PDA

View Full Version : Official Talk About Tim's Injury and Poor Performances Thread

TDfan2007
02-25-2006, 10:41 PM
when Tim had that awful game in the Spur's loss to Washington? We all said his performance was a fluke and that he would only have around 3 of those in a season.

Boy how wrong were we? This guy has basically laid an egg offensively every game of this month (and most of last month) and looked beyond bad tonight against the Warriors. All I can say is we are fucked in the playoffs if these craptacular performances keep up.

:pctoss

Leetonidas
02-25-2006, 10:43 PM
16 rebounds, still.

The difference is his shots were just awful then. Today his shots were just not falling but he totalled a good number of boards. I believe he had 19 points yesterday.

ducks
02-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Murphy Just Has His Number

Murphy Needs To Be A Spur

The Good Side Is Spurs Have 6 Players In Double Digits
This Team Is Very Deep And Is Really To Share The Ball

thispego
02-25-2006, 10:47 PM
when Tim had that awful game in the Spur's loss to Washington? We all said his performance was a fluke and that he would only have around 3 of those in a season.

Boy how wrong were we? This guy has basically laid an egg offensively every game of this month (and most of last month) and looked beyond bad tonight against the Warriors. All I can say is we are fucked in the playoffs if these craptacular performances keep up.

dude you are stupid, duncan did all he needed to do tonight
16 rebounds 9 points 4 assists 4 blocks is not enough??? this team is not all about duncan, dumbass

TDfan2007
02-25-2006, 10:53 PM
16 rebounds 9 points 4 assists 4 blocks is not enough??? this team is not all about duncan, dumbass

Whoa now, since when is it OK for your team's star player to shoot 4-17 from the field? If we played against a playoff caliber team the Spurs would have most certainly lost. And btw dumbass, I said he's been awful offensively. His defense has been better recently though. Next time read the WHOLE post before going on an angry tirade.

boutons_
02-25-2006, 10:54 PM
"his team is not all about duncan"

yes, it is. Tim playing like this won't get the Spurs out of the WC.

spurs=bling
02-25-2006, 10:54 PM
RADOSLAV!
I like his game, he is an efficient role player and KNOWS the Spurs defense.

when did pego make this his sig?

SequSpur
02-25-2006, 10:56 PM
chill....

dude is making a legit point.

Duncan can't fuckin score.

Pistons < Spurs
02-25-2006, 11:06 PM
This thread made me a little curious, so I looked up TD's scoring per month:

Nov: 21.3
Dec: 20.6
Jan: 18.4
Feb: 15.3

Interesting.

I then looked at his FG%

Nov: 52.9
Dec: 50.9
Jan: 44.9
Feb: 40.4

Is this due to his PF? He's been just as effective rebounding and blocking. He's played similiar minutes every month.

I don't get to see too many Spur games on TV, but I wonder if he is taking more jumpers, and getting less dunks and layups?

I don't know if the numbers really mean any thing or not.

Come playoff time, I'm sure he'll be as productive as needed offensively.

SequSpur
02-25-2006, 11:08 PM
According to Pop, Duncan is playing better............. :rolleyes

1Parker1
02-25-2006, 11:10 PM
If Tim and Manu can get over and/or play through their injuries, this team would be kicking butt like this every night...

Leetonidas
02-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Tim will be fine. You can't say he's not going to take us out of the WCF based on his regular season woes. He missed a lot of games last year and he still hasn't missed but one.

Manu Ginobili wasn't extremely spectacular but you saw what he did in the playoffs. Tim will be ready come playoff time.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Can't jump.

It's been this way awhile and will continue the rest of the season.

Quit whining.

SequSpur
02-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Can't jump.

Quit whining.

Nobody is crying you ingrate.

We are just making an observation.

Damn.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Are you kidding?

This is nothing but crying!

The repetition doesn't help either.

SequSpur
02-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Are you kidding?

This is nothing but crying!

The repetition doesn't help either.

How is saying Tim Duncan can't score fucking crying?

Its a got damn fact.

Duncanoypi
02-25-2006, 11:39 PM
take Tim Duncan out of the spurs...lets see what happen....

Pistonfan1
02-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Can't jump.

Quit whining.

