PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Williams tests positive for fourth time

Pistons < Spurs
02-19-2006, 11:44 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2336760

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has violated the NFL's substance abuse policy for a fourth time and is facing a one-year suspension for the positive drug test, Denver television station KDVR reported on Sunday.

The Miami Herald, citing two sources of its own, confirmed the station's report that Williams had failed the test, but neither media outlet would say which substance Williams used.

An NFL spokesman told ESPN that the NFL had no comment on the report.

Williams has tested positive for marijuana three times and served a four-game suspension when he returned to the NFL last season following a one-year retirement.

Dolphins coach Nick Saban told ESPN he was not aware that Williams had tested positive and he was not allowed to comment, citing the confidential nature of the league's substance-abuse policy.

Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene declined to comment when reached by the Herald on Sunday night.

"Because of the confidential nature of the league's substance abuse policy, we can't comment on any aspect of that program," Greene told the newspaper.

Williams was also fined the equivalent of four weeks' salary after his second and third violations of the NFL policy, in December 2003 and the 2004 offseason.

Williams abruptly retired from the NFL in July 2004 and the Dolphins fell apart, losing their first six games and finishing 4-12 -- their worst season since the 1960s.

At the time of his return, Williams was ordered to pay the Dolphins $8.6 million for breaching his contract, although there has been no financial resolution between him and the team. He was scheduled to be paid the league minimum of $540,000 last season, but was docked four games' pay due to his league-mandated suspension and was fined another four games in pay, reducing his take to $285,882.

Williams' base salaries for the two coming seasons are $545,000 and $670,000, the minimum for a player (he entered the league in 1999) of his NFL tenure.

Motivated partly by the need for a paycheck, he accepted Saban's offer to return for the 2005 season. When he reported at the start of training camp, Williams publicly apologized for the impact caused by his retirement and teammates unanimously embraced his return.

The Dolphins finished the 2005 season 9-7, winning their last six games. Williams gained 743 yards and scored six touchdowns.

Williams won the Heisman Trophy, the Maxwell Award, the Walter Camp Award and the Doak Walker Award following his senior season at Texas, in 1998. The New Orleans Saints traded away all their picks in the 1999 NFL draft in order to get him.

In six seasons with New Orleans and Miami, Williams has 7,097 yards on 1,757 carries -- four yards per carry -- and 47 rushing touchdowns. His best season was in 2002 with Miami, when he gained 1,853 yards in 383 carries and ran for 16 TDs.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Ricky Williams is the fucking shit

Horry For 3!
02-20-2006, 12:38 AM
*shakes head*

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2006, 12:45 AM
What a dumbass.

rayray2k8
02-20-2006, 12:46 AM
:idiot This guy doesn't get it.. unbelieveable

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-20-2006, 01:09 AM
He had to know he was going to get caught, is this just a way to get another year off without losing pay or what?

Sense
02-20-2006, 01:37 AM
He's beyond stupid.

Brutalis
02-20-2006, 01:58 AM
Who actually thought he quit? Come on now.

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2006, 02:08 AM
http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/smilies/12smoke.gifhttp://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/smilies/12smoke.gifhttp://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/smilies/12smoke.gifhttp://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/smilies/12smoke.gif

Brutalis
02-20-2006, 02:20 AM
giggles

Cant_Be_Faded
02-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Who gives a shit? He doesn't like to play in the NFL...its just not a big priority to him. And can you blame him?

What does he owe to anyone? He was the greatest college running back of all time, became a millionare, had to carry shitty teams his entire career, and is not allowed to chill back on offdays and smoke an L or a cone?

Fuck that shit...if marijuana was not on that drug list he'd still be playing ball. It's not like he's a meth addict.

I bet 50G's in vbookie he didnt lose 1 seconds worth of sleep when he took and failed that test.
He's saved a hundred ass beatings and gets to smoke more weed (and you know he isn't blowing bull shit, he's blowin endo)...when they get serious and want to win some games, they'll be running right back to him, and he knows it.

Ricky Williams is the fucking shit

Brutalis
02-20-2006, 06:15 AM
...and then you wake up and realize, hey, he isn't the greatest running back in college football history.

What does he owe? Um, keeping his word maybe? Or does that mean shit too?

ShoogarBear
02-20-2006, 10:24 AM
He was the greatest college running back of all time, :lmao :lmao :lmao

Sounds like you been partying with the Rickster?

