PDA

View Full Version : Once And For All...

Melmart1
02-25-2006, 05:20 PM
Please everyone, vote on whether you think that Seattled got 'jobbed' in the Super Bowl. The other thread doesn't seem to want to end, and there has been talk by more than one poster about how there should be a poll on it to see what other SpursTalkers think. Well, a lot of talk and no action. So I am gonna finally do it. Please vote and settle this debate once and for all, cus honestly there is stretch-run NBA, Olympics and MLB Opening Day is right around the corner. We should be talking about those instead. This should really be resolved by then or we (myself included) should all just shut up about it.

I left the poll as simple as possible, yes or no answer. No 'cute' answers or statements. Just a simple yes or no to hopefully settle this ongoing debate.

Guru of Nothing
02-26-2006, 01:15 AM
In a word, NO.

How much does the NFL pay referees?

IceColdBrewski
02-26-2006, 03:41 AM
Two interesting polls from ESPN.com

Do you think officiating mistakes affected the outcome of Super Bowl XL? (103,167 votes)
61.7% Yes
38.2% No

Did you enjoy the Super Bowl this year? (18,231 votes)
52.1% No
47.8% Yes

Which played the biggest role in determining the outcome of the game? (118,130 votes)
57.5% Officials missing calls
28.3% Seahawks not making plays
14.2% Steelers making plays

What grade would you give referee Bill Leavy's officiating crew for Super Bowl XL? (118,130 votes)
50.6% F
24.8% D
13.9% C
8.8% B
1.9% A

Do you think the official made the right call on Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference in the endzone, negating a Seattle touchdown in the first quarter? (118,130 votes)
73.8% No
20.5% Yes
5.7% I'm not sure

Do you think the football broke the plane of the goal line on Ben Roethlisberger's touchdown run in the second quarter? (118,130 votes)
59.3% No
25.9% Yes
14.8% I'm not sure

Do you think the official made the right call on Sean Locklear's holding penalty in the fourth quarter, negating an 18-yard reception to the one-yard line by Jerramy Stevens? (118,130 votes)
74.3% No
15.3% Yes
10.4% I'm not sure

------------

1) What grade would you give referee Bill Leavy's officiating crew for Super Bowl XL?

49.6% F

25.3% D

14.3% C

8.8% B

2.0% A

2) How do you rate the overall state of officiating in the NFL?

34.4% Average

33.1% Bad

19.2% Good

11.3% Abysmal

2.0% Excellent

3) Did the officiating in Sunday's game unfairly favor one team?

78.0% Unfairly favored the Steelers

16.7% The right calls were made

5.4% Unfairly favored the Seahawks

4) Which played the biggest role in determining the outcome of the game?

56.2% Officials missing calls

28.9% Seahawks not making plays

14.9% Steelers making plays

5) Do you think the official made the right call on Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference in the endzone, negating a Seattle touchdown in the first quarter?

72.7% No

21.7% Yes

5.6% I'm not sure

6) Do you think the football broke the plane of the goal line on Ben Roethlisberger's touchdown run in the second quarter?

59.0% No

26.4% Yes

14.5% I'm not sure

7) Do you think the official made the right call on Sean Locklear's holding penalty in the fourth quarter, negating an 18-yard reception to the one-yard line by Jerramy Stevens?

73.1% No

16.3% Yes

10.6% I'm not sure

Doesn't matter. This thread isn't going to solve anything. People are going to believe whatever they want to believe. Those of us who agree with the above results will obviously let the numbers do the talking. Those who don't will simply reach for an excuse as to why it isn't legit, and try to explain it away as "crying" or "whining".

Maybe next year we can get back to a time when big games are decided amongst the players on the field. Not amongst incompetent officiating.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2006, 01:08 PM
I'll agree the crew was bad, but there were at least three instances where bad calls went against the Steelers. The officials didn't allow Pittsburgh to break a 70+ yard TD run or a 40+ yard trick play for a TD. That was Seattle's own incompetancy.

Pittsburgh made the HUGE plays. Seattle didn't. End of story. Sure some cals helped Pittsburgh, some didn't. That's all there is to it.

koopa
02-26-2006, 09:23 PM
naw i don't think so, yeah they screwed them a little but they had PLENTY of chances to win, they just didn't make plays when they mattered. and great teams play through bad officiating ex. steelers vs colts.

IceColdBrewski
02-26-2006, 11:27 PM
This poll has Dio-wned written all over it.

