PDA

View Full Version : Duncan avg 14.7 points in feb

romsey31
02-22-2006, 06:40 AM
How the fuck do you guys keep winning???????????????????????????????

Detroit this.....
Mavs that......

NOBODY wants to see the SPurs....What happens when Duncan actually turns it up??/ Man this is scarey.

polandprzem
02-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Tim is like Jerome James

exstatic
02-22-2006, 07:42 AM
Tim is like Jerome James
Tim is NOTHING like that piece of shit Jerome James.

ZStomp
02-22-2006, 07:47 AM
I thought this thread was going to be bashing TD.

props.

Although i do wish the he was playing better.

RobinsontoDuncan
02-22-2006, 08:32 AM
i dont think he can turn in up. Im pretty sure that Plantar fracture thing is really bothering Tim, and I'm just worried that he wont have the ability to turn it up in May.

Here's to hoping Im wrong

101A
02-22-2006, 08:43 AM
i dont think he can turn in up. Im pretty sure that Plantar fracture thing is really bothering Tim, and I'm just worried that he wont have the ability to turn it up in May.

It's not a fracture, its a strain of the ligaments that run along the bottom of his feet. The pain comes from the point where those ligaments attach; basically right in the center of the heal. I've got it myself - he's taking it easy, not taking too many anti-inflammatories (doesn't want to end up like Sean and 'Zo) - but with all the rest he'll get in the playoffs, as well as probably a little more liberal use (since it's temporary) of the old Ibuprofen, he'll be RIGHT there. This is a "pain-only" injury - it won't slow Timmy down when the time comes.

ShoogarBear
02-22-2006, 08:51 AM
Tim is like Jerome James

:lol

Near quote material.

Joepa
02-22-2006, 09:08 AM
That's awesome.

Is Tim's injury something that will heal over time or does he have to have surgery at the end of the year?

romsey31
02-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Can you guys imagine what would happen to the Mavs if Dirk avg 14.7 in a month? Or if Dwade did that for the Heat?? & to imagine trade talk still comes up in this board :drunk

101A
02-22-2006, 09:16 AM
That's awesome.

Is Tim's injury something that will heal over time or does he have to have surgery at the end of the year?

It will heal; the pain typically lasts for 4 - 6 months; usually rest will cure it - not walking around barefoot is a big deal; you got to keep that arch supported. He probably got the thing pacing the house barefoot carrying his little girl around. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Conversely Nazr's rebounding numbers are increasing with every month, currently up at 9 per game after 5 per game in January. :tu

101A
02-22-2006, 11:17 AM
his offensive game gme has been pretty pathetic

Tim's or Nazr's?

101A
02-22-2006, 11:49 AM
He's been deferring BIG time to Tony, and sometimes Manu.

The Spurs now have 3 legitimate threats to take over a game AT ANY time - and sometimes together. Finley has gotten hot several times this year, as well.

Bottom line: With the defense this team is beginning to show it simply doesn't take that many points to win games; As Tony's confidence continues to grow (Manu and Tim's are there), and Finley gets comfortable, this team is becoming very difficult to outscore - especially 4 times out of 7.

1Parker1
02-22-2006, 11:56 AM
I wonder though how many shots Duncan averaged in Feb compared to Parker...

FromWayDowntown
02-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I wonder though how many shots Duncan averaged in Feb compared to Parker...

In February:

Duncan
5.6 FG/gm
14.0 FGA/gm
(.398)

3.6 FT/gm
5.9 FTA/gm

Parker
8.5 FG/gm
15.3 FGA/gm
(.557)

4.0 FT/gm
5.1 FTA/gm

21.0 ppg

Peter
02-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Just win, baby.

FromWayDowntown
02-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Just win, baby.

No doubt. The Spurs have maintained a 63 win pace with Duncan shooting less than 40% and Manu shooting barely above 40% for the month of February.

