PDA

View Full Version : All Star Game Summary

Dunc
02-20-2006, 12:48 AM
None of this mattered. It was sweet as hell to watch the Pistons get in there and take it over (yes, haters, take it over.... 11 straight points to start the 4th, to me, is taking a game over in crunch time. argue if you like, but I really don't give a shit), it was nice to see LeBron go off a bit (too many 3's, if you ask me), and Jesus Christ, did Kobe get 8 assists???? The bottom line is that this horrid break between games that matter is finally over, and this circus known as the All Star game is done for another season. To me, aside from the Pistons owning the West :elephant , the best part was to see the human side of some of these guys, like TD jokin around with KG and shit like that. And also proving that once and for all, Vince Carter is king, yes king, of the dumbasses.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Dude, y'all "went off" on Ray Allen, Yao Ming, and Pau Gasol. Not exactly the A-team out here. :lol

T Park
02-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Ray Allen Yao Ming and Pau are not exactly hard core all stars.

Ray is iffy, Yao shouldnt even come close, and Pau is just barely an all star.

Period.

jochhejaam
02-20-2006, 12:55 AM
Dude, y'all "went off" on Ray Allen, Yao Ming, and Pau Gasol. Not exactly the A-team out here. :lol
5 on 3? No wonder we pulled away. :lol

TDMGTP
02-20-2006, 12:56 AM
okay know it all TPARK.

Dunc
02-20-2006, 12:58 AM
5 on 3? No wonder we pulled away. :lol

You're right, you're right.... I'm dense. We should have probably won the game by 30 or so, because clearly that team didn't have enough people... :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Is it me or is Ray Allen the most ungrateful SOB out there?

Every interview I saw or heard of his this weekend he seemed as if he were doing the ASG a favor or that he just didn't want to be there.

I even still liked him after the crap he tried to pull with Bruce, but if nothing personal was happening with him to cause his permanent funk, he goes on my short list of athletes I really dislike and openly root against.

T Park
02-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Id still love to see Ray Allen shooting open jumpers on kickouts from Tim.

Damn...

ChumpDumper
02-20-2006, 01:05 AM
Is it me or is Ray Allen the most ungrateful SOB out there?

Every interview I saw or heard of his this weekend he seemed as if he were doing the ASG a favor or that he just didn't want to be there.

I even still liked him after the crap he tried to pull with Bruce, but if nothing personal was happening with him to cause his permanent funk, he goes on my short list of athletes I really dislike and openly root against.Bob Hill is his coach and Robert Swift is his starting center.

Would you be happy?

Dunc
02-20-2006, 01:07 AM
Bob Hill is his coach and Robert Swift is his starting center.

Would you be happy?

That would ruin my fucking day.
:hang

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2006, 01:08 AM
Bob Hill is his coach and Robert Swift is his starting center.

Would you be happy?

True, but he could have left for a better situation.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2006, 01:09 AM
He couldn't have seen it getting THAT bad.

FreshPrince22
02-20-2006, 01:10 AM

When the Pistons were on the floor in the 2nd half (when they dominated), these were the guys that were on the floor for the west in that strech: Tony, KG, Dirk, Ray, Marion, Gasol, and Yao. And even T-Mac, Nash, and Kobe came in towards the end.

I'd say if someone put that team together in real life you'd be pretty darn impressed.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2006, 01:10 AM
He couldn't have seen it getting THAT bad.

For somebody who lamented the leaving of Jerome James...yeah, he could of.

Dunc
02-20-2006, 01:11 AM
When the Pistons were on the floor in the 2nd half (when they dominated), these were the guys that were on the floor for the west in that strech: Tony, KG, Dirk, Ray, Marion, Gasol, and Yao. And even T-Mac, Nash, and Kobe came in towards the end.

I'd say if someone put that team together in real life you'd be pretty darn impressed.

And then if you put a team together that came in and kicked that team's ass, you'd be even more impressed :D Cmon haters, rip on me!!
:fro

MajicMan
02-20-2006, 01:20 AM
None of this mattered. It was sweet as hell to watch the Pistons get in there and take it over (yes, haters, take it over.... 11 straight points to start the 4th, to me, is taking a game over in crunch time. argue if you like, but I really don't give a shit), it was nice to see LeBron go off a bit (too many 3's, if you ask me), and Jesus Christ, did Kobe get 8 assists???? The bottom line is that this horrid break between games that matter is finally over, and this circus known as the All Star game is done for another season. To me, aside from the Pistons owning the West :elephant , the best part was to see the human side of some of these guys, like TD jokin around with KG and shit like that. And also proving that once and for all, Vince Carter is king, yes king, of the dumbasses.

