PDA

View Full Version : Raptors about to score a major coup

RaptorsFan
02-22-2006, 01:05 PM
http://tsn.ca/nba/news_story/?ID=155769&hubname=
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=59661

Word on the street in Toronto is that Colangelo is being offered $7 mil a year. This is going to be huge for the Raptors, instantly restoring the reputation that was decimated by Rob Babcock. If this goes through, Bosh is pretty much a lock to sign this summer.

JMarkJohns
02-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Will the Suns get compensation for letting a soon to be two-time Exec of the year go early? I'm think the price should be at least one unprotected lottory pick. Suns choice within three years, if the Suns fail to pick up the pick within the three years, then they get the 1st-rounder no matter where it lands in year four.

ABDENOUR POWER
02-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Babcock.

:lmao

Darrin
02-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Sweet. Hopefully, he can put a team around Chris Bosh, or it may be over for Canadian Basketball. The Canada experiment (and its lack of success) is that I think has killed DS's efforts to put a team overseas.

MrChug
02-22-2006, 06:31 PM
PHOENIX SUNS F.O.= MORONS

JMarkJohns
02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Kerr would be the next GM, more than likely. No real experience, but he was one of the main guys to push for Nash over Kobe.

Not quite sure what to make of things. It definately sucks, I'm just not certain how much so.

FreshPrince22
02-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Phoenix is stupid if they don't match.

RaptorsFan
02-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Sweet. Hopefully, he can put a team around Chris Bosh, or it may be over for Canadian Basketball. The Canada experiment (and its lack of success) is that I think has killed DS's efforts to put a team overseas.
Like I've said before, Toronto basketball is fine. There's about ten teams in the NBA that are in far worse shape than the Raptors financially. The team draws well and has a large following at the teenage level who aren't able to spend money on the team yet. David Stern said as much at the all-star game. He laughed off a question suggesting that Toronto was unstable and said that the Raptors were very much secure.

Sec24Row7
02-23-2006, 12:00 PM
No one wants to play in canada because the taxes are so bad.

RaptorsFan
02-23-2006, 02:29 PM
No one wants to play in canada because the taxes are so bad.
Another common misconception. The NBA offers equalization payments to make up the difference in lost income through taxes. Also, the idea that taxes have anything do with these player's decisions is a myth. Otherwise, we'd be seeing every FA flock to a Texas or Florida team.