PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion. Should Marijuana be legalized?

IceColdBrewski
02-21-2006, 12:58 AM
The Ricky Williams thread in the NFL forum got me thinking about it. It seems to be sparking somewhat of a debate. Should it be considered a "drug", or not?

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-21-2006, 01:01 AM
I'm apt to vote yes.

I'm not a pot smoker, but why not make some money off of it if you're the gummint?

SequSpur
02-21-2006, 01:03 AM
No.

Horry For 3!
02-21-2006, 01:05 AM
I don't care if it is or not.

I vote.....

Don't Care.

disruptivehair
02-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Sure, why not. We'll make plenty off taxing it.

ZStomp
02-21-2006, 01:29 AM
I don't care if it is or not.

I vote.....

Don't Care.

me too. Who cares.

TimothyLeary
02-21-2006, 01:29 AM
Yes.

Boris
02-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Yes.

The sone
02-21-2006, 02:30 AM

not really people will just grow their own. thats why the govt wont legalize it. you cant really make your own booze with out going through a bunch of steps or cigs. the gov can tax those...but not mary jane. its just "set it and forget it!" therefore the gov dont want it. if its legalized many of those who smoke cigs and drink booze will switch their vice...

Nbadan
02-21-2006, 02:33 AM
It should be legalized, but it won't. Too many people making too much money.

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2006, 03:33 AM
not really people will just grow their own. thats why the govt wont legalize it. you cant really make your own booze with out going through a bunch of steps or cigs. the gov can tax those...but not mary jane. its just "set it and forget it!" therefore the gov dont want it. if its legalized many of those who smoke cigs and drink booze will switch their vice...

*ding * *ding* *ding*

Spam
02-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Light it don't hide it.

SpursWoman
02-21-2006, 08:49 AM
I vote.....

Don't Care.

:drunk

Shelly
02-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Yes. For medicinal purposes, definitely.

1Parker1
02-21-2006, 09:29 AM
As Sean Paul says, Legalize it, Time to Recognize It.......We be burnin, not concernin what nobody has to say...

(that is, only for medical purposes!)

Jimcs50
02-21-2006, 10:09 AM

You can not tax it. That is why it will not be legalized. You can just grow your own with little trouble.

The drug companies who line the pockets of every congressman will never ever allow Marajuana to be legalized.

Why you ask? Because all the pain medication companies would take a huge hit that is why. Marajuana is one of the best natural pain medications known to man, and it is dirt cheap compared to most of what is available to all the cancer, glaucoma, arthritis and headache sufferers out there.

The US Govt is not for the people, it is for themselves and for them making money for themselves. Anyone knows that.

Alcohol and cigarettes have killed more people directly or indirectly led to the death of more US citizens than every war or murder in the history of this country, but the Govt makes billions on taxing them, so they stay legal. If that is not hypocracy at it's worst, then I do not know what is.

Jimcs50
02-21-2006, 10:11 AM
oops, did not read down...this was already brought up....well, I just added some to the point.

Old School Chic
02-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Yes. For medicinal purposes, definitely.

:tu

midgetonadonkey
02-21-2006, 10:31 AM
As Sean Paul says, Legalize it, Time to Recognize It

Actually Peter Tosh said that first, but you make a valid point.

CharlieMac
02-21-2006, 10:34 AM
You can not tax it. That is why it will not be legalized. You can just grow your own with little trouble.

The drug companies who line the pockets of every congressman will never ever allow Marajuana to be legalized.

Why you ask? Because all the pain medication companies would take a huge hit that is why. Marajuana is one of the best natural pain medications known to man, and it is dirt cheap compared to most of what is available to all the cancer, glaucoma, arthritis and headache sufferers out there.

The US Govt is not for the people, it is for themselves and for them making money for themselves. Anyone knows that.

Alcohol and cigarettes have killed more people directly or indirectly led to the death of more US citizens than every war or murder in the history of this country, but the Govt makes billions on taxing them, so they stay legal. If that is not hypocracy at it's worst, then I do not know what is.