Peter
02-22-2006, 12:14 PM
TP is shooting a Stockton-esque 54.8% from the field through 53 games this season. Unfortunately he's shooting a Duncan-esque 68.8% from the line. He's also shooting a paltry 23.1% on his 3 point attempts, but he's averaging only 0.5 attempts per game this season, down from 2.0 attempts last season.

TP's made a marked change in his game this season and now he's an All-Star.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-22-2006, 12:18 PM
TP is shooting a Stockton-esque 54.8% from the field through 53 games this season. Unfortunately he's shooting a Duncan-esque 68.8% from the line. He's also shooting a paltry 23.1% on his 3 point attempts, but he's averaging only 0.5 attempts per game this season, down from 2.0 attempts last season.

TP's made a marked change in his game this season and now he's an All-Star.

And a whopping 100% from half court during shooting contests

1Parker1
02-22-2006, 12:22 PM
In February:

Duncan
5.6 FG/gm
14.0 FGA/gm
(.398)

3.6 FT/gm
5.9 FTA/gm

Parker
8.5 FG/gm
15.3 FGA/gm
(.557)

4.0 FT/gm
5.1 FTA/gm

21.0 ppg

Hmm, well TP isn't averaging that many more shots per game than Tim as I had thought.

It's weird that the Spurs have been winning so many games. Because outside of Tony and Bruce, it doesn't seem like the rest of the team is performing that well. Our defense and rebounding has seemed to definitely improve (minus the Cavs and Sixers game that is) for the month of Feb which I think helped our cause.

Joepa
02-22-2006, 12:23 PM
And a whopping 100% from half court during shooting contests

lol nice

pache100
02-22-2006, 01:55 PM
What happens when Duncan actually turns it up??

You mean you don't know?

ShoogarBear
02-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Buried in those numbers, TP's FTP is 78% for Feb.

romsey31
02-22-2006, 03:01 PM
You mean you don't know?
Yea..but I was trying not to remember :drunk

spurs=bling
02-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Scary Ain't It?????

ZStomp
02-22-2006, 11:15 PM

True.

Here's hoping that I'm wrong too.

SequSpur
02-22-2006, 11:45 PM
KG > Duncan

Brutalis
02-23-2006, 02:54 AM
Funny how people take into little consideration Duncan's health and the fact he has a newborn. Exuses it may be, but reality it is.

polandprzem
02-23-2006, 03:01 AM
Funny how people take into little consideration Duncan's health and the fact he has a newborn. Exuses it may be, but reality it is.
:cry

romsey31
02-23-2006, 08:24 AM
This is what Naptown Seth from the Indystar had to say about how well the Spurs are playing after some nut said the Suns could take them...

Wow, lose to PHX huh. And PHX is supposed to make up 6-7 games on BOTH DAL and SA??? Yeah, that's pretty much not happening at all.

You do realize that of the top 3 teams (DAL, SA and DET), that the Spurs have been playing their starters the fewest minutes and have a insanely deep bench.

Or try this on for size - if not for a crazy 3pt shot by Billups and some "bad subbing by RC" (I don't agree with that anyway) the Pistons wouldn't have beat the Pacers....

oh wait, they didn't beat the Pacers and the Spurs are just 2.5 games behind them.

The Spurs will likely hold HOME COURT over PHX if they do meet up (would have to be the WCF though) as they are 5.5 games ahead of PHX, making them a lot closer to the best record in the NBA than having to play 4 games in PHX.

They just lost an OT game in PHI and the more convincing loss in CLE. Thanks to those losses they "dropped" to 8-2 in their last 10. Check DET, the team that did lose to Indy. 6-4 in their last 10.

The Spurs have a couple of road trips left, but both feature back to back games in LA, once on consecutive nights and the other with a day's rest.

They have 1 game in MEM and 1 game in PHX. However they host Dallas twice, PHX once and MEM once, and could use those home games to push back ahead of Dallas for first in the West.

