PDA

View Full Version : Canadian/American Eloping?

Brutalis
02-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Is anyone familiar with the laws of a Canadian citizen and an American citizen eloping? Do all the same rules apply as a regular marriage between each citizen of their country? I am curious if anyone knows.. seems like if people can order a Russian wife, an American and a Canadian eloping would be as easy as that or two Americans doing it.

1Parker1
02-22-2006, 12:50 PM
^You have a certain somebody in mind or is this just a general question? :angel

1Parker1
02-22-2006, 12:52 PM
BTW, to answer you question, I think once they get married, the Canadian would have to file for a US visa and/or citizenship, which may take a month or two.

disruptivehair
02-22-2006, 01:16 PM
BTW, to answer you question, I think once they get married, the Canadian would have to file for a US visa and/or citizenship, which may take a month or two.

Erm...my British husband is still in the midst of applying for his green card. We sent off the first application in August 2005. It is now nearly March 2006 and it probably won't be issued until MAY. Month or two my ass.

ObiwanGinobili
02-22-2006, 01:24 PM
A friend of mine is engaged to be married to an Australian.
they filed for the "fiance" Visa 3 years ago......

still waiting.

1Parker1
02-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Erm...my British husband is still in the midst of applying for his green card. We sent off the first application in August 2005. It is now nearly March 2006 and it probably won't be issued until MAY. Month or two my ass.

:lol My bad guys, I only said that because a friend of mine just got married in India and she applied for his green card/visa and got it within 3-4 months.