02-20-2006, 03:44 PM
404 Yea
4 Nay
4 Abstain

No link yet, watched on C-Span.

I'll keep looking...

SUMMARY OF BILL:
H.CON.RES.341

Title: Condemning the Government of Iran for violating its international nuclear nonproliferation obligations and expressing support for efforts to report Iran to the United Nations Security Council.

Sponsor: Rep Ros-Lehtinen, Ileana (introduced 2/15/2006) Cosponsors (26)
Latest Major Action: 2/15/2006 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on International Relations.

Link (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.CON.RES.341)

More:

Snip: <American officials are probing whether Georgia, situated just northwest of Iran, will allow Washington to use its military bases and airfields in the event of a military conflict with Teheran, The Jerusalem Post reported Monday citing an unnamed Georgian official.

The Americans have been putting out feelers, the source, a high-ranking Georgian government foreign affairs official said, in advance of a possible military strike to prevent Iran from achieving nuclear weapons capability.

American reports in recent months, speculating about the possibility of a campaign against Iran because of the failure of diplomatic efforts to thwart a potential nuclear weapons program, have suggested that sustained military action, rather than a single strike, may be required given the number of Iranian nuclear facilities, their divergent locations and Iranian defenses.

Georgian government officials said that Tbilisi fears harsh Iranian military retaliation against the Georgian republic if U.S. forces were to use its territory as a base for strikes against Iran, but nonetheless may feel obligated to accede to such a request, given the country’s heavy reliance on US aid and support. The US maintains its own military bases in Georgia. >

MOSCOW NEWS (http://www.mosnews.com/news/2006/02/20/irangeorgia.shtml)

I think this is someone everyone should prepare for. The U.S. has been slowly undermining the U.N. Just yesterday, John Bolton had some nasty words for Iran and of course, Condolense has made it a point to call out Iran anytime anyone sticks a mic in her face. Then yesterday we have this House vote.

All this despite our own intelligence agencies telling us that Iran is still 10+ years from having the uranium neccessary to build a nuclear device.

I'm gonna go ahead now and raise the IRAN war red flag.

These are steps I think everyone should be taking to protect themselves and their families:

1. Minimize your reliance on gasoline. Buy a bike, or a hybrid. Don't assume that limitless gasoline will always be readily available.
2. Minimize your expenses - sell your home if neccessary. (what good is a big suburban home if you can't get there?)
3. Get your FEMA emergency kits ready. (batteries, generator, gas, canned beans, emergency health kit)
4. Store enough water for at least a week. (buy some water decontamination pills as back-up or a good water filtration system that removes pathogens from tap water).
5. Learn to plant a garden. Plant things that you can sell or barter and that will still feed your family. Potatoe, tomato , beans...
6. Get government back to the community level. The system is broken, only trust those you know and those around you.
7. Take back the media. We'll need a new media that represents the best interest of the people. and not the corporate shills who write the checks.
8. Don't panick. Keep your head. Cuba was able to survive with less gas, and so can we.
9. If you can afford it, buy rural property with it's own water supply (well) now, were you can grow food, and safely shelter your family. Buy weapons to protect yourselfs.
10. God Bless Us all. We'll need it.

Good luck everyone!

Sec24Row7
02-20-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm looking forward to the war with Iran. There haven't been nearly enough cool videos of blowing shit up out of Iraq recently.

Gerryatrics
02-21-2006, 08:40 AM
The nice thing about Iran is we can just bomb the hell out of them without having to stick around and clean up the mess.

But seriously, a condemnation doesn't exactly mean we're going to war. How many thousands of times has the U.N. condemned whichever random country, and how often does the U.N. back up any of their strongly worded letters or declarations?

Oh, by the way, does this mean we are going to have a draft?

xrayzebra
02-21-2006, 10:06 AM
According the Dan, one (a draft) is just around the corner.

I for one am in favor of a draft. Even in peacetime, get the kids away from Mom and
find out what the world is all about.

Darrin
02-21-2006, 10:32 AM
So we're going to fight a 3-sided war now? Where is this money coming from?!?!?

Sec24Row7
02-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Certainly not Detroit. Your car manufacturers are broke and the rest of the money in that town is being spent on weed and Saturday night specials.

SA210
02-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I for one am in favor of a draft. Even in peacetime, get the kids away from Mom and
Yea, why don't You, gtown, Vasher, Yoni and AggiesHoopfan be the 1st guinea pig's to go to Iraq and Iran with that draft? Bunch of tough guys yall are. :rolleyes

xrayzebra
02-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Yea, why don't You, gtown, Vasher, Yoni and AggiesHoopfan be the 1st guinea pig's to go to Iraq and Iran with that draft? Bunch of tough guys yall are. :rolleyes

Like I told you before, I would go in a New York Min if they would
recall me, but they don't want men my age. I gave them over twenty,
how many you want to give them. I'm sure you can do your charity
work over there, provided you don't lose you head over it. Pun intended.

SA210
02-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Like I told you before, I would go in a New York Min if they would
recall me, but they don't want men my age. I gave them over twenty,
how many you want to give them. I'm sure you can do your charity
work over there, provided you don't lose you head over it. Pun intended.
Why wait for a recall? Go beg them to let you go, both you and Vashner, since yall are so gung ho about sending people to die in these wars.

Don't wait for a recall, go beg them, and tell them that you NEED to do this no matter what limitations you have. Screw it, since yall feel so strongly about these wars, try crossing over illegally and go fight, or do whatever necessary to get there. For America!

