PDA

View Full Version : Should Reggie get a statue?

romsey31
02-17-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm sorry for posting this on the Spurs board seeing that it has nothing to do with the Spurs team but I wanted some opinions other than Pacer fans of which 99 out of 100 would say ofcourse he does. Reason for asking this question is because you guys had the admiral for a very long time. So I think you guys can understand the way we feel about Reggie Miller even though he didnt win it all for us.

Dunc
02-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Where would you put it? My vote is right outside Spike Lee's house :D

ShoogarBear
02-17-2006, 02:41 PM
LOL.

I always find statues of living people to be a very strange concept. Statues of athletes even stranger.

ChumpDumper
02-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Yeah, those are creepy.

Maybe a giant bobblehead.

Despot
02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Spurs Fan in me: Hell no! How many rings did he win??

Basketball fan in me: Of course, Reggie was one of a kind, from his desire for the game, work ethic, being clutch, and so much more. He was one of only a few players that actually made any game worth watching.

TNT basketball fan in me: Reggie, your stinkin' it up. It's a good thing you were a hall of fame player, because you sure aren't getting in there as a member of the media.

SequSpur
02-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Reggie Miller is overrated.

I don't think they can make a statue with crooked teeth.

Mixability
02-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Reggie Miller is overrated.

I don't think they can make a statue with crooked teeth.

:tu

:lol

again, how many rings did he get ya'll?

We haven't even considered a DRob statue, now that guy deserves one!

Slinkyman
02-17-2006, 02:48 PM
What's wrong with just retiring his number?

also, i doubt Miller had as much as an impact as Drob in the community!

Dunc
02-17-2006, 02:49 PM
I appreciate Reggie for, among other things, being Rip's role model on how to move without the ball. That is on of the primary things responsible for taking what was just a very good shooter and turning him into a fantastic baller.

Dunc
02-17-2006, 02:49 PM
For that matter, let's give Rip Hamilton a statue. He does have a ring, after all...

ShoogarBear
02-17-2006, 02:52 PM
So does Mengke Bateer. Now THAT would be a statue.

(And would have just as much mobility.)

cheguevara
02-17-2006, 02:59 PM
just put a mask of this guy on a tree and you got a reggie miller statue:
http://williamcraigcook.com/startrek/Bon%20Seducing%20Farengi%20Small.jpg

Mixability
02-17-2006, 03:01 PM
his sister deserves a statue more than he does.

Dunc
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
his sister deserves a statue more than he does.

Yeah, I was just thinking that. Cheryl's awesome. Lol.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
02-17-2006, 03:30 PM
ehhh, a statue might be too much.

101A
02-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Reggie is definitely HOF, Jersey Retired, etc...but some day Pacer fan will have a player that transcends it all & brings you rings; THAT player is the one you should have statue disussions about - and his would make Reggie's look silly at that point.

Like the man said, there have been no discussions of David gettin' a statue, and accomplishment-wise (Scoring Title, MVP, 2 rings) he has it all over Reggie. I can't imagine, in fact, anybody wanting to put a statue of Tim up - and he IS that guy who brought us rings.

MJ is the only player that it really made some sense, I guess

Mixability
02-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Reggie is definitely HOF, Jersey Retired, etc...but some day Pacer fan will have a player that transcends it all & brings you rings; THAT player is the one you should have statue disussions about - and his would make Reggie's look silly at that point.

Like the man said, there have been no discussions of David gettin' a statue, and accomplishment-wise (Scoring Title, MVP, 2 rings) he has it all over Reggie. I can't imagine, in fact, anybody wanting to put a statue of Tim up - and he IS that guy who brought us rings.

MJ is the only player that it really made some sense, I guess

Even that Magic statue is overdoin' it.

GoSpurs21
02-17-2006, 04:48 PM
I thought there already was a statue of Reggie in the Furengy wing at the Geek (I mean Star Trek) Hall O Fame

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-17-2006, 04:51 PM
If they build Reggie a statue the display should include a statue of Spike Lee weeping.

Spurminator
02-17-2006, 04:56 PM

Excellent point.

As much as Reggie has meant to the Pacers franchise, I think a statue says "There will never be another Pacer on this level."

shelshor
02-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I was just thinking that. Cheryl's awesome. Lol.

She did teach him how to play

ShoogarBear
02-17-2006, 04:59 PM
...but some day Pacer fan will have a player that transcends it all & brings you rings; THAT player is the one you should have statue disussions about - and his would make Reggie's look silly at that point.

They've already had that player:

http://www.remembertheaba.com/TributeMaterial/DanielsDunkGilmoreClose.jpg

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-17-2006, 05:06 PM
What about a statue for Ron Artest? He transcended too. When he was playing for the Pacers some of his most important work happened off of the court, in some cases only about 50 feet off of it.