PDA

View Full Version : National Anthem by Destiny's Child

Phenomanul
02-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Do you all believe that their amazing rendition of the National Anthem will be released?

Wallace ²
02-23-2006, 10:55 AM
I actually thought it was pretty bad. Why cant people sing it like it was meant to be sung (If that is even a word).

AI-square
02-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Well I had the TV muted after a while..

Trainwreck2100
02-23-2006, 02:23 PM
I actually thought it was pretty bad. Why cant people sing it like it was meant to be sung (If that is even a word).

It's better than Kid Rock's raping of God Bless America. When he should have sang the National Anthem. I think that's why they lost game five. Don't piss off the ghosts of the past.

ShoogarBear
02-23-2006, 02:29 PM

And perhaps you can provide an example of "how it was meant to be sung"? Is there a rule book somewhere?

Spurminator
02-23-2006, 02:41 PM
I thought it was fantastic. I like the new trend in recent performances that give it a sort of "gospel" feel (the Super Bowl being another example).

The Whitney Houston sing-alikes got old ten years ago, so it's nice to hear some fresh takes.

Mixability
02-23-2006, 03:05 PM
just sing it how it's been sung from the beginning....

all this ahahahahahaahaaaaaahaha bullshit in between every word is old.

Trainwreck2100
02-23-2006, 03:10 PM
You have to leave the gap between land of the free though so the ghetto people make noise.

Mixability
02-23-2006, 03:13 PM
You have to leave the gap between land of the free though so the ghetto people make noise.

just once, just ONCE

I'd like to yell SHUT THE FUCK UP during that part at a major sporting event.

How ironic. :lol

ro_50
02-23-2006, 07:22 PM
I liked their rendition of it.

It was beautiful.

ShoogarBear
02-23-2006, 07:38 PM
I liked their rendition of it.

It was beautiful.Well, then you must not be a real 'murican. :rolleyes

Summers
02-23-2006, 11:32 PM
I didn't think it was that great either. I don't get why everyone's making such a big hooplah over it. I love Destiny's Child, and I think they're great singers, but I didn't think this was a great performance. A really great performance of the national anthem gives me chills (Whitney Houston at the Superbowl comes to mind).

Louae
02-28-2006, 03:25 PM
I didn't think it was that great either. I don't get why everyone's making such a big hooplah over it. I love Destiny's Child, and I think they're great singers, but I didn't think this was a great performance. A really great performance of the national anthem gives me chills (Whitney Houston at the Superbowl comes to mind).

too bad it wasn't really live. she was just lip sinking to her own voice on a recording. After learning that, it kind of spoiled the performance for me.