PDA

View Full Version : Bryant Gumble "Keeping it Real" on HBO Sports

Oh, Gee!!
02-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Apparently, BG is a little upset because the IOC is trying to keep the brothas down.

So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world's greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention.

Read the full story: http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48879

Nbadan
02-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Yeah, the right wing media has been echoing this story. See the white-man's burden. The reverse discrimination going on here? What a Joke.

gtownspur
02-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Bryant Gumbel is a MSM icon. What he said was inflammatory, and takes credibility away from him.

WHat he said was really assinine, ignorant and bigoted. If Brit Hume said something of the same thing, you'd be the one to post it here first.

This should offend both liberal and conservative.

boutons_
02-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Chris Rock has a great joke about blacks taking over the NHL, too, as soon as the rinks get enough heat. :lol He said LeBron will be wacking the puck with his dick. :lol

gtownspur
02-17-2006, 12:36 PM
^Chris Rock is a comedian, a funny one at that.

Bryant Gumbel is not. What he said was idiotic.

"It's a free country" comeback

in

Nbadan
02-17-2006, 12:41 PM
What Gumble said was stupid, but then again, so are some of the American snow-borders.

Oh, Gee!!
02-17-2006, 12:44 PM
How come there's no Mexicans in the winter olympics?

gtownspur
02-17-2006, 12:45 PM
There's no snow in Mexico?

gtownspur
02-17-2006, 12:51 PM
What Gumble said was stupid, but then again, so are some of the American snow-borders.

And some how, that makes BG's words less inflammatory. And why do all the dumb snow boarders have to be american? Do you have that much spite. Bet if you found one of the boarders were liberal according to you his IQ would skyrocket.

ChumpDumper
02-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Those curlers are without a doubt the world's greatest athletes.

implacable44
02-17-2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah, the right wing media has been echoing this story. See the white-man's burden. The reverse discrimination going on here? What a Joke.

as opposed to that team from argentina with no blacks on it that won the gold ?

Bryant Gumbie has been a liberal leftist mouthpiece since birth. He has made some of the most ignorant comments on air to support and promote his bias, distorted point of view. He is an extreme leftist and lets it be known in his "reporting". I remember that right wing talk show host guy -- little known dude - I can't even remember his name - RUSH - yeah Rush - made a similar comment and he got ........................ FIRED. Gumbie deserves the same -- but then he has made similar comments in the past and is still on the air. Nothing will come of this but boy had it been O'reilly - Hume -- Hannity -- heads would be rolling.

gtownspur
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM

Bryant Gumbie has been a liberal leftist mouthpiece since birth. He has made some of the most ignorant comments on air to support and promote his bias, distorted point of view. He is an extreme leftist and lets it be known in his "reporting". I remember that right wing talk show host guy -- little known dude - I can't even remember his name - RUSH - yeah Rush - made a similar comment and he got ........................ FIRED. Gumbie deserves the same -- but then he has made similar comments in the past and is still on the air. Nothing will come of this but boy had it been O'reilly - Hume -- Hannity -- heads would be rolling.

Typical Liberal "change the subject" quip: "But those ice skaters, they're way too skinny."

SpursWoman
02-17-2006, 03:51 PM

Okay, so I'll take the ferociously politically (and humanly?) incorrect bait.....

Because all of the ones that can run, jump or swim are already here. :drunk

Ocotillo
02-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Gumbel is in obscurity now. His only chance for press is to make stupid statements ala Pat Robertson.

Oh, Gee!!
02-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Okay, so I'll take the ferociously politically (and humanly?) incorrect bait.....

Because all of the ones that can run, jump or swim are already here. :drunk

crap, I had a funny animated gif of a black kid saying "That's racist!" as a response. Just imagine it and :lol

xrayzebra
02-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Gumble was being what he always was: an arrogant, big headed, blowhard.
As Clint would say, a legend in his own mine.

smeagol
02-17-2006, 05:26 PM
And no Argentines?

Fuck, we are such great skiers . . .

smeagol
02-17-2006, 05:27 PM

No blacks in Argentina because there was little slave trade south of Brazil.

Also, Argentina abolished slavery in 1813, way before most of the rest of the World (at least something I can be proud of my country)

boutons_
02-18-2006, 01:21 PM
February 18, 2006

American Davis Makes History at Speedskating Oval
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

TURIN, Italy (AP) -- Shani Davis knew what he was doing.

Davis became the first black to win an individual gold medal in Winter Olympic history on Saturday, capturing the men's 1,000-meter speedskating race. Joey Cheek made it a 1-2 American finish, adding a silver to his victory in the 500.

