PDA

View Full Version : Skills Challenge

ShoogarBear
02-19-2006, 12:04 AM
No thread on this one yet.

Kinda shocking to see Nash sucking that badly, especialy on his shot.

Even if he was on, though, he probably wasn't going to beat Wade.

I like the Skills Challenge, but would like to see them add some more stuff to it. Like maybe a bounce pass running at full speed.

Kori Ellis
02-19-2006, 12:07 AM
The weirdest thing in that competition was that LeBron could barely dribble. :wtf

ALVAREZ6
02-19-2006, 12:09 AM
The weirdest thing in that competition was that LeBron could barely dribble. :wtf
He carried and travelled with the ball.

Dwayne Wade was great in the final round.

E20
02-19-2006, 12:10 AM
His hands are so big it's equivalent to me bouncing a tennis ball and trying to go in-bewteen cones.

Brutalis
02-19-2006, 12:10 AM
The skills challenge has to be the most boring event now.

Kori Ellis
02-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Well it doesn't help that there's barely any crowd there during this competition. Last year in Denver it was like an empty arena during the Skills Challenge and Shooting Stars contest.

ShoogarBear
02-19-2006, 12:16 AM
His hands are so big it's equivalent to me bouncing a tennis ball and trying to go in-bewteen cones.
Yeah, I think the spacing between the cones has something to do with it.

The Skills Challenge is never going to be super-exiciting, but should always be a good change of pace.

Another interesting thing would be if they mixed in a couple of different kinds of shots you had to hit, i.e., hook shot, bank shot from the wing, etc.

FreshPrince22
02-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Wade just has something about him. I knew he was going to pull something out. Figures he'd throw a perfect run. He's got that swagger that you don't see from anyone not named Kobe in the league.

Lebron was nervous as hell. He looked like he was running through quicksand. Don't blame the cone spacing entirely. I've seen him weave in and out much quicker than that. He just doesn't like being out there by himself with the pressure on. I can only imagine what would happen if he went into the dunk contest.

E20
02-19-2006, 12:26 AM
It was more like his hands were too big.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-19-2006, 12:38 AM
I felt bad for Paul. I guess it's rookie hazing to make them go first :lol

T Park
02-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Skills Challenge, ranks up there with me as high as the 3 point shootout.

3 point shootout will always be my fave.

Chuck Person that one year totally blowing representing the Spurs was hilarious.

Despot
02-19-2006, 02:35 AM
The skills challenge has to be the most boring event now.

Somewhat, but I do think that it has alot of potential.

I can see them putting centers in there next year. (/sarcasm)