PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of People are Leading The Outcry Over Council-Woman Guajardo?

Nbadan
02-23-2006, 03:20 AM
A few posts from the Vanguard News Network forum (http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=29575) are very revealing...

Cowboy Zeke wrote:

And this my friends should be cataloged as the reason this political correctness is killing whites, rotting them from the inside out. You have ######s, spics, jews, male cunts and feminists who can ruin your life in positions of power over you for which they are not qualified, and a whole jewish system which makes it illegal for whites to have their own interests, or even protect themselves from the physical attacks of blacks and browns, and the financial molestation of the jew. From this article it shows it is de facto illegal to even talk about the problem, even if it is not written in bureaucratic ink.

This is what they are doing to us. Whites work harder, drive father, and contribute more and more money to housing to be away from the self evident scourge of blacks and browns. Enclaves which are soon discovered by the burgeoning masses of their nasty people, and the cops look the other way when crimes are committed against whites.

Soon the neighborhood is overrun, you are forced to sell at a loss, which means you must work even harder, just to have a portion of the lifestyle previous generations had, and the banking jews once again profit from your loss, the resale, the closing costs, and the interest owed on all these properties. Then you must drive even further to work, work harder, and contribute even more, while being taxed to help out the browns and blacks to buy up your old neighborhood.

This white man was already probably cut to the quick trying to have a peaceful living space, balancing his finances like a chinese plate juggler, trying to keep it going, and knowing he was only a few paychecks away from financial ruin. Even if this loud mouth piece of mestizo shit didn't pull the trigger, she still killed him, all with the setup and backing of the jew.

NO WAY OUT BUT THROUGH THE JEW.

ITZ COMING, AND THIS TIME ITZ GONNA BE PERMANENT!

--

From Yankee-Jim

Fuck letter writing...STREET JUSTICE needs to be administered!

This bitch is laughing her ass off at the letter writers. EXTREME, RAW VIOLENCE is what these fucking mud people understand.

Too bad this guy didn't pull a "Falling Down" before he took his own life!

---

The Professor of Racial Cleansing wrote:

Here's the greasy wetback Elena Guajardo. Get a good look at her smiling brown face. Make no mistake, she's absolutely overjoyed about the gringo "keeling heemself".

--

Sparrow wrote:

Yeah too bad. If you're gonna off yourself because your whole world was turned upside down by some shitskin mestizo-###### why not consider the benefits that will accrue to your race if you exterminated a bunch of the cockroaches that infested your neighborhood. If only more of these end of the rope types would think of that.

---
Anchorage Anarchists wrote:

If he was living that close to the edge, and his personal philosophy offered no explanation or "escape clause", one can see why he'd be so quick to throw in the towel. This is yet another reminder on how essential it is to get our message into the hands of other whites through the distribution of TAA and other suitable WN literature.

However, the muds and Jews who do this to our people must be exposed, confronted, and removed. Whether its a spic city councilbitch forcing a guy to suicide or a Morris Dees using the civil justice system to ruin white nationalists, they gotta go!

---

SunofSparta Wrote:

As a homicide cop I handled lots of suicides,but honestly can't recall a ######,Spic or Asian being one.

I don't think Parasites are suicidal?

Prof where did you get the Avatar picture it unfortunately, looks a lot like me

---
Action Alert wrote:

I think that this story is an open-door for us to BARRAGE this mexicunt with emails. We are made to feel apprehensive to voice our opinion about RACE because of the chill that people like this woman casts over our country. Try the "chill" of a thousand angry White men and women stuffing your inbox.
We should also barrage THIS cocksucker who wrote this article absolving the poor councilsquaw of any blame!

--

Disgusted Yet? I hope Express-News writer, Ken Rodriquez and ALLEN ELLEBRACHT are pleased with themselves.

:hat

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Why? Because some people with obviously misguided and stupid views have taken this as their flag to bear?

Am I (a 25-year-old Hispanic) helping them too, Dan?

PM5K
02-23-2006, 03:29 AM
I'm not sure I understand the purpose of your post?

Am I disgusted, yes, that's why I don't read that website and or forum, it's filled with a bunch of racists.

You could post a story about Mickey Mouse and I'm sure you'd get some disturbing and disgusting posts.

