PDA

View Full Version : Anderson nursing strained hamstring

ducks
10-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Anderson nursing strained hamstring
Associated Press

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) _ Indiana Pacers point guard Kenny Anderson was held out of most of Monday's practice with a strained hamstring.

Anderson grimaced in pain while participating in conditioning drills but said he was not sure if he would be able to play in Indiana's preseason opener Wednesday night against Chicago.

``It's slowing me down a little bit,'' Anderson said after practice. ``I think I'll be all right.''

The free agent signee said his main concern now is developing chemistry with his teammates, not playing in preseason games.

``I really want to be with this team,'' Anderson said. ``I don't want to miss any beats with them. It's important for us to be on the same page.''

Still, the 12-year veteran is taking precautions to make sure the injury does not worsen.

``I have to monitor it so it doesn't linger into the season,'' he said.

The injury puts Anderson in jeopardy of falling behind in the Pacers' crowded point guard race that includes incumbent Jamaal Tinsley and free agents Anthony Johnson and Omar Cook.

``Luckily for us we have some depth at point guard right now,'' Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said.link (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageId=24289271)

Pooh
10-06-2003, 07:36 PM
I like the fact that he's thinking of the team, instead of the individual. He's more concerned with the chemistry of the team. I think it's great. I also hope that Kenny gets better soon, that way Tins can learn a few things from him.