Couldn't they regulate it like every other drug? I would think there would be a lot of money to be made with marijuana.

Phenomanul
02-21-2006, 11:02 AM

Are there marijuana pills??? Smoking that stuff is as carcinogenic to the delicate alveolic tissues in the lungs as regular cigars or cigarettes (minus the lead, benzene, formaldehyde, etc...).

Plus marijuana tends to create carbon monoxide fumes when it burns so that is an added threat...

George W Bush
02-21-2006, 11:19 AM
ahh, what the heck!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/livindeadboi/animated_bush_smoke2.gif

I'm George W Bush and I approve of Mary Jane :tu

pache100
02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
My answer has nothing to do with Ricky Williams, but...yes.

Ricky Williams is an idiot who prefers to smoke pot to using his god-given talent to make a lot of money by playing football. I hope his lazy stupid ass has to pay back every penny of that $8M.

ObiwanGinobili
02-21-2006, 11:40 AM

exactly.

:tu I vote legalize it.
And thats not becacsue I'm a 'pot-head'... I'm allergic to pot. (so's my mom)

plus I thin kthe whole war on drugs is retarded.

samikeyp
02-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Legalize it and tax the shit out of it. Put the tax money into education.

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2006, 11:54 AM
exactly.

:tu I vote legalize it.
And thats not becacsue I'm a 'pot-head'... I'm allergic to pot. (so's my mom)

plus I thin kthe whole war on drugs is retarded.

We can't tax what someone can grow in their closet.

ObiwanGinobili
02-21-2006, 12:06 PM
We can't tax what someone can grow in their closet.

How many people in Holland & Denmark grow their own?
Those Govnmt's still make :bling :bling

Mixability
02-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Yes, less one-time offenders in jail, more cell room for REAL criminals.

:smokin

Boris
02-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Are there marijuana pills??? Smoking that stuff is as carcinogenic to the delicate alveolic tissues in the lungs as regular cigars or cigarettes (minus the lead, benzene, formaldehyde, etc...).

Plus marijuana tends to create carbon monoxide fumes when it burns so that is an added threat...

I'm no scientist all I know is that I like to smoke it.

Home Grown can be very good indeed.

Mixability
02-21-2006, 12:18 PM
I'm no scientist all I know is that I like to smoke it.

Home Grown can be very good indeed.

Home Grown > Mass Produced :smokin

Jimcs50
02-21-2006, 12:45 PM

not in the doses that you get from marajuana. Nobody smokes 20-30 joints a day, so there has never been any long term problems in the lungs from marijuana in any medical journal.

Some people smoke 1-3 a day at the very most, and most people just smoke it every blue moon, like myself, so there is really no reason to worry about cancer for these people.

JoeChalupa
02-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Some people smoke 1-3 a day at the very most, and most people just smoke it every blue moon, like myself, so there is really no reason to worry about cancer for these people.

I need to stop wearing these http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/95132/2/istockphoto_95132_blue_shades_1.jpg so I don't see this
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/62313main_Kostian1_med.JPG .

Jimcs50
02-21-2006, 12:57 PM
I need to stop wearing these http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/95132/2/istockphoto_95132_blue_shades_1.jpg so I don't see this
http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/62313main_Kostian1_med.JPG .

:lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-21-2006, 01:09 PM

Maybe that's where my thoughts lie more.

There are far too many people in jail for smoking or posession of marijuana. At least the people I know who smoke do it in their own homes and pretty much just hang out without causing anybody any harm.

desflood
02-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I see I'm in the right place. Somebody hook me up :lol

BIG DADDY JOSH
02-21-2006, 01:14 PM
oh man...i would love to get high any time i wanted and not worry bout the po-po or drug tests.....that would be sweet.

1Parker1
02-21-2006, 01:18 PM
A little off topic, but my professor the other day brought up a "conspiracy theory" which I thought was a load of crap, but apparantly a lot of people agreed with him. He said that he's sure researchers have already found a cure for Cancer, but he thinks that government and Big Pharma will never let it go on market due to the fact that they'd lose billions of dollars of money. Has anyone ever heard of this?