Erben Wennemars of the Netherlands captured the bronze.

Chad Hedrick, skating the weakest of his individual events, put up an early time that stood until Davis bested it in the 19th of 21 pairs with a time of 1 minute, 8.89 seconds.

Four other skaters passed Hedrick as well, leaving the Texan in sixth place -- still an impressive showing considering he was skating the 1,000 for only the seventh time in his career.

Davis came under scrutiny for skipping the team pursuit -- especially when the Hedrick-led squad was knocked out in the quarterfinals, doomed by a slow skater who might not have been on the ice if Davis was available.

But Davis, world record holder in the 1,000, wanted to focus on his signature event. It certainly paid off.

disruptivehair
02-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Gumble is full of shit. I guess it didn't occur to him that most of the countries that send athletes to the Winter Olympics...Norway, Germany, France, Italy, Canada, etc. don't have large black populations.

Also, as Sean Hannity said on Hannity & Colmes...if John Madden had said that the Super Bowl looked like an NAACP convention, his ass would be fired. So there's a double standard operating here.

And I voted Democrat in 2000. :-)

ChumpDumper
02-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Leno asked Samuel L. Jackson if he skis.

His answer: "No, I'm black."

disruptivehair
02-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Leno asked Samuel L. Jackson if he skis.

His answer: "No, I'm black."

HAHAHAHAHAHA

:fro

Nbadan
02-19-2006, 02:52 AM
Also, as Sean Hannity said on Hannity & Colmes...if John Madden had said that the Super Bowl looked like an NAACP convention, his ass would be fired. So there's a double standard operating here.

It's cable TV, not public television. Gumble is a dumbass, but as long as he's not directly slandering anyone, not actively supporting domestic anarchy, or irreprehensible foul-mouthed, he has a right to his opinion, and we have the right to change the channel.

disruptivehair
02-19-2006, 04:01 AM
It's cable TV, not public television. Gumble is a dumbass, but as long as he's not directly slandering anyone, not actively supporting domestic anarchy, or irreprehensible foul-mouthed, he has a right to his opinion, and we have the right to change the channel.

Sure, he has a right to his opinion; but I think there is a double standard operating here.

I also have the right to think that Bryant Gumble is a dumbass. :spin

Nbadan
02-19-2006, 04:05 AM
Sure, he has a right to his opinion; but I think there is a double standard operating here.

I also have the right to think that Bryant Gumble is a dumbass. :spin

And you'd be right. :lol

Gumble is trying to be more edgy, like Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle.

disruptivehair
02-19-2006, 04:06 AM
And you'd be right. :lol

Gumble is trying to be more edgy, like Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle.

Maybe he should just stick to what he knows...'news' and inane chatter with his co-hosts.

hussker
02-19-2006, 11:08 AM
This just in...No Black NASCAR drivers. Damn Racists!

Oh, Gee!!
02-20-2006, 11:16 AM
And some how, that makes BG's words less inflammatory. And why do all the dumb snow boarders have to be american? Do you have that much spite. Bet if you found one of the boarders were liberal according to you his IQ would skyrocket.

He's probably referring to that worthless douche, Bode Miller, who has won exactly zero fucking medals as well as that stupid bitch who fell down while showboating before she actually crossed the finished line.

xrayzebra
02-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Well OG, Spike Lee is now mad at Hollywood cause they haven't got any
Black Executives. According to Spike all the blacks in Hollywood just work
security at the entrance to the studios.

Oh, Gee!!
02-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Well OG, Spike Lee is now mad at Hollywood cause they haven't got any
Black Executives. According to Spike all the blacks in Hollywood just work
security at the entrance to the studios.

well, Hollyweird is Spike's business, so I guess he knows better than you or I do on the subject.

Sec24Row7
02-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Blacks are 10% of the fucking population.

They do not deserve 75% of the jobs.

implacable44
02-20-2006, 01:39 PM
No blacks in Argentina because there was little slave trade south of Brazil.

Also, Argentina abolished slavery in 1813, way before most of the rest of the World (at least something I can be proud of my country)

true true - there arent many blacks down there - I spent 2 years in Chile / argentina up in the andes mountains. Needless to say - there is plenty of racism down there just like in the US -- I dont care when they abolished it.

Clandestino
02-21-2006, 11:00 AM
RE: Mexicans and snow..

I was in the Army and some General was making a visit to our place or duty. You know how it is, he walks around with an entourage of like 30 colonels kissing his ass and he shakes hands with the troops, occasionally asking little questions. He gets to me and asks if I've been skiing lately. First thing out of my mouth is "Mexicans don't ski...." The colonels eyes pop wide open, but he laughs his ass off.

