PDA

View Full Version : Memo to Michael Finley:

IceColdBrewski
02-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Learn how to block out instead of getting manhandled for a rebound AND a putback when all we need is one stop to win.

Thanx.

Das Texan
02-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Michael Finley doesnt know what defense is.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:12 PM
12 points 8 boards.

Ginobili didn't help block out either.

I see he has switched from Parker to Finley.....

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Finley actually has been playing decent D lately. He fucked up on that play and didn't box out, but he has been doing a lot of positive things defensively lately.

You can't really knock him for getting beat by Iggy. Look what Iggy did to Manu.

koopa
02-15-2006, 10:16 PM
i hope all you ppl on here that hate on finley don't jump on his nuts in the playoffs when he is playing good

T Park
If Finley would've boxed out, AI would've went over his back gotten it and still made it.

THe guy can freakin jump out of the building.

Spurminator
Sixers did a good job of intentionally drawing Duncan away from the basket so that the Spurs would only have 4 guards to rebound a miss. Tough break, but Webber had too much room to shoot anyway.

IceColdBrewski
12 points 8 boards.

Ginobili didn't help block out either.

I see he has switched from Parker to Finley.....

We all know you hate Ginobili, but watch the replay T-Pork. Ginobili blocked his man out on that putback with 1.1 seconds left. Finley just let himself get assraped.

Spurologist
02-15-2006, 10:21 PM
FIN also missed a clutch FT that could have prevented OT.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-15-2006, 10:22 PM
If you're gonna bitch complain about them missing 6 Fts in the last 7 minutes of basketball.

Finley could have won it in regulation if he would have sunk both.

hussker
02-15-2006, 10:23 PM
If you're gonna bitch complain about them missing 6 Fts in the last 7 minutes of basketball.

TRUE...TRUE!

timvp
02-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Michael Finley played like Michael Finley. I'm not sure exactly what Spurs fans are expecting out of him.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:26 PM
We all know you hate Ginobili

Oh yeah, hate him with a passion.

Almost as much as you hate Tony Parker.

Finley just let himself get assraped.

Iguadala was doing it all night, not just there.

But vent and hate Finley all you want.

Ginobili can be lumped into that as well.

I have no qualms about Ginobili nor Finley missing them.

It is rare that they both miss em, Ginobili especially is money with FTs and Finley has proved to be as well.

No worries.

Have a good break boys, come back rested against Seattle.

Nephets
02-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Lets all complain about every loss, then when we win praise someone that helped them win, then go back to hating them when they lose.

This is why I lurk.

ShoogarBear
02-15-2006, 10:27 PM
What I don't get is the logic that Finley's one FT miss cost us the game. There were certainly others who missed a FT in crunch time.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Michael Finley played like Michael Finley

?

So he played bad.

Guess those clutch shots and rebounds he was grabbing were just "Michael being Michael"

Oh yeah,

Devin not only would've made the FTs, he wouldve gotten the rebound, run to the other end, and dunked it all in one move.

How silly of us to think good of Fin.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
?

So he played bad.

Guess those clutch shots and rebounds he was grabbing were just "Michael being Michael"

Oh yeah,

Devin not only would've made the FTs, he wouldve gotten the rebound, run to the other end, and dunked it all in one move.

Don't jump to conclusions, Mr. Overreaction. LJ is just saying that people shouldn't expect so much of him defensively.

Simmer down.

timvp
02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
?

So he played bad.

Oh yeah,

:wtf

How is what I said negative?

I thought he played pretty well today and hit a key jumper.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Hard to read into Finley is Finley.....

I thought for a Maverick, he played damn good D.

Even Van Exel played some damn good D on a bigger stronger John Salmons at times.

Iguodala is a VERY tough matchup for a guy like Finley.

Hell, he was beating manu around pretty good too.

Spurologist
02-15-2006, 10:36 PM
?

So he played bad.

Oh yeah,

A lot of us were praising FIN and saying how clutch he would be. All he has done is shown up when it least matters. The answer is wait till the playoffs, but fuck that. FIN is a volume shooter that requires a lot of shots. He can get hot now and then but that isn't happening. If he doesn't want to show up, he can the the team's official ball packer cause they didn't have any... again

Que Gee
02-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Michael Finley played like Michael Finley. I'm not sure exactly what Spurs fans are expecting out of him.

Why did you have a hard time with Barry than? You've been defending Finley no matter what he does...and he hasn't done shit. He's been shooting like shit...Yet for whatever reason your the number one Finley fan. I used to get knocked for defending Barry, but your pretty amusing in your refusal to write anything critical of the guy...classic.

As for defense, he has not been playing any better defense now, than he was at the beginning of the season Kori...

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 10:37 PM
As for defense, he has not been playing any better defense now, than he was at the beginning of the season Kori...

Pop and I disagree.

Pandaemonaeon
02-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Thanks Mark Cuban!

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:39 PM
All he has done is shown up when it least matters

The 4th quarter didn't matter tonight??

Interesting..... What game in the second half did you watch?!?!

Total absolute bullshit.

I used to get knocked for defending Barry

Because hes been here for a year.

Because he knows the schemes, he knows the plays.

Yet, hell continue to force guys down the middle of the lane.

He will continue to pass up open shots when he should SHOOT!

I don't know how many times a game when Barry is in, I scream shoot the damn ball.

Its gotten old, and I think finally Pop has had enough.

timvp
02-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Why did you have a hard time with Barry than? You've been defending Finley no matter what he does...and he hasn't done shit. He's been shooting like shit...Yet for whatever reason your the number one Finley fan.

WTF?

You do know I'm on record as saying I'd rather have Devin than MF, right?

Damn, people don't read anymore.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Pop and I disagree

And I will always defer to the people who have twice the basketball knowledge that I do.