I hope you aren't trying to imply that those are the people leading the outcry, they aren't, just as the people who post here aren't leading any outcry, we just have an opinion, the same as they do except ours isn't filled with hate and racism.

I personally do not support Guajardo, I would be happy to see her resign, and I'm no racist and don't belong grouped together with the people who made those posts...

Trainwreck2100
02-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Props to Yankee Jim on the Falling Down referance. That was a great movie. In the end, he just wanted breakfast at 11 o'clock.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 03:31 AM
And (holy crap), some of the posters are blaming Dickerson for using her work account to send a personal e-mail.

Wow. I'm shocked.

Nobody is denying Dickerson brought his employer's actions on himself, they're mad because it's not the right of an elected official to be the police for a private company, especially on something of this nature and something so sorely misinterpreted.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Dan, you forgot to quote one person, though I'm not surprised.

That email was great, and I'm about to send her one myself. She is supposedly a representative of all her constituents, who employ her. It is not her place to act vindictively towards one of them simply because she finds his opinion "offensive". By the video it doesn't appear she did anything illegal, but I think a civil suit is winnable.

Nbadan
02-23-2006, 03:37 AM
No, clearly these views are extreme, but everyone needs to keep in mind that these attitudes (although cloaked) still exist, no matter how much we want to think otherwise. These people have taken it upon themselves to blow up Ms. Guajardo's city-council e-mail box with this hate. Real concerns get lost when your afraid to open e-mails because you don't know what to expect next. It's disgusting, and those who have taken this to dangerous extremes deserve some of the blame.

Ms. Guajardo's constituents deserve the final say on whether they want her to keep representing them, after all they elected her.

PM5K
02-23-2006, 03:41 AM
It's disgusting, and those who have taken this to dangerous extremes deserve some of the blame.

Deserve blame for what?

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 03:42 AM
So since you hope Rodriguez and Ellebracht are pleased with themselves, you're saying they facilitated the e-mails Guajardo is now afraid to open.

Kind of like Guajardo facilitated the death of Dickerson by her actions following his e-mail?

While I don't believe that, you're making that connection.

Trainwreck2100
02-23-2006, 03:45 AM
No, clearly these views are extreme, but everyone needs to keep in mind that these attitudes (although cloaked) still exist, no matter how much we want to think otherwise. These people have taken it upon themselves to blow up Ms. Guajardo's city-council e-mail box with this hate. Real concerns get lost when your afraid to open e-mails because you don't know what to expect next. It's disgusting, and those who have taken this to dangerous extremes deserve some of the blame.

Ms. Guajardo's constituents deserve the final say on whether they want her to keep representing them, after all they elected her.

They also believe in crazy ass shit, so why should we let the fact that their views in one case are somewhat similar to ours (against guajardo) change how we feel about it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 03:46 AM
And how exactly is Rodriguez to blame?

He quotes Guajardo (8 Feb column) as saying that no anger came from Dickerson towards her contacting Zachry about the e-mails (calmer than I would be).

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 03:50 AM
It's fairly evident that Guajardo hears (and reads) what she wants to.

So does Councilwoman Guajardo think that her constituents can trust her? Does she think they feel safe writing her about their concerns?

“Oh, they know. They know,” she says. “They know who I am. Mr. Dickerson and I never had a communication of where he lived. The residents there have never had a communication before in that area. Let me tell you, since then, two other people that live in that same neighborhood have called and we're reacting to that.”

Some say reacting is not good enough. They want Guajardo to step down. A call she says she isn't hearing.

“When I'm in my community and in my district, not one person has come up to me face to face and said anything negative,” says Guajardo. “I'm getting hugs. I'm getting responses like, ‘Don't you ever think?’ and ‘You're doing a wonderful job. You keep doing. You keep fighting.’”

It's no doubt Guajardo still has supporters, but many that we talked to say it’s time for a change.

A voter we spoke to didn’t want to show his face, but says at one time he pushed to get Elena Guajardo re-elected.

“That showed at the very least a lack of judgment and at the very worst a vindictive, retaliatory person,” he told News 4 WOAI.

Now he's among a growing number of dissenters working to get the controversial councilwoman removed.

“She can say she feels sorry that this happened. She can say whatever. But she should not, no elected official should be reporting his or her constituents to their employer,” says Allen Ellebracht, who described himself as a 'personal friend' of Dickerson.

