PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili voted (Eurobasket) MVP of Olympic Tournament

Solid D
08-29-2004, 01:42 AM
www.eurobasket.com/events/ol/04/ol04.asp (http://www.eurobasket.com/events/ol/04/ol04.asp)

Ginobili voted MVP of the Olympic Tournament - Aug 28, 2004 - by Eurobasket

http://www.eurobasket.com/AcPhotos_Players/Ginobili_Emanuel.jpg

Emanuel Ginobili (198-G-77, agency: Interperformances) was voted as the Most Valuable Player of the Olympic Basketball Tournament of ATHENS 2004 Olympic Games.

The other players, who received votes were: Luis Scola (206-F/C-80) (ARG), Pau Gasol (214-F-80) (ESP), Giacomo Galanda (211-F/C-75) (ITA), Walter Herrmann (207-F-79) (ARG), Ruben Wolkowyski (206-C-73) (ARG) and Alejandro Montecchia (180-G-72, agency: Interperformances) (ARG).

Tony Le Parker
08-29-2004, 01:54 AM
This means about as much as...... nothing. The Euroleague and all the press associated with it strikes me as a retarded comic-book-guy clique that can't win so they change the rules to favor what they're good at, shooting 3's and being slow. They made Tim a stooge of their stupid clique-ruled tourney in a lame attempt to say to the world, "Look he's not as good as you guys think". Manu is good, but in no way, in a fair fight, is he ever an mvp over most of the NBA stars. Someone explain the history of basketball to me. How is it the US invented the game,and Im guessing the NBA is the instantiation of that creation, h did the Euros create their form of basketball and why does it vary so much from the NBA? It would be like if the US took the world version of futbol and started monkeying around with it til it suited our advantages.

E20
08-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Manu and Scola are studs!:smokin2 :smokin 2:smokin2 :smokin 2
http://supergino.com/images/otherteams/ot112.jpg

http://supergino.com/images/otherteams/ot87.jpg

Alamo Spurs Fan
08-29-2004, 02:15 AM
Good LORD those are hideous pics...

timvp
08-29-2004, 02:19 AM
This means about as much as...... nothing. The Euroleague and all the press associated with it strikes me as a retarded comic-book-guy clique that can't win so they change the rules to favor what they're good at, shooting 3's and being slow. They made Tim a stooge of their stupid clique-ruled tourney in a lame attempt to say to the world, "Look he's not as good as you guys think". Manu is good, but in no way, in a fair fight, is he ever an mvp over most of the NBA stars. Someone explain the history of basketball to me. How is it the US invented the game,and Im guessing the NBA is the instantiation of that creation, h did the Euros create their form of basketball and why does it vary so much from the NBA? It would be like if the US took the world version of futbol and started monkeying around with it til it suited our advantages.

I thought the Olympics were great and there was nothing wrong with it. Make up your mind.

:sleep

WriterNum934
08-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Um... those rules are FIBA. Not NBA. This isn't the NBA, so get over it. The rules suck... if you're an NBA watcher and a NBA fan and are used to NBA way of doing things.

But FIBA rules are closer to college rules than anything.

Quit bitching, Manu was the star of Olympic basketball and we should be happy for him.

Tony Le Parker
08-29-2004, 02:36 AM
Doug Collins made it clear today, running is running, swimming is swimming, even gymnastics is gymnastics, but basketball is not basketball. Saying the Olympics is great, because I don't bitch about doping, which seems to be regulated fine ( Clean athletes don't seem to complain ), or argue that only some gender sports are "real" olympic sports, is true. The discrepancy between complaining about a sport not being standardized ( and possibly a derivative of the original for impure reasons ) and not finding fault with the Olympics, its competition and its spirit is crystal clear to me, maybe you should give it some thought.

SAmikeyp
08-29-2004, 02:38 AM
Congrats, Manu. Now go get some rest!

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-29-2004, 02:41 AM
Doug Collins is generally a moron. He's smarter than Stephen A. Smith, but that's not saying much.

timvp
08-29-2004, 02:44 AM
They made Tim a stooge of their stupid clique-ruled tourney in a lame attempt to say to the world, "Look he's not as good as you guys think".

I said that the Olympics is full of doped up athletes and is run by an organization with hidden agendas. It's a corrupt concept (SLC was just the tip of the iceberg) and is far from being pure.

With the above quote, it looks like you are starting to see the light.

SAmikeyp
08-29-2004, 02:45 AM
The Olympics aren't a big deal.

Sincerely,
USA Basketball.

Tony Le Parker
08-29-2004, 02:52 AM
Maybe so, but I refuse to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Slomo15
08-29-2004, 06:04 AM
They made Tim a stooge of their stupid clique-ruled tourney in a lame attempt to say to the world, "Look he's not as good as you guys think"

You guys are getting more paranoid by the minute!

Tha Olympics are not an international plot to humiliate the USA and a huge prank to make fun of Tim Duncan.

Actually if any of you guys heard any of the euro commentators of the basketball games you would have been embarasssed about how much respect they were showing TD! At time it sounded almost as they were trying to outdo each other explaining to anybody listening how good a player and how nice a person Tim is (nothing wrong with that but I just felt there was too much of it).

And because of some crazy TV schedule I've watched the games on many different national TV channels, not one commentator ever made a fun or derogatory comment about Tim. There were some comments about other players but none as bad as what I've read on this forum :lol

P.S. And commentators were complimenting the SA Spurs as a model franchise saying that they were responsible for raising the level of the games with their players - now how insulting is that?

Walton Buys Off Me
08-29-2004, 03:55 PM
How is it the US invented the game

News to me.......and anyone with a positive IQ.

E20
08-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Basketball is a candian sport. :smokin2