PDA

View Full Version : Third Quarter Collapse Leads To Pacers Loss To Bulls.

Pooh
10-15-2003, 02:57 AM
Just as the Chicago Cubs were in the middle of a horrific 8th inning collaspe, the Indiana Pacers were just starting thiers.

After leading 50-40 at halftime, the Pacers came out flat and completely out of sync as the Bulls out scored them 30-14 in the third quarter, enroute to a 103-96 victory over Indiana in the United Center Tuesday night.

Shots that fell in the first half were not, as the Bulls continued to put the pressure on the Pacers throughout the second half.

Like the Pacers had done in the first half, the Bulls built up a double-digit lead in the fourth quarter, only to see it slip away as the game was tied with 4.7 seconds remaining on a three-point play by the Pacers Michael Smith.

Smith's basket came on a putback of an airball by Carl English on a 3-point attempt. Roger Mason of the Bulls fouled Smith to put him at the line for the tying point.

Led by Jamal Crawford's 31 points, (7 of which came in O.T.) the Bulls dominated the overtime period, scoring 10 of the first 12 points, to seal the game.

The Pacers were led by Fred Jones who scored 15 points. Reggie Miller continued with another solid showing, scoring 10 points.

Ron Artest and James Jones added 13 apiece while Jermaine O'Neal pulled down eight rebounds and scoring 8 points.

Most of O'Neal's shots in the second half came up short time and time again, causing the Pacers to struggle for the rest of the night.

The free throw line, once a Pacers' strong point, failed them miserably Tuesday night, hitting on 65 percent while the Bulls' 80 percent helped carry them onto victory.

pacersrule03
10-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Crawford LIT US UP last night. Watch out for this guy. I knew he would have a great season this season when I watched him at the end of last season. The Bulls have a chance to be very scary this season. With possibly now the best frontcourt in the East with Curry and Chandler this team will be playoff contenders.
and as for those cubbies..:cry
and if the cubs lose tonight that kid that tried to catch the ball,man i feel sorry for him, he might as well...:shootme