Without even trying hard:
Herschel Walker
O.J. Simpson
Barry Sanders
Marcus Allen
Archie Griffin
Earl Campbell (i.e., he isn't even the greatest UT running back of all time)

Brodels
02-20-2006, 12:22 PM
This guy doesn't get it.. unbelieveable

Or maybe he 'gets it' more than the rest of us. If he's not into football very much and would rather spend his time smoking cheeba and doing yoga, who are we to say he doesn't 'get it' if that's what he's content doing?

He's beyond stupid.

In my world, the stupid people are the ones who are afraid of doing what it takes to make themselves happy. I don't know for sure that Ricky is going to end up in a world of bliss now that he's failed a drug test, but I think we at least have to consider that he might be doing exactly what he wants to do.

Sec24Row7
02-20-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm so fucking sick of football on national sports shows.

IT'S OVER.

BASKETBALL TIME NOW.

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Or maybe he 'gets it' more than the rest of us. If he's not into football very much and would rather spend his time smoking cheeba and doing yoga, who are we to say he doesn't 'get it' if that's what he's content doing?

yeah but he already ran out of money once, if you are going to spend your time smoking at least invest well.

hussker
02-20-2006, 02:45 PM
yeah but he already ran out of money once, if you are going to spend your time smoking at least invest well.

Heard a good one from a jungle caller:

Trade Ricky to SF so he can get a prescription...

atlfan25
02-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Last edited by Cant_Be_Faded : Today at 03:32 AM. Reason: they might see me on jay leno they be like flip can you listen to my demoi'd say naw nigga i got shows to do

and after the concert i got hos to screw

Brutalis
02-20-2006, 06:41 PM
http://www.carlosloozer.com/stickywilliams/index.htm

Cant_Be_Faded
02-20-2006, 07:19 PM
...and then you wake up and realize, hey, he isn't the greatest running back in college football history.

What does he owe? Um, keeping his word maybe? Or does that mean shit too?

If they want to keep him from playing just cuz he likes to party then he doesn't owe them shit...

If he quit for no reason at all (like he did when he took his 1 year vacation) then it is bull shit but this isn't the case

Ricky Williams was the greatest college football running back of all time...

Do you really think those old bastards faced the same quick defenses that Ricky faced? Please. You might as well pick the 1927 all-star Aggies and say they had a chance against the shittiest 90's UT team ever. Please.

exstatic
02-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, this makes my FF keeper list a LOT easier. I had both RW and Ronnie Brown, and running back by committee is a killer for your team, because you never know who to start. Keeper 3 league, and I'll now be keeping Ronnie Brown, Cadillac, and Carson Palmer.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-20-2006, 08:28 PM
If Ricky Williams had attended and played for USC, people would talk about him more than Reggie "quick laterals" Bush

chode_regulator
02-20-2006, 09:08 PM
didnt so much run out as get forced to give it back
and i agree with cbf, if he does what he wants and is content then let him be. imagine your job coming to you on the weekend or your vaca and asking for a drug test. its the offseason, hes not hurting anyone. leave him be.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2006, 09:46 PM
If they want to keep him from playing just cuz he likes to party then he doesn't owe them shit...

If he quit for no reason at all (like he did when he took his 1 year vacation) then it is bull shit but this isn't the case

Ricky Williams was the greatest college football running back of all time...

Do you really think those old bastards faced the same quick defenses that Ricky faced? Please. You might as well pick the 1927 all-star Aggies and say they had a chance against the shittiest 90's UT team ever. Please.

You're a dumbass. What does any of that have to do with him being an idiot pothead in the pros?

They're not trying to keep him from playing. That's moronic. Quit sniffing his jock so hard. He could have 8 million in his pocket if he could just lay off the bong.

Damn, it's illegal for Joe Public to smoke, but we should make an exception for potheads who play sports?

He had the whole world in his hands and he blew it to get high. Dumbass.

Horry For 3!
02-21-2006, 12:06 AM
http://www.carlosloozer.com/Images/twofaceshirt.jpg

:lmao

IceColdBrewski
02-21-2006, 12:22 AM
It's gonna be interesting to see what he tested positive for. Could be something big. Could be something stupid. But if he tests positive for drugs, or a masking agent, he deserves whatever he gets.