One neighbor told us off-camera that he didn't think Guajardo is at fault for Dickerson’s suicide, but others say this incident has tainted her reputation.

“I don't think she should of done that,” says constituent Sylvia Gonzales. “She should resign. She really should. It shouldn't have happened at all.”

Another constituent, Gina Hughes, sees it a bit differently, “Things like this do happen, but in the main matter of this she shouldn't have gone straight to his employer.”

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 03:53 AM
"Mr. Dickerson and I never had a communication of where he lived."

Elena Guajardo,

I am a resident of Oak Hills subdivision in San Antonio, Texas.

Members of the Oak Hills Citizens Association are either District 7 or District 8. I think that's a "communication" of where he lives.

http://epay.sanantonio.gov/nass/NassDet.asp?NASS=OAK%20HILLS%20CITIZENS%20ASSOCIAT ION

Nbadan
02-23-2006, 03:54 AM
So since you hope Rodriguez and Ellebracht are pleased with themselves, you're saying they facilitated the e-mails Guajardo is now afraid to open.

Kind of like Guajardo facilitated the death of Dickerson by her actions following his e-mail?

While I don't believe that, you're making that connection.

Let's say one of these sicko's took it upon themselves to 'even the score' with Guajardo, can we then lay some of the blame on Rodriquez for his anti-Guajardo column, or on Ellebracht for emotionally over-reacting in front of the TV cameras? Of course not, but we also can't say with complete certainty that their reactions didn't contribute to any future possible attack.

Texas justice? That's not for you or me to decide, because she is not serving our interets. She was serving the interests of her constituents and they, not you, me, Ken Rodriquez, or Mr. Ellebracht, deserve the final word on whether her actions were justified or not. No matter what our personal opinion on this may be.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 03:55 AM
It's probably also safe to assume that if he was speaking of the goings-on at GCS, he lived in her district.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/council/maps/AllCouncilDistricts.pdf

Trainwreck2100
02-23-2006, 03:58 AM
Let's say one of these sicko's took it upon themselves to 'even the score' with Guajardo, can we then lay some of the blame on Rodriquez for his anti-Guajardo column, or on Ellebracht for emotionally over-reacting in front of the TV cameras? Of course not, but we also can't say with complete certainty that their reactions didn't contribute to any future possible attack.

Texas justice? That's not for you or me to decide, because she is not serving our interets. She was serving the interests of her constituents and they, not you, me, Ken Rodriquez, or Mr. Ellebracht, deserve the final word on whether her actions were justified or not. No matter what our personal opinion on this may be.

Well if was one of THESE whackos we can firmly rule out Rodriquez cause those white boys won't let a mexican provoke them. It violates their crazy beliefs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 04:00 AM

Nowhere have I asked for "Texas Justice", Dan, and you know it.

And their reactions are just that, Dan, reactions.

Ken Rodriguez is paid to express his opinions. Did you read his column about his night at GCS? I think Dickerson had every right to complain.

God, he wrote of a deputy who KNEW there were criminals there.

And another thing...the whole fight is because her constituents don't believe she was acting in their own interests, but her own.

I suppose nobody had a right to comment on the California governor being recalled, either?

Also, as a voting citizen of Bexar County and San Antonio, I do believe that I am indirectly one of her constituents.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 04:03 AM
Oh, it IS for Ellebrecht to decide.

He lives in her district.

Nbadan
02-23-2006, 04:06 AM
"Elena did," the colleague says, "by going to Zachry and not to Dickerson. Zachry overreacted by firing him. And Dickerson overreacted by taking his own life."

Rodriquez's article is mostly fair, but do you think this editorializing at the end of the article is appropriate? Why didn't Rodriquez include a Guajardo supporter?

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 04:06 AM
But back to the point of you lumping me, Ken Rodriguez, Ellebrecht in with white supremacists...why do I know that you (as do I) hate being lumped in with terrorists because we may disagree with the actions the President takes?

Trainwreck2100
02-23-2006, 04:08 AM
She's screwed now, the religious right got ahold of this

http://forums.crosswalk.com/Man_kills_himself_after_City_Council_woman_gets_hi m_fired/m_893146/tm.htm

How very sad. If I were in the area, I'd never purchase a home or use Zachry Construction. I also think this councilwoman should lose her seat if she violated any confidentiality rules.