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-21-2006, 01:20 PM
A little off topic, but my professor the other day brought up a "conspiracy theory" which I thought was a load of crap, but apparantly a lot of people agreed with him. He said that he's sure researchers have already found a cure for Cancer, but he thinks that government and Big Pharma will never let it go on market due to the fact that they'd lose billions of dollars of money. Has anyone ever heard of this?

I've heard the general basis for the theory, but never had it fully thought out or even thought through totally.

Jimcs50
02-21-2006, 01:21 PM

This could be true.

Also there will probably never be a cure for AIDs as well, because the treatment drugs are so damn profitable for the drug companies

ObiwanGinobili
02-21-2006, 01:23 PM
on the conspiracy theories:

I don't subscribe to them pre se.
BUT - I do believer thta al lthe political bullshit, the $$, and the endless redtape have delayed cures or more effective treatment for AIDS and Cancer. Things I feel are way past due.

Mixability
02-21-2006, 01:24 PM
There are far too many people in jail for smoking or posession of marijuana. At least the people I know who smoke do it in their own homes and pretty much just hang out without causing anybody any harm.

Blazin' Dro and Making Beats is my weekend routine. Nothing like knocking back a few 18 packs and a brick of MJ. :drunk :smokin

Cant_Be_Faded
02-21-2006, 01:24 PM

Another peice of indesputable scientific fact from the respected private vaults of hegamboa.

Shelly
02-21-2006, 01:29 PM

My neighbor, who is a nurse, has thought this also. And she works with cancer patients.

Shelly
02-21-2006, 01:31 PM
And why haven't they found a cure for the common cold, dammit!

Mixability
02-21-2006, 01:31 PM
My nieghbor, who is a nurse, has thought this also. And she works with cancer patients.

The same idea with the water powered car.

1Parker1
02-21-2006, 01:32 PM
This could be true.

Also there will probably never be a cure for AIDs as well, because the treatment drugs are so damn profitable for the drug companies

Yea he also mentioned AID's as well as cancer. He amde some vague point like how is it possible that scientists can build rockets and send people to the moon, but after all this time and research and money, they haven't found a cure for cancer?

1Parker1
02-21-2006, 01:34 PM
God, if this is true I think that has to be one of the most tragic flaws in our society...imagine how many people die every year of cancer and AID's...and if they've had a cure this whole time for it...:depressed

Cant_Be_Faded
02-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Yea he also mentioned AID's as well as cancer. He amde some vague point like how is it possible that scientists can build rockets and send people to the moon, but after all this time and research and money, they haven't found a cure for cancer?

There are shitloads of cancers.

Also, we went to the moon when it was favorable to the government and the powerful in america.
We'll never have an available cure for cancers because it is exactly those people who are giving us cancer today.
Industries tainting the water supplies, jets and chem trails tainting the air, dupont 'accidentally' lacing teflon with a cancer causing agent, "C8", them claiming they had no knowledge of its effects, the government doing nothing to get them to release test documents from the 60's, and so on and so on

theres too much money to gain from allowing cancer to kill us when we're in our mid 60s
not to mention the population control factor

Mixability
02-21-2006, 01:38 PM
God, if this is true I think that has to be one of the most tragic flaws in our society...imagine how many people die every year of cancer and AID's...and if they've had a cure this whole time for it...:depressed

Wasn't there a rumor that AIDS was created as a form of population control. Not that I believe that, just wanted to add fuel to the fire.

Shelly
02-21-2006, 01:42 PM
I think Cancer is hard to cure because there are so many different types. I guess one could argue that cancer is curable...if caught early enough.