Darrin
02-21-2006, 12:48 PM
This is perhaps the stupidest controversy I have ever seen...We are spending way too much time on this.

Spurminator
02-21-2006, 02:43 PM

Isn't this pretty similar to Rush Limbaugh's comments about Donovan McNabb?

I don't listen to Rush, but I'm guessing he's having a field day with this... Not that it's that pressing of an issue.

Oh, Gee!!
02-21-2006, 02:50 PM
We are spending way too much time

it's what we do best here at spurstalk.

Mr. Peabody
02-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Blacks are 10% of the fucking population.

They do not deserve 75% of the jobs.

Right, because that's exactly what is happening.

They are getting 75% of the jobs.

It's amazing. When I meet with executives from huge corporations, 75% of them are Black. How does that happen?

Sec24Row7
02-21-2006, 04:21 PM
How does a cartoon dog post on a message board?

Mr. Peabody
02-21-2006, 04:46 PM
How does a cartoon dog post on a message board?

Probably much the same way a closet bigot does.

Sec24Row7
02-21-2006, 05:03 PM
Oh, I'm not in the closet. I'm an honest to goodness bigot. There are very, very, very few people who aren't.

implacable44
02-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Oh, I'm not in the closet. I'm an honest to goodness bigot. There are very, very, very few people who aren't.

true --- true -- just about everyone suffers from some degree of ethnocentric behavior

Oh, Gee!!
02-21-2006, 05:34 PM
true --- true -- just about everyone suffers from some degree of ethnocentric behavior

perhaps, but you're on the far end of the spectrum.

implacable44
02-21-2006, 05:39 PM
perhaps, but you're on the far end of the spectrum.

oh thanks for classifying me - but I am on the far end of who's spectrum -- and it is better than being on the wrong end of the rectum right ?

Oh Gee - the racist, judgmental guy calling out others. Be careful of that beam brother - it stings.

Mr. Peabody
02-21-2006, 06:20 PM
it is better than being on the wrong end of the rectum right ?

Yeah...? :wtf

Peter
02-21-2006, 06:26 PM
Isn't this pretty similar to Rush Limbaugh's comments about Donovan McNabb?

I don't listen to Rush, but I'm guessing he's having a field day with this... Not that it's that pressing of an issue.

From what I recall, Limbaugh's statement was that the sports media overrated McNabb because he was black.

Gumbel's statement seems to be that the Olympics are overrated (by the media) because there aren't many black athletes participating.

Seems pretty close to me on the hot button racial media controversy of the moment scale.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2006, 06:30 PM
But HBO encourages and rewards controversy.

Disney doesn't.

Where is Bill Maher again?

Phenomanul
02-21-2006, 06:56 PM

I believe both of Derek Parra's parents are Mexican.

Nbadan
02-21-2006, 07:36 PM

Disney doesn't.

Good point, also it's not like Gumble has a left-wing radio show that pushes the boundries of class selection everyday like Rush.

gtownspur
02-22-2006, 12:09 AM
No, you're right. Gumbel has a news hour show in which he pushes the boundaries everyday.

Darrin
02-22-2006, 02:44 AM

Disney doesn't.

Disney doesn't like its image to take a hit, that's why they hate controversy. If no one had been up in arms over Limbaugh's or Maher's comments, they would still have jobs with the company. Disney likes to see successful ratings, and they think that kind of controversy threatens their bottom line. If no one says anything, it's just considered "good television."

BTW, the parent company of HBO is AOL Time Warner, the same people who won all the CNN networks, Court TV, the WB network, all the Turner Networks (AMC, TCM, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network) New Line Cinema, Castle Rock, Telepictures, Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Warner Books, Little, Brown and Company, AOL, Compuserve, Netscape, part of Amazon.com, and the Atlanta Braves.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2006, 02:50 AM
BTW, the parent company of HBO is AOL Time Warner, the same people who won all the CNN networks, Court TV, the WB network, all the Turner Networks (AMC, TCM, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network) New Line Cinema, Castle Rock, Telepictures, Hanna-Barbera Cartoons, Warner Books, Little, Brown and Company, AOL, Compuserve, Netscape, part of Amazon.com, and the Atlanta Braves.No shit.

Guess who's on AOL's home page right now?

Darrin
02-22-2006, 03:08 AM
No shit.

Guess who's on AOL's home page right now?

Umm...Chipper Jones?

ChumpDumper
02-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Simon Cowell.