PDA

View Full Version : Avery Johnson

Duncanoypi
02-19-2006, 10:43 AM
He's so funny in west practise...hes teasing T-Mac when he missed a shot "Hey T-mac, how come you didn't missed a shot when you play with us :lol Whats ur average against us?45? We know Kobe average 55. :lol "

He said hhe will play 4 seven footers for 2 minutes.KG will be the PG, Pao in 3, tim in 4 and Yao in 5. That's cool!.... :fro "We'll be posting chauncey" :lol

ZStomp
02-19-2006, 11:42 AM
that is funny. can't wait

leemajors
02-19-2006, 11:43 AM
he was really getting the crowd involved in the practice, it was great. the "tim duncan drill" was funny too.

themvp
02-19-2006, 11:46 AM
the "tim duncan drill" was funny too.

and what is that?

Marklar MM
02-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Is this on NBATV

caŽlo
02-19-2006, 12:36 PM
hey im curious whats the td drill? :)

ShoogarBear
02-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Mid-range bank shots. AJ had a drill where all the All-Stars had to hit them.

Duncanoypi
02-19-2006, 02:04 PM
my bad...i think its 5 7-footers...(yah i know Duncan is barely 7)...

KG- PG
Dirk - SG
Pao- SF
Timmy- PF
Yao- Center

mavsfan1000
02-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I hope Avery Johnson calls a timeout in the first 30 seconds and than subs in with this lineup for the rest of the game.
C Duncan
PF Marion
SF Mcgrady
SG Parker
PG Nash

Vashner
02-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Would be funny if they put him in like a generals uniform :)

FromWayDowntown
02-19-2006, 03:03 PM
I'll be shocked if Tim plays more than 20 minutes.

Vashner
02-19-2006, 03:18 PM
I have never seen him so happy or relaxed at an All star game. Maybe because it's in Htown and close to home...

leemajors
02-19-2006, 03:47 PM
they were doing competitive shooting drills 1st team vs 2nd, and avery yelled it was time for the tim duncan drill. it was pretty funny

T-Pain
02-19-2006, 05:36 PM
He's so funny in west practise...hes teasing T-Mac when he missed a shot "Hey T-mac, how come you didn't missed a shot when you play with us :lol Whats ur average against us?45? We know Kobe average 55. :lol "

He said hhe will play 4 seven footers for 2 minutes.KG will be the PG, Pao in 3, tim in 4 and Yao in 5. That's cool!.... :fro "We'll be posting chauncey" :lol

i miss avery. i wonder how it felt to tim that a former teamate of his is now coaching him

ducks
02-19-2006, 06:39 PM
This Is The Only Way Aj Could Ever Go To A All Star Game

Cant_Be_Faded
02-19-2006, 11:53 PM
he might as well played the seven footers

avery got owned tonight

mavsfan1000
02-20-2006, 12:03 AM
Well Flip played 4 pistons players which I don't think is fair since they played together for so long. They were clicking and the west didn't know how to play with each other which was the difference.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2006, 12:14 AM
Tmac said Avery's whole game plan was to get TMac MVP. It didn't have anything to do with the Pistons, that was a dumbass game plan and your chump cajun coach got owned with it.

Old School Chic
02-20-2006, 12:16 AM
Tmac said Avery's whole game plan was to get TMac MVP. It didn't have anything to do with the Pistons, that was a dumbass game plan and your chump cajun coach got owned with it.

:lol

mavsfan1000
02-20-2006, 12:19 AM
I wish I had a ban button. You would be first on my list. :lol

FreshPrince22
02-20-2006, 12:19 AM
Face it Mavsfan, Avery just got owned by Flip :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2006, 12:29 AM
I wish I had a ban button. You would be first on my list.