CharlieMac
02-21-2006, 01:43 PM

Like DUI's.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-21-2006, 01:44 PM
I'm speaking partly out of my ass but don't they just bombard the patient with toxins and xrays constantly until their own body is too weak to reproduce the cancer thereby sending the cancer into remission
Either that or cut something off

I'd hardly call that a cure

Shelly
02-21-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm speaking partly out of my ass but don't they just bombard the patient with toxins and xrays constantly until their own body is too weak to reproduce the cancer thereby sending the cancer into remission
Either that or cut something off

I'd hardly call that a cure

I'm sure cancer survivors would beg to differ.

Mixability
02-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Like DUI's.

DUI offenders need to get locked up IMO.

BigZak
02-21-2006, 06:27 PM
No. Think of the Children!!!

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Wasn't there a rumor that AIDS was created as a form of population control. Not that I believe that, just wanted to add fuel to the fire.

Yes, it was created by God to be the death of homosexuals, but he didn't take into account bisexuals

God, if this is true I think that has to be one of the most tragic flaws in our society...imagine how many people die every year of cancer and AID's...and if they've had a cure this whole time for it...

Well it's documented that Pharm companies have stopped making drugs that work cancer victims, because it costs too much to make. Which just goes to show you Phrm companies=pricks.

BigZak
02-21-2006, 06:51 PM
money is in the treatment, not the cure.

Samr
02-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Legalize it. Without a doubt.

Marijuana is, technically, a weed, which is why it is so easy to grow. But so is tobacco, and you don't see many people growing their own. The difference is convenience and science. It is easier to go to the store and buy a pack of cigs than it is to grow your own, and wrap it (which is what wrapping papers are "for" anyway). If marijuana was legalized, science would take over and grow it under the ideal conditions, resulting in a better high using less bud. Look at what they do with corn, for example. Then they would sell it in stores, and it would be easier to buy a pack of mary jane than it would be to grow your own.

What is stopping the govt is that there is not a way to test for it in the field, i.e. a field sobriety test for alcohol. If there was a cheap and efficient way, I think it would be legal. However, it depends on the person as to what ammount of TCH impairs you. It takes less alcohol to completely destroy your abilities to drive, while MJ doesn't impair you in a similar way. You can still drive. It isn't advised, but it isn't even close to the impairment caused by alcohol.

What is worrying politicians is when our generation becomes president. For us, MJ isn't that big of a deal. It's accepted, and while some people prefer to abstain, we've grown up around it. It's a vice of our generation. So what happens when it isn't a big deal to the President, or those in congress? It becomes legal.

Unfortunately, I don't think this will happen for a while. I'll be an adult, with kids of my own, and I'm sure my attitude will change. But it will happen. It's inevitable.

Marklar MM
02-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Hell fuggin yes it should be legalized. They are waging the wrong wars over drugs...leave weed alone and go after crystal meth and pcp.

TheAdmiral#50
02-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Yes

Trainwreck2100
02-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Yes

Peter
02-21-2006, 10:29 PM
The one conspiracy theory that every pothead I've encountered hangs their hat on is that Hearst used his media outlets to disparage marijuana as the drug of choice for lazy Hispanics in order to protect his timber investments from hemp becoming a major source for paper.

Anyways, for whatever reason, weed is generally illegal in our society because it's always been. There's an institutional and cultural inertia against it. To say that it should be illegal because it impairs one's faculties is rather silly when you consider the effects of alcohol use and its impact on society.

From my perspective, I'd like to be able to make the choice when it comes to what I'd like to use. I'm not sure why that choice has to be made for us.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-21-2006, 11:40 PM
If marijuana was legalized, science would take over and grow it under the ideal conditions, resulting in a better high using less bud. Look at what they do with corn, for example

lol it doesn't have to be legal for them to do that
it's already been done

(see: 'dro, endo, dank, kind, bomb ass weed, cannabis cup)

The sone
02-22-2006, 12:19 AM
growing w is A lot harder than it sounds or looks (growing, curing it correctly)

uhhhh...no its not.

Mixability
02-22-2006, 02:01 AM
It takes less alcohol to completely destroy your abilities to drive, while MJ doesn't impair you in a similar way. You can still drive. It isn't advised, but it isn't even close to the impairment caused by alcohol.

