PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone freaking out?

aaronstampler
02-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Road trip finished 6-2, with the two losses coming against playoff teams. Tim and Manu are not close to fully healthy. Horry is hurt. Barry is completely out of the rotation at the moment. Please stop panicking. We're the defending champions, not the freaking Miami Heat.

It's useless to make grandiose blanket statements about this team or to form concrete opinions until everyone is healthy and Pop sets his rotation once and for all.

Once everyone gets healthy and Pop nails down the rotation for good, then maybe we can see where we are. Everyone knows we peak in the last 20 games...

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Welcome to Spurstalk, where the Hindenburg crashes almost 100 times a season.

themvp
02-16-2006, 06:46 PM
You dont panic. Everything is under control.

WalterBenitez
02-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Road trip finished 6-2, with the two losses coming against playoff teams. Tim and Manu are not close to fully healthy. Horry is hurt. Barry is completely out of the rotation at the moment. Please stop panicking. We're the defending champions, not the freaking Miami Heat.
It's useless to make grandiose blanket statements about this team or to form concrete opinions until everyone is healthy and Pop sets his rotation once and for all.
Once everyone gets healthy and Pop nails down the rotation for good, then maybe we can see where we are. Everyone knows we peak in the last 20 games...

You forgot to mention that last night POP was drunk ordering to go with Manu in his night off :drunk

Kori Ellis
02-16-2006, 08:14 PM
:wtf

I don't see anyone panicking.

spurschick
02-16-2006, 08:22 PM
I agree, I don't see anyone freaking out. I think we're just pissed that they didn't play well. Like many have said, we're spoiled. That being said, some threads to look forward to in the next few weeks are:

Fire Pop
Manu Sucks (along with the entire nation of Argentina)
Trade Tony (it's all Eva's fault)
Tim is Too Old
Bench Rasho
Bench Nazr

Sportman
02-16-2006, 08:23 PM
No maybe i am the only who is freaking out.

spurs=bling
02-16-2006, 08:24 PM
I agree, I don't see anyone freaking out. I think we're just pissed that they didn't play well. Like many have said, we're spoiled. That being said, some threads to look forward to in the next few weeks are:

Fire Pop
Tim is Too Old
Bench Rasho
Bench Nazr

:lol

Would you like fries with that? :lol

Kori Ellis
02-16-2006, 08:25 PM
I think in regard to the team's health. Many people are (rightfully?) worried that Tim won't be healthy by playoff time. I think that's a legitimate concern, not really a freak out.

I know that Manu will be fine by the playoffs. That's his time to shine. But Tim's foot is somewhat concerning.

spurschick
02-16-2006, 08:26 PM
No maybe i am the only who is freaking out.

Dude, drink some more Kool-aid... you'll feel better.

http://www.spurschick.com/manukoolaid.jpg

WalterBenitez
02-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Fire Pop
Tim is Too Old
Bench Rasho
Bench Nazr

Let me guess anothers...

Keep POP away from his wine bottle :drunk
Wake up Manu before 3rd Quarter :rolleyes
Keep Tony away from Eva's hands (at least the night before every game)
TIM back to :fro
Start NAZR over Rasho (plz don't trade him)

Dunc
02-16-2006, 08:30 PM

Lol, that's hilarious

doldrums
02-16-2006, 08:35 PM
I say we get rid of G robinson and T massenburg. Oh we did?!

, back to the drawing board.

spurs=bling
02-16-2006, 08:37 PM

i swear my laptop is gonna break from all the water i spit out when i saw that.

clooneyschick04
02-16-2006, 08:40 PM

Nice one!! :tu :tu :tu :tu

ShoogarBear
02-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Oh, the humanity!

ALVAREZ6
02-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Yeah, no one is panicking. The threads are all under control, there aren't 100+ venting threads all about the same old shit that spurschick described.

I remember how bad it got in here after some play-off losses...and I'll admit that I was one of thoes guys that flipped shit and went crazy on the Spurs.

dbreiden83080
02-16-2006, 09:36 PM
100% or not Timmy is a warrior come playoff time he will bring it to the tune of 24 and 12 a game i have total faith in him.

Old School Chic
02-16-2006, 09:48 PM

:elephant Delicioso....

slayermin
02-16-2006, 10:03 PM
FIRE POP! TRADE RASHO! BRING IN SCOLA!

The Rodeo Road trip produced three memorable wins, imo (@Tor, @NJ, @Ind). In particular, I enjoyed the win against the Raptors even though the Spur defense made Mike James look like Tim Hardaway.

The trip was a smashing success.

CHAMPS AGAIN
02-16-2006, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=aaronstampler]Road trip finished 6-2, with the two losses coming against playoff teams. Tim and Manu are not close to fully healthy. Horry is hurt. Barry is completely out of the rotation at the moment. Please stop panicking. We're the defending champions, not the freaking Miami Heat.

I wonder what :idiot in this forum would say about the rodeo road trip if the SPURS would have lost the first 2 games and than won 6 in a roll. the tone would be it was a great rodeo trip,instead of all this crying. :elephant

boutons_
02-17-2006, 02:00 AM
"lost the first 2 games and than won 6 in a roll. "

Of course, finishing the RRT with 6 wins would indicate that they were on a roll, even if they were ugly Ws, where "they find a way to win" rather than dominating weaker teams.

But dropping the last 2 games with miserably, disgustingly bad performances indicates they aren't rolling, but stalled and sputtering. The preceding win streak was unconvincing anyway, so the 2 losses exposed the Spurs' sorry state.

But WGAF? It's only the All-Star Break. The fragile, tired Spurs don't play serious basketball, an activity they seem to find very unpleasant and unsustainable, until April.

Spurs won't make it out of the WC, or maybe not past the 2nd round, if Tim's PF continus to make him play way below his norm, esp on defense.

travis2
02-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Welcome to Spurstalk, where the Hindenburg crashes almost 100 times a season.
:lmao