I take that as you calling it a year. Hey 3 titles in 7 years is a great thing to have if it comes to that which according to you it will.

infinite styles
02-26-2006, 12:00 AM
If we played against a playoff caliber team the Spurs would have most certainly lost.

Did we play a playoff caliber team? No. So why bring that up?

ChumpDumper
02-26-2006, 12:10 AM
I take that as you calling it a year. Hey 3 titles in 7 years is a great thing to have if it comes to that which according to you it will.You take it wrong. I'm not going to sit here and pretend he's going to be the same Tim Duncan this season, nor am I going to piss my pants everytime he has a subpar offensive game.

Be thankful for your team's health and don't whine when it's your turn.

ZStomp
02-26-2006, 12:41 AM
A win is a win.
A win is good.
Still concerned though and not impressed. :(

tim_duncan_fan
02-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Did we play a playoff caliber team? No. So why bring that up?

tdfan said that because in the playoffs every team is a playoff caliber team. We won't be playing the warriors in the playoffs. It's time to stop kidding ourselves. If Duncan plays like this in the playoffs we will not win

Vinnie_Johnson
02-26-2006, 01:39 AM
This as funny as Piston fan bitchin about Sheed doesn't grab enough rebounds.

TDfan2007
02-26-2006, 01:47 AM
tdfan said that because in the playoffs every team is a playoff caliber team. We won't be playing the warriors in the playoffs. It's time to stop kidding ourselves. If Duncan plays like this in the playoffs we will not win

Thank you.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-26-2006, 02:10 AM
some of the homerism on these boards is jaw dropping. but I'm sure the same can be said for the cliff jumpers such as myself. having said that this is playing pathetic and its a fact. once again, i'm sick of all the "oh, i wasn't aware championship were being handed out in febuary" but guess what? its almost march and april is right after that with the playoffs and this team DOESN"t HAVE A FUCKING CLUE on how to play with passion and desire and actually WAKE THE FUCK UP instead of playing like a 5th seed that is just happy to be in the playoff hunt. yes duncan is hurt, as is manu but if they are hurting as bad in april as they are now, we aren't getting out of the wcf plain and simple. forget detroit, detroit is another mountain altogether, at this stage we aren't even close to making it to the finals level, we are gonna struggle severely if this team doesn't get its act together. its after the AS break so hopefully the spurs of old will kick some ass but I think we're in a lot more trouble than 90% of this board realizes.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2006, 02:16 AM
I think because this team's playoff hopes have been dashed by injuries before, longtime fans may be a bit more philosophical about it. Just imagine how much has to go right for team to win it all.

SequSpur
02-26-2006, 02:21 AM
Well, this was a legit attempt of a discussion of the lack of the Duncan that we used to know...

Whether its foot problems or whatever, bottom line, the dude can't score.....

so...........

Parker, Manu, Nazr and the rest are picking him up, which is fine, but got damn... its time for some of you all to take a dose of reality and see what is happening...

Can the Spurs still win? Hell yeah.... Duncan becomes a rebounder, shotblocker and defender and drop a few points here and there....

The rest of the team is doing fine.

Melmart1
02-26-2006, 02:21 AM
if they are hurting as bad in april as they are now, we aren't getting out of the wcf plain and simple.

It's not homerism, it's the fact that bitching and cliff-jumping will not improve the health of the team. Last time I checked, we still had a few weeks until April, so instead of worrying about something we have no control over (injuries), why don't we focus on the fact that this team is still winning despite the health problems and will be a force once they get healthy.

If they don't get healthy and lose, then they have an entire summer to get better and come back next year. Will I be upset? Yes. But will life go on? Absolutely. It's not the end of the world if they are still figuring it out and still winning (despite hurting) in February. It's not homerism, its common sense not to get your panties in a wad over things that are beyond anyone's control. This is the Golden Age, Spurs fans. It may not always be perfect, but here is a novel idea- fucking enjoy it.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2006, 02:32 AM
Can the Spurs still win? Hell yeah.... Duncan becomes a rebounder, shotblocker and defender and drop a few points here and there....

The rest of the team is doing fine.I agree with the first part, but I do think the rest of the team still has alot of work to do. Fortunately Duncan's mere presence on offense demands a ton of attention that helps his teammates.

polandprzem
02-26-2006, 02:51 AM
It's November god dammit!

