PDA

View Full Version : Current USA Team roster?

Brutalis
02-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Alright so a lot of buddies in europe I play an old 2-d game Virgin Mobile dropped years ago have talked so much shit and got me back into the summer games coming up.

I'm no longer a darksider.

Now I want to know the current team and players we have. Any info?

JMarkJohns
02-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Kobe, I believe, is the only player officially named.

The others are just names in a group that will try out and compete for the A team.

themvp
02-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Kobe, I believe, is the only player officially named.

The others are just names in a group that will try out and compete for the A team.

What about LeBron and Iverson, arent they officialy named?

JamStone
02-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I have no links, but from what I've read over the last couple months, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James are the only official committed players. Shawn Marion, Allen Iverson, and Amare Stoudemire are all but committed.

Dwyane Wade has been approached and said he will decide all star weekend.

Chauncey Billups would like to be a part but does not want to participate this summer because his wife is having a baby. Colangelo has intimated that he could still participate even though he would miss this summer.

I think pending are players like Jermaine O'Neal, Elton Brand, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, Shane Battier, Kirk Hinrich, Richard Jefferson, Michael Redd, Emeka Okafor, among others. Some are not necessarily invited, but those are considerations.

Shaq, Kevin Garnett, Vince Carter, and Tim Duncan have expressed they are not interested in playing. Jason Kidd and Tracy McGrady are still options but are leaning towards not wanting to play.

That's all I remember. None of that is official or certain. That's just what I remember reading in a few articles.