PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Boo'ed @ Home...Would you "Boo" a Spur?

SoCalSpursFan
02-25-2006, 02:14 PM
James missed his final seven from the line -- and was even booed in the final minutes. After missing a shot from the wing with 5 seconds left, he angrily ripped off his headband, threw it into the crowd and walked off the court.

James said he "of course" heard the boos, adding, "If these fans want to boo me, it's on them."

I don't know if I woulda boo'ed the kid...he is barely 21 and top 10 in almost every category in the NBA statistically, not to mention he is only going to get better...however, he is not very clutch.

As far as I am concerned, give the kid a break...

I would never boo a spur for a bad shooting night or performance night, then again, I might boo if they had bad nights ALL THE TIME *cough* rasho *cough*

j/k

<----Loves Rasho.

thoughts?

Old School Chic
02-25-2006, 02:18 PM
We only boo David Stern :lol

midgetonadonkey
02-25-2006, 02:21 PM
We only boo David Stern :lol

And Ray Allen.

spurs=bling
02-25-2006, 02:27 PM
And Ray Allen.
And Derek Fisher

SequSpur
02-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Remember the first time Derrick Anderson came back to play in SA after leaving?

That was the loudest fucking boos I've ever heard in my life... Every time he was involved the whole place stood up and booed his ass...

Great.

v2freak
02-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Depends on the situation but I wouldn't rule out booing a Spur

Old School Chic
02-25-2006, 03:21 PM
i would boo SequSpur

:tu :D

midgetonadonkey
02-25-2006, 03:31 PM
I'd boo my mom if she was a Spur and didn't bring her "A" game.

midgetonadonkey
02-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Actually, if my mom was a Spur I would question the whole organization.

Brutalis
02-25-2006, 03:40 PM
depends, does his last name end in "vic?"

Winnipeg_Spur
02-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Maybe, but I'd never boo the franchise player...

thispego
02-25-2006, 03:49 PM
thats hilarious
those fans want him to stay in cleveland dont they?

Kori Ellis
02-25-2006, 04:00 PM
thats hilarious
those fans want him to stay in cleveland dont they?

That's what I was thinking.

I would never boo a Spur. I probably wouldn't even boo a former Spur.

spurs=bling
02-25-2006, 04:24 PM
Actually, if my mom was a Spur I would question the whole organization.
Okaay

phyzik
02-25-2006, 04:31 PM
Lebron to Spurs!!! :lol

SequSpur
02-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Does Booing Carl Herrera count?

Samr
02-25-2006, 04:52 PM
I'd rather not remember that Carl Herrera was a Spur. Hell, I'm not even sure he was a basketball player. Pop put him in when he wanted to show off by playing 4-on-5.

CIA Pop?

Lady Marmalade
02-25-2006, 05:24 PM
No I wouldn't boo a Spur.

yourtehclay
02-25-2006, 05:30 PM
i would never boo a spur, i suddenly became a finley fan when he became a spur. Before that i couldn't stand him

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-25-2006, 05:37 PM
The fans in Cleveland will probably enjoy watching Lebron in a Lakers uniform someday.

pache100
02-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Never. I don't boo players of any team in any sport. But, most especially, I would never boo any Spur for any reason.

Sportman
02-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I think you cant boo people who won three or two championships, that would be unfair!!

Kori Ellis
02-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Never. I don't boo players of any team in any sport. But, most especially, I would never boo any Spur for any reason.

I used to boo the hell out of the Lakers when I lived in L.A.

And I would boo Ray Allen if I went to a game as a fan. (I can't boo or cheer on press row).

Sportman
02-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Maybe if i was a fan of other team, i would boo BRUCE LEE BOWEN. And i would just do that because he does very well his job.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-25-2006, 06:07 PM
(I can't boo or cheer on press row).

I understand that Ninja does, so why not, Kori? Go for it!

Kori Ellis
02-25-2006, 06:07 PM

:lol It's really frowned upon.

1Parker1
02-25-2006, 06:09 PM
:lmao Sixers and AI get booed ALL the time here in Philly. Hell, I remember last year one game the Sixers were playing so badly, the fans starting chanting...E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!

