PDA

View Full Version : One week.

Leetonidas
02-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Trade deadline is next Thursday. Will the Spurs look any different in one week?

Brutalis
02-16-2006, 06:42 PM
my guess is no.

spurs=bling
02-16-2006, 06:42 PM
I hope not

themvp
02-16-2006, 06:47 PM
No.

smeagol
02-16-2006, 06:51 PM
I love that Bare Naked Ladies song.

Dre_7
02-16-2006, 06:53 PM
No. But I would like to see them get Tyson Chandler. :D

Bruno
02-16-2006, 07:11 PM
I hope no but my guess is yes.
I think that Barry will be traded.

For the whole rodeo road trip (8 games), he has played 48 minutes and scored 7 points on 2-11. NVE has even played some SG over him.

When you consider that our owner is Peter Holt and that Spurs will pay the Luxury tax this year, I can't see Spurs keeping a guy payed $5M who plays 6mpg when everyone is healthy.

Kori Ellis
02-16-2006, 07:13 PM
I'll guess they'll be some minor changes.

spurs=bling
02-16-2006, 07:14 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Peabody
02-16-2006, 07:15 PM

Wow, so you think there will be at least one transaction?

Interesting.

Dunc
02-16-2006, 07:16 PM
What's up with Rasho? I haven't watched your guys often enough to tell if he actually sucks or if the overwhelming majority of you guys (Spurs fans) are being reactionary to a few mediocre efforts on his part. So is he decent? Does he lick asshole? What's the deal there?

Kori Ellis
02-16-2006, 07:17 PM
What's up with Rasho? I haven't watched your guys often enough to tell if he actually sucks or if the overwhelming majority of you guys (Spurs fans) are being reactionary to a few mediocre efforts on his part. So is he decent? Does he lick asshole? What's the deal there?

He's good on D and he sucks on O. He's very passive offensively and doesn't rebound well.

Dunc
02-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Wow, so you think there will be at least one transaction?

Interesting.

How about this: Kelvin Cato's expiring contract goes from the Pistons to the Spurs in return for Michael Finley and Brent Barry? Addresses our guard problem and gives you cap flexibility.... :lol

SoCalSpursFan
02-16-2006, 07:19 PM
I agree with Kori, I think they are going to make some small changes.

NZHayden
02-16-2006, 07:21 PM
i like the team as it is, we've go the players and depth to do the back to back

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-16-2006, 07:26 PM
No. But I would like to see them get Tyson Chandler. :D

I doubt the Spurs will get him, but the San Antonio Blaze of the Southwest Coalition announced a trade last week in which they received Tyson Chandler from the San Antonio Hallstars in exchange for Eddie Jones.

:lol

angel_luv
02-16-2006, 07:45 PM

What would you characterize as a minor change?

I hope the spurs stay the same- unless they just add someone.

Melmart1
02-16-2006, 07:47 PM

I hope the spurs stay the same- unless they just add someone.

In other words, Angel wants to know if you think trading Rasho would be a "minor change" :lol

1Parker1
02-16-2006, 07:48 PM

Nice going, Kori. Now Angel will be up all night worrying. :lol

lilmads
02-16-2006, 07:58 PM
:lol I like the team as is... If they can get someone better then fine, otherwise hell no... :(

Leetonidas
02-16-2006, 10:10 PM
I believe Tim Thomas may be on our team soon.

spurs=bling
02-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Nice going, Kori. Now Angel will be up all night worrying. :lol

she ain't gonna be alone.

ducks
02-16-2006, 10:18 PM
spurs are
not over the luxcury tax

oh oh
something is going to happen

ALVAREZ6
02-16-2006, 10:19 PM
I am willing to bet that the Sixers will make a move before the deadline. It's just tradition.

The Sixers always make a last minute move, sometimes in the last possible hour.

spurs=bling
02-16-2006, 10:33 PM
spurs are
not over the luxcury tax

oh oh
something is going to happen
:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

STOP IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spurschick
02-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Can we trade Kevin Federline for someone?

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-17-2006, 02:02 AM
List of Spurs moves next week:

NVE for Billups
Barry for McGrady
Marks for Gasol
Mohammed for Camby
Rasho for Ben Wallace
Beno for Nash

:smokin

Chris
02-17-2006, 08:24 AM

NVE for Billups
Barry for McGrady
Marks for Gasol
Mohammed for Camby
Rasho for Ben Wallace
Beno for Nash

Can you say sa-la-ry cap? I know you're just kidding but that sounds like a modern day dream team

abelle23
02-17-2006, 08:30 AM

NVE for Billups
Barry for McGrady
Marks for Gasol
Mohammed for Camby
Rasho for Ben Wallace
Beno for Nash

that wouldve been nice :smokin

ducks
02-17-2006, 10:36 AM
that line up would suck

gospursgojas
02-17-2006, 10:48 AM

Hes been in trade talk surrounding the Spurs before....

