PDA

View Full Version : Got a job interview today

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-21-2006, 10:33 AM
The interview's at 1, so I figured starting a thread now would leave enough time to round up sufficient well wishes and prayers that I won't bomb it completely. Advice would be welcome too. I'm pretty well prepared but it never hurts to ask for advice.

Also, use this thread to post any funny/disastrous job interview stories you have. I could use a laugh today, and having a few worst case scenarios in mind will keep me on my toes.

Old School Chic
02-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Best of luck to you! :elephant

Everything will be ok...

midgetonadonkey
02-21-2006, 10:35 AM
I once interviewed a lady that showed up in a dirty tshirt that had a confederate flag on it and filthy tennis shoes. She was hardcore trailer trash. She didn't even brush her hair or anything.

Good luck dude. Just one tip for you, don't fart during the interview.

Taco
02-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Good Luck Buddy

Hope it goes well

1Parker1
02-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Good Luck and act confident, even if you aren't. :tu

angel_luv
02-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Congrats. I will pray for you and am sure you will be awesome. :)

Pistons < Spurs
02-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Good luck! :tu :tu

Taco
02-21-2006, 03:51 PM
How Did It Go?

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-21-2006, 04:11 PM
The interview went well, though it was a lot shorter than I expected. When I scheduled it the guy said 30-45 minutes, but the whole thing lasted about 15. He told me up front it would be short since he had told all the candidates that it would take that long but that was so he could go over the exact particulars of the job as the online description was kinda sketchy. The position I applied for is my old boss' job, who I worked for about 3 years so I had a pretty good idea of what her job entailed, so that shortened things considerably. What shortened it even further was that the interviewer was my old boss' supervisor, so he was already aware of my work history and all the other stuff that he might want to ask about. So he only asked me one or two questions, I asked him one, and that was about it.

My mind keeps racing back and forth between possible scenarios. The first is that the guy was just humoring me because they have to interview a minimum number of candidates and it could be that there weren't many applications. This would contradict what he told me earlier and I generally trust the guy, but the shortened interview makes me nervous. The other option is that I'm the odds on favorite and he basically had to interview me as procedure. Of course, without knowing anything about the other three people he interviewed it's all merely conjecture. He said I'd hear back from him one way or another hopefully by Friday, possibly Monday.

easjer
02-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Except I don't think they are required to interview four. I know they have to interview two (unless it has been posted for a certain length of time with less than three qualified applicants). I know HR prefers three for legal protection. But they are under no obligation to interview four.

I really feel good about this, honey. I hope I'm not off base, but I feel good about this.

Taco
02-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

ShoogarBear
02-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Whatever you do, don't say "bla bla bla".

SpursWoman
02-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Whatever you do, don't say "bla bla bla".

:lol :lol :lol

Good luck! :)

Joepa
02-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Let us know when you hear something.