I wish I had a ban button for coaches. Then the West wouldn't have blown a 20 point lead while your ragin' cajun whored away the lead to get Tmac MVP.

mavsfan1000
02-20-2006, 12:30 AM
I guess Avery doesn't put as much effort as Flip on all star games. It was about making T-Mac the MVP which is honorable considering it was in Houston and Mcgrady having personal problems. If Avery really wanted to win this game he could've but it would more of team play that would do it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2006, 12:34 AM
You can get a guy MVP without excluding the rest of the team from the offense to the point that they can't hit a jumper for an entire quarter.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2006, 12:37 AM
I guess Avery doesn't put as much effort as Flip on all star games.What effort? He just ran four of his guys and shut the west down. Even told everyone he would do it. How hard was that?

mavsfan1000
02-20-2006, 12:38 AM
Well Avery admit that he used this time to rest up and that the all-star game wasn't on his priority like losing sleep over it. Who the fuck cares except you who freaked out when Dirk got to the second round with a late money ball at the end.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2006, 12:39 AM
You've got to realize, I could give a damn about anything that happened All-Star weekend.

I just think it's funny how easy it is to get under the skin of all you Mavs fans running around on this site crying for respect.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Well Avery admit that he used this time to rest up and that the all-star game wasn't on his priority like losing sleep over it.So Flip said it was the most important game of his life?

Stacis_pistons_rock
02-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Well Avery admit that he used this time to rest up and that the all-star game wasn't on his priority like losing sleep over it. Who the fuck cares except you who freaked out when Dirk got to the second round with a late money ball at the end.
you like making excuses,you sound desperate.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Well Avery admit that he used this time to rest up and that the all-star game wasn't on his priority like losing sleep over it.

I doubt Flip lost any sleep over it. :lol

Avery even pussed out on the 5 seven footers plan. Weak. :td

mavsfan1000
02-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Fuck the all-star game. It means shit to anything in the future. It is fun to watch but seriously do you really care which coach got the best of the other?

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 12:49 AM
Yes. Cuz it's funny.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Fuck the all-star game. It means shit to anything in the future. It is fun to watch but seriously do you really care which coach got the best of the other?

Spoken like a whiny Mavs fan whose coach just got owned with a 20 point lead in his back pocket.

T Park
02-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Cum awwnnnn Tray CEEEE

GET TRAY CEE the dayum bawl.

Teeum, geet the heyll outda wayyyyy.

mavsfan1000
02-20-2006, 12:55 AM
fuck all you bitches that are hating on Avery Johnson. I guess putting him on a different team and you start hating quick. lmao.

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Oh, I love Avery. It's just funny.

T Park
02-20-2006, 01:02 AM
fuck all you bitches that are hating on Avery Johnson.

dont front yo......

lol wtf.

"hatin" on Avery??

Pardon us for pointing out obvious things......

Typical Mavs fan, head in the sand.

Brutalis
02-20-2006, 02:05 AM
fuck all you bitches that are hating on Avery Johnson. I guess putting him on a different team and you start hating quick. lmao.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Hating huh.

Well if anyone hates on him, they have all the right in the world.

-He was a dedicated Spur, played with a lot of heart and finally got his ring in 99'
-He turns around to coach the Mavericks, who take the Spurs like a rival. (in which SA doesn't even consider them one)
-Gives away Pop's playbook, tells everything he knows about SA and blabs and betrays Pop and his personal information. (in which Pop is such a nice guy he is even humble about it)
-Turns around and takes credit for an already good team.

I could go on. He basically screwed the Spurs and I don't miss the guy one bit. No matter how you want to look at it, San Antonio and the coach are "nice guys." They will always stay under the limelight and pretend to not care. I bet you anything Pop inside feels somewhat betrayed with his playbook.

And on top of it all Avery claims to be a "Christian man." :lmao

Nephets
02-20-2006, 03:09 AM
What a loving community.

baseline bum
02-20-2006, 03:39 AM
AJ will always be one of my 5 or so favorite Spurs.

Kori Ellis
02-20-2006, 03:44 AM
-He turns around to coach the Mavericks, who take the Spurs like a rival. (in which SA doesn't even consider them one)
-Gives away Pop's playbook, tells everything he knows about SA and blabs and betrays Pop and his personal information. (in which Pop is such a nice guy he is even humble about it)

:lmao

You know he came to Pop and they talked about it before he went to the Mavericks. And they decided it was the best thing for him because there would eventually be a head coaching job there. If they didn't do that, then he'd be sitting on the Spurs bench as an assistant right now. He's very well loved by the Spurs organization.

