PDA

View Full Version : Chad Pennington: Not Willing to Take Pay Cut

Horry For 3!
02-18-2006, 03:46 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-hadenningtonotilling&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

Update: Pennington's (shoulder) agent has rejected the Jets' proposal to slash the injured quarterback's base salary for 2006 to $1 million and force him to earn the remaining $8 million he is owed through incentives, Newsday reports.

Recommendation: Negotiations seem to be growing more heated between Pennington and the Jets. We will keep updating the situation as it nears the March 3 deadline for the Jets to determine if they can live with his contract, negotiate a cap reduction or release him.

Horry For 3!
02-18-2006, 03:47 PM
I wonder what the Jets will do? I bet they would get rid of him if they have to.

koopa
02-18-2006, 04:06 PM
might as well cut noddle arm and start looking at the future. damn this team now needs a qb and a running back to groom, they'll probably need a wr, a tight end. they might as well just shut down the franchise cause they gonna be picking in the top 5 for a few more years

Supreme Allah
02-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Could we see 3 QB's taken consecutively in this years draft?

Duff McCartney
02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Pennington is the man and he was the shit when he was at Marshall. It's a shame he's been plagued by injuries throughout his career.

I'd love for the Cowboys to pick him up...provided he has a healthy arm.

Peter
02-22-2006, 12:08 PM
So he can go from being unreliable for one of my favorite teams to being so for the other?

Pennington's got a glass arm. It's a fucking shame.