I assume this was a married man with a family, from his note. My heart goes out to them.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Rodriquez's article is mostly fair, but do you think this editorializing at the end of the article is appropriate? Why didn't Rodriquez include with a Guajardo supporter?

While this next statement is general in nature, it's kind of what we use when people give us this argument at The Star.

If there's a person's picture next to the text, it's an opinionated column, as all columns are.

If there's a byline (a straight byline), it's an article which is charged with presenting all sides of a necessary issue.

Why didn't he (and for the love of God, Dan, just spell his name right) put anything from a supporter in there? Why did he editorialize?

Because he's supposed to!

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 04:12 AM
All these people...OPINIONS!

http://www2.mysanantonio.com/aboutus/expressnews/columnists/

Look, while I believe (and I sincerely try to ask all of MY columnists to do so) it makes your column more accessible to readers and may help sway them to your side (which is what you're trying to do in a column) to present all sides of the issue and your responses as to why you disagree, it's not necessary.

Nbadan
02-23-2006, 04:29 AM
But back to the point of you lumping me, Ken Rodriguez, Ellebrecht in with white supremacists...why do I know that you (as do I) hate being lumped in with terrorists because we may disagree with the actions the President takes?

Because it's an unescapable fact. The reason liberals are seen as soft on the war on terror is because NeoCon mouth-pieces like Insannity like to continuosly lump anyone who expresses anti-war sentiments with supporting the views of Islamic terrorists. You and I know it's not true, but there is a large segment of the population which doesn't no matter how much we try to convince them other-wise.

Now turn that around, you and I know that Ms. Guajardo's actions weren't likely racially-motivated, poor-judgement in reaction maybe, however not racially motivated, but judging from some of the posts in the VNN forum, it seems that a size-able segment of the population believe otherwise, and they are out there with you protesting at city council meetings, blowing up Ms. Guajardo's e-mail address, and who knows what else.

I just think that those who are truely concerned about this incident for the right reasons, like Mr. ELLEBRACHT, need to be more sensitive of the situation, and more aware of the sentiments they are either wittingly or unwhittingly helping to support among a segment of the population.

It's time to end the hate, and let the voters decide.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 04:34 AM
I'll respond more tomorrow, but I've spent all day at class and at the paper putting it to bed for the night.

No matter the situation; left, right, brown, white...people are going to use other situations for their own benefit.

This world isn't perfect, but silencing it doesn't make it better.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 04:38 AM
Dan...which of these groups do you belong to?

ACLU Of Texas; BCDEMS; NEBCD; SAAPAC; SoulforceSATX; Takebacksanantoniodems; Texas-Democrats, Esperanza Peace & Justice Center; Yahoo Impeach Bush Now;
ihatebushfanclub; texas_kos

http://chrisduel.com/Guajardo.htm][/url]
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 12:01 AM
To: ACLU Of Texas; BCDEMS; NEBCD; SAAPAC; SoulforceSATX;
Takebacksanantoniodems; Texas-Democrats
Cc: Esperanza Peace & Justice Center; Yahoo Impeach Bush Now;
ihatebushfanclub; texas_kos

Subject: [BCDEMS] VERY IMPORTANT ACTION NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!

Dear Friends,

WE NEED TO SUPPORT ELENA GUAJARDO! On Sunday, Ken Rodriguez wrote an unjust editorial attacking Councilwoman Elena Guajardo.

Up until now, Elena has tried to remain out of the limelight. But, as you may know, Elena has been attacked publicly for doing what any rational person would have done. If you don’t know about Mr. Dickerson, he is the employee who wrote an offensive e-mail on a company computer and then committed suicide after being fired. Elena’s enemies say it’s her fault. Can you imagine?

Since the Rodriguez column came out, the volume has been turned up to the point that it can no longer be ignored.

ELENA NEEDS YOUR HELP! Please tell your friends and colleagues to turn out and support Elena on Thursday at 6 pm at City Council Chambers. We need as large a turnout as possible to show our support for a truly remarkable
Councilwoman. Also, start calling your councilperson, mayor’s office, state representative, newspaper, television station, etc. voicing support. This has the scent of the religious rights Culture War against life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I’m sick of it. Let’s plant the flag right here. SUPPORT ELENA GUAJARDO!!! (name withheld)

If you want to see the kind of people who are supporting this effort take a look at this website:

http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=29575 (There are 3 pages of trash talk about Elena and the first few are actually the least offensive.)