He was good in milwaukee... maybe he still has something to offer the Spurs

Dunc
02-17-2006, 11:57 AM

NVE for Billups
Barry for McGrady
Marks for Gasol
Mohammed for Camby
Rasho for Ben Wallace
Beno for Nash

:rollin :lmao

:fro

Mixability
02-17-2006, 12:38 PM
In other words, Angel wants to know if you think trading Rasho would be a "minor change" :lol

I'd call it a "most wanted" change.

Rescueone
02-17-2006, 05:05 PM
It has to be a trade involving Nazr! He's been getting the minutes lately to showcase his limited talents. It's a strategy often used to move a player. Nazr, Beno and/or Barry will be moved by the dead line. For who...I don't know! But Barry has to go. Dude has been playing like shit, and the once Mr Automatic from the free throw line is also stinking it up there. Too much money sitting on the bench and not producing.

Peter
02-17-2006, 05:37 PM
I doubt they will move Barry since they only have 4 swings. Mohammed remains the likely trade bait.

Chris
02-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I see no reason whatsoever to trade anyone on this Spurs team. We have the best team in the league so why fix the shit if it ain't broke?

Slinkyman
02-17-2006, 06:03 PM

Tim Thomas makes 14 million, we'd have to trade barry, rasho and nazr to make that work plus he doesn't play D, jacks up 3s and can't rebound even though he's 6'10, just what we need.

Leetonidas
02-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Tim Thomas makes 14 million, we'd have to trade barry, rasho and nazr to make that work plus he doesn't play D, jacks up 3s and can't rebound even though he's 6'10, just what we need.

No, I think he will be bought out and come here.

They said Glenn Robinson didn't play D either.

Leetonidas
02-17-2006, 07:33 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2171~42&teams=24~19

Wouldn't that be sweet.

milkyway21
02-17-2006, 09:16 PM
why Tim Thomas' name still persisting regarding possible trades for the Spurs this month? Will he be a factor for this team? How interested are we?

are we really looking for some change before deadline?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/marty_burns/02/15/trade.tracker/index.html

A change is gonna come
By Marty Burns
Evaluating the biggest names likely to be traded
Posted: Wednesday February 15, 2006 12:04PM; Updated: Thursday February 16, 2006 1:37PM

The NBA trade deadline is Feb. 23. While there has been plenty of talk, it is doubtful there will be any major blockbusters. Only a handful of teams appear to have the right combination of motivation and desirable assets. The Nuggets, Knicks, Sonics, Hawks, Magic and Bulls head the list of teams most likely to make a move. Here's a look at 10 top names on the market and where each might end up.

Trade Tracker
SI.com's Marty Burns analyzes who may be in play by the Feb. 23 trade deadline.
On The Block
Steve Francis
2005-06 salary: $13.7 million
Remaining contract: three years, $49 million
Potential suitors: Nuggets, Knicks
The Magic is taking phone calls for the three-time All-Star, who has played poorly much of the season amid growing frustration with his role. The Nuggets need a shooting guard and have spare assets in Nenê, Earl Watson and Voshon Lenard. But Denver is leery of adding Francis's huge contract without making some other cost-saving moves. The Knicks reportedly covet Watson and might be willing to work some kind of three-way, perhaps involving Jamal Crawford. Or New York might try to land Stevie Franchise straight up for Penny Hardaway's expiring contract. However, Magic assistant G.M. Otis Smith insisted Monday that Francis is not likely be traded.

Paul Pierce :huh
2005-06 salary: $14.3 million
Remaining contract: two years, $34 million
Potential suitors: T'wolves, Bulls
The Celtics swear they're not looking to trade him, but the team is in the midst of a youth movement and would be foolish not to listen to offers. While rumors of a Kevin Garnett swap can be put to rest (at least for this season), it's possible some other team could step up with an offer too good to refuse. The Bulls, for example, could offer a package involving former UConn star Ben Gordon, point guard Chris Duhon, Tim Thomas's expiring contract and a 2006 first-round pick for Pierce and Raef LaFrentz. But Pierce is an All-Star talent, and president Danny Ainge is not likely to give him up without getting an All-Star in return.

Al Harrington
2005-06 salary: $7.0 million
Remaining contract: unrestricted free agent '06
Potential suitors: Bulls, Knicks
Every year it seems the Hawks make a trade-deadline deal to clear cap space for the summer, and G.M. Billy Knight might be inclined to do it again. Harrington, a free agent after the season, is the kind of scoring forward who could push a team over the top in a playoff race. Meanwhile, Atlanta probably doesn't want to re-sign Harrington to big money when it already has Marvin Williams and Josh Smith. The Knicks would love to add Harrington, but they don't have anything the Hawks want. The Bulls have draft picks and young players to dangle, but it is doubtful Chicago sees Harrington as the guy to take them to the next level.

