PDA

View Full Version : Inside the Locker Room: Pacers 92 Celtics 91

Pooh
10-12-2003, 10:17 PM
Inside the Locker Room:
Pacers 92, Celtics 91

Oct. 11, 2003 at Conseco Fieldhouse

Coach Carlisle:

“That was a great effort by our team, especially those guys down the stretch. They gutted it out. As a staff, we decided early in the fourth quarter we would go with those guys sink or swim. We were able to get it done with true grit in a lot of ways. I was very happy for those guys, particularly James Jones, who goes in for spot minutes and gets thrown into the fire. He showed some real mettle out there."

"Ron Artest played as good as a floor game as we could have asked. He played a sensational all-around game."

"Jamaal Tinsley has been solid. He’s still trying to figure out what is expected of him; but he has been a very, very willing listener."

"I’ve said defense can keep you in there when you are struggling offensively. That last two and a half minutes, our guys did a good job scrambling defensively without fouling. I’m not big on style points. It comes down to getting enough stops and keeping your turnovers down.”

Ron Artest

“Everybody played together, worked hard, made some difficult shots, played tough defense and kept second shots at a minimum. We all had fun out there tonight and that’s what we intend to do for the year. It will not be easy, we will have obstacles, I will have obstacles; but we all must play through it.”

Primoz Brezec

“The first two years, I didn’t get much playing time. It looks as if I might get more time this year by working on defense and rebounding. I know that will keep me in the game, give me the additional minutes I want and I intend to work hard everyday in practice, use all the minutes that are allocated to me and make this team a winner.”

Jamaal Tinsley

“I wanted to come out and pressure my man on defense who is the ball handler. This will help our team as he can turn the ball over on occasion and that gives the ball to us. We wanted to limit them to one shot, block out, get the ball down on transition and get the easy basket if possible. If not, come out, set and get into our routine and try to run the offense. I think I am picking this up and I will continue to work hard.”

pacersrule03
10-12-2003, 10:30 PM
I like that Tins is finally ready to play some defense, i have a feeling this will be his break out season.

Pooh
10-13-2003, 03:03 PM
Tins has looked good so far in the first two exhibition games. He's shown some fantastic speed and ball handling. As the rest of the team learns Carlisle's style of play I know they all will get better as the season goes on.