( name withheld ) brought this to our attention earlier today when he said; “It seems like she's now getting barraged by the not-even-in-the-closet white supremacists. If you ask me, this is a side of the story that needs to be known as well.”

A few quotes, all from different posters, from this garbage page:

“Hopefully the man's family will sue Zachry Construction and the mexishit councilwoman.”

“Even if this loud mouth piece of mestizo shit didn't pull the trigger, she still killed him, all with the setup and backing of the jew.”

“If you were a man, you would know how important it is for any man, in particular a breadwinner, to be employed. As a matter of fact, the classic twin pillars of masculinity are a man's ability to provide and a man's ability to perform.”

“Support <http://www.govnn.com/vnntaa3.pdf> The Aryan Alternative”

… and it gets worse from there, but

The one that really tells a story is:

“I think that this story is an open-door for us to BARRAGE this mexic*nt with emails”

WOAI and KTSA continuing to play this story only encourage this kind of garbage and give them a sense of power. That makes them dangerous. Elena did try her best to ignore this hoping it would eventually all die down of
its own volition. Ken Rodriguez’s totally biased article yesterday has only incited things even more.

I’m going to make it very easy for you to take immediate action. Here is all the contact information. Please call and/or email everyone on the list!!!

Mayor Phil Hardberger 210-207-7060
[email protected]

District 1 Roger Flores 210-207-7279
[email protected]

District 2 Sheila McNeil 210-207-7278
[email protected]

District 3 Roland Gutierrez 210-207-7064
[email protected]

District 4 Richard Perez 210-207-7281
[email protected]

District 5 Patti Radle 210-207-7043
[email protected]

District 6 Delicia Herrera 210-207-7065
[email protected]

District 7 Elena Guajardo 210-207-7044
[email protected]

District 8 Art Hall 210-207-7086
[email protected]

District 9 Kevin Wolff 210-207-7325
[email protected]

District 10 Chip Haass 210-207-7276
[email protected]

Ken Rodriguez, author of totally biased SAEN story. Tell him that the White Supremacists started the email campaign he based his story titled “Ken Rodriguez: E-mail vote is in: Critics want city councilwoman to resign” on.

[email protected]

http://www.mysanantonio.com/help/feedback/

To write to MySA webpage, SA Express News or KENS TV

http://www.ktsa.com/contact.htm

KTSA Radio contact info

http://www.woai.com/contactus/

WOAI website, TV and radio contacts

http://www.kabb.com/index.html

Fox KABB TV contact info

http://www.ksat.com/contact/index.html

KSAT TV contact info

http://www.telemundo.com/telemundo/2475132/detail.html

Telemundo main contact page

And after you send all those emails and make all those calls, be at the City Council meeting this Thursday, City Council Meeting, Municipal Plaza Bldg., City Hall Complex, 103 South Main

Thursday, February 23rd, Citizens to be heard 6:00PM

I have made a simple 2” x 3 ½” paper badge with large green letters that say “I Support Elena” and I will pin it to my blouse. It is made in a Word document and didn’t take any special programs.

I made 6 of these “badges.” I opened a blank page. My Page Setup margins are .5 on top, bottom right and left. Go to Format. Click on columns. Click on 2 columns. I used Cuckoo font in Bold. I choose the color green. The “I Support” is on one line in font size 56 (yes, you can change the number to one that is not in the drop down menu). “Elena” is also
in Cuckoo, on the second line in font size 97. I then did a copy and paste and made a total of 6 badges on one page. I will use a simple straight pin to pin it on my blouse. It isn’t inflammatory. It only gives my opinion.

Peace, Love and Serenity,

( name withheld )

"The MINUTE someone impugns your patriotism for opposing this war, turn on them like a snarling dog and explain what loving your country really means." Molly Ivins January 20, 2006

What we have in this country is socialism for the rich and free enterprisefor the poor.-- Gore Vidal

Courage for congress

www.courageforcongress.org

Dan, who sent the e-mail?

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 04:40 AM
To the other posters/lurkers in this thread...does the original post sound familiar at all?