Oh wait a minute....

...it's not?

This thread made me a little curious, so I looked up TD's scoring per month:

Nov: 21.3
Dec: 20.6
Jan: 18.4
Feb: 15.3

Interesting.

I then looked at his FG%

Nov: 52.9
Dec: 50.9
Jan: 44.9
Feb: 40.4

Man Timmy had one FG per quarter. That's not good. I thought he figured his shot out and won't be struggling so much in that aspect. But what we can see is Timmy's sgetting more rebounds. I don't know if it's about Nazr in the S5 or it's Tim making a defensive statment. (I haven't seen spurs games lately).
Hopefully the March will be that moth.
Spurs are better in rebounding and seems to click in that aspect oif the game. Still I don't know how nazr play affect mabnus game.

here you have some comment after the GS game

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/warriors_060225.wmv

polandprzem
02-26-2006, 03:39 AM
And I want to add this:

TIM DUNCAN IS THE BEST ROLE SUPERSTAR PLAYER ON THAT FRIGGING SPORT!

SouthernFried
02-26-2006, 04:51 AM
Well, this was a legit attempt of a discussion of the lack of the Duncan that we used to know...

Whether its foot problems or whatever, bottom line, the dude can't score.....

so...........

Parker, Manu, Nazr and the rest are picking him up, which is fine, but got damn... its time for some of you all to take a dose of reality and see what is happening...

The rest of the team is doing fine.

This is reality.

Timmy just can't elevate or move like before with this injury. He's getting more shit blocked this year, than in all other years combined. It's gonna be a huge hurdle to climb in the playoffs, for sure.

But, we can still do it. Timmy's defense and rebounding is still one of the tops in the league. Guys like Manu, Tony, and who knows, dare I say...NAZR...are gonna have to pick up the scoring load. Manu's gonna have to step it up as well...he's not moving like the old Manu either.

It's gonna be harder, and we're gonna have to do it differently. But, even with Timmy not being able to be as offensive as he was, the world ain't gonna come to end. We're as deep as anyone in the league...and this year, it just might come down to that.

Have fun watching how we do this...it's gonna be interesting.

carina_gino20
02-26-2006, 06:28 AM
We know that the Spurs are playing hurt right now--Tim with the PF, fragile Manu, Rob, etc. But we can't honestly blame all their woes on that reason alone and ignore the fact that they still look lost on that court at times.

z0sa
02-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Tim's last really good game was against Minnesota right after they made the big trade. Tim's foot is really bothering him on offense, which is why he's taking alot more jumpshots and hes less aggressive calling for the ball.

That said, everyone is really understanding the defensive rotations now and moving their feet, and on offense we're doing much better executing. I think everyone is gelling great going into the final stretch and its just injuries holding us back. The playoffs are still a ways away so theres still time for things to work their course even better.

GoSpurs21
02-26-2006, 02:54 PM

:pctossSpurs win and all you can do is whine...pathetic, spoiled so called Duncan fan...grow up

if you want to get off the bandwagon then get off, we wont miss you

GoSpurs21
02-26-2006, 02:59 PM
get off the steriods jackass or get off the Spurs bandwagon...
we wont miss you

dbreiden83080
02-26-2006, 02:59 PM

My man he's hurt alright he is giving us all he's got. A mentally weaker player would have gone on the injured list probably a month ago. Timmy is by far my favorite player of all time and it is killing me to watch him stuggle like this. I was like a lot of people, expecting him to come back healthy and ready to be Tim Duncan again this year. When i saw the shape he came in i figured it would be a big year for him. I still have faith in him that when we need him the most come playoff time he will give us some great games.

ZStomp
02-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Why couldn't u post this one of the other TD threads/

smeagol
02-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Some people will never be happy.

Unless we blow out teams with Timmy scoring 26 and 16, Tony scoring 20 and 10 assists, and Manu scoring 20 points, 10 of them circus shots, SM will not be happy :rolleyes

Melmart1
02-26-2006, 03:23 PM
I wish we could have one "down-with-TD" thread so the forum isn't so cluttered with all the idiots who want to trade/bench/criticize our Franchise Player because he is human and injured. I can't help but feel like this would be a loss that feels like a victory if we did this.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-26-2006, 03:52 PM
this whole season w/ the injuries and all feels like one big loss

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-26-2006, 04:12 PM
Nazr, Barry, Rasho all playecd great plus we won big, but I can't stop thinking of Duncan's offensive game. He had 9pts against the Warriors D!! :depressed

If he's that hurt, then why doesn't he just rest till April?