IceColdBrewski
02-21-2006, 12:30 AM
... its the offseason, hes not hurting anyone. leave him be.

Doesn't work that way. When you sign on with the NFL, you agree to abide by their rules. Which happens to include random drug testing. If Ricky doesn't like it, he should get the fuck out and stop fucking over his teammates with all the distractions. You RW jock riders can have your little pole-smoking sessions, but Ricky will NOT have his way with the NFL. Period.

Vashner
02-21-2006, 01:25 AM
Hum..

Now he would not smoke a big joint during the Superbowl would he?

ducks
02-21-2006, 09:30 AM
NFL: Ricky Williams appeals failed drug test
Steven Wine, Associated Press

MIAMI (AP) — Troubled running back Ricky Williams is appealing a positive drug test that could force the Miami Dolphins star to sit out the 2006 season, a person familiar with the case said Monday.
If the positive test result is upheld, it would be Williams' fourth violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy, meaning at least a one-year suspension.

Previous positive tests were for marijuana, which Williams acknowledged using. But the latest test involved a drug other than marijuana, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity because league policy is to keep test results confidential.

The Miami Herald reported Monday that two sources said Williams failed a test for a substance not publicly known. His latest positive test was first reported Sunday by Denver television station KDVR.

A ruling on the appeal isn't expected until April. Williams, the 1998 Heisman Trophy winner and 2002 NFL rushing champion, is in India studying yoga and holistic medicine.

"Ricky Williams has been in outstanding behavioral mode for the past six months. No one should jump to any conclusions," said Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg.

The Dolphins and the NFL declined to comment, citing the private nature of the league's drug program.

Williams retired and sat out the 2004 season. He owes the Dolphins $8.6 million for breaching his contract, and motivated at least partly by the need for a paycheck, he returned last year to play for new Miami coach Nick Saban.

Before being allowed to return, Williams served a four-game suspension at the start of the season for his third violation of the drug program.

Despite the long layoff and a limited workload, Williams ran for 743 yards and averaged 4.4 per carry while sharing playing time with rookie Ronnie Brown. Williams gained 280 yards in the final two games when Brown was hurt.

Saban and the Dolphins praised Williams' attitude, work ethic and leadership. Dispelling his reputation as an aloof, selfish pothead, Williams became such a model of good behavior that he was chosen co-winner of the local media's annual postseason Good Guy Award, given to the player most cooperative with reporters.

Williams laughingly described himself as weird and compared his career to a roller coaster. Since returning last season, the NFL has required him to undergo drug tests up to 10 times a month.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-21-2006, 01:19 PM
You're a dumbass. What does any of that have to do with him being an idiot pothead in the pros?

They're not trying to keep him from playing. That's moronic. Quit sniffing his jock so hard. He could have 8 million in his pocket if he could just lay off the bong.

Damn, it's illegal for Joe Public to smoke, but we should make an exception for potheads who play sports?

He had the whole world in his hands and he blew it to get high. Dumbass.

Who says I am giving Ricky Williams the high and mighty treatment in regards to weed? Stop being republican for one second.

If Joe Public got fired or suspended from working the espresso machine at Borders for smoking weed off the job I would be equally as pissed.
What I am trying to say is that the people who get mad at him for smoking weed, to those people: he doesn't owe you shit, so leave him alone. His talent isnt his just to please you, its to please him.
He obviously wants to play ball, or else he'd have had a horrible season. But if he can't do something he considers more of a priority than ball, then so fucking what? Leave him alone.

If you call these statements pole-smoking ricky, then you're the dumbass.

However, I saw on espn that he tested positive for a drug other than weed, and he will be appealing it.

So this argument is moot anyways.

Peter
02-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Damn, Cant_Be_Mated is that stupid.

Peter
02-21-2006, 05:37 PM
My apologies for insulting your lover.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-21-2006, 10:35 PM
My apologies for having vbookie = to zero.

Peter
02-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Play money matters to kids.

Peter
02-21-2006, 11:25 PM
That, and a $1.62, will get you a cup of coffee at Starbuck's.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-21-2006, 11:37 PM
If you didn't care you wouldn't have bet

a shitty bet that is

Peter has been diowned yet again...tsk tsk

Peter
02-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Oh no, I've made a shitty bet with play money.

You, on the other hand, worry about it.