What type of personal information did he blab about Pop?

SPARKY
02-20-2006, 04:50 AM
Leave it to Spurs fans to dump on Avery Johnson. Ingrates.

Brutalis
02-20-2006, 05:36 AM
I'm sure he is loved by the Spurs.

But personally I think if he had any respect for them he would get his own playbook and do things his own way instead of trying to mimic the Spurs defense.

Kori Ellis
02-20-2006, 05:48 AM
I'm sure he is loved by the Spurs.

But personally I think if he had any respect for them he would get his own playbook and do things his own way instead of trying to mimic the Spurs defense.

So, you hate Mike Brown, Danny Ferry, and everyone else who left the Spurs system and use the Spurs tactics for coaching, recruiting, and scouting? Or just Avery?

Brutalis
02-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Ferry ain't no good. I like the guy but yeah look at his amazing job he's been doing.

And just Avery. Considering same division, same everything just about. Yeah, just Avery. It's like stealing a 3 year old's candy and hanging it over his head only for him to kick you in the nuts and dropping the candy.

Something like that.

ShoogarBear
02-20-2006, 07:32 AM
Ferry ain't no good. I like the guy but yeah look at his amazing job he's been doing.

And just Avery. Considering same division, same everything just about. Yeah, just Avery. It's like stealing a 3 year old's candy and hanging it over his head only for him to kick you in the nuts and dropping the candy.

Something like that.:wtf

stretchman21
02-20-2006, 11:01 AM
You've got to realize, I could give a damn about anything that happened All-Star weekend.

I just think it's funny how easy it is to get under the skin of all you Mavs fans running around on this site crying for respect.
who ever said anything about respect? i havent seen anyone post anything about respect for a while. sure, they dont get much, but most teams dont at the moment, with all the attention on the pistons amazing start. however, attention doesnt win games and titles, so personally, it doesnt bother me to see the mavs get little attention.

stretchman21
02-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Cum awwnnnn Tray CEEEE

GET TRAY CEE the dayum bawl.

Teeum, geet the heyll outda wayyyyy.
lmao. thats pretty funny. you should hear him when he blasts the team in the huddle. especially if Harris makes a dumb mistake. he can yell pretty damn loud.

stretchman21
02-20-2006, 11:05 AM
So, you hate Mike Brown, Danny Ferry, and everyone else who left the Spurs system and use the Spurs tactics for coaching, recruiting, and scouting? Or just Avery?
yea. all players and assistants that turn into a head coach, learn things from previous head coaches, and do copy them in certain ways. its not just Avery.

leemajors
02-20-2006, 11:46 AM
i guess if he was a parcells or bill walsh fan he would hate 75% of NFL coaches too?

island_dude
02-20-2006, 12:12 PM

Something like that.
That's just ridiculous. Yeah, he learned alot form Pop, but are saying Avery doesn't have a mind of his own? I'm sure he didn't just implement the entire Spurs playbook to what the Mavs are doing.

Avery took an incredible opportunity and has made the best of it. Why would Pop or anyone who gives a damm about him want to get in his way? I guess Pop should've remained Nellie's assistant coach forever huh?

Get over it dude!

Mavtek
02-20-2006, 03:02 PM
WTF are all of you talking about? I didn't notice anyone coaching anyone or anything in the allstar game. You think half the shit they tried to pull was coached? You must be nuts. The west lost because they were trying to be like the Harlem Globetrotters, only bad thing was they didn't rehearse it with the other team 1st. Oh the West could've easily tied that game, except Kome lost it instead of getting a shot off. Seriously, that was bad basketball, how many free throws did they miss? Hell for a few minutes there I thought I was watching the Spurs.

