PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to hell.

aaronstampler
02-24-2006, 01:02 AM
I can't look at the TV when Ernie Johnson is on anymore. There. I said it. I'm going to hell. Still, seriously, they gotta do something about this. I feel bad for the guy, I hope he recovers fully, but still, it's kinda gross to look at. It's worse than Dick Vitale and Stu Scott combined.

boutons_
02-24-2006, 01:13 AM
I agree, esp if it going his face is going to swell more.

However, a lot of TV personalities' and guests' bodies are also grotesquely swollen from being morbidly obese (ie,sick). They are still on TV.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-24-2006, 01:14 AM
And you had the nerve to say you were disgusted at fans asking for players?

Kori Ellis
02-24-2006, 01:18 AM
I can't look at the TV when Ernie Johnson is on anymore. There. I said it. I'm going to hell. Still, seriously, they gotta do something about this. I feel bad for the guy, I hope he recovers fully, but still, it's kinda gross to look at. It's worse than Dick Vitale and Stu Scott combined.

Did you even notice before he announced it?

midgetonadonkey
02-24-2006, 01:19 AM
You aren't going to hell for that. I'm going to hell for getting the Mr. Roboto song in my head everytime my Lou Gehrig's Disease ridden boss rides by me in her motorized wheel chair. I can't help it, she reminds me of a robot.

gospursgojas
02-24-2006, 01:26 AM

Thats fucked up for real...

E20
02-24-2006, 01:58 AM
Ernie is so cool too, I feel mondo bad for him.

FreshPrince22
02-24-2006, 02:16 AM

I noticed it when he was standing at center court announcing the all-star game intros. I thought I was going crazy. Here's to hoping he gets better soon.

Kori Ellis
02-24-2006, 02:19 AM
I noticed it when he was standing at center court announcing the all-star game intros. I thought I was going crazy. Here's to hoping he gets better soon.

I noticed something was wrong then too. But this guy is acting like he is so repulsed that he can't look at him. So I'm just wondering if he is so sickened, he must have been being grossed out before it was announced (which is why I doubt he had even noticed).

angel_luv
02-24-2006, 02:21 AM
Ernie seems like a very nice man. Best wishes to him and his family.

aaronstampler
02-24-2006, 02:29 AM

hell yes I noticed it before. He looks like the bug who was wearing the human suit in men in black. I was wondering what the reason was.

Kori Ellis
02-24-2006, 02:31 AM
hell yes I noticed it before. He looks like the bug who was wearing the human suit in men in black. I was wondering what the reason was.

Why are you so grossed out by it to say "they gotta do something about this"?

There's fat/disabled/ugly people on television all the time.

You better be damn good looking to be so critical :lol

Brutalis
02-24-2006, 02:33 AM
huh? pics?

mavsfan1000
02-24-2006, 02:36 AM
I didn't feel grossed out at all but it was depressing to see.

aaronstampler
02-24-2006, 02:43 AM
Why are you so grossed out by it to say "they gotta do something about this"?

There's fat/disabled/ugly people on television all the time.

You better be damn good looking to be so critical :lol

I'm not saying they should fire him. Just give him paid leave til he gets treatment. Like I said, I feel bad for him and wish nothing for the best for him, but he just looks awfully weird right now. It's like a fat person's face with a skinny person's body.

Peter
02-24-2006, 02:44 AM
Sprewell and Thomas look healthy.

Welcome aboard.

aaronstampler
02-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Sprewell and Thomas look healthy.

Welcome aboard.

I probably have no defense at all for this, hence my topic's title. (sigh) :depressed

ZStomp
02-24-2006, 04:08 AM
http://www.yarayara.com/sab/hid.jpg

:tu

That movie rocks.

circles_eternal
02-24-2006, 04:16 AM
I didn't feel grossed out at all but it was depressing to see.

agreed. the TNT crew has become such a part of my basketball fanaticism, and to see an integral part of the team like this is...saddening.

boutons_
02-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Ernie's explanation on TV last night was matter-of-factly excellent and professional.

The best part was that there were no theatrics, no melodrama, and, above all and most surprisingly, no fucking tears and blubbering.

ObiwanGinobili
02-24-2006, 08:10 AM
ok.
I missed it.
wahst up with Ernie?

Kori Ellis
02-24-2006, 08:11 AM
ok.
I missed it.
wahst up with Ernie?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2006-02-22-tnt-johnson_x.htm

ObiwanGinobili
02-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Oh god thats awful!
I just thought he wasn't taking care of himself..... wow.
thats sucks.
I hope it goes into remission.

