PDA

View Full Version : Fosters' Clutch Shot Leads Pacers To Victory Over Pistons.

Pooh
10-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Fosters' Clutch Shot Leads Pacers To Victory Over Pistons 89-87

By Johnnie Clay - October 29, 2003 10:21 PM

Jeff Foster knew that if Scot Pollard wasn't playing well, Pacers Coach Rick Carlisle wouldn't heistate to put him in.

Thank goodness he did. Fosters' clutch rebound, followed by hitting a late free throw, helped propel the Indiana Pacers to a thrilling 89-87 victory tonight over the Detroit Pistons at the Palace in Auburn Hills.

Fosters' five points won't show up on the box score as amazing, but his hustle and clutch free throw shooting late was the difference in a nail biting game.

The Pacers led at times by as many as twelve points, only to see the Pistons claw their way back into the game. Defensive player of the year Ben Wallace pulled down 17 rebounds, along with 16 points to help bring the Pistons back, taking the lead late into the game at 87-85.

The Pacers soon tied the game with under a minute remaining, then taking a one point lead with an Ron Artest free throw. Then it was Fosters turn. A clutch rebound and foul sent him to the line with less than 30 seconds left. After missing the first free throw, Foster hit the second one to give the Pacers a two-point lead 89-87 with 14.8 seconds remaining.

The Pistons had several good opportunites to send the game into overtime but game up short, thus giving the Pacers a last minute victory in the season opener.

Jermaine O'Neal led the Pacers with 22 points, 11 rebounds and 5 block shots. Foul trouble kept O'Neal on the bench for most of the fourth quarter. Ron Artest, followed up his outstanding pre-season with 21 points.

Reggie Miller proved he's still got the touch from the three point arch, going 3-4, and scoring 14 points. Kenny Anderson, who got the starting nod tonight over Jamaal Tinsley, scored 10 points.

pacersrule03
10-31-2003, 12:28 AM
To go into the game and grab rebounds over ben wallace is a tough job. Foster did it last night and that was the difference. I'm not going to say if i'd rather have foster the starting C instead of pollard just yet.

Pooh
10-31-2003, 12:36 AM
Well it's still early, but I like what I see from Foster. Should Pollard get into early foul trouble, like most of the Pacers did last night. It's good to know that Carlisle can bring someone in and the offense can still run smoothly