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 04:43 AM
Dan, please link the people on your mailing list to my post about the differences between news articles and columns.

I get tired of explaining it constantly.

Also, have anybody feel free to e-mail me if they'd like further explanation.

http://star.txstate.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=80&Itemid=52

My contact information is there...I'm the managing editor.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-23-2006, 04:44 AM
Screw it.

[email protected] - Personal

[email protected] - Work

JoeChalupa
02-23-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm tired of this BS.

Mr. Peabody
02-23-2006, 09:31 AM
I don't understand the point this thread is trying to make. :wtf

xrayzebra
02-23-2006, 10:09 AM

Ms. Guajardo herself is a racist. She read racism into an email that contained none. She made the call to the mans employer, why? It served
no purpose other than get him into hotwater and cost him his 27 year
career. Go back under your racism rock, Dan.

JoeChalupa
02-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Not everyone sees the same thing in every written word.
Too people can read the same article or column and have two totally different interpretations of what they read.
Some say she over used her "power"..well in my opinion, Mr. Dickerson chose to use his power to end his life.
Next election vote her ass out!

FromWayDowntown
02-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Real concerns get lost when your afraid to open e-mails because you don't know what to expect next.

Actually, real concerns get lost when elected officials are more concerned with reporting imagined bigotry than addressing the problems that constituents present.

What's particularly troublesome here, is that Guajardo appears to essentially admit that she recognized that Dickerson was an Oak Hills resident and was less concerned with his complaint because she never heard from him and rarely heard from anyone in Oak Hills. So, apparently, until you complain enough and correctly, Ms. Guajardo has no particular interest in addressing your complaints about the quality of life in parts of her district. That is appalling.

What's even more appalling to me is the continuing insistence that Ms. Guajardo did absolutely nothing wrong in her handling of this situation. She violated the trust that should be implicit between an elected official and a constituent. She took it upon herself to act as a super-HR department for Zachry, rather than speaking with Mr. Dickerson and discussing the bigotry that she inferred from what he wrote in his e-mail. Her actions, particularly in light of the inescapable inference from her comments concerning the lack of complaints about Oak Hills suggests that Ms. Guajardo distinguishes among her constituents, listenting to some and ignoring others. She can no longer ignore Oak Hills -- the political pressure is too great -- but she certainly leaves one with a sense that she viewed her job as one of responsiveness to certain groups and ignorance of others.

It's shameful that people have turned this into a racial issue. It's also shameful, though, that some are so grossly political that they can't see this as a case of the sort of horrendous misjudgment that often results in the resignation of elected officials. Had Ms. Guajardo been white, black, or green, I'd still think that her actions in this circumstance were outrageous and that the voters in her district would have every right to demand her resignation.

JoeChalupa
02-23-2006, 10:21 AM
I've sent letters to President Bush and he hasn't answered one of them!!!!!! :cuss

I've sent letters to my congressman and he hasn't come by my house to talk to me yet!!

And Phil hasn't had lunch with me yet either.

How dare they ignore my letters!

Yeah, I know I can an a-hole. :)

JoeChalupa
02-23-2006, 10:23 AM
I've demanded resignations from public officials and not ONE has done so.

xrayzebra
02-23-2006, 10:32 AM
I've sent letters to President Bush and he hasn't answered one of them!!!!!! :cuss

I've sent letters to my congressman and he hasn't come by my house to talk to me yet!!

Well Bush did answer one of my letters, postman brought it to the door
himself, didn't leave in the mail box.

Congressman has answered my letters, but never came to the door, hmmm,
do they do that? Senators have also answered. Postman doesn't bring
those to my door.

Haven't written Phil about anything.

Sorry they are ignoring you, maybe you are an a-hole.... :lol

Oh, and I did tell Clinton he was fired, but they kept on paying him,
and he ignored me too. Guess he knew I was a conservative. :lol

JoeChalupa
02-23-2006, 10:45 AM
:lol I was being sarcastic but the responses I recieved were form letters and signature stamped.

But I have had several letters to the editor published in the SA Express news!

But may backyard door is always open for Bush to stop by for some Burgers and freedom fries. There is no hunting so Cheney won't be dropping by so nobody else will be dropping either.