MrChug
02-24-2006, 09:29 AM
I dunno man, I've spent so many years watching Earnie he seems like part of the family and I feel horrible. I can't shun his entire presence because of a little swelling that might go away with some chemo.

...and to answer your question: Yes, you are going to hell. :fro

Joepa
02-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Yeah, it's pretty awful.

austinfan
02-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Ernie's explanation on TV last night was matter-of-factly excellent and professional.

The best part was that there were no theatrics, no melodrama, and, above all and most surprisingly, no fucking tears and blubbering.

Word. I thought he was very brave to do what he did, and in his decision to stay on the show for the rest of the season.

Aaron, at least you're being honest about it, but come on, get a sense of the priorities in life. Is it really that painful to look at a guy who's not giving up on life but facing it head on? I actually find it incredibly admirable and want to watch in order to support him. He's the one actually going through the cancer, you know, not us.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2006, 10:47 AM
I wonder if the swelling is painful. The only comment I had before I knew he was sick is why he wasn't shaving. He had the Tony Parker five o clock shadow thing going.

kskonn
02-24-2006, 11:17 AM
according to his press release it is not painful and he not showing signs of illness which is why he is continuing to stay on the show. According to his doctor the cancer is very treatable and not as aggressive as most cancer. He said the only reason he made his condition public was because his lymphnode was starting to swell and he was getting questions from viewers.

infinite styles
02-24-2006, 11:50 AM
To be honest I really don't pay attention to it anyways. It's apparently on the left side of his face and Kenny and Barkley both sit to his left so he is always facing that direction. Besides I'm usually too busy listening to what they are talking about rather than what they look like. Ernie's one of the good guys on TV and they need him on that show. So I hope all goes well this summer for him when he gets his treatments and I look forward to TNT Thursday Night for the 2006-07 season with all of them back.

cheguevara
02-24-2006, 11:57 AM
EJ is still more good-looking that Stephen A Smith.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Hopefully after all the treatment he has after the season, he stays healthy, and is able to continue on TNT. EJ is without a doubt the best studio guy in the business.

bdubya
02-24-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm going to hell for getting the Mr. Roboto song in my head ......

Mr. Roboto? You're already IN hell.

ObiwanGinobili
02-24-2006, 12:03 PM
EJ is still more good-looking that Stephen A Smith.

I agree.

But that's because when I watch ESPN I don't see SAS's real head. I just see a giant douche talking. :princess

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-24-2006, 01:15 PM
AaronStampler, that's bad karma, dude. Do you have any idea about the self-inflicted future trauma you are causing yourself?

Do you not watch "My Name Is Earl"? WTF?!!

Rummpd
02-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Sad commentary - walk through any hospital or many other employment situations and people are enduring and living iwith disabilities.

I personally admire Ernie Johnson so much I don't care what he looks like.

SpursWoman
02-24-2006, 01:32 PM
AaronStampler, that's bad karma, dude. Do you have any idea about the self-inflicted future trauma you are causing yourself?

No doubt. :fro

Peter
02-24-2006, 01:33 PM
I think it's natural that a smaller player has to have a sufficient ego to be able to make it in this league. This team is going to be Tony's at some point down the line. I mean, in general it's not a bad thing for a Spur to want the attention and to want the ball.

Taco
02-24-2006, 01:43 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2006-02-22-tnt-johnson_x.htm

WOW :wow

That Sucks for him

aaronstampler
02-24-2006, 03:16 PM

Do you not watch "My Name Is Earl"? WTF?!!

my life so far is playing out remarkably similar to Earl Hickey's, and I'm trying to be a good person. I really shouldn't have started this post. I regret it. Like I said, I hope Ernie recovers and is 100% again. I just don't understand why he won't start his treatment ASAP. I know he has pride about his job, but this isn't the kind of thing you can ignore. It's not like I'd blame any Spur who shut himself down for the season immediately if he was in Ernie's shoes.

kskonn
02-24-2006, 04:19 PM
I think it's natural that a smaller player has to have a sufficient ego to be able to make it in this league. This team is going to be Tony's at some point down the line. I mean, in general it's not a bad thing for a Spur to want the attention and to want the ball.

??????? :lol

ALVAREZ6
02-24-2006, 04:52 PM
That sucks, cancer sucks in general.

Best of wishes to EJ

san antonio spurs
02-24-2006, 06:47 PM
this is HOW to troll :lol
________
Ms.Fitness (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Ms.Fitness)

E20
02-24-2006, 07:57 PM
He didn't look bad to me during the all-star game..................he looked normal.