PDA

View Full Version : New MJ commercial

romsey31
02-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Anyone see the new "let ur game speak" MJ commercial? The ones with different people & cultures imitating stuff MJ did? It ends with a little guy shrugs like what MJ did when he hit 6 threes in the first qtr while MJ looks on from the side of the court smiling.....by far the best MJ commercial ever

Rynospursfan
02-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Who the hell is MJ?

J/K :spin

Sportman
02-16-2006, 09:00 PM
I suppose he was talking about Michael Jordan

spurs=bling
02-16-2006, 09:01 PM
no haven't seen it. but i prolly will.

ALVAREZ6
02-16-2006, 09:08 PM
I suppose he was talking about Michael Jordan
Rynospursfan was just joking, that probably slipped by you because you didn't know what "j/k" means.

j/k=just kidding

mookie2001
02-16-2006, 09:08 PM
best jordan commercial ever
no fucking way

anyone remember the commerical for these

http://www.jordanzone.com/images/shoes/airjordan11/large_aj11.jpg
he getting ready to play and the whole world was silent, at a stand still, a classical chorus was playing while peoples sinks were overflowing waiting for jordan, then he dunks on that big ass hoop and the world starts again

the music and the commercial were a masterpiece
and I used to hate jordans ass too

Cant_Be_Faded
02-16-2006, 09:13 PM
The fatal flaw of the Mookie is that his anti-trendiness trend is just that: a trend.

SoCalSpursFan
02-16-2006, 09:14 PM
The McDonalds "H.O.R.S.E" commercials with Larry Bird.

Those will always be the best.

I'm lovin' it.

Ginobili_20_gold_medalist
02-16-2006, 09:19 PM
best jordan commercial ever
no fucking way

anyone remember the commerical for these

he getting ready to play and the whole world was silent, at a stand still, a classical chorus was playing while peoples sinks were overflowing waiting for jordan, then he dunks on that big ass hoop and the world starts again

the music and the commercial were a masterpiece
and I used to hate jordans ass too

Actually that commercial you described was for the (Air Jordan XII's) he wore in '97.

The commercial for the shoes you have pictured above show Jordan dunking on a rim about 100 feet high and then the commercial goes off with him hanging on the rim wondering how to get down :lol

Sportman
02-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Rynospursfan was just joking, that probably slipped by you because you didn't know what "j/k" means.

j/k=just kidding

AH OK!!!!.......yes sure i didnt know that

Fool
02-16-2006, 10:04 PM
I saw the commercial. I liked it. The song will always be my favorite MJ commercial.

Sometimes I dream ...

Mixability
02-17-2006, 12:28 AM

best jordans ever.

PM5K
02-17-2006, 12:49 AM
That's a very cool commercial...

You can find it on his website for PC/MAC/PSP/IPOD.

My favorites are the shrug and the kid that palms the ball...

romsey31
02-17-2006, 07:25 AM
That's a very cool commercial...

You can find it on his website for PC/MAC/PSP/IPOD.

My favorites are the shrug and the kid that palms the ball...

whats his website?

gospursgojas
02-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah I saw it...it was one of his best commercials. Maybe THE best...

MoSpur
02-17-2006, 10:44 AM
I saw it last night during the Philly/Chicago game. I loved it. I use to love watching MJ. That commercial is very good. I think my favorite part is when that kid pushes off like MJ did against Utah.

gospursgojas
02-17-2006, 11:00 AM
That kid that is hunched over with his hands on his knees makes a face just like MJ's... its pretty cool

MoSpur
02-17-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm getting inspired already. I think I am going to watch some old video of Jordan I have at home tonight.

romsey31
02-17-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm getting inspired already. I think I am going to watch some old video of Jordan I have at home tonight.
Im glad you guys like it....im taking a beating on the Indy site for posting about it :lol I guess some of us havent gotten over the heartbreaks he caused us Indy fans...

nkdlunch
02-17-2006, 11:07 AM
I like it

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-17-2006, 12:39 PM
I thought it was a nice tribute to the man who started the game of basketball on a downward decline from a team sport to a game in which every kid on every court in every town and city now wants to showboat for the camera and create their own highlight reel one-on-five shot rather than make the extra pass, set the hard pick or find the open man.

Actually it was a good commercial.

tlongII
02-17-2006, 12:47 PM
I thought it was a nice tribute to the man who started the game of basketball on a downward decline from a team sport to a game in which every kid on every court in every town and city now wants to showboat for the camera and create their own highlight reel one-on-five shot rather than make the extra pass, set the hard pick or find the open man.

MJ seems to get blamed for that a lot, but the interesting thing is that he was the ultimate team player.

MoSpur
02-17-2006, 12:52 PM

I disagree with this except for the "actually it was a good commercial" part. MJ made you remember guys like John Paxson, Steve Kerr, Scottie Pipppen, BJ Armstrong and etc.

pseudofan
02-17-2006, 01:08 PM
MJ :rolleyes

Never a big fan of his. Sure he had great abilities, but almost everytime he made a "spectacular" shot, it was because he pushed off on someone.... :rolleyes He's a cheater.

Why is he still making commercials? Because he can? What's the commercial for anyway? Basketball shoes? Shit, do they come with Centrum Silver now? That's what he should be doing commercials for.

pache100
02-17-2006, 01:16 PM
The McDonalds "H.O.R.S.E" commercials with Larry Bird.

Those will always be the best.

I'm lovin' it.

http://i1.tinypic.com/nyfech.gif

But, I liked the underwear ones, too, where the women were guessing "boxers or briefs". He has a very expressive face.

E20
02-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Micheal is hella fucking sick. I wish I was like Mike.

myhc
02-17-2006, 07:21 PM
where can i find it on the net?

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-17-2006, 07:26 PM
MJ seems to get blamed for that a lot, but the interesting thing is that he was the ultimate team player.

Michael was the greatest basketball player in the history of the game, bar none.

My previous post was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I do, however, think that the way the NBA was marketed after MJ's emergence did change the game forever.

And you're right, he was a great team player and he had 6 rings to prove it. Kobe's proving right now that even the greatest individual players need to be great team players in order to win.

ALVAREZ6
02-17-2006, 08:28 PM
I just saw the commercial, it's great!

Guru of Nothing
02-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Michael was the greatest basketball player in the history of the game, bar none.

Love him or hate him, Magic Johnson gets my vote as the best to ever play the game.

It's not even close ... Not that I really know anything.