I like to get so blown that I can't find my own keys. :hat :lol

pache100
02-22-2006, 10:25 AM
growing w is A lot harder than it sounds or looks (growing, curing it correctly)

Growing marijuana is not hard. Believe me, if it was hard, some of the pot-heads I have known could not have done it. These guys lived outside Marion back in the 80s. They grew marijuana down in the weeds at the edge of the woods at the back of their 4 acres. They'd run low on their regular stash and I have seen them go down there, cut the leaves off a few plants, come back and dry it in the oven set on low temp for a few hours, and get high as a kite. Nothin' hard about that.

it would be much easier and FASTER to go down to the store and buy a pack of j's

Depends on where you live and how much money you got. The nearest convenience store to where these guys lived was about 8 miles away. And they never had any money, what little they did have they spent on beer.

there is no conspiracy around a cure for cancer--do you think you could get a DOCTOR to shut up about it?

Yes. If you offered them enough money (cut them in on the pharmaceuticals to a high enough level). Yes. Without a doubt. Yes.

Brutalis
02-22-2006, 02:06 PM
well now we know st.com is a bunch of pot heads

Mixability
02-22-2006, 02:22 PM
and it isn't Curing correctly by placing it in an oven for a few hours
\
maybe ok for some dirty reggie

but if w was legal, the stuff in stores would BLOW homegrowers shit away, hands fucking down

my guess is that you've only blown schwag.

Mixability
02-22-2006, 02:29 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lol :lol :lo

they have damn good schwiggity in amsterdam

I'm cancelling my trip then, if you say that mass produced > home grown.

Hmmm, yeah, I'd rather have some Chips Ahoy, then some cookies my girl just made.... :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
02-22-2006, 02:35 PM
well now we know st.com is a bunch of pot heads

Keep in mund mouse has like 50 aliases all able to vote.

Mixability
02-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Keep in mund mouse has like 50 aliases all able to vote.

:lmao

pache100
02-22-2006, 03:33 PM
and it isn't Curing correctly by placing it in an oven for a few hours

I didn't say it was done "correctly" (what the hell does that mean, anyway). I said they did it and got high as a kite. They didn't do it every day or they wouldn't have had any plants left; they usually had product they got from someone in Mexico who'd bring it up here. But, sometimes things got a little hot for that guy and he'd lay low for a few days or weeks. That's when they'd get desperate. I'd be willing to bet there are more people around like them that you could even guess; all most guys want is to get high...when you don't make a lot of money, like these guys, you aren't that picky. The bottom line is IT IS NOT HARD TO GROW. If it were, I guarantee you, these bozos could never have done it.

but if w was legal, the stuff in stores would BLOW homegrowers shit away, hands fucking down

As I said, if you can't afford it, it doesn't matter. If you have no money and no way to get any (above what you have to have for rent, utilities, and groceries...and sometimes those things are iffy for the people I'm talking about), you'll settle for much less. And, IT'S NOT HARD TO GROW. Especially here.

Mixability
02-22-2006, 03:46 PM
why would you cancel your trip? the stuff they sell in amsterdam coffee shops is the definition of mass-produced w

and cookies not = w

I've had mass produced, and it doesn't measure up to some very well maintained homegrown. I like my 'dro more hand's on, which is better than the stuff I've got off a brick.

My cookie analogy was to emphasize the fact that you prefer the drug companies mass produce MJ because they'd be better at it. If that's the case, you'd also prefer store bought cookie, because they HAVE to be better :rolleyes than a good ol' homebaked cookie by your grandma.

Mixability
02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
the w industry will be more comparable to tobacco and alcohol than pharmaceutical

plus people are LAZY, some people can't grow plants
most people don't have the patience
and the plant stinks
and you don't get THAT much off one plant.

seriously, it's not hard to do.
have you tried? or is this second hand knowledge?
I find it funny that you find it hard to grow MJ, much less just one plant. :lol

Mixability
02-22-2006, 03:59 PM
and trust me, if it were legal it would be SO cheap that you would be stupid to grow it yourself

So you think it wouldn't get taxed by the govt?