I don't know why the heck Iverson loves this city so much. :lol

1Parker1
02-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh and I'd never boo a Spur :angel

iamme
02-25-2006, 06:22 PM
why on earth would you boo someone who could possibly leave as a free agent, and leave the franchise in shambles?

ducks
02-25-2006, 06:37 PM
james is paying fans to boo him so he does not look bad when he bolts

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Nothing wrong with booing when a team or player is playing like shit...

iamme
02-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Nothing wrong with booing when a team or player is playing like shit...

hehe, that's fitting coming from "disgruntledLionFan" :fro

smeagol
02-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I think its time to start booing Manu :lol

yeahone
stupid fans the gonna see him visiting the arena once a year now

himat
:lmao Sixers and AI get booed ALL the time here in Philly. Hell, I remember last year one game the Sixers were playing so badly, the fans starting chanting...E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!

I don't know why the heck Iverson loves this city so much. :lol

one i remember was when chris webber was booed in one of his first games. no one has booed a pistons in the palace that i know of.

smeagol
02-25-2006, 07:15 PM
james is paying fans to boo him so he does not look bad when he bolts
Your hate for Lebron is ridiculous

baseline bum
02-25-2006, 07:16 PM
There's only three Spurs I've ever booed:

1) Steve Smith
2) Samaki Walker
3) Vinny Del Negro

nkdlunch
02-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Lebronze just talks about himself all the time. damn the wiz wooped them at home

TDfan2007
02-25-2006, 07:45 PM
I would never boo a Spur, but Lebron's crunchtime choking is starting to rival KG's. In a way he had it comming because of ALL of the times that he's fucked up in crunch time. But I still think that booing your franchise player is wrong, especially if he's going to be a free agent soon.

Phenomanul
02-25-2006, 08:28 PM
I would never boo a Spur, but Lebron's crunchtime choking is starting to rival KG's. In a way he had it comming because of ALL of the times that he's fucked up in crunch time. But I still think that booing your franchise player is wrong, especially if he's going to be a free agent soon.

It's funny you mention that cause Carmelo, Wade and even Bosh have hit game winning jumpers...

All-Star snub Carmelo has at least hit 3 or 4 that I can remember.

BTW Cleveland good luck trying to re-sign your franchise player if you all keep showing that type of support.

rayray2k8
02-25-2006, 08:35 PM
I dont think we have ever booed a spur player... ever

Old School Chic
02-26-2006, 12:02 AM
I dont think we have ever booed a spur player... ever

Not true! Let's not forget when they booed Malik Rose last year...
Remember the over the head shirt crap he pulled :lol

Samr
02-26-2006, 02:07 AM
I proudly boo Malik. Damn overpriced cheesesteak sandwiches......

As far as I am concerned, if you are not wearing the silver and black, you are the enemy, which I heckle on a regular, and habitually, basis. Bonus points if you left the Spurs for a "better" team. I hate you more on principle, regardless of what you have done for us in the past. In fact, the boos increase exponentially in that case. If Duncan was on another team I might consider tossing a coke at him.

However, more on topic, the Cleveland fans should realize that the more they boo LeBron, the closer he is to leaving. Take him away, and the entire franchise crumbles. It was built around him, with the assumption that he'd be staying. Give him reason, any reason, to bolt, and you have yourself a Class A perennial lottery contender.

However, since LeBron is the enemy, I hope they keep booing him. Nothing is quite as sweet as seeing a successful franchise fall flat on their face. Damn how I love this game.

SequSpur
02-26-2006, 02:09 AM
Were they really booing Lebron or were they booing the system?

The System = the teamwork, the coaches philosophy, the referees, the lack of aggressiveness, etc?

Maybe it just seemed that they were booing Lebron, but they weren't?

I don't think Mike Brown is going to take them to the next level anyway.

Dunc
02-26-2006, 02:14 AM
Were they really booing Lebron or were they booing the system?

The System = the teamwork, the coaches philosophy, the referees, the lack of aggressiveness, etc?

Maybe it just seemed that they were booing Lebron, but they weren't?