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 03:29 PM
But that Kobe shot before the last timeout was awesome. Dude's good.

island_dude
02-20-2006, 05:10 PM

The second part of that's hilarious coming from an Aggie's fan. LOL!

island_dude
02-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Spoken like a whiny Mavs fan whose coach just got owned with a 20 point lead in his back pocket.
Again, funny coming from an Aggie supporter.

island_dude
02-20-2006, 05:15 PM
WTF are all of you talking about? I didn't notice anyone coaching anyone or anything in the allstar game. You think half the shit they tried to pull was coached? You must be nuts. The west lost because they were trying to be like the Harlem Globetrotters, only bad thing was they didn't rehearse it with the other team 1st. Oh the West could've easily tied that game, except Kome lost it instead of getting a shot off. Seriously, that was bad basketball, how many free throws did they miss? Hell for a few minutes there I thought I was watching the Spurs.

:lmao

TheBlueVan
02-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I for one care QUITE A BIT about the all-star game. I can't stand to see the West lose! I wish we had Pop coaching this year like last year. I mean, beating the other conference by 10!!! Oh wait, that was the EAST last year. Its amazing that no one seems to remember that

DTown1
02-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Timmy and Tony'y 10 turnovers caused the West to lose. Fuckin Morons!haha Most of them were in the 4th qrt too. Way to go Spurs. Ya'll are suppose to represent. So much for that.

leemajors
02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
what about the total lack of 3 point makes from the west besides tmac? you think that had anything to do with it? one other drops and that's game...

mavsfan1000
02-20-2006, 08:07 PM
Not Avery's fault that Parker can't stay in front of Billups.

DTown1
02-20-2006, 08:38 PM
Oh, so now he's a chump. He's the 2nd most favorite Spur in the whole city of SA and your dumbass is calling him a chump. I tell you. There's some pretty intelligent Spur's fans on here. You should know AJ is off limits, idiot. By the way, Pop lost last year too.

Ozzman
02-20-2006, 09:49 PM
You have to admit that Dirk shouldn't have moved on to the next round. He picked the ball up well after the horn sounded.

mavsfan1000
02-20-2006, 09:54 PM
I have to agree with you on this one DTown1. How can you turn against Avery Johnson of all past spurs players? Come on man. At least respect the guy and preaching defense is what all coaches do. Poppovich didn't develop the defense philosophy.

stretchman21
02-20-2006, 11:00 PM
You have to admit that Dirk shouldn't have moved on to the next round. He picked the ball up well after the horn sounded.
no, he shouldnt have gone to the next round. although saying that he picked the ball up after the horn sounded is a bit of an exaggeration. he was in the act of shooting when the horn sounded. he was in his jump, and let go maybe half a second after the horn. it definitley shouldnt have counted though.

Pandaemonaeon
02-20-2006, 11:15 PM

There's no instant-replay rule in the All-Star Saturday festivities. They let you get away with passes that only nudge barely half of the station at the Sports Skills challenge and they allow shots that are half-a-second late in the three-point shoot-out (they counted Walker's final money ball a couple of years ago - it didn't matter because he won't make it to the semis but still...)

Besides, if you really are the deserving winner then you should be the one standing with the trophy. Yes, Dirk shouldn't technically be there but ultimately the ball is on your court and you decide how far you'll go by putting the pressure on your opponent/s. This isn't like the dunk contest where the judges decide your fate and it's not like they pulled the Watergate money ball at the Finals. Even Gil (a certified conspiracy theorist :lol ) congratulated Dirk.

ducks
02-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Not Avery's fault that Parker can't stay in front of Billups.

yeah it is parkers fault
kg 1-9
mcgrady was forced feed the ball down the stretch
duncan was on the bencheast had 4 players and a coach that played together before many games.......................................

1Parker1
02-21-2006, 09:35 AM
The West should have tried to make Kobe their MVP instead of McGrady, then they would have won :smokin

Darrin
02-21-2006, 10:13 AM
Flip played 4 pistons players which I don't think is fair since they played together for so long. They were clicking and the west didn't know how to play with each other which was the difference.

Just win, baby!

Darrin
02-21-2006, 10:22 AM

I saw a coached moment when Flip Saunders called timeout with the West up by nine. When I saw the Pistons -- I mean the East -- run Rip Hamilton off a baseline curl screen from Rasheed for a jumper on the right elbow, that was a play that was run. That was not improv.