Shut up man. Piston fans are idiots. First it was "we get no respect" than it was "we should of had five Pistons in the all star game" and now "Pistons owning the West" STFU, you guys should have had only three Pistons, you guys are only a few games ahead of Dallas and the Spurs. You guys haven't done anything special to have five let alone four Pistons in the ASG. The west was obviously obsessed with getting TMac the mpv. Maybe Bron and Wade had something to do with the East winning and Tmac being so mentally depressed the West sacraficed their game so the boy can shoot his pains away. Pistonds don't own shit. You guys think you're the best thing since sliced bread. STFU Pistons aren't that good.

jochhejaam
02-20-2006, 01:21 AM

So Aggie forgot about Tony and KG and Dirk and Marion? An honest mistake I'm sure. :lol

FreshPrince22
02-20-2006, 01:22 AM
Play of the game: Big Ben with the SWAT X2 on Pau. That was Nasty.

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 01:24 AM
That's like team USA... they got beat by teams who had played with each other a very long time. Unfair advantage.

Dunc
02-20-2006, 01:25 AM
Play of the game: Big Ben with the SWAT X2 on Pau. That was Nasty.

FUCKIN RIGHT!! :fro

Dunc
02-20-2006, 01:27 AM
That's like team USA... they got beat by teams who had played with each other a very long time. Unfair advantage.

I can't remember who said it, I think it was either Kenny Smith or Barkley, one of them said before the game that there's no way the Pistons would be able to keep up with the West all stars. "No way". Yeah, no way my ass.

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Again, unfair advantage.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2006, 01:29 AM
An advantage, but not unfair.

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 01:30 AM
It's unfair if the other team doesn't get to do the same.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2006, 01:31 AM

God, there was nothing unfair.

Four (and in some eyes, five) of them were All-Stars.

They played like a team and bested the others.

Congrats to the Pistons.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2006, 01:32 AM
It's unfair if the other team doesn't get to do the same.

So what would you suggest...All-Star teams get to play with each other for three seasons before they play a game?

ChumpDumper
02-20-2006, 01:32 AM
It's unfair if the other team doesn't get to do the same.They are completely free to do it if they got the personnel. Not the East's fault.

Dunc
02-20-2006, 01:33 AM
There was nothing unfair about it. End of story. Sounds like some excuses going on up in here? Don't worry dude, you guys didn't lose the title. Just the all-star game. To four Pistons.

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 01:33 AM
So what would you suggest...All-Star teams get to play with each other for three seasons before they play a game?
Geez.. no. Just a comment.

MajicMan
02-20-2006, 01:35 AM
There was nothing unfair about it. End of story. Sounds like some excuses going on up in here? Don't worry dude, you guys didn't lose the title. Just the all-star game. To four Pistons.

The West lost to the East dipshit. Not the Pistons. :rolleyes
Maybe that's why Lebron won MVP and some thought Wade should have won MVP, not a Piston.

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm not making excuses for the West losing. Just pointing out it's not really "owning" when the other team didn't have the same advantage as the other team having 4 Pistons.

FreshPrince22
02-20-2006, 01:36 AM
Check out the overall plus/minus for the East:

AI: -5
Wade: -8
Lebron: -10
Vince: -10
Shaq: -15
Billups: +15
Ben: +20
Rip: +8
Sheed: +10
Pierce: +7
Arenas: -6
Bosh: +4

That's Big Ben's impact right there. ZERO points, an Air-ball FT, yet he dominates the game. Ben should have gotten MVP.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2006, 01:37 AM
Geez.. no. Just a comment.

Well, then...it's just a comment that you're crying for a pretty shitty reason.

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 01:39 AM
Well, then...it's just a comment that you're crying for a pretty shitty reason.
:pctoss
I love how things get blown up here all the time.

jochhejaam
02-20-2006, 01:40 AM
I'm not making excuses for the West losing. Just pointing out it's not really "owning" when the other team didn't have the same advantage as the other team having 4 Pistons.
And to add insult to injury it wasn't the East Starter team it was the Junior Varsity team that administered the unfair spanking. :lol

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 01:42 AM
Oh, and Tony Parker rocked.

Dunc
02-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Oh, and Tony Parker rocked.

Heh, I wasn't going to say anything about that.... it was nice to see TD shoot the ball well though.