DET still has 3 games vs Indy (for what that is worth, hard to be sure till THR), and 3 vs CLE (1 in CLE). They play MIA 2 more times (once there), go to DEN and LAL (not as tough I admit), and have to host DAL and PHX still.

It is very possible that the Spurs will still end up with the best record in the NBA. The schedule at least makes it extremely reasonable for them to pull off.

Heck, PHX might find themselves facing the NBA's BEST DEFENSE (by PPG Allowed) in the 2nd round in Memphis. Right now the Griz would host Denver which helps give them a very legit chance at advancing to round 2 to face PHX. The knock on Nash led powerhouse offenses has been their inability to win big in the post season against defensive squads.

And banking heavily on a perfect return from Amare after being out for so long with such a serious injury seems a little iffy. He might return fine, but he might struggle with rust, pain, or whatever.

None of this is meant to be a bash on the Pistons and their 6-4 outing. Just that obviously few fans are worried about their game, yet based on the logic presented here they must be worse off than SA since they have been worse in the last 10 and lost the game to Indy.

austinfan
02-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Sorry if this question's been asked before, but how long has it been since Tim was diagnosed with the plantar fascitis? If the average length of the condition is 4-6 months, where is he, currently, on that time frame? (I realize that 4-6 mos. is just an average and that it could last longer than that, but I wanted to get a sense of where Tim might be in his recovery process.)

101A
02-23-2006, 11:11 AM
Sorry if this question's been asked before, but how long has it been since Tim was diagnosed with the plantar fascitis? If the average length of the condition is 4-6 months, where is he, currently, on that time frame? (I realize that 4-6 mos. is just an average and that it could last longer than that, but I wanted to get a sense of where Tim might be in his recovery process.)

4-6 months is for the public at large; not necessarily professional basketball players.

The thing about PF is that it hurts when the tendons have been strained - not straining for an extended period is what, ultimately, will make the pain go away - my doc told me to avoid stairs, always wear good shoes, brace my foot when I sleep (apparently most people point their toes when they sleep, which makes you wake up with pain in you heal).

Point being, Tim's "treatment" might include not jumping so much, not driving to the basket - so he might not be doing those things, no because they hurt, but because he doesn't want to strain the PF - we can't know. I'm sure he has better braces, shoes, treatments than I, but his foot is also supporting more weight, doing more strenuous things.

Point is, I can play ball (slightly overweight white man), including driving, rebounding, jumping, etc....it hurts the NEXT day - if I take ibuprofen, it doesn't. I'm betting this is nearly a non-issue come playoff time, and the Spurs roll in with an MVP-calliber Tim and an all-star backcourt. Literally, until then, it just isn't worth it for Tim to risk straining the PF; period - when the real season gets here, he'll know rest is coming after 16 w's - he'll let it all hang out.

austinfan
02-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks for your insight on PF. I do agree with you that Tim is conserving his body for the playoffs, and I have to admit I like the idea of our franchise player being our stealth weapon. :) You know, the Mavs and Pistons coming in thinking they're going to be dealing with a sub-par Duncan and then, wham, getting the up-to-speed Tim instead.

Dunc
02-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Thanks for your insight on PF. I do agree with you that Tim is conserving his body for the playoffs, and I have to admit I like the idea of our franchise player being our stealth weapon. :) You know, the Mavs and Pistons coming in thinking they're going to be dealing with a sub-par Duncan and then, wham, getting the up-to-speed Tim instead.

You really think the Mavs and Pistons will be expecting TD to be sub-par come playoff time? Injuries or no, I don't think that they'll be preparing for a "sub-par" TD.

ShoogarBear
02-23-2006, 02:57 PM
You really think the Mavs and Pistons will be expecting TD to be sub-par come playoff time? Injuries or no, I don't think that they'll be preparing for a "sub-par" TD.

Tim is like Jerome James.