Oh, Gee!!
02-23-2006, 10:50 AM
So which ST poster tipped-off the KKK?

xrayzebra
02-23-2006, 10:50 AM
:lol ^^Got any brush clearing for him to do while he is there. He like Regean (sp) seems
to like to attack the flora and fonda. Maybe your backyard is too clean, something
to think about before inviting him again. :lol

FromWayDowntown
02-23-2006, 11:42 AM

They also haven't, I'm guessing, decided to tell your employer that you were writing to express concerns about government issues.

I'd be disappointed, but ultimately fine if Ms. Guajardo had just ignored the letter. As you say, elected officials do that all of the time. But in this case, she didn't just ignore it. She read it and decided to take action -- action against the letter writer. In doing that, Ms. Guajardo essentially told her constituents that unless you approach her the right way, she will not listen to complaints and concerns and that she's more interested in exacting whatever political captial she can from the rhetorical faux pas of a constituent.

Ultimately, what Ms. Guajardo did was chill the free exchange of communication with her constituents, who now must be concerned not only with the substance of the communication, but also with the means by which it is conveyed and the possibility that some part of that communication might be used against them.

I'm by no means a supporter of this President or either Texas senator, but their failure to respond to your communications is hardly on the same level.

A-Train
02-23-2006, 12:19 PM

Nbadan likes to address divergent points of view with a little old-fashioned guilt by association.

JoeChalupa
02-23-2006, 12:20 PM
They also haven't, I'm guessing, decided to tell your employer that you were writing to express concerns about government issues.

I'd be disappointed, but ultimately fine if Ms. Guajardo had just ignored the letter. As you say, elected officials do that all of the time. But in this case, she didn't just ignore it. She read it and decided to take action -- action against the letter writer. In doing that, Ms. Guajardo essentially told her constituents that unless you approach her the right way, she will not listen to complaints and concerns and that she's more interested in exacting whatever political captial she can from the rhetorical faux pas of a constituent.

Ultimately, what Ms. Guajardo did was chill the free exchange of communication with her constituents, who now must be concerned not only with the substance of the communication, but also with the means by which it is conveyed and the possibility that some part of that communication might be used against them.

I'm by no means a supporter of this President or either Texas senator, but their failure to respond to your communications is hardly on the same level.

True, but I'm not going to kill myself over losing a job or being humiliated or embarrassed. Then again I've never sent an email from work and ALL my communications with public officials have ALWAYS contained my full name, address and telephone number.
I undertand and see why so many are outraged with Guajardo's actions. I'm just saying, in my opinion, she has no blood on her hands.
But that is just me.

JoeChalupa
02-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Nbadan likes to address divergent points of view with a little old-fashioned guilt by association.

Many people do. I get lumped into the bad, anti-patriotic "liberal" category all the time.

FromWayDowntown
02-23-2006, 12:28 PM
True, but I'm not going to kill myself over losing a job or being humiliated or embarrassed. Then again I've never sent an email from work and ALL my communications with public officials have ALWAYS contained my full name, address and telephone number.
I undertand and see why so many are outraged with Guajardo's actions. I'm just saying, in my opinion, she has no blood on her hands.
But that is just me.

I don't think she has blood on her hands. Mr. Dickerson was the person who chose to end his life, no matter how events played out up to the time of that decision.

But I do think there's ample reason for her constituents to believe that Ms. Guajardo: (1) is not trustworthy; and (2) should resign. I can see why someone might disagree with those determinations, but I'm baffled by the notion anyone could find those sentiments are somehow racially-motivated or unjustified. I'd feel that way even if Mr. Dickerson was alive today. In fact, I felt that way when I read the pre-suicide story concerning this series of events.

JoeChalupa
02-23-2006, 12:34 PM
I don't think she has blood on her hands. Mr. Dickerson was the person who chose to end his life, no matter how events played out up to the time of that decision.

But I do think there's ample reason for her constituents to believe that Ms. Guajardo: (1) is not trustworthy; and (2) should resign. I can see why someone might disagree with those determinations, but I'm baffled by the notion anyone could find those sentiments are somehow racially-motivated or unjustified. I'd feel that way even if Mr. Dickerson was alive today. In fact, I felt that way when I read the pre-suicide story concerning this series of events.

