PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Buss contacts Wolves to discuss Garnett availability???

adidas11
02-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Just mentioned on TNT by Cheryl Miller. I seriously doubt this ever happens though.

Kori Ellis
02-23-2006, 11:05 PM
Why is he contacting him after the trade deadline? :wtf

Peter
02-23-2006, 11:07 PM
So now the Lakers try to rectify their mistake of letting a top 5 player with a grandfathered salary go by going after another. Man, did they ever fuck up by letting Kobe talk them into dumping Shaq.

E20
02-23-2006, 11:07 PM
I miss the Laker Spurs rivarly.

infinite styles
02-23-2006, 11:14 PM
I can't see Garnett in purple and gold.

Dunc
02-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Offseason trade, maybe? I don't know what the Lackers are going to give up for him, though. Kwame, Smush, Lamar? I'm not sure of the salaries except that KG is in the area of $18-20M, and I don't know what the Lakers have salary wise. Must be an off-season deal though.

infinite styles
02-23-2006, 11:44 PM
I tried it on the ESPN deal and it worked with Odom, Medvedenko, Walton and Profit. But that definitely wouldn't work considering Odom is the only one under contract for next year. Lakers only have 7 players under contract for next year with Odom, Kwame, Mihm and Bynum being the only tradeable ones.

JMarkJohns
02-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Kwame, Smush, Lamar?

I'd rather kill myself than add that crap to this (Davis, Blount, Jaric, Hassell, McCants) crap.

That would be one of the worst teams in the league and thanks to contracts, would be such for a very long time.

I doubt Garnett gets moved for anything less than another top-15 player, instant CAP relief and/or 2/3 1st-rounders, specifically 1 or 2 lottory picks.

They can no longer get the combination of the three for him, but any deal that doesn't include one of the three, isn't even worth a second glance.

Dunc
02-24-2006, 12:39 AM
The Lakers would be stupid to move Bynum, I think. He might turn out to be pretty good one day.

Peter
02-24-2006, 12:47 AM
The Knicks have piled up plenty of names now. If I'm not mistaken, Jalen Rose's contract is up in 2007. That would go a long way to giving Minny some cap relief. Problem is, the Knicks don't have that much in the way of young talent.

romsey31
02-24-2006, 08:42 AM
The Knicks have piled up plenty of names now. If I'm not mistaken, Jalen Rose's contract is up in 2007. That would go a long way to giving Minny some cap relief. Problem is, the Knicks don't have that much in the way of young talent.

The best trade they can get for KG is J O and someone else, I can see this happening also because of Bird & Mchales friendship.

George Gervin's Afro
02-24-2006, 09:28 AM
I miss the Laker Spurs rivarly.

In a painful way so do I. It's like having a girlfriend who is beautiful but unfaithful.. being with her is erotic, intoxicating, and addictive... then she goes out and bangs and your best friend.... you hate her..but you also miss her.. in a way you want her back..and in a way you hope that she loses everything in her 401k account when her employer goes bankrupt..... this sums up my feelings for the lakers..i am going back to work now..

adidas11
02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Why is he contacting him after the trade deadline? :wtf

I believe he was contacting them for a summer move Kori. Anyhow, I don't think Minny was interested at this time (what Cheryl Miller said...).

MoSpur
02-24-2006, 10:48 AM
In a painful way so do I. It's like having a girlfriend who is beautiful but unfaithful.. being with her is erotic, intoxicating, and addictive... then she goes out and bangs and your best friend.... you hate her..but you also miss her.. in a way you want her back..and in a way you hope that she loses everything in her 401k account when her employer goes bankrupt..... this sums up my feelings for the lakers..i am going back to work now..

:lmao X A MILLION

FUNNIEST THING I HAVE HEARD IN A LONG TIME. YET SO TRUE.

baseline bum
02-24-2006, 02:58 PM

Channing Frye, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Jamal Crawford, and Steve Francis are all pretty young. Frye has looked very impressive when I've seen him. Prob not the kind of talent to land a guy like KG, but they're not all old PFs.

Joepa
02-24-2006, 03:29 PM
The Lakers would be stupid to move Bynum, I think. He might turn out to be pretty good one day.

I agree. They shouldn't expect him to produce right now since he's so young anyway. I think he probably will do what J. O'neal did and bust out after a few years.

baseline bum
02-24-2006, 03:34 PM
All I've seen out of Bynum is the dunk on Shaq. He has to be the most overhyped young guy in the league. I mean, I wouldn't trade him for a so-so guy like Jalen Rose, Jamal Crawford, DA, etc., but this guy shouldn't be untouchable. Amare Stoudemire he is not. People here in LA act like he's a sure-fire Jermaine O'Neal.

Joepa
02-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Definitely not sure-fire, but he is playing under some weird circumstances with Mr. Ball-Hog. Wonder if he'd be any better on the Suns?

ducks
02-24-2006, 03:52 PM
Channing Frye, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Jamal Crawford, and Steve Francis are all pretty young. Frye has looked very impressive when I've seen him. Prob not the kind of talent to land a guy like KG, but they're not all old PFs.

thomas has even said frye is untouchable

I wished the spurs would have traded for him before he played a game in the nba. Spurs would have to give up alot for him now.