I don't think Mike Brown is going to take them to the next level anyway.

I agree with alot of your points, Sequ, but I think you're stretching there. I think the fans were just pissed off that LeBron can't close out a game the way a player of his stature should.

SequSpur
02-26-2006, 02:27 AM
I agree with alot of your points, Sequ, but I think you're stretching there. I think the fans were just pissed off that LeBron can't close out a game the way a player of his stature should.

Mike Brown needs to draw up a got damn play that has options rather than running it through Lebron.

Like Lebron penetrates and dishes, etc...

I saw one game where Lebron is supposed to get the shot and then passes it to Pavlovic with no time to shoot... game over... a loss.

They are still in the playoff hunt, they are going out in the first round anyway.

I just don't think Mike Brown has enough experience to be a headcoach of a team with a player like Lebron..

Sorry.

Shawn Carter
02-26-2006, 05:18 AM
I don't know if I woulda boo'ed the kid...he is barely 21 and top 10 in almost every category in the NBA statistically, not to mention he is only going to get better...however, he is not very clutch.

As far as I am concerned, give the kid a break...

I would never boo a spur for a bad shooting night or performance night, then again, I might boo if they had bad nights ALL THE TIME *cough* rasho *cough*

j/k

<----Loves Rasho.

thoughts?

I wouldnt boo any Spur or LeBron. He is still a developing player and hes already an elite player in the NBA. What a good way to support LeBron by booing him. some fans up there in Cleveland

rwb
02-26-2006, 07:14 AM
Dear Cleveland fans:

Please keep booing Lebron. Perhaps he'll make the same choice Finley and VE did.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Spurs

jochhejaam
02-26-2006, 07:26 AM
why on earth would you boo someone who could possibly leave as a free agent, and leave the franchise in shambles?
Right, at least wait until you've signed him to a long term contract before you boo him. :lol Foolish fans.

jochhejaam
02-26-2006, 07:40 AM
(I can't boo or cheer on press row).
That reminds me of some action from the recent Pistons/Bulls game where Nocioni went up for a shot and was fouled, the ball bouced a couple of feet away from the rim and Chandler put it back in. The refs for some reason thought it was put in on Nocioni's original shot (they must have had terrible angles because it wasn't even close) and counted the basket, Bill Laimbeer was doing the telecast for the Pistons and we could hear him yelling to the refs that "the basket didn't go in" and the refs stopped the game to confer about it. In the meantime Scott Skiles, who knew Nocioni didn't make the basket, was yelling at the refs saying "why are you listening to him"? Laimbeer got a kick out of it. Funny stuff.

(I'm not sure if telecasters are considered a part of press row)

sanman53
02-26-2006, 08:22 AM
If we would have signed the Mailman, I think I would have boo'd him.

scott
02-26-2006, 10:41 AM
If I saw Rasho in a parking lot, I'm pretty sure I'd even boo him there.

Samr
02-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Anyone remember the Sean Elliot incident in the Finals?

Rick Von Braun
02-26-2006, 09:40 PM
That reminds me of some action from the recent Pistons/Bulls game where Nocioni went up for a shot and was fouled, the ball bouced a couple of feet away from the rim and Chandler put it back in. The refs for some reason thought it was put in on Nocioni's original shot (they must have had terrible angles because it wasn't even close) and counted the basket, Bill Laimbeer was doing the telecast for the Pistons and we could hear him yelling to the refs that "the basket didn't go in" and the refs stopped the game to confer about it. In the meantime Scott Skiles, who knew Nocioni didn't make the basket, was yelling at the refs saying "why are you listening to him"? Laimbeer got a kick out of it. Funny stuff.

(I'm not sure if telecasters are considered a part of press row) Yep, I saw that game. Even though it was an obvious referee mistake, I thought it was completely out of the whack for the zebras to change the call based on what a telecaster said... and this happened like 30 seconds after Nocioni hit the "and 1" FT... to me that was even worse.

The zebras could not and should not review decisions based on the TV replay. Otherwise, you open a whole different can of worms.

