PDA

View Full Version : SpursTalk State of the Union Address

timvp
02-25-2006, 12:32 AM
With SpursTalk.com growing at an exceptional rate, we would like to take time out to thank everyone who has made this such a great resource of discussion for the San Antonio Spurs and the rest of the NBA. We believe that the genuinely good people of this community here is what makes the message board successful.

A few weeks ago, we were approached by an investor who is creating a network of sports websites wanting to acquire SpursTalk.com. The offer is very good -- a considerable lump sum plus an opportunity to make additional money on top of that.

The conditions would be that we would sell the site but remain in full control of the message boards. The site would become part of a bigger network, have a considerable number of advertisements on the forum, and other such things.

So for the past week or so, we have been weighing the pros and cons of selling and actually spent sleepless nights debating what to do. It was a tough decision to make, especially with the number of zeros behind the dollar sign, but we didn’t want to compromise the good thing that we have going here. We are proud of the fact that this is an independent site and the fact that there are no annoying ads to navigate around.

As of tonight, we decided to turn down the offer.

Yeah, we are probably a little crazy for turning down that much money. We just wanted you guys to know about it in case any of this became public.

Also, many people in the forum have come to us over the years to offer some financial support to SpursTalk.com. We’ve always turned them down in the past. However we have decided that if you would like to make a contribution, we are now accepting them for the first and probably the last time. To learn how you can donate, send an email to [email protected].

We have a bunch of aspects we’d like to improve with the site including a new integrated chatroom, an upgrade in the vBulletin software, a revamped FullSportPress.com engine and a couple neat add-ons we’ve been planning for the forum. We’d also like to offset some of the mounting server costs. With the playoffs quickly approaching, we want to be running smoothly at that point. Of course, no one is under any obligation to donate. But we’ve been asked so many times that we decided to make it an option for now.

We also invite you to join the SpursTalk Championship of Poker tournament that can be found in this thread (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35452) in The Club. We receive a nice bonus from a sponsor for each participant. It is a great way to win some money and to help support SpursTalk.com at the same time.

Thank you in advance and we greatly appreciate your participation here.

Sincerely,

Kori and LJ Ellis

Cant_Be_Faded
02-25-2006, 12:35 AM
ya'll are seriously the coolest conservatives in the nation

Dunc
02-25-2006, 12:36 AM
No doubt.

JoeChalupa
02-25-2006, 12:59 AM
Simply the best.

IceColdBrewski
02-25-2006, 01:27 AM
With SpursTalk.com growing at an exceptional rate, we would like to take time out to thank everyone who has made this such a great resource of discussion for the San Antonio Spurs and the rest of the NBA. We believe that the genuinely good people of this community here is what makes the message board successful.

A few weeks ago, we were approached by an investor who is creating a network of sports websites wanting to acquire SpursTalk.com. The offer is very good -- a considerable lump sum plus an opportunity to make additional money on top of that.

The conditions would be that we would sell the site but remain in full control of the message boards. The site would become part of a bigger network, have a considerable number of advertisements on the forum, and other such things.

So for the past week or so, we have been weighing the pros and cons of selling and actually spent sleepless nights debating what to do. It was a tough decision to make, especially with the number of zeros behind the dollar sign, but we didn’t want to compromise the good thing that we have going here. We are proud of the fact that this is an independent site and the fact that there are no annoying ads to navigate around.

As of tonight, we decided to turn down the offer.

Wow. Must have been a tough decision. You have my utmost respect for turning it down.

jaffies
02-25-2006, 02:55 AM
SpursTalk State of the Union Address

while reading this page...
I actually stood up 16 times and applauded

jaffies
02-25-2006, 02:58 AM
http://www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/nrac/posters/images/salute.gif

LuvBones
02-25-2006, 10:26 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif

lilmads
02-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks Kori and LJ:) You guys are awesome:)

Horry For 3!
02-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Awesome and I will donate some money :) I want the chatroom back, I miss the good ol days in there during games/playoffs.

samikeyp
02-25-2006, 11:35 AM
That took serious heart to do what you two did. Further proof that you both care about the people here more than anything.

Thank you.

George W Bush
02-25-2006, 01:32 PM
I will do my part and make more tax cuts
to support ST.

God Bless America :tu

midgetonadonkey
02-25-2006, 01:41 PM
That took serious heart to do what you two did. Further proof that you both care about the people here more than anything.

Thank you.

Word.

TOP-CHERRY
02-25-2006, 04:30 PM
You guys are amazing people.

PakiDan
02-25-2006, 05:53 PM
You make me want to leave the one I'm with, start a new relationship.

CharlieMac
02-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Most people would have sold, including myself. I think we're all glad that you didn't, but would have understood if you did. You two are good people.

Faccia di Angelo
02-26-2006, 10:13 PM

Thank you.
Ditto. Thanks you two for making this a cool place to come to.

batman2883
02-26-2006, 10:45 PM
I fucking love you guys!!!!

Taco
02-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Fan Freaking Tastic!!!!