PDA

View Full Version : Francis Trade Talks Ongoing

Kori Ellis
02-19-2006, 04:17 AM
http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060219/SPORTS/602190341/1002/SPORTS

John Denton
Florida Today

ORLANDO - Orlando Magic assistant general manager Otis Smith said Saturday that while he's continuing trade talks involving point guard Steve Francis he's had no contact with the Los Angeles Lakers about a potential deal for Lamar Odom.

Smith said his efforts to move Francis are simply about being bettering a Magic team that limped into the NBA All-Star break at 19-32. Orlando lost six in a row before the break and 10 of 11.

Francis, who was suspended by the Magic in January for insubordination, has been mired in a deep offensive funk since trade rumors involving his name surfaced two weeks ago. Francis admitted that he was bothered by the talks, and said little would likely change until the Feb. 23 trade deadline comes and goes.

New York and Denver are the most prominent teams rumored to have interest in Francis. Rumors surfaced recently that the Lakers might be willing to deal Odom for the Magic guard.

"I'm still talking and looking into things every day, trying to make our team better," Smith said. "I can't say that we're close to anything right now. We'll keep working."

Smith said there are no issues between Francis and head coach Brian Hill that would necessitate a trade being made. Added Smith: "This isn't a Brian and Steve thing; it's a team thing. We're 19-32 and it's my job to do whatever I can to make this team better

j-6
02-19-2006, 05:23 AM
Dearest Cat,

I'm now only a mere 338 miles from reuniting with you! It's not Sacto yet, but we at last can now bloom in the same field! By the way, send dear old Lamar a fresh garden rose bouquet once he sends over his Disney parking pass, pretty please? Or will mine from Orlando work in Anaheim? I know you two were old Rams (tee, hee) and all at Rhode Island, so maybe you can butt heads and figure it out.

No worries. Once that queen Pat Williams signs off, I'll be on a plane straight (hee, hee) to the Golden State!

Your dashing Terrapin,

Franchise

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060219/SPORTS/602190341/1002/SPORTS

John Denton
Florida Today

ORLANDO - Orlando Magic assistant general manager Otis Smith said Saturday that while he's continuing trade talks involving point guard Steve Francis he's had no contact with the Los Angeles Lakers about a potential deal for Lamar Odom.

Smith said his efforts to move Francis are simply about being bettering a Magic team that limped into the NBA All-Star break at 19-32. Orlando lost six in a row before the break and 10 of 11.

Francis, who was suspended by the Magic in January for insubordination, has been mired in a deep offensive funk since trade rumors involving his name surfaced two weeks ago. Francis admitted that he was bothered by the talks, and said little would likely change until the Feb. 23 trade deadline comes and goes.

New York and Denver are the most prominent teams rumored to have interest in Francis. Rumors surfaced recently that the Lakers might be willing to deal Odom for the Magic guard.

"I'm still talking and looking into things every day, trying to make our team better," Smith said. "I can't say that we're close to anything right now. We'll keep working."

Smith said there are no issues between Francis and head coach Brian Hill that would necessitate a trade being made. Added Smith: "This isn't a Brian and Steve thing; it's a team thing. We're 19-32 and it's my job to do whatever I can to make this team better

jochhejaam
02-19-2006, 08:46 AM
New York and Denver are the most prominent teams rumored to have interest in Francis
It's almost a given these days that New York is mentioned as a possible suitor for aquiring a big name player that some team is trying to unload.

Marbury for Francis?