TOP-CHERRY
02-20-2006, 01:45 AM
It was nice to see everyone having fun... and Shaq's just a big kid.

Brutalis
02-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Ben should have gotten MVP.

lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao: lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

o...omygodicantbreath...omg

jochhejaam
02-20-2006, 01:50 AM
That's Big Ben's impact right there. ZERO points, an Air-ball FT, yet he dominates the game. Ben should have gotten MVP.
I think Ben missed 13 games for various reasons last year and the Piston's opponents shot 47% when he missed games and 42% when he played, huge!

jochhejaam
02-20-2006, 01:51 AM
lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao: lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

o...omygodicantbreath...omg
So this could be your last post?

TDfan2007
02-20-2006, 02:06 AM
it just sucks that Tim wasn't in at the end. I'm sure we would have won if he was. He attempted less shots than KG and he was a starter. I just don't get it.

T-Pain
02-20-2006, 02:36 AM
i was pretty suprised how long avery let tony play. i thought tony had a way better performance in the allstar game than ginobili did. hopefully we'll see parker, ginobili, and duncan in las vegas next year. way to represent the spurs guys.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-20-2006, 03:36 AM
Pistons blow ass. Iverson and James brought the lead to within 4 by themselves, then they insert the piston bitches and they go up against the west B team...all of a sudden (and you KNEW it was going to happen in one form or another) the announcers start proclaiming the pistons shut down the west

i knew that shit would happen
pistons are so gay
remmeber when rip said 'all 5 of us should be here'
more like five thousand doll-hairs

MI21
02-20-2006, 03:56 AM
It is an All-Star game and we have people posting +/- stats etc. Wow.

The Pistons came in, knew where each other where going to be and played harder than most of the players. Kudo's to them for helping make the game interesting.

Someone said Ben Wallace should be MVP of this game? :lol

Tanya
02-20-2006, 04:28 AM
The west sucks tonight. How could they blow 21 points lead in the 2nd half? I just thought the game was over after the first half.
Well guys stop hating. You have to admit that the pistons brought some defense into the game and that really changed the game. LBJ and AI were able to erase the deficit, but if the pistons didn't play some defense the east would not win. Big ben couldn't score but did you notice that in the 4th quarter, when the east lead by 10 points Big ben left the court. And all of a sudden the west made a run to tie the game.
Well I can say the pistons was a major factor the east win. I am not saying the pistons win the west. But imagine without those mins the pistons played in the game, the east could hardly win.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Since when is anyone supposed to play D in the ASG? It's unsportsmanlike.

Brutalis
02-20-2006, 05:39 AM
dot dot dot

Gin N Juice
02-20-2006, 07:36 AM
TD and TP tied for top turnover honors, way to represent guys yeahhhhh! :lol

Dunc
02-20-2006, 08:10 AM

Yeah.... sorry, on this night, we'll take our guys over your guys, thanks.

ShoogarBear
02-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Exactly right. That's why I get pissed off at all the idiots who criticized Team USA because they can't see that if you take a bunch of great players who haven't played together, no matter how great, they're going to struggle against a bunch of good players who know each other.

ShoogarBear
02-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah.... sorry, on this night, we'll take our guys over your guys, thanks.
Whyn't you put Chauncey with four guys he never played with before and see how many turnovers he gets?

SpursWoman
02-20-2006, 09:13 AM

When all four Pistons were on the floor, they were running plays that they've been using for a long time as a team ... the west did not have that advantage, so it's not stupid for some to feel like that wasn't exactly fair.

I just thought it was a fun game to watch, whoever won....and how awesome that would be to actually have a team with so many talented players. Too bad such a team would put them about 400X over the salary cap. :depressed :lol

And I'm with Barkley...kinda....if those guys (the West) had more than a couple of days to play together, they'd beat those Pistons like a red-headed stepchild. :devil :lol

Dunc
02-20-2006, 09:46 AM
And I'm with Barkley...kinda....if those guys (the West) had more than a couple of days to play together, they'd beat those Pistons like a red-headed stepchild. :devil :lol

No doubt, no doubt :D

Dunc
02-20-2006, 10:25 AM

Actually, yeah, I think that's what he said.... I think he said "if the West All-Star team had been together as long as the Pistons, the Pistons wouldn't have a chance." That's right too. My bad. :lol

ShoogarBear
02-20-2006, 10:26 AM
No doubt, no doubt :D
Oh, okay. Sorry, I thought you were living on Planet Piston Fantasy. :)

Budkin
02-20-2006, 11:57 AM

Yeah I was glad to see them bring in some of the turnover goodness that has been plaguing them of late. :rolleyes

Stacis_pistons_rock
02-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Ray Allen Yao Ming and Pau are not exactly hard core all stars.

