PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Fall To Nuggets 100-93

Pooh
10-16-2003, 05:04 AM
With Jermaine O'Neal and Al Harrington sitting out tonight's game, the Denver Nuggets swooped in for the kill as they handed the Pacers their second straight loss, 100-93 at Conseco Fieldhouse.

The Nuggets never trailed in a game that lacked structure, but not style.

Ron Artest, continued his outstanding pre-season by scoring 28 points. Reggie Miller played his usual 20 minutes this pre-season, and scored 15 points.

Jamaal Tinsley and Fred Jones scored 14 and 12 points respectively, but in the end it was too much Denver, who resembled the UCLA Bruins, in their new road uniforms.

Pacers Coach Rick Carlisle, has been breaking down the minutes to some of his players, both young and veterans, but he's concerned about too much, too soon.

"I’m really right now concerned with getting guys minutes to get in conditioning but I don’t want to run them ragged." Carlisle said. "We’ve got some guys playing out of position now and there’s some confusion. What we need is practice time but we’re not going to get it for a while."

The time on the floor has been a perfect opportunity for Jamaal Tinsley to show his fellow teammates, coaches and fans how quick he has become since triming down over the summer.

"It has helped me with my stamina, which in turn has helped me on the defensive end." Tinsley said. "Tonight, some of my shots fell and I felt pretty good about that. My job is to grab loose balls, get the break going and find the open man. I think I’m headed in that direction."

Next up for the Pacers is a meeting against a team that has made significant changes during the off-season in the Minnesota Timberwolves. Friday's 7pm tipoff will serve as some guide to see where the Pacers are at this moment and see what direction they need to head as they reach the halfway point of the pre-season.

pacersrule03
10-16-2003, 12:39 PM
not only were we wo jo and al, we were wo croshere, bender, anderson, johnson. Once the p's get healthy they will be a good solid team.

Pooh
10-16-2003, 02:48 PM
Yes I agree, once all the pieces are in place, then we can see what we have.