Kenyon Martin
2005-06 salary: $10.6 million
Remaining contract: four years, $65 million
Potential suitors: Knicks, Bulls
The Nuggets might be tempted to move his big contract, especially if they want to take on Francis. Denver realistically can't have them both since it would put the Nuggets well over the luxury tax threshold and affect their ability to re-sign Carmelo Anthony when he becomes a restricted free agent in two years. The Knicks reportedly have offered Hardaway and his expiring deal. The Bulls might be willing to offer Thomas's expiring contract, but it's highly doubtful Chicago would be willing to take on K-Mart for the long haul, especially with his recent knee problems.

Drew Gooden
2005-06 salary: $4.1 million
Remaining contract: restricted free agent '06
Potential suitors: Bulls, Knicks
The Cavs are not necessarily looking to trade him, but he can become a restricted free agent this summer and they might do it to save payroll for LeBron James' contract extension. It is no secret that Cleveland is seeking point guard help. One rumor had Gooden heading to the Bulls, where he'd be reunited with former Kansas teammate Kirk Hinrich in exchange for Duhon. The Knicks also could make a run at Gooden. They reportedly offered Kurt Thomas for him last year, but the Cavs rejected it.

Earl Watson
2005-06 salary: $5 million
Remaining contract: four years, $24 million
Potential suitors: Knicks, Sonics, Magic
The Nuggets have made no secret that they would like to find a new home for the 6-foot-1 point guard, who is stuck behind Andre Miller and Earl Boykins. The Sonics need a backup point guard, but they have had trouble matching up salaries to make this deal work. Still, they have some big men to offer in Reggie Evans or Danny Fortson, and that's what the Nuggets need. The Knicks also are interested, and might be able to get it done via that three-way trade with the Magic, but for now those talks appear to be on hold.

Reggie Evans
2005-06 salary: $1.1 million
Remaining contract: unrestricted free agent, '06
Potential suitors: T'wolves, Knicks, Nuggets
The Sonics are willing to deal this 6'9" rebounding demon, who lost his starting spot to Vladimir Radmanovic when Bob Hill took over as coach (and will probably remain on the bench with Chris Wilcox now in Seattle). T'wolves coach Dwane Casey is a former Sonics assistant who got along well with Evans during their days together. He likely would go for a deal that would bring Evans (and perhaps shooting guard Ronald Murray) to the Twin Cities. But Minnesota doesn't appear to have anything the Sonics want. Same goes for the Knicks, whose refusal to include Channing Frye in any deal has been a deal-breaker thus far for Seattle. Complicating matters for the Sonics is the fact that Evans and Murray each has the right to veto any trade, and neither is likely to do so since he would be giving up his Bird rights.

Theo Ratliff
2005-06 salary: $11 million
Remaining contract: two years, $23 million
Potential suitors: Knicks
The Blazers are in a youth movement and wouldn't mind getting rid of Ratliff's salary. Knicks coach Larry Brown has made no secret that he wants a shot-blocker, and New York reportedly has offered Penny Hardaway's expiring contract. Portland apparently is holding out for one of the Knicks' young players as well. The Blazers also might opt to keep Ratliff as insurance in case they lose Joel Przybilla, who will be a free agent this summer. One potential snag in any trade is that Ratliff recently sprained his left knee and is expected to be out at least two weeks.

Penny Hardaway
2005-06 salary: $15.8 million
Potential suitors: Nuggets, Blazers, Sonics, Magic, T'wolves, Lakers
The 6-foot-7 veteran has been rehabbing his arthritic knees in Houston and is not expected back this season. But his contract could be an asset for teams looking to clear payroll this summer. One recent rumor had the Lakers willing to deal Lamar Odom if the Knicks threw in Frye, but the salaries don't match up and it's far-fetched to believe L.A. would give up Odom when it's in the middle of a playoff race. T'wolves guard Marko Jaric would be more a realistic target for the Knicks, but once again the salaries don't come close to matching up.

Tim Thomas
2005-06 salary: $14 million
Potential suitors: Nets, Spurs, Hawks
The Bulls, already set with a talented young perimeter core, sent him home rather than have a potential cancer on the bench. Still, Thomas is a 6-foot10 sharpshooter who in the right circumstances might be able to help a contending team. In the final year of his contract, he comes at very low cost and risk. He claims the Nets and Spurs are interested, but it appears to be more wishful thinking on his part. Unless the Bulls can deal him for another player in the last year of his contract, they're likely to keep him and let his contract come off the books at the season's end.

ABDENOUR POWER
02-17-2006, 09:39 PM
I love that Bare Naked Ladies song.

I'm listening to it right now. :lol

About the real question, though, I don't think the Spurs will make any moves.

manu
02-17-2006, 11:52 PM
manu will have longer hair