Ray is iffy, Yao shouldnt even come close, and Pau is just barely an all star.

Period.
tim duncan and tony parker were also the ones in there. i guess you left them out for a reason? maybe because they had 5 turnover's a piece.lol

Crookshanks
02-20-2006, 04:54 PM
I think it was Steve Kerr who made the comment (after one of Tony's turnovers) that Tony is used to passing the ball to his teammates and knows which way they're going to cut. Shawn Marion cut the other way and Tony threw the ball behind him.

This is what people meant when they say that the East had an advantage - the 4 Pistons players are used to playing together.

Magic said before the game that one year the Lakers had 4 players and the west coach was Riley - he did the same thing - put all 4 lakers on the floor at the same time and won the game.

Tanya
02-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Whyn't you put Chauncey with four guys he never played with before and see how many turnovers he gets?

Flip couldn't do that because Chauncey is not a starter. Chauncey could only play with the bench. Once the starters enter Chauncey has to go because AI wouldn't play with the bench.

SpursWoman
02-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Flip couldn't do that because Chauncey is not a starter. Chauncey could only play with the bench. Once the starters enter Chauncey has to go because AI wouldn't play with the bench.

After the initial tipoff, Flip could move around the line up and assign minutes however he so chose to...which means, yes, Chauncey could have played with the starters.

Winnipeg_Spur
02-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Wow, I can't this is still going on. Yes the Pistons played great as a unit. Good for them. Maybe Rasheed can get them All-Star Championship belts to wear for the rest of the season.

Marklar MM
02-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Wow, I can't this is still going on. Yes the Pistons played great as a unit. Good for them. Maybe Rasheed can get them All-Star Championship belts to wear for the rest of the season.

No need because he didn't want to be there. :)

bdubya
02-21-2006, 01:02 PM
What exactly is "fair" in this context? How many NBA games are really "Fair"?
Was it "fair" when a team has Shaq? Or Jordan in his prime? Or "the most fundamentally sound player" (or whatever Duncan's title is)?

Yes, having 4/5 of the Pistons starters on the bench ready to come in as a unit is an advantage. So was Johnson having the option to play five 7-footers. So was Flip having Shaq to start at center. Blah blah blah....yeah, the Pistons' defense got the East back in the game, but what's "unfair" about it? Should there be a limit on the number of players from a given team that can be All-Stars?

As I understand it, the coaches didn't have the option of voting for "FOUR PISTONS" as a reserve unit, each coach had to vote for the INDIVIDUALS he wanted to see, and when the votes were tallied four Pistons were selected. No option for "Yeah, send Rip, but ONLY if Billups is also going, otherwise send Michael Redd," no smoke-filled back room where Stern and the coaches hash out the reserve lineup or anything like that, just each head coach picking two guards, two forwards and a center, on his own, with no idea who the other coaches are picking. As it happened, no team in the West had four INDIVIDUAL players that won that ballot, but one team in the East did. What's "unfair" about that?

Stacis_pistons_rock
02-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Pistons blow ass. Iverson and James brought the lead to within 4 by themselves, then they insert the piston bitches and they go up against the west B team...all of a sudden (and you KNEW it was going to happen in one form or another) the announcers start proclaiming the pistons shut down the west

i knew that shit would happen
pistons are so gay
remmeber when rip said 'all 5 of us should be here'
more like five thousand doll-hairs
pistons were 7-4 against the west in their limited mins in the 1st half in which they cut a 4 pt lead to tie it.
pistions were also 20-9 in their limited mins in the 2nd half to bring the east ahead again for the 1st time since the beginnining of the 2nd period when they also again braught the east back so your comment holds no water.
billups was 6-10 15 pts 7 assist 4 rbs and only played 15 mins compared to lebrons 30 and wades 31.

nkdlunch
02-21-2006, 02:56 PM
:lmao I can't beleive some Pistons fans are taking the Allstar game seriously. idiocy has reached new levels :lol

cheguevara
02-21-2006, 08:28 PM
word

MI21
02-21-2006, 11:35 PM

What?

Dunc
02-22-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm sorry, i know I started this, but why is this still going on? Great game, good ending. Entertaining b-ball once the TOs stopped. Back to real basketball.