PDA

View Full Version : What a forum... from a Mavs fan

gettym
08-29-2004, 12:15 AM
Wow, I can't believe how many spurs fans are on this forum. I am a Mavs fan that lives in San Antonio and really respect the spurs for what they have done latley. Gotta love the way Pop has kept the nucleus around Timmy and managed to bring in role players that make the team better year after year. Just saying hi and keep up the good work here, I wish there was a mavs forum that was this active... 47 posts on the scola topic that is just a few hours old. Crazy.

SpursFanInAustin
08-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Welcome to the forum, gettym. You have a pretty good team in Dallas, yourself. You guys made solid additions in getting Dampier and Jason Terry, and got a good draft pick in Devin Harris. I see you guys winning over 50 games again, and probably challenging us for the division again, along with our other Texas neighbor, the Houston Rockets.

SpursWoman
08-29-2004, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the forum. :)

gettym
08-29-2004, 12:24 AM
I just hope our current team can stay together for more than one season, gotta love the additions and gotta hate that we have an 8 player trade every off-season. Bit of a paradox I guess. I don't doubt at all we could and may lead the west in regualr season wins but the problem is if we wilt in the first round of the playoffs given how new the team is to eachother. As for the spurs current team, I love the addition of Brent Barry but really question the Draft and other off-season pickups, i.e Massenburg/Marks, but Pop always seems to have a method to his madness.

P.S. -- on a seperate note WOW your forums has moderators, at the mavs forum I post on there are many trolls that hinder the board, nice to see you actually have active mods.

ducks
08-29-2004, 12:33 AM
yeah trading 8 players every year does nto help build chemistry

ducks
08-29-2004, 12:34 AM
we have an nba forum that we use
we even had a mavs board here at one time
but no one posted in it so they took it down

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-29-2004, 12:38 AM
I like the Mavs crazy offense, but I didn't like that Steve Nash was traded, the guy is class.

ducks
08-29-2004, 12:39 AM
nash was not traded
cuban was to cheap to match suns offer

ShineOnYouCrazyManu
08-29-2004, 12:44 AM
Even worse, losing Nash for nothing, how do you feel about it?

ducks
08-29-2004, 12:48 AM
after signing dampier to 7 years and not willing to sign nash for 6 was silly

gettym
08-29-2004, 12:54 AM
Not really, I feel Nash was 32 and not worth a 6 year deal. Don't get me wrong he was great when he was here and I was shocked and very angry when I heard the news, but after thinking about it we are better off. Phoenix will regret the move in 3 years when Nash is backing up Leandro Barbosa. We got younger and better defensivley with Terry/Harris. Everyone overpays for big men just like we did, but I am happy we have sealed up our biggest weakness.

WriterNum934
08-29-2004, 01:53 AM
Terry can't play D.

timvp
08-29-2004, 02:27 AM
Welcome, getty. You will find allies in fellow Mavs fans Adrienne and Mouse.

SAmikeyp
08-29-2004, 02:59 AM
Welcome. :fro

T Park Num 9
08-29-2004, 04:14 AM
Welcome Getty.

You sound like an intelligent fellow, and I already am looking forward to your posts!!

Hope you find the forum to your likin...

gettym
08-29-2004, 12:55 PM
I don't know where you heard Terry can't defend, but he is one of the top on the ball defenders in the NBA, as is stackhouse. It is a common misconception that if you are good at offense you can't play defense. This isn't always the case, maybe you should read a scouting report or watch a hawks game before you question his skills.

SequSpur
08-29-2004, 12:57 PM
I hate the Mavericks.

gettym
08-29-2004, 01:11 PM
you should love them, if it was not for dirk and shawn bradley getting injured in the WCF a couple seasons ago, the spurs would have one less championship :)

spursfaninla
08-29-2004, 02:13 PM
I have not heard much about Terry as a premere on-the-ball defender. Looking at the scoring pg's against Atlanta last year, they seemed to score fine against him, but that could be a lack of help defense there.

Dallas will be an improvement in that area...:drunk

Injuries are a part of the game; if Duncan were not hurt, was it his 2nd season in the playoffs, we win a ring that year.
Get over it; the injury year you speak of in the playoffs, we beat your mavs with irk in the lineup, too...

And, be honest, salary aside, Terry is a downgrade from Nash, no 2 bits about it.

All that said, Dallas significantly improved if dampier comes to play and meshes well with the team. Dallas has lacked an inside scorer and defensive post presence for years, and with less run-n-gun and more post play and d, dallas will be for real in the playoffs.

gettym
08-29-2004, 02:18 PM
you must be thinking of Dampier not boozer.

T Park Num 9
08-29-2004, 02:28 PM
shawn bradley getting injured in the WCF a couple seasons ago, the spurs would have one less championship

Well Ill give you this,

you have a sense of humor.