I didn't think so.
Talk is cheap.

Darrin
02-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Certainly not Detroit. Your car manufacturers are broke and the rest of the money in that town is being spent on weed and Saturday night specials.

Fuck you, you two-toothed hillbilly racist Fox News worshiping, cousin-marrying, oil-drinking, I've-seen-too-many-John-Wayne-movies asshole.

Is that the response you wanted? Perpetuating stereotypes is a two-way street.

Sec24Row7
02-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Pretty much. Nothing you said really insults me.

I love John Wayne, and you still live in Detroit. :spin

Darrin
02-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Pretty much. Nothing you said really insults me.

I love John Wayne, and you still live in Detroit. :spin

And Detroit is still in the country you claim to love.

Sec24Row7
02-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Never claimed to love the US.

I love what it was, but it's full of a bunch of whining losers who are destroying a few centuries of hard work now.

Oh, Gee!!
02-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Never claimed to love the US.

I love what it was, but it's full of a bunch of whining losers who are destroying a few centuries of hard work now.

sounds like a white power rally

Sec24Row7
02-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Never been to one.

Don't have any particular urge to be tied to a burning cross.

Darrin
02-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Never been to one.

Yeah, much better we get those poor whining bitches on those crosses, right? They're just taking up the space for the rest of us hard workers.

Sec24Row7
02-21-2006, 02:16 PM
Actually I would put anyone who would attend a white power rally under the "whining bitch" category.

Oh, Gee!!
02-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Never been to one.

they don't tie up fellow racists

Sec24Row7
02-21-2006, 02:27 PM
calling someone a racist that doesn't agree with you on social issues is like the national pastime.

I really think we need an arena for it where we can hold matches.

This week

Angry college educated black guy vs middle class overworked mid level white GM employee.

Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster

Darrin
02-21-2006, 02:40 PM
calling someone a racist that doesn't agree with you on social issues is like the national pastime.

I really think we need an arena for it where we can hold matches.

This week

Angry college educated black guy vs middle class overworked mid level white GM employee.

Tickets on sale now at Ticketmaster

WWWED

smeagol
02-21-2006, 02:45 PM
I was not aware sec24row7 was such an idiot.

Hey Xray, if you are too old you should tell your sons or grandsons to go.

xrayzebra
02-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Why wait for a recall? Go beg them to let you go, both you and Vashner, since yall are so gung ho about sending people to die in these wars.

Don't wait for a recall, go beg them, and tell them that you NEED to do this no matter what limitations you have. Screw it, since yall feel so strongly about these wars, try crossing over illegally and go fight, or do whatever necessary to get there. For America!

I didn't think so.
Talk is cheap.

You really are a loser lady. What I have done to try is my business, but
what you do, you make everyone's business. Go back under your bridges
and spend some more of the taxpayers money. You haven't a clue what
goes on in this world. Just let your heart bleed on your sleeve and bash
Bush. Sheeeesh, you really do get my dander up. You say you are a man
act like one just once in awhile.

xrayzebra
02-21-2006, 06:02 PM
I was not aware sec24row7 was such an idiot.

Hey Xray, if you are too old you should tell your sons or grandsons to go.

Well, got some in the military. How bout getting you butt in gear. Course
you are setting in some God forsaken country throwing stones at the
country you wished you lived in.

SA210
02-22-2006, 09:57 AM
You really are a loser lady. What I have done to try is my business, but
what you do, you make everyone's business. Go back under your bridges
and spend some more of the taxpayers money. You haven't a clue what
goes on in this world. Just let your heart bleed on your sleeve and bash
Bush. Sheeeesh, you really do get my dander up. You say you are a man
act like one just once in awhile.

I'm a looser? Because you, Vashner and a couple of others in here actually are just a bunch of wimps?

That's what I thought. Go ahead and use another wimps lines (gtown) too;
calling me a lady. Yall are the ones that really support sending thousands to die in these wars that yall want in your fairytale world.

It Is my business, because you want to send people in my family and friends to fight a war that YOU want. And stop using that scapegoat about me and charity. I haven't brought anything like that up. You, gtown, and fatZak do. And I see that's the best you can do because your really just a wimp and calling someone else a lady makes you feel more like a man.

You support the waste of taxpayer dollars sending thousands upon thousand to their death. But I guess you like your money going into something if people are dying in great numbers. Shows how tough you are.

I'll give you a pointer OLD LADY. You, Vashner, Yoni, FatZak, AHF and gtown,
Go sign up for the war, go fight for America! Do it for your freedom.

Draft yourselves.

If you feel so strong about it you wouldn't be here would you?
Or would yall?

Yea, I figured that.
We can see who the real ladies/wimps are.

xrayzebra
02-22-2006, 10:00 AM
^^nice rate, wished you had something worth responding to.

SA210
02-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Why are you ignoring it, wimp?

Oh, I just answered my own question.

101A
02-22-2006, 11:40 AM

I thought that was what Matamoras was for.
:drunk

RandomGuy
02-22-2006, 08:07 PM

That would be the worst thing we could do to our military. We have an excellent force now, and starting a draft would do little more than fill the ranks of our military with people who don't want to be there, and have ZERO motivation.

Here is a thought experiment...
You can have your draft, but YOU will be given an infantry company of the results and put in combat where your life depends on a bunch of people that resent the hell out of you and the system that made them be there. Add some extra rear-facing body armor...