PDA

View Full Version : PG: Tinsley or Anderson??

God31
10-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Sean Deveney reports in this weeks issue of Sporting News Magazine that Pacers biggest battle in camp is at point guard between Kenny Anderson and Jamaal Tinsley. He says that Carlisle wants his point guard to have a perimeter shot and Tinsley is stuggling with his shot, and Deveney says, maybe not by opening day, but during some point during the season, Anderson will over take Tinsley as the starter because he can make 15-footers consistently and works better in a stuctured offense.

We'll just have to see. If Tinsley gets demoted to bench, we will definetly need to look for a PG in the summer. I heard Jamal Crawford will be available as a free agent from the Bulls.

Thoughts?

I'd personally want Tinsley starting.

Pooh
10-24-2003, 04:11 AM
Well for the time being, Tins has looked great. Losing that weight in the off-season, has helped him big time. Anderson has been hurt during the pre-season, so it's hard to get a good indication of who should be the point guard. But for the time being...Tins.

pacersrule03
10-24-2003, 06:09 PM
Let Tins start the start of the season. I think if he is the starter he will improve greatly. Anderson is most effective off the bench these days anyways.

Pooh
10-24-2003, 06:40 PM
Tins should be the starter regardless. Anderson hasn't played any this pre-season, so that's mute. I think it's Tins now until he screws up.