PDA

View Full Version : my thoughts on the olympics (a twofer)

Tim Reynolds
02-15-2006, 10:55 PM
m not sure how strong your bragging rights are when you win an event by less then a 1/5th of a second, i mean at that point given all the natural and somewhat uncontrollable factors that go into an event (like wind or a rock on the hill, or in say skiing if the snow is a little more melted when its your turn then the person who went 30 minutes ago, or in speed skating like maybe there was a bump in the ice that slowed someone down that 1/5th of a second) cant the difference between scores, given so many outside influence, essentially be considered a tie???

and secondly, i think its interesting that speed skating is basically nascar on skates, the speed skaters pace themselves letting other take the lead so that they can "drift" behind them to cut back on the wind resistance they are facing, they generally try to sling past each other when going around turns on an oval track, they bump each other, and jock for position just like in nascar... yet while the two sports are so similar in styles the crowds they draw to watch them all completely different, no nascar fan would admit to watching speed skating and visa versa even though they are essentially the same sport (one on skates and the other on tires)

hussker
02-15-2006, 10:59 PM
13.6 seconds is HUGE compared to 0.2 sec. See Below...FUCKING DUMBASS!!!!

Zombie
02-15-2006, 11:07 PM
no nascar fan would admit to watching speed skating and visa versa even though they are essentially the same sport (one on skates and the other on tires)
I will have to beg to differ! :rolleyes
Speed skating is awesome!

hussker
02-15-2006, 11:10 PM
I will have to beg to differ! :rolleyes
Speed skating is awesome!

SPEED SKATING IS THE SHIT! Figure skating? not so much...

I would like to see full body contact curling!

MannyIsGod
02-15-2006, 11:14 PM
You're an idiot and it pisses me off that an idiot took the name Tim Reynolds.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2006, 11:17 PM
I like that all the winners get new copies of Windows XP to wear around their necks. Bill Gates is a genius.

CharlieMac
02-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Skeleton...

2Blonde
02-16-2006, 01:17 PM
I like that all the winners get new copies of Windows XP to wear around their necks. Bill Gates is a genius.
:lmao :lmao