PDA

View Full Version : LeBron in the All Star Game.

DieMrBond
02-22-2006, 02:07 AM
I just recently managed to watch the All Star game in its entirety, and i was particularly suprised at how LeBron acted. In the entire game, i saw him make an entire 2 passes that lead (or almost) lead to baskets, and 1 non-assist pass. Every other time he had the ball he jacked up a 3, or took another shot fairly early in the shot clock.

Being unfamiliar with his game, as I dont get a chance to see many games, does he play like this normally with the Cavs? I havent seen a case of hogging the ball that bad in quite a while! He had so many open teammates, its like his sponsors demanded he go for the MVP or something?

To be fair, Tracy McGrady was playing in a similar fashion, but he at least passed the ball - and had a reason for taking that many shots - the game was on his home court, and the players from the West all wanted him to get the MVP, to cheer him up, or whatever.

My question is this, does LeBron play like that normally, was he being incredibly selfish (for a good, or bad reason) or does he just simply not get the point of the All Star game?

T-Pain
02-22-2006, 02:27 AM
I just recently managed to watch the All Star game in its entirety, and i was particularly suprised at how LeBron acted. In the entire game, i saw him make an entire 2 passes that lead (or almost) lead to baskets, and 1 non-assist pass. Every other time he had the ball he jacked up a 3, or took another shot fairly early in the shot clock.

Being unfamiliar with his game, as I dont get a chance to see many games, does he play like this normally with the Cavs? I havent seen a case of hogging the ball that bad in quite a while! He had so many open teammates, its like his sponsors demanded he go for the MVP or something?

To be fair, Tracy McGrady was playing in a similar fashion, but he at least passed the ball - and had a reason for taking that many shots - the game was on his home court, and the players from the West all wanted him to get the MVP, to cheer him up, or whatever.

My question is this, does LeBron play like that normally, was he being incredibly selfish (for a good, or bad reason) or does he just simply not get the point of the All Star game?

LeBron is actually one of my favorite players, along with Timmy and manu, and i have been able to watch the cavs play when they are available on national TV. LeBron is really not a selfish player, he does get a lot of assists and does pass the ball. i definitely wouldnt consider him a ballhog. i think he just took those 3s because he felt like he could make them and it was an exhibition game. In fact, he averages 6.6 assists/game in 42.2 minutes/game. i was pretty excited when he got the MVP, he deserved it.

Joepa
02-22-2006, 12:55 PM
I've never thought of LeBron as a selfish player; I think he is a pass first player at this point... In my opinion (not verified with the actual numbers) he passes more than D-Wade, who is a point guard.

1Parker1
02-22-2006, 01:03 PM
^D-Wade isn't a PG, he's a SG.

cheguevara
02-22-2006, 01:18 PM
only losers pass the ball in the allstar game

T-Pain
02-22-2006, 01:57 PM
lebron is lame

your lying to yourself

ducks
02-22-2006, 02:06 PM
you do not get a chance to see him
he is on national tv ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-22-2006, 02:38 PM

Little blue square under his name, leave the mouse for a couple of seconds there, it should pop the message: "DieMrBond is a Spurs fan from Australia". That's like a completely different country, dude.

DieMrBond
02-22-2006, 08:18 PM

They dont even show the local 'professional' NBL games on TV in Australia. The last time the NBA was on tv here was about 10 years ago. The only mention of the NBA recently was when Bogut was drafted. So yeah, i dont get to see much of him playing... but, i must agree Ducks, im almost there with you on the dislike of LeBron - he pissed me off at the all star game, thats for sure.

Thanks Manu'sMagicalLeftHand. :) Some people might not realise there are places outside of america.

JamStone
02-23-2006, 12:37 PM
lebron IS lame

he comes off as such a tool
a stupid, uneducated, conceited, ignorant tool

who's badass at basketball but will never be as good as if he went to college for 2 years

and his SIGNATURE DUNK is to jump as high as he can, hold the ball with one hand, and dunk it as hard as he can

WHOOOOOOOOOH!

The kid is already a top five player in the league at 21 years of age!

Hate is good.

Anyway, to the topic ...

LeBron was a ball hog in the all star game. But, it was the all star game. His problem is that he takes too many 3-pointers, even on his Cavs team. He thinks he's going to make them all. But, in any given game, he'll chuck up 3-5 unnecessary or forced 3-pointers simply because he thinks he'll make it and he has the greenlight, even if the shot selection of those 3-pointers are not very good. I think the same thing happened in the all star game. He just thought he was feeling it, and he chucked up a couple bad shots. Had he made more of them, perhaps people would not be so quick to call him out. He still was 4/10 and 40% is quite good from 3-pt range. The fact that it was TEN of them in a game with other all-star players does seem to indicate he was being a little bit of a ball hog.

cheguevara
02-23-2006, 12:39 PM
MJ >>>> Lebron always

T-Pain
02-24-2006, 02:09 PM
MJ >>>> Lebron always

duh, who think lebron is better than jordan