Nbadan
02-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Bush: U.S. on Verge of Energy Breakthrough
By DEB RIECHMANN, Associated Press Writer
Monday, February 20, 2006
(02-20) 13:44 PST MILWAUKEE (AP) --

http://www.vtfpr.org/energy/img/chips.jpg
Fuel of the future?

Saying the nation is on the verge of technological breakthroughs that would "startle" most Americans, President Bush on Monday outlined his energy proposals to help wean the country off foreign oil.

Less than half the crude oil used by refineries is produced in the United States, while 60 percent comes from foreign nations, Bush said during the first stop on a two-day trip to talk about energy.

One of Bush's proposals would expand research into smaller, longer-lasting batteries for electric-gas hybrid cars, including plug-ins. He highlighted that initiative with a visit Monday to the battery center at Milwaukee-based auto-parts supplier Johnson Controls Inc.

During his trip, Bush is also focusing on a proposal to increase investment in development of clean electric power sources, and proposals to speed the development of biofuels such as "cellulosic" ethanol made from wood chips or sawgrass.

http://www.villagevoice.com/blogs/bushbeat/archive/images/bush-clearing-brush.jpg
Doing his part to resolve our energy crisis?

exstatic
02-20-2006, 07:31 PM
I wonder if he has permission from his handlers to discuss alternate energy this time? They were pretty pissed after the SOTU speech.

boutons_
02-20-2006, 08:14 PM
What's the energy content of Repug bullshit? An infinitely renewable resource.

Pero
02-21-2006, 05:59 AM
This is hilarious. This kind of stuff has been around for some time. Why wait untill now to start implementing it? I guess later is still better than never, but I wonder how this will effect the economy.

What's the energy content of Repug bullshit? An infinitely renewable resource.

:lol

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2006, 06:02 AM
The thing I never got about plug in cars. Yes, they are run by electricity, but aren't they plugged into a socket inherently run by fossil fuels.

boutons_
02-21-2006, 08:14 AM
"run by fossil fuels"

yes, when the electrical plants are gas or (dirty) coal-fired (dubya/dickhead are protecting dirty coal plants from installing scrubbers, hurts the energy co's' profits, but really not since they get their purchased state energy commissions to approve rate hikes).

That's why even the greens are looking again at nuclear as the least worst/cleanest energy source.

Dos
02-21-2006, 08:39 AM
we'd probably save tons on energy of liberals lived in caves and rode bikes.. oh yeah and were not able to use energy to power their computers... yeah energy is evil.. lol

xrayzebra
02-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Really no shortage of energy, just that the greenies and other kooks keep fighting
and winning by getting the Pols to keep our energy companies from going after it.
Ruins the view, you know. And some of it might seep onto the pretty white sand.

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Really no shortage of energy, just that the greenies and other kooks keep fighting
and winning by getting the Pols to keep our energy companies from going after it.
Ruins the view, you know. And some of it might seep onto the pretty white sand.

I don't know if it's considered a shortage of energy, but I'd like the gas prices to stop sucking

Darrin
02-21-2006, 01:08 PM
we'd probably save tons on energy of liberals lived in caves and rode bikes.. oh yeah and were not able to use energy to power their computers... yeah energy is evil.. lol

This liberal doesn't own a car.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-21-2006, 03:13 PM
oh really
he has proposals?
he's proposed to talk about new energy sources?

Broken.Fucking.Record.

Let's wait another 20 years to see the next proposals of George Bush III and i bet there will still be no new widely available energy source

xrayzebra
02-21-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't know if it's considered a shortage of energy, but I'd like the gas prices to stop sucking

Then write your rep and tell him to let the companies go after the fuel.
Really that simple.

xrayzebra
02-21-2006, 06:17 PM
"let the companies go after the fuel"

:lmao

you're surprisingly naive for allegedly being an oldtimer, xray

these companies are making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off higher gas prices

You really think so? I don't. Yeah, they are making money. That is what
they are in the business for. God help us if they don't. You know retailers
are making lots of money off gas too. When oil companies cut prices many
retailers didn't. Hell, look at beer companies, water companies, you know
those that sell the bottle water. Are they wrong? Do you drink the
bottle water. Bet 50 percent of folks on this board does and nary a beep
about the profit they make. And what about the pollution of all those
plastic bottle being thrown away. Yeah, I really am naive.

Peter
02-21-2006, 06:34 PM
This liberal doesn't own a car.

How do you believe the food, clothing, books, etc...which you purchase were produced and transported to you? What provides the electricity which you use to power the PC you are using to visit this site?

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2006, 06:47 PM
"let the companies go after the fuel"

:lmao

you're surprisingly naive for allegedly being an oldtimer, xray

these companies are making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ off higher gas prices

40% profit increase by Exxon, damn right

xrayzebra
02-22-2006, 09:58 AM
40% increase of what. How bout when they weren't making much of anything.