Marklar MM
02-22-2006, 04:25 PM
Yes please.
http://www.drugs-plaza.com/pictures/funny/big%20weed.jpg

Mixability
02-22-2006, 04:44 PM
here's a funny story:

back in my hs days, waaaaaaaaay back in 97, I went to a "jock" party. Now one of our dumbass football players was making stupid comments about my kill. He said that he gets better MJ from Cali and blah blah blah. I knew, I absolutely knew he was bullshitting and just playing it up for his friends/girls there.

So I offered him a blunt for him to "try". A whole blunt all to himself, I knew he wouldn't decline. I told him I had my swishers and scissors in my car and I'd roll it in there and bring him back a fat choco.

I literally pulled grass from his lawn and pieces of leaves and what not. I went back inside, lit my pipe and puffed with him. I asked him, "how is it". He said, "it gets me high, but I've had better" Talk about a "bag of sand" moment for him. I told him, "thats weird, you're smoking your lawn". His final response, "they don't call it lawn in Cali". He NEVER lived it down, good thing it was towards the end of his Senior year. I called him "Lawnmower Man" for the remainder of the year.

Marklar MM
02-22-2006, 04:53 PM
here's a funny story:

back in my hs days, waaaaaaaaay back in 97, I went to a "jock" party. Now one of our dumbass football players was making stupid comments about my kill. He said that he gets better MJ from Cali and blah blah blah. I knew, I absolutely knew he was bullshitting and just playing it up for his friends/girls there.

So I offered him a blunt for him to "try". A whole blunt all to himself, I knew he wouldn't decline. I told him I had my swishers and scissors in my car and I'd roll it in there and bring him back a fat choco.

I literally pulled grass from his lawn and pieces of leaves and what not. I went back inside, lit my pipe and puffed with him. I asked him, "how is it". He said, "it gets me high, but I've had better" Talk about a "bag of sand" moment for him. I told him, "thats weird, you're smoking your lawn". His final response, "they don't call it lawn in Cali". He NEVER lived it down, good thing it was towards the end of his Senior year. I called him "Lawnmower Man" for the remainder of the year.

So how does the lawn smoke?

Mixability
02-22-2006, 05:19 PM
So how does the lawn smoke?

The lawn was good enough to get him pretty high! :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
02-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Naturally if all you wanted was some W in a few months all you have to do is plant the seed and keep it watered. naturally. You can throw seeds in random places and a little sprout appears very quickly.

But if you want to grow the high end stuff, maximize your yield and potency (which includes curing and taking care of it correctly) it isn't as easy as you're saying. If growing plants under optimum conditions and optimizing the result were easy why do some people suck at gardening and pruning and what not

You have to have just the right ph, light, nutrients, water, etc
all throughout the growing process

And that's just the stuff I thought of off the top of my head.

If you have some bomb ass yellowbone and just plant it and forget about it, yeah you'll probably get some W in a few months, and yeah, you'd probably get high as a kite....but you could have twice as much with twice as much potency if you did it right

JoeChalupa
02-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Back in '80 I had a real nice plant growing in my room and was chillin' and I didn't realize that the cops had shown up our house and the next thing I know one of my roommates walks into the room and yanks it out of the pot!
Just as I was going to say "WTF are you doing!?" I noticed the cop at the door.

They were cool and just took the plant and I KNOW he saw the tray of buds under my bed but didn't say anything. But we were a house full of Marines and they actually joked around with us told us to keep down the noise.

Needless to say I had to burn one to calm my nerves.

You don't have to be a horticulture geek to grow some quality HG.

pache100
02-23-2006, 08:15 AM
You don't have to be a horticulture geek to grow some quality HG.

No, you don't. But some "high end" growers sure have a lot of people fooled, don't they?