Naturally, the number of votes in the ESPN polls I posted will trump whatever results you'll get in this one. To claim this minuscule ammount of votes as some sort of "ownage" seems pretty desperate at this point.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter anyway. Both sides of the debate have their minds made up, and it's pointless to keep beating a dead horse. The game is over. Some believe the officials weren't a major factor in the outcome. The majority of us believe they were. Big deal. Time to move on.

Mixability
02-27-2006, 11:56 AM
ICB, you must be the kinda guy that gets mad at the controller when you lose at Madden, huh? :lol

IceColdBrewski
02-27-2006, 12:58 PM
ICB, you must be the kinda guy that gets mad at the controller when you lose at Madden, huh? :lol

Nah. Don't even waste my time with video games anymore.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-27-2006, 05:20 PM

:lmao :rollin :rollin

Spurologist
02-27-2006, 05:50 PM
The refs got jobbed. Hines Ward should hand them the trophy.

Mixability
02-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Nah. Don't even waste my time with video games anymore.

I'm sure you don't since you've run out of controllers to blame.

IceColdBrewski
02-27-2006, 06:56 PM
I'm sure you don't since you've run out of controllers to blame.

Wow. That's just hilarious. Did you think of that one all by yourself, or did you have to refer to the Stoner's Manual of 14 year-old Humor?

Fire up another one sparky. Maybe it'll help you think of something halfway witty next time. :tu :smokin

Mixability
03-01-2006, 05:54 PM
Wow. That's just hilarious. Did you think of that one all by yourself, or did you have to refer to the Stoner's Manual of 14 year-old Humor?

Fire up another one sparky. Maybe it'll help you think of something halfway witty next time. :tu :smokin

And you coming back with ANOTHER stoner reference...... classic. But I guess that's all the ammo you have.

Well, it's pathetic that you're STILL crying about the Superbowl. Do you not have a life? Or did you get bored with the "shaved" and "young tight ass" videos? Or did GiG just stop sending you his videos all together?

:lol

Horry For 3!
03-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Naturally, the number of votes in the ESPN polls I posted will trump whatever results you'll get in this one. To claim this minuscule ammount of votes as some sort of "ownage" seems pretty desperate at this point.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter anyway. Both sides of the debate have their minds made up, and it's pointless to keep beating a dead horse. The game is over. Some believe the officials weren't a major factor in the outcome. The majority of us believe they were. Big deal. Time to move on.
Well if your talking majority of ST, your wrong. Right now it is 25 to 11

IceColdBrewski
03-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Well, it's pathetic that you're STILL crying about the Superbowl. Do you not have a life? Or did you get bored with the "shaved" and "young tight ass" videos? Or did GiG just stop sending you his videos all together?

:lol

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA! YEAH THAT'S A GOOD ONE!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA! STOP IT DUDE YER KILL KILLIN ME!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA!

IceColdBrewski
03-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Well if your talking majority of ST, your wrong. Right now it is 25 to 11

I'm too busy toying with Danyo, so I'm gonna pretend that you didn't just try to convince me that a poll with 36 votes should somehow be taken just seriously as one with over 100,000.

scott
03-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Fact of the matter is that the game sucked due in large part to crappy officiating. Whether or not it swayed the outcome of the game is up for debate, but there is no question in my mind that it lowered the entertainment value of the Superbowl.

cecil collins
03-02-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm too busy toying with Danyo, so I'm gonna pretend that you didn't just try to convince me that a poll with 36 votes should somehow be taken just seriously as one with over 100,000.
You are a spurstalk bitching minority. Your poll was right after the super bowl with stupid reactionary fans that also thought Reggie Bush was going to have 3 million all purpose yards in the rose bowl. I take no stock in what Espn viewers think.

Mixability
03-02-2006, 01:14 PM
You are a spurstalk bitching minority. Your poll was right after the super bowl with stupid reactionary fans that also thought Reggie Bush was going to have 3 million all purpose yards in the rose bowl. I take no stock in what Espn viewers think.

He'll be bitching til next Superbowl! Its a waste of all our time. Even if the whole country voted in the ST.com poll and disagreed with him, he'd probably say the "voting officials" miscounted! :lol

tlongII
03-02-2006, 01:36 PM
ICB OWNS everyone in this thread.

Mixability
03-02-2006, 01:40 PM
ICB OWNS everyone in this thread.

scoreboard

tlongII
03-02-2006, 02:43 PM
scoreboard

OWNAGE

Mixability