PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Insider

Dunc
02-22-2006, 12:18 AM
Does anybody have an Insider membership with ESPN.com? I was wondering if somebody could post the article entitled "LeBron has Darko's back". Seems like an interesting story.

spurs=bling
02-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Not me :depressed

T-Pain
02-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Does anybody have an Insider membership with ESPN.com? I was wondering if somebody could post the article entitled "LeBron has Darko's back". Seems like an interesting story.

i think Kori has Insider

SenorSpur
02-22-2006, 02:32 AM
Here it is.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/13922923.htm

James hopes Orlando is magic for Milicic
No. 2 pick in 2003 Draft makes Magic debut
By Brian WindhorstBeacon Journal sportswriter

CLEVELAND - One of the biggest storylines at this year's All-Star Game was the further emergence of the NBA Draft Class of 2003 with members LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in the game, and Carmelo Anthony as a top snub.
There was not a single mention of Darko Milicic, the once mysterious 7-foot Serbian who went No. 2 behind James in that blockbuster draft.
Tonight could be the start of a change to that or, then again, maybe not. No one is sure, except maybe the Detroit Pistons, who gave up on Milicic last week when they traded him to the Orlando Magic. His debut, along with point guard Carlos Arroyo, who also came over in the deal for center Kelvin Cato, will come tonight at Quicken Loans Arena.
Buried on the end of former Pistons coach Larry Brown's bench, Milicic made no inroads with new coach Flip Saunders and was averaging just 1.6 points in 25 games mostly in mop-up duty. For his career, he's played in just 96 games and averaged 1.6 points and 1.2 rebounds.
``I hope he's successful for Orlando representing our class,'' James said Monday after the Cavs' first post-All-Star break practice.
``We've done a great job and taken a good course in this league and I hope he does, too.''
The Magic are in the midst of trying to remake themselves after another disappointing season. There have been heavy rumors that star point guard Steve Francis could be traded before Thursday's trading deadline.
That isn't the Cavs' concern tonight. They are 2-0 against the Magic this season and are looking to get off to a good start after the time off. Last season, they lost six out of seven following the All-Star Game to start a hugely disappointing close to the year.
``They are going to be different,'' Cavs coach Mike Brown said.
``I have not seen much of Darko; I know he's skilled and he can shoot the ball.''

Dunc
02-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Thanks a bunch. Not much of an article I guess, but the title intrigued me.

sanman53
02-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Seems like most of the articles on ESPN are becoming "insider" articles.

sanman53
02-22-2006, 07:31 PM
^--true true

are you from wv sanman?

been to parkersburg and thats' it

Yeah, Im from there. I lived about 2 hours south of P-burg, in the
"coal-fields". Did you go there recently?

gospursgojas
02-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Seems like most of the articles on ESPN are becoming "insider" articles.

Yeah I hate that

sanman53
02-22-2006, 09:57 PM
nah i went to visit a friend for Thanksgiving '01

:tu one of the most beautiful amazing places i ever saw in my life :tu

the downside was i couldn't get 'country roads' out of my head for weeks

Yeah, WV is a beautiful state, to visit! There are not a lot of jobs there (except coal mines), that is why I moved away. Im not a big fan of crawling underground in pitch black and breathing coal dust for 30 years. I totally respect those miners that do that daily. But yeah, WV is a beautiful state. I felt the same way the first time I visited Texas! I almost cried when I crossed the border! TX is a BEAUTIFUL state! I think if I ever got to visit San Antonio I would never leave. I think I would just live in my car.

GO COUNTRY ROADS GO!

Vinnie_Johnson
02-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Damn I hate Darko that lazy good for nothing sob.

scott
02-22-2006, 10:57 PM
"I want Darko to know I know what its like in his position, to be a high draft pick and never play or contribute to your team... actually, I don't... forget I said anything." -LeBron

Vinnie_Johnson
02-22-2006, 10:59 PM
"I want Darko to know I know what its like in his position, to be a high draft pick and never play or contribute to your team... actually, I don't... forget I said anything." -LeBron

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao