PDA

View Full Version : mavs in 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ptp39
02-23-2006, 08:31 PM
this is the year you guys go down and only because of the repeat factor. I know I will be insulted and banned but before that happens let me be clear. I post only on one name. Go to mavs forum and you will see me there. I have stayed out of the petty war between the forums buttttttttt this is our year. AJ has this team playing the best it has played since the last time we went to game 7 in the WCF. Only this time no laker threat. Don't know if they win the title but the spurs are going down. Just like the new raper commercial you can hate for the same reason others love.

peace out

lilmads
02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Just like the new raper commercial you can hate for the same reason others love.

Raper? Who's a raper?

Kori Ellis
02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the forum.

As long as you don't get into any attacking or spamming of the forum, you won't get banned.

Kori Ellis
02-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Raper? Who's a raper?

Kobe.

phyzik
02-23-2006, 08:39 PM
I think he meant Rapist

SoCalSpursFan
02-23-2006, 08:41 PM
Glad we have another intelligent Mavs fan posting.

"Raper"?

*Yawn*

exstatic
02-23-2006, 08:43 PM
Our stupid Mavs fan shield has failed yet again....

Kori Ellis
02-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Do you guys (Spurs fans) not get that you shouldn't just attack people as soon as they post just because they are fans of another team?

I already deleted like 10 posts from this thread.

Learn to scroll.

Leetonidas
02-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Do you guys (Spurs fans) not get that you shouldn't just attack people as soon as they post just because they are fans of another team?

Learn to scroll.

Quite honestly, I'm tired of seeing these damn threads.

Prove it in the fucking playoffs, troll.

Kori Ellis
02-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Quite honestly, I'm tired of seeing these damn threads.

Prove it in the fucking playoffs, troll.

If you are sick of the threads, scroll and don't post in them.

They can't prove it in the playoffs when the playoffs haven't happened yet.

Talking among fans of formidable opponents i.e. Pistons, Lakers (in the past), Suns, Mavs is a good thing. But if you don't want to participate, scroll.

If the thread is just a troll thread, then no one will post in it and it will fall off the page in no time.

Pretty simple concept.

SoCalSpursFan
02-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Sasha Cohen > Mavs/Pistons.

At least she got a medal for finishing second!

Zing!

edit: sorry kori

Oh, Gee!!
02-23-2006, 08:54 PM
I respectfully disagree

Warlord23
02-23-2006, 08:56 PM
this is the year you guys go down and only because of the repeat factor.

And this is the year you guys go down because of:
1. The soft, choking ways of your franchise player
2. Relying on Van Horn and Stackhouse for playoff performance

No change, same as last year.

dimsah
02-23-2006, 08:57 PM
this is the year you guys go down and only because of the repeat factor. I know I will be insulted and banned but before that happens let me be clear. I post only on one name. Go to mavs forum and you will see me there. I have stayed out of the petty war between the forums buttttttttt this is our year. AJ has this team playing the best it has played since the last time we went to game 7 in the WCF. Only this time no laker threat. Don't know if they win the title but the spurs are going down. Just like the new raper commercial you can hate for the same reason others love.

peace out
Ok. Just make sure you get out of the first round.

Pandaemonaeon
02-23-2006, 09:00 PM
"You can talk *hik* the talk. But can you *hik* walk *hik* the walk?" - drunk gunner from Full Metal Jacket

E20
02-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Spurs in 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ro_50
02-23-2006, 09:14 PM
When were the Mavs ever in a game 7 in the WCF? I know one year they made it in mid-late 80's (I havent googled it yet, just off the top of my head) with the Derek Harper, Rolando Blackman crew, well I think they did one of those years.

But when the Spurs beat them, it went six games.

Rummpd
02-23-2006, 09:15 PM
I love the smack of the Mavs fans, bring it on, they deserve to have high hopes and have a very, very good team, a legit superstar in Dirk, some nice role players, and a fine coach.

Bring it on though as they do not have Parker, Duncan or Ginobili and once again will be spending the early summer at the old fishing hole but it is nice to dream is it not Mavs fans?

I am in Reno this week at a conference, and the most recent sports book here has the Spurs and Pistons 7:5 to win and the Mavs in the 5th position at 1:8, i.e., in the bottom of the second tier of challengers behind the Suns at 1:5, the Heat at 1:3,

Sounds like a bargain but if I was down to my last dollar it is going on the Spurs not the Mavs and believe me the guys who make a living running the sports books know the same thing.

I asked the "bookie" this AM why the Mavs were seemingly such a good buy - he said "BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE THE MAVS"
and says that all the serious betters always hedge the Spurs - they are that respected!

Willinsa
02-23-2006, 09:16 PM
I laugh at many Mav fans who already have them beating us in 7, for all we know Dork can go down tomorrow and there goes thw season.

Leetonidas
02-23-2006, 09:17 PM
When were the Mavs ever in a game 7 in the WCF? I know one year they made it in mid-late 80's (I havent googled it yet, just off the top of my head) with the Derek Harper, Rolando Blackman crew, well I think they did one of those years.

We won't play the Mavs in the WCF. We will play them in the second round.

boutons_
02-23-2006, 09:19 PM
"... you won't get banned."

but you will get IGNOREd. plonk!

2centsworth
02-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Mavs are kinda better but not as dangerous as when they had Steve Nash. They're just benefiting from the league as a whole be weaker than usual. I still don't see them in the Class of a SA, Detroit, Miami, or Phoenix (w/amare).

Dunc
02-23-2006, 09:29 PM
"... you won't get banned."

but you will get IGNOREd. plonk!

Ignored by who? I think everybody in here loves a challenge :)

Kori Ellis
02-23-2006, 09:29 PM
I think they are much better this season. I said in the beginning of the year that I thought they'd be in the WCF. Defensively they are much better than last year and Josh Howard is a great sidekick to Dirk.

But we'll see come playoff time.

Leetonidas
02-23-2006, 09:31 PM
I think they are much better this season. I said in the beginning of the year that I thought they'd be in the WCF. Defensively they are much better than last year and Josh Howard is a great sidekick to Dirk.

But we'll see come playoff time.

You really think they can't beat us in the Semis?

Kori Ellis
02-23-2006, 09:33 PM
You really think they can't beat us in the Semis?

No. I don't think they'll beat the Spurs.

I said in the beginning of the season (like within the first 10 games) that I thought they'd make it to the WCF and play the Spurs. But obviously if the standings remain the same that can't happen. But there's a lot of basketball left. Someone could go on a losing streak and end up the 6th seed for all we know.

Leetonidas
02-23-2006, 09:34 PM
That would be interesting.

David Stern is a freakin' moron. He really needs to fix that seeding.

spurs=bling
02-23-2006, 09:34 PM
welcome to spurstalk.....and there is nothing wrong with dreaming.

ptp39
02-23-2006, 09:48 PM

ptp39
02-23-2006, 09:50 PM
It was in the late 80's I want to say in 87 or 89 I was in Germany and they actually were winning until magic took over with about 5 min to play in the 4th.

for those who spend so much time searching for grammer errors oh well. spell check is for term papers.

ptp39
02-23-2006, 09:52 PM
I love the smack of the Mavs fans, bring it on, they deserve to have high hopes and have a very, very good team, a legit superstar in Dirk, some nice role players, and a fine coach.

Bring it on though as they do not have Parker, Duncan or Ginobili and once again will be spending the early summer at the old fishing hole but it is nice to dream is it not Mavs fans?

I am in Reno this week at a conference, and the most recent sports book here has the Spurs and Pistons 7:5 to win and the Mavs in the 5th position at 1:8, i.e., in the bottom of the second tier of challengers behind the Suns at 1:5, the Heat at 1:3,

Sounds like a bargain but if I was down to my last dollar it is going on the Spurs not the Mavs and believe me the guys who make a living running the sports books know the same thing.

I asked the "bookie" this AM why the Mavs were seemingly such a good buy - he said "BECAUSE THEY ARE STILL WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE THE MAVS"
and says that all the serious betters always hedge the Spurs - they are that respected!

ptp39
02-23-2006, 09:53 PM
seems to me like those bookies put all that money on the lakers a few years ago. What happened???? Just to name a few there are others remember the yankees when they were favored???????

Kori Ellis
02-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Tip: You can quote the person and respond in the same post.

ptp39
02-23-2006, 09:59 PM
I have a right to post just like the spurs homers!!!!!!!!!! Don't get so upset it is only one mans opinion. I just figured the mavs could represent in a more responsible way and let those spurs fanatics make the fools of themselves.

Like the moderator has said already deleted 10 post. On our board we welcome other opinions. Even my nemesis a avid rockets fan is welcome there.

Kori Ellis
02-23-2006, 10:01 PM
You could have posted this in your other thread.

I'll merge them together.

ShoogarBear
02-23-2006, 10:13 PM

Learn to scroll.Got that, Sequ? No bullying.

2centsworth
02-23-2006, 10:26 PM
seems to me like those bookies put all that money on the lakers a few years ago. What happened???? Just to name a few there are others remember the yankees when they were favored???????
welcome to the board, but since you're new let me clue you in on something that happens on this board every few months. Fans from other teams who are having some success such as, Indiana and Miami will come to this board and swear their team will beat the spurs or better yet win the championship.

Fans of this board in general only take Detroit fans seriously, and fans from other teams should give the spurs their due and instead of guaranteeing victory, just hope for it. Otherwise, you sound very trollish.

samikeyp
02-23-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't think it will take 7 games.

I think the Mavs will win their first round series in less! :p

mavsfan1000
02-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Well the mavs can beat the spurs but it is a long shot. The spurs are a great team and everything would have to go right.

ptp39
02-23-2006, 10:59 PM
You could have posted this in your other thread.

I'll merge them together.

ptp39
02-23-2006, 11:00 PM
thats cool I'm not a form genius and won't pretend to be. Butttttttttt you got some people here who have serious problems with people whoes opinions differ. That is the only reason I started the other thread.

Dunc
02-23-2006, 11:03 PM
thats cool I'm not a form genius and won't pretend to be. Butttttttttt you got some people here who have serious problems with people whoes opinions differ. That is the only reason I started the other thread.

You have two threads? Man, I must not have been paying attention to ya :) Sorry! :smokin

Kori Ellis
02-23-2006, 11:04 PM

Well, some people here are a little touchy because of some of the stuff that has gone on here lately with Mavs fans. Mavs fans coming here just to talk crap without having any basketball takes at all, and then just posting multiple threads in a matter of minutes just trashing me, this site, and the Spurs, etc. isn't good for a discussion forum.

ptp39
02-23-2006, 11:14 PM
to be honest they that is learned behavior!!!! the mavs forum has some trolls who they tolerate because they have some knowledge but!!!!!!! they do trash the mavs and it is tolerated to some degree. I'm sure if you went to the mavs forum and asked about me they would say I can be an ass buttttttttt I do have some knowledge. I'm only here to represent in a more peaceful way. The spurs are good and can win butttttt this is not their year.

Joepa
02-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Yeah it does it kind of old, and the cycle seems to repeat itself twice a week. Mavs in 7 they all say, but no one really has a reason to guarantee that the mavs can take the spurs. Sure, they could take the spurs to seven, but then so could the Suns, who right now I think are more of a threat than the Mavs because a team like that with Amare coming back is a damn good team.

I just don't see it: The Mavs have a phenom in Dirk, but he's never shown playoff mettle, and the people outside of him are completely untested (such as Terry, Howard, and KVH.)

Compare them to a team like the spurs, and they're really no comparison.

Welcome to the board, though dude. I hope you are different than the other trolls that have come along recently.

mavsfan1000
02-23-2006, 11:20 PM
There is definitely a lot of trash talking on this forum as well as you are allowed to talk some trash back as long as you are somewhat respectful to spurs fans. If you totally trash them than expect a ban.

ptp39
02-23-2006, 11:31 PM
I just don't see it: The Mavs have a phenom in Dirk, but he's never shown playoff mettle
you got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!! go back and look at the record. If I remember right against the spurs a few years ago he avg like 30 pts and 10 boards in the 2nd season.

milkyway21
02-24-2006, 12:23 AM

peace outif I am confident that my team wins the title I'd cry Spurs in 4 or 5!!!!!! .

:shootme

pking
02-24-2006, 12:33 AM
Ah, its a bummer when Mavs fans make these kinds of posts. It's like those annoying fans at the games who complain about no-calls when there really was no call to be made. You just want to tell them to shut up. They make other fans look horrible.

Anyway, not all Mavs fans came here to talk shit. I like and respect the Spurs, and with the exception of a few excuse makers and shit talkers, I think this is one of the better basketball boards I've been on.

SequSpur
02-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Welcome to the forum.

As long as you don't get into any attacking or spamming of the forum, you won't get banned.

mavs in 7 isn't spam enough?

uh... okay......

Kori Ellis
02-24-2006, 12:36 AM
mavs in 7 isn't spam enough?

uh... okay......

No. It's an opinion. A prediction of sorts.

It's wrong of course, but it's not spam.

Trainwreck2100
02-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Got that, Sequ? No bullying.

You know better than to try to control Sequ, remember what happened to the last guy? There was just enough left behind to make a DNA match. :depressed

Dunc
02-24-2006, 12:40 AM
:lmao

SequSpur
02-24-2006, 12:40 AM
No. It's an opinion. A prediction of sorts.

It's wrong of course, but it's not spam.

Its in the Spurs forum, it 20 exclamation marks... there is absolutely no take, just bullshit....

sounds like the definition of spam to me.

Just more bullshit in the Spurs forum.

Kori Ellis
02-24-2006, 12:41 AM
Its in the Spurs forum, it 20 exclamation marks... there is absolutely no take, just bullshit....

sounds like the definition of spam to me.

Just more bullshit in the Spurs forum.

Learn to scroll.

SequSpur
02-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Umm...

I thought if I read it, I might get a virus or something.

If I got an email that said Mavs in 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I would delete it, because its probably bullshit.

milkyway21
02-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Ah, its a bummer when Mavs fans make these kinds of posts. It's like those annoying fans at the games who complain about no-calls when there really was no call to be made. You just want to tell them to shut up. They make other fans look horrible.
Anyway, not all Mavs fans came here to talk shit. I like and respect the Spurs, and with the exception of a few excuse makers and shit talkers, I think this is one of the better basketball boards I've been on.i find most Mavs fans here funny and hilarious than annoying...or horrible.

like mouse and all his AKAs :lol

Kori Ellis
02-24-2006, 12:43 AM
If I got an email that said Mavs in 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I would delete it, because its probably bullshit.

I feel the same when I get an email that says "From Sequspur".
:smokin

queeniesuck
02-24-2006, 12:45 AM
The Mavs will win in 6. The Mavs is much better this year because of Avery, the record says it all.

http://www.geocities.com/queeniesuck/shortybball.jpg

milkyway21
02-24-2006, 12:45 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

SequSpur
02-24-2006, 12:46 AM

That's bullshit right there, because I haven't emailed you in 3 years.

Kori Ellis
02-24-2006, 12:47 AM
That's bullshit right there, because I haven't emailed you in 3 years.

I was making a joke. :depressed

SequSpur
02-24-2006, 12:48 AM
I was making a joke. :depressed

I was just playing some defense. :wink

Trainwreck2100
02-24-2006, 01:48 AM
You know better than to try to control Sequ, remember what happened to the last guy? There was just enough left behind to make a DNA match. :depressed

ptp39
02-24-2006, 03:35 AM
well I can see that I made some members mad!!!!! Thats funny, lets be clear the spurs are good no their great but the mavs are getting there. I said 7 because of how good the spurs are and they will not be a pushover. Buttttttt the mavs are doing things this year they never did before and if memory serves me they always played the spurs tough. Most people want proof as to why I think they will win or say something along the lines why in 7 if the mavs are that good. Don't have any just my humble opinion.

Gamabunta
02-24-2006, 03:38 AM
well I can see that I made some members mad!!!!! Thats funny, lets be clear the spurs are good no their great but the mavs are getting there. I said 7 because of how good the spurs are and they will not be a pushover. Buttttttt the mavs are doing things this year they never did before and if memory serves me they always played the spurs tough. Most people want proof as to why I think they will win or say something along the lines why in 7 if the mavs are that good. Don't have any just my humble opinion.

That's kind of funny

mavsfan1000
02-24-2006, 04:06 AM
How is that funny? Spelling errors are funny?

Pandaemonaeon
02-24-2006, 05:35 AM
I think the threadstarter's a douche but c'mon, making fun of someone's grammar is just pathetic... especially when it's your first post :lol

AFE7FATMAN
02-24-2006, 06:36 AM
The Mavs will win in 6. The Mavs is much better this year because of Avery, the record says it all.

This guy remind me of AJ drippling it off his foot in Utah

ptp39
02-24-2006, 08:38 AM
I think the threadstarter's a douche but c'mon, making fun of someone's grammar is just pathetic... especially when it's your first post

always one with the insults. your real tough on the keyboard.

implacable44
02-24-2006, 09:44 AM

The Mavs IS better? -which one ? and who is this MAVS better than ?

Hank Hill
02-24-2006, 09:46 AM
I love the Dallas Cowboys but I think them boys from San Antonio will whip up on those there Mavricks.

Good to see both teams doing well

queeniesuck
02-24-2006, 11:52 AM
The Mavs IS better? -which one ? and who is this MAVS better than ?

This year mavs, of course. They are better than previous year Mavs, and ultimately better than the Spurs :rolleyes

Joepa
02-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Wow. You're not the first Mavlick fan to say that. How about being the first guy to explain why the Mavlicks are "ultimately better than the Spurs"?

TheBlueVan
02-24-2006, 12:27 PM
nekst thursday wil be a gud game

(anyone wanna spell check my posts?)

Gamabunta
02-24-2006, 12:52 PM
How is that funny? Spelling errors are funny?

No the fact that he was able to distinguish their from there, but not they're from their.

Jimcs50
02-24-2006, 01:44 PM

peace out

I agree, this is the Mavs' year...they are better than the Spurs...no doubt about it.

Duncanoypi
02-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Is Josh Howard injured because of collision last night?

TOP-CHERRY
02-24-2006, 02:30 PM
You people are funny.

"raper".. hahahaha

FromWayDowntown
02-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Whattttttttt is with the use of all the t's in every use of the word buttttttttt?

TOP-CHERRY
02-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Whottt has converted to Maverickism.

Gamabunta
02-24-2006, 02:42 PM
You people are funny.

"raper".. hahahaha

That's what I'm saying, but then I get grilled for it.

MadDog73
02-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Just to add my own Spam...

Kobe > Mavs :lol

mavsfan1000
02-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Just to add my own Spam...

Kobe > Mavs :lol
5-22. :lol

Gamabunta
02-24-2006, 03:46 PM
5-22. :lol

61 :lol

mavsfan1000
02-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Well when Dallas really focused on guarding Kobe they did and therefore totally shut him out. Dallas was turning the ball over like crazy against the lakers the game Kobe scored 61.

Joepa
02-24-2006, 03:50 PM
So you're saying the Mavs are defensively inconsistent?

mavsfan1000
02-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah. 1 out of every 10 games they are very bad on defense.

Dunc
02-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah. 1 out of every 10 games they are very bad on defense.
Yeah, if by 1 out of every 10 games you mean they are outscored by one player through three quarters, I guess that's a pretty good ratio. Way to understate one of the most humiliating performances in recent history by a supposed contender.

mavsfan1000
02-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Yeah, if by 1 out of every 10 games you mean they are outscored by one player through three quarters, I guess that's a pretty good ratio. Way to understate one of the most humiliating performances in recent history by a supposed contender.
No matter how embarrassing it was it's only 1 game. Btw Kobe went off on Artest last night as well. It just shows how streaky Kobe is and there is no stopping him when he is on his game. Of course you have homer glasses on and don't see that point of view but what do I expect.

Dunc
02-24-2006, 06:14 PM
No matter how embarrassing it was it's only 1 game. Btw Kobe went off on Artest last night as well. It just shows how streaky Kobe is and there is no stopping him when he is on his game. Of course you have homer glasses on and don't see that point of view but what do I expect.
Dude, I'm a Pistons fan. I have no axe to grind against the Mavs. I'm just commenting on what I see.

Pandaemonaeon
02-24-2006, 07:49 PM
always one with the insults. your real tough on the keyboard.

You deal with insults (on the INTERNET no less) with bodily harm? What, are you a grade school bully with grocery bagging in his list of future endeavors?

Rummpd
02-24-2006, 09:07 PM
I like this rivarly - good for the game, lets all get along until the still stronger Spurs as usual kick the Mavs tail and then they will all dissapear for another off season.

Ozzman
02-24-2006, 11:47 PM
It'll be a spurs sweep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stay Puff is already prepping for the beatdown!!!!!!!
Finley will get his revenge on Dirk for all the years Stay Puff kept him under the curtains and hogged the spotlight for himself

Like Maloof Says: BELIEVE THAT MUTHAFUCKAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mavsfan1000
02-25-2006, 12:05 AM
lmao at even an idea that the spurs will sweep. It is going 6 or 7 and is an even series. The spurs even had trouble beating a tired Grizzlies team while the mavs beat them by 10.

SequSpur
02-25-2006, 12:06 AM
lmao at even an idea that the spurs will sweep. It is going 6 or 7 and is an even series. The spurs even had trouble beating a tired Grizzlies team while the mavs beat them by 10.

If the Spurs have home court... Dallas will get swept.

Now can you please leave? or go type your bullshit in the NBA forum where your supposed to be.

Dunc
02-25-2006, 12:07 AM
In all fairness you can't compare two teams by who they've beaten and by how much. You certainly can't extrapolate a winner of a playoff series three months down the road based on how they both played against the Grizz. Your argument is lame.

mavsfan1000
02-25-2006, 12:08 AM
I have the right to post here. You can move the thread to the nba section if you want.

SequSpur
02-25-2006, 12:09 AM
I have the right to post here. You can move the thread to the nba section if you want.

You don't have a right to shit as far as I'm concerned.

Get a ring and a Mav Forum and you got some fuckin rights.

mavsfan1000
02-25-2006, 12:11 AM
Well we should add a mavs subforum under the trolls section. :lol

Pandaemonaeon
02-25-2006, 04:55 AM
You don't have a right to shit as far as I'm concerned.

I laughed. This sounds like a line you'd hear from a Jerry Bruckheimer movie :lol

z0sa
02-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Dirk can't guard Duncan. Nor can anyone else on the team. So you better start hoping his foot really bothers him.

mavsfan1000
02-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Dirk isn't going to guard Duncan. Diop and Dampier are going to. Gasol is even quicker than Duncan so if Diop and Dampier can stay in front of them than I say they can do the same with Duncan.

Leetonidas
02-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Dirk isn't going to guard Duncan. Diop and Dampier are going to. Gasol is even quicker than Duncan so if Diop and Dampier can stay in front of them than I say they can do the same with Duncan.

You still looking for someone to stop Manu?

Leetonidas
02-25-2006, 07:57 PM

And by the way, I believe the Spurs went 3-1 versus the Grizzlies is '04 and what happend in the first round? Sweep?