I'd rather not be you.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-22-2006, 05:30 PM
smegma i tell ya
peter bryant is drenched innnnnn SMEGMA

Peter
02-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Hurry up. Dio's probably expecting his chode burgular to show.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-22-2006, 05:51 PM
peter's supposed to be laid back and a slacker at Initech.

LaMArcus truely is not the lamarcus bryant of college basketball

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-22-2006, 07:54 PM
What I am trying to say is that the people who get mad at him for smoking weed, to those people: he doesn't owe you shit, so leave him alone.

No one's getting mad at him for smoking weed. We're saying he's a fucking idiot for fucking up and getting kicked out of football for a year.

Damn, if I had 8 million in my pocket I sure could find better things to do with it than drugs, and I sure wouldn't jeopardize income like that for the sake of getting high for a few hours.

That's just dumb.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-22-2006, 08:18 PM
No one's getting mad at him for smoking weed. We're saying he's a fucking idiot for fucking up and getting kicked out of football for a year.

Damn, if I had 8 million in my pocket I sure could find better things to do with it than drugs, and I sure wouldn't jeopardize income like that for the sake of getting high for a few hours.

That's just dumb.

My answer has nothing to do with Ricky Williams, but...yes.

Ricky Williams is an idiot who prefers to smoke pot to using his god-given talent to make a lot of money by playing football. I hope his lazy stupid ass has to pay back every penny of that $8M.

Let him smoke weed i say.

IceColdBrewski
02-23-2006, 12:53 AM

What you're basically saying is, "let him fuck over his teammates I say."

Brutalis
02-23-2006, 02:59 AM
"Peter" nice ownage. It goes unsaid. It's more of a feeling that went around.

Take it from a Dolphins fan. No matter what biased Texas' fans have to say, the guy is a joke. He screws around in practice, laughs at everything players say (i wonder why), and gets winded easily.

And he is worth what?

Miami fans know exactly what his worth is.

A run on on 3rd and one, and not much else.

Ricky is one dumbshit. Urrbody knows it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-24-2006, 12:13 AM

You've obviously never been on a sports team in your life if that's how you feel. He sold out 54 teammates to get high.

He's lucky one of the LBs didn't break his fucking neck.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-24-2006, 01:24 AM
there are alot of factors at play here and many ways of interpreting them

I say if he did something other than weed, like a narcotic, then yall are right. Cuz all he wanted to do was get some quick fixes and betrayed teammates trust.

I also say if he just used weed, and hes 'depressed' as they said he was before he 'retired' then he's just doing something any other human being tries to do, but his version of doing that happens to go against a senseless rule made up by a few people. If this is the case then any rational human (including his teammates) should find fault with the system before finding fault with the man.

This is the version of the story I believe as true....so...Let him smoke weed I say.

chode_regulator
03-04-2006, 08:07 AM
You've obviously never been on a sports team in your life if that's how you feel. He sold out 54 teammates to get high.

He's lucky one of the LBs didn't break his fucking neck.
i have and got fucked up every single day. i went to practice and did my jobn though. and its funny that everyone here acts like nfl players are all upstanding moral citizens that i would want any of my future kids looking up to. :rolleyes

"Peter" nice ownage. It goes unsaid. It's more of a feeling that went around.

Take it from a Dolphins fan. No matter what biased Texas' fans have to say, the guy is a joke. He screws around in practice, laughs at everything players say (i wonder why), and gets winded easily.

And he is worth what?

Miami fans know exactly what his worth is.

A run on on 3rd and one, and not much else.

Ricky is one dumbshit. Urrbody knows it.

ummm...did you see the article about him? he was the rushing leader in 02. i'd say tahts pretty good. and last year he had 700+ yds and missed 4 games? thats pretty fucking goood. but i guess you gain all that by only rushing on 3 andshort. :rolleyes

chode_regulator
03-04-2006, 08:08 AM
and im not saying that the nfl shouldnt drug test him, during the season. in the offseason leave the players alone.
ive had jobs were i could get tested but it wouldnthave been over the weekend when im at home. so if i can get away with it at home and show up and do my job during the week. who cares?

mookie2001
03-04-2006, 01:43 PM
people are forgetting even if he didnt really want to play this last season, he made himself more than 8 million dollars and played pretty well

I would play for the Oklahoma Sooner Republican Club-Team in the Anti-Decriminlization of Marjuana League for that much