Pop sees the improvement, Kori sees it, hell I SEE IT.

Denver, he couldn't keep Voshon Leonard in front of him.

Tonight he was hanging with faster guys like Salmons, and gave it a good effort at times against Iverson.

Hes improved 2 fold since Dallas in his defense. Its not Ginobili or Bowen D, but its pretty damn good for a guy who came from score first, let them score second.

timvp
02-15-2006, 10:43 PM
First T Park gets on me for bashing Finley and then QG gets on me for praising Finley. All because of one post.

Now that is talent.

:smokin

Spurologist
02-15-2006, 10:49 PM
The 4th quarter didn't matter tonight??

Interesting..... What game in the second half did you watch?!?!

I don't get to watch most games, but I am basing my opinions on stats. He was making shot after shot when we getting blown out. Today, he missed a clutch FT. I would classify that as choking. Isn't he an 80+% shooter? Fact is FIN has not played well. This his first year coming off the bench, I believe, and I don't know if he's adjusting well. He's a volume shooter. Maybe he needs a lot of shots to get him going. The same can be said for arenas or pierce. Pop is sub happy when FIN misses a couple of shots.

2centsworth
02-15-2006, 10:52 PM
All I know is Tim Bumkin and Manu Gibaldi choked from the free throw line.

T Park
02-15-2006, 10:55 PM
I apologize.

Read too much into it.

But Finley being Finley could've been a little more explained.

but I am basing my opinions on stats

Thats the worst, most uneducated thing you could do.

If you can't see the games, you gotta hold off on the guy is a stiff.

Tonight in the 4th Fin was nails, sans the missed FT.

THat jumper at the top of the key barely touched the freakin net is was so pure.

Finley this year, when put in position for a lead taking, lead growing, or taking a lead in the 4th quarter, hes BAGGED the shot.

This his first year coming off the bench, I believe, and I don't know if he's adjusting well

Thats another thing.

Starting and being a focal point of an offense for 6 years, then told, come off the bench, and be lucky to get 5 shots, some open, is a tough thing to adjust to.
Sorry you've had high expectations for him.

Pop is sub happy when FIN misses a couple of shots

Pop is sub happy if your not giving effort on the defensive end and letting missed shots affect you, IE BRent Barry.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Pop is just fuckin sub happy.........

Players like Beno and Rasho have no need in even suiting up....

Pop lost both of these games......

Duncan was having a hall of fame game prior to halftime against Cleveland and then wtf happened?

Look, you're either going to play Manu or your not... play Tony or your fucking not.......

This is not fuckin high school........ these guys are professionals and they need to quit looking over their shoulders worrying about getting fucking yanked all the time......

I don't see Allen Iverson, Wade, Tmac, Shaq or any other top player getting fucking yanked for ill advised shit or taking a play off on defense.....

These fuckin players of the Spurs need to start playing a few more minutes and quit being a bunch of pussies....

You mean to tell me the fucking road to a championship is going to go through fucking Dallas and Detroit because the fuckin Spurs decided to fuck off on back to backs??????

WTF is that shit?

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:02 PM
what in gods name are you talking about!??!

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:02 PM
I don't see Allen Iverson, Wade, Tmac, Shaq or any other top player getting fucking yanked for ill advised shit or taking a play off on defense

And thats why they wont win anymore rings.

Until YOU understand that, your wasting bandwidth.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Pop is just fuckin sub happy.........

Players like Beno and Rasho have no need in even suiting up....

Pop lost both of these games......

Duncan was having a hall of fame game prior to halftime against Cleveland and then wtf happened?

Look, you're either going to play Manu or your not... play Tony or your fucking not.......

This is not fuckin high school........ these guys are professionals and they need to quit looking over their shoulders worrying about getting fucking yanked all the time......

I don't see Allen Iverson, Wade, Tmac, Shaq or any other top player getting fucking yanked for ill advised shit or taking a play off on defense.....

These fuckin players of the Spurs need to start playing a few more minutes and quit being a bunch of pussies....

You mean to tell me the fucking road to a championship is going to go through fucking Dallas and Detroit because the fuckin Spurs decided to fuck off on back to backs??????

WTF is that shit?

Tony played 40 something minutes tonight.

Manu got yanked early because the way he was going Igoudala would have had 30 points in the first quarter.

Wise up.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 11:05 PM
And thats why they wont win anymore rings.

Until YOU understand that, your wasting bandwidth.

we're not talking about the rings we already have, I am talking about right fucking now you fuckin dipshit.

the spurs are dropping bullshit games to weak ass oponents because they have no fucking rotation, Tim Duncan is a puss, Manu has his head up his ass and Pop is worried about playing his 2 kids Rasho and fucking Beno when Plan A should be to get their asses out of San Antonio, for a bucket of shit if he has to.

2centsworth
02-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Gibaldi doesn't do his team any favors in these type of games.

SequSpur
02-15-2006, 11:07 PM
Tony played 40 something minutes tonight.

Manu got yanked early because the way he was going Igoudala would have had 30 points in the first quarter.

Wise up.

I am not talking about just tonight.....

I am talking about all the fucking time, the last 4 got damn years.

Dallas is in first place.

Detroit is still taking care of business.

Wise down.

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:07 PM
we're not talking about the rings we already have

and Im talking about the players highlighted DUMBSHIT.

Pop is worried about playing his 2 kids Rasho and fucking Beno

Beno didn't play tonight Genius, but keep yapping your DSLs.

Tim Duncan is a puss

tough talk coming from someone who prob couldnt harm a fly

Manu has his head up his ass

If only he had as many Championship performances as Vince Carter.

wait........

T Park
02-15-2006, 11:08 PM
the last 4 got damn years.

2 titles in 4 years.

Problem again?