Hey, I'm baffled by people every freakin' day. Again, two people can and will see, read, feel things differently. To me, I can see how she came to her conclusions. I don't agree but I can see it.
It baffles me how nobody can see it and yeah I admit it isn't clear as day but again, that is just me.
And JohnnyBlaze has put me in my place but it didn't change how I view things.

Nbadan
02-23-2006, 04:31 PM

Surely you must understand cognitive dissonance Mr. Peabody.

Mr. Peabody
02-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Surely you must understand cognitive dissonance Mr. Peabody.

But your revelation about some of the people who are also upset over the situation does not add anything to your argument. You posting hate-inspired rhetoric from the Vanguard News Network (what the hell were you doing over there anyway?) doesn't sway my opinion that Guajardo acted in a manner that is, at best, questionable.

I am sure that there are many opinions that I have that are shared by people I wouldn't want to be associated with. But I don't base my opinions on who is out there agreeing or not agreeing with me. I base them on what the liberal media and Hollywood tells me to believe.

xrayzebra
02-23-2006, 05:24 PM
^^you are in trouble now.

Oh, Gee!!
02-23-2006, 05:25 PM
I base them on what the liberal media and Hollywood tells me to believe.

You must be one of them scientiologists fellas.

xrayzebra
02-23-2006, 05:27 PM
^^told you so........

Mr. Peabody
02-23-2006, 05:38 PM
You must be one of them scientiologists fellas.

I am trying to save up enough money to join their religion.

Oh, Gee!!
02-23-2006, 05:39 PM
I am trying to save up enough money to join their religion.

I just took out a home equity loan. I can't lose.

Spurminator
02-23-2006, 05:43 PM
I just think that those who are truely concerned about this incident for the right reasons, like Mr. ELLEBRACHT, need to be more sensitive of the situation, and more aware of the sentiments they are either wittingly or unwhittingly helping to support among a segment of the population.

So do you believe the Press should be blamed if Islamic militants respond violently to images and video of the US Military mistreating prisoners?

Mr. Peabody
02-23-2006, 05:47 PM
I just took out a home equity loan. I can't lose.

With that home equity loan, you are one step closer to realizing your alien life form.

xrayzebra
02-23-2006, 05:51 PM
So do you believe the Press should be blamed if Islamic militants respond violently to images and video of the US Military mistreating prisoners?

You put one to many words in your statement: Islamic. Just leave it at
militants. They have no real beliefs, except power over others.

Your take on things is normal for your type. We have mistreated no prisoners. Some individuals did, but not 'we'. Get your facts straight.

George W Bush
02-23-2006, 05:52 PM
power over others.

Just how I like it.

God Bless America :tu

Spurminator
02-23-2006, 06:01 PM

Your take on things is normal for your type. We have mistreated no prisoners. Some individuals did, but not 'we'. Get your facts straight.

You quote the word "we" as though I used it in my statement.

And I don't think you got the point either, so it's probably best that you simply keep quiet for once. Thanks.

xrayzebra
02-23-2006, 06:05 PM
^^Oh, I don't think so. Now you are acting like those that you condem. I am
not allowed to speak.

Spurminator
02-23-2006, 06:10 PM
It's a suggestion, not a requirement.

See, typically when someone is arguing on the same side of the discussion as you are, you don't start a new one with that person based on a different discussion altogether. I was using a comparison to make a point, a point which favors the side of the debate that you fall on. You're just going to have to trust me on this one.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-24-2006, 11:12 AM
So why hasn't Dan answered my questions?

Trainwreck2100
02-24-2006, 01:29 PM

Oh no, they're Islamic, see they're the only ones the press shows, but we need an adjetive to descbibe which ones they are. Because we al know there are militants everywhere.

Nbadan
02-24-2006, 01:40 PM
So why hasn't Dan answered my questions?

Sorry Johnny, I've been very busy lately. If I don't answer a question it's usually because I don't consider it to be pertinent to the discussion at hand.

I don't belong to any of the organizations you listed.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-24-2006, 05:24 PM
I just find it funny that you posted damn near the exact same thing as the e-mail.

Nbadan
02-27-2006, 01:32 AM
I just find it funny that you posted damn near the exact same thing as the e-mail.

I was pointed to the VNN forum by a source, but the first time I saw the e-mail was when you posted it Johnny. Where did you get it?