CharlieMac
02-26-2006, 09:41 PM
I'd never boo a Spur. I have no idea what goes through a fan's mind when they boo the franchise like that.

Rick Von Braun
02-26-2006, 09:43 PM
And regarding this thread... the Cleveland's fans are morons... they have no idea how good Lebron James is... he is still young and sometimes immature, but for the most part he is fantastic and with unlimited potential... they should embrace him.

CharlieMac
02-26-2006, 09:51 PM
And regarding this thread... the Cleveland's fans are morons... they have no idea how good Lebron James is... he is still young and sometimes immature, but for the most part he is fantastic and with unlimited potential... they should embrace him.

The funny thing is that they boo as if they are used to winning.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Next time they should cheer when he blows a game, ya know, to pamper his ego...

Mog
02-26-2006, 10:24 PM
I'd never boo a Spur. I have no idea what goes through a fan's mind when they boo the franchise like that.

The day a fan boos his team ? he or she should take off their jersey and find another team!

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Does anyone else remember the Spurs being booed in 1999 before they went on that hellacious tear?

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-26-2006, 11:14 PM
You'd hear me boo for any Spur named "Boo".

Dunc
02-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Any truth to what I heard about fans at the AT&T Center booing the Spurs after the Pistons game last month?

Vashner
02-27-2006, 12:26 AM
They are dumb for Boo'ing him.

When's his contract up? There are plenty teams that will kill to get him.

Vashner
02-27-2006, 12:27 AM
Does anyone else remember the Spurs being booed in 1999 before they went on that hellacious tear?

We threw that season.....

It was like WWF you know "whut round U want me down boss"..
And it was brilliant.. Duncan... the prize.. the chase.. the championship..

Friggin sports oraganisms all around... BOOM BOOM

I am gonna stay in this time warp thx for flops Pop...

Peter
02-27-2006, 12:29 AM
As much as TD gets dumped on in here I'd expect a few boos at the SBC, er..Sprint, er...Verizon, er...whatever Center.

Peter
02-27-2006, 12:33 AM

I remember that vividly. Getting booed voraciously as they were blown out at home by the Jazz on national TV. The crowd wanted Doc, who was in attendance and on Holt Cat's speed dial. I was surprised that Pop survived long enough to make it to Houston. AJ would not let his coach go out like that. Doc tried to make the Spurs pay for that, but to no evail.

Spurs fans love to dump on AJ, but he saved the day for the present Good Times©. Well, there was also the matter of hitting that baseline J, but I digress...

Spurminator
02-27-2006, 12:34 AM
I heard a few scattered boos during the last Pistons game after Detroit grabbed its 40th offensive rebound of the game and all of the white jerseys were standing around flat-footed.

Peter
02-27-2006, 12:36 AM
I felt tempted to boo at that game, but then I realized it was January. Still, that was sad.

Dunc
02-27-2006, 12:38 AM
I wasn't sure if it was true. I wasnt able to listen to or watch the game so I was going on second-hand quotes. I was surprised to hear that there was booing, and I didn't really believe it cuz I know you guys are like us, in that we support our boys to the end.

angel_luv
02-27-2006, 12:53 AM

:lol It's really frowned upon.

I would be in so much trouble. :lol :angel

angel_luv
02-27-2006, 01:01 AM
I remember when I first heard fans say " Bruuuuuuuuuce" I thought they were booing him.

I have never booed any of the guys. Sometimes in the heat of a play, when everyone is shouting, I yell something to the effect of " What the heck was that?" or " Give me a break guys." but that is as harsh as I get. :angel

I can tell by looking at the guys that they know when they've goofed up and that they feel bad. I just can't stay mad at them.

Dunc
02-27-2006, 01:03 AM
That's funny, cuz the first time my wife heard the fans say "Sheeeeeeeeeeeed" when he gets the ball, she thought he was being booed.

milkyway21
02-27-2006, 08:37 PM
As much as TD gets dumped on in here I'd expect a few boos at the SBC, er..Sprint, er...Verizon, er...whatever Center.I never been to AT&T Center & I hate to bring this up but i thought i read one article after the finals that there were some fans who cried boos when Timmy won the MVP award?