Haven't you got it yet? Pop and TD only do this to piss you off.

Leetonidas
02-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Who the fuck cares? Quit your bitching.

v2freak
02-26-2006, 04:19 PM
That's a lot of flaming!!

Don't worry too much SM, the Spurs always turn it up in the playoffs. I know it's not a good thing to try to sleepwalk through the regular season but just take a win for what it's worth

samikeyp
02-26-2006, 04:21 PM
I can't help but feel like the win last night was a loss

Then you're a moron.

Please slit your wrists and quit taking our oxygen.

boutons_
02-26-2006, 04:22 PM
"Spurs always turn it up in the playoffs"

but the point is, this year, "Tim's PF permitting".

Dario
02-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Dont you think its better for tim to just play trough it, than sit on the bench and wait for his game to miracleously appear?

Kori Ellis
02-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Here's a thread about Tim's "bad" game.

No need for another one.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35500

thispego
02-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Whoa now, since when is it OK for your team's star player to shoot 4-17 from the field? If we played against a playoff caliber team the Spurs would have most certainly lost. And btw dumbass, I said he's been awful offensively. His defense has been better recently though. Next time read the WHOLE post before going on an angry tirade.
:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
02-26-2006, 07:21 PM
If he's that hurt, then why doesn't he just rest till April?Because he'd be the same after all that time and all those losses.

Just think of it this way role-wise - instead of Tim Duncan we have Ben Wallace, except he still consistently draws double and triple teams and can hit the occasional jumper.

I'll take that.

Useruser666
02-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Too bad we couldn't get a deal done before the deadline d cut loose this injured Duncan fellow before he drags the whole team down.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Yeah, Kandiman is perfectly healthy right now.

Winnipeg_Spur
02-26-2006, 08:22 PM
So is this the year Duncan doesn't get All-NBA first team? That would suck, I want that streak to go on and on and on...

Banks91
02-26-2006, 10:24 PM
he might make it, but he shouldn't. Not at the cost of Notwizki and Lebron

zero signal
02-26-2006, 10:47 PM
There are other factors to success besides Duncan. Last year we won because Manu and Horry went super-saiyan in the postseason. Can Manu do it again? Does Horry have enough left in the tank? If they can't, then there's no point worrying about whether or not Tim can pony up an extra few points.

E20
02-26-2006, 10:49 PM
“Tim did a good job on the boards and on defense, all the things people are not going to notice too much. When others can pick up the scoring, that takes the pressure off Tim.”
-Gregg Popovich

Amuseddaysleeper
02-28-2006, 01:50 AM
i doubt any team will want a hobled injury prone player and giving up their own franchise player. as great td is, an injured TD isn't much better than a full strength dwight howard

Kori Ellis
02-28-2006, 02:07 AM
Here Flash Gordon .. post in this thread.

rayray2k8
02-28-2006, 02:10 AM
Here Flash Gordon .. post in this thread.
:lol

Kori Ellis
02-28-2006, 02:11 AM
so there is nothing you can do medically to make tim better...I find that hard to believe.

He gets treatment from time to time to relieve some of the pain, but the problem won't go away for several months. Most people have it 4-6 months or so.

Kori Ellis
02-28-2006, 02:15 AM
then REST 4-6mths. take the hit. better for him, better for us.

Better for neither.

It won't help him heal faster and the Spurs are better off with a hobbling Tim than no Tim at all.

ChumpDumper
02-28-2006, 02:43 AM
What "further injury" are you worried about?
so we miss the playoffsI'm sure you're willing to front the Spurs the lost revenue.

Melmart1
02-28-2006, 03:18 AM
I love how people come in here and make bold statements about Tim's injury like they know what the hell they are talking about... Anyone who reads this board on a regular basis knows this about Tim's injury:

1. It is NOT an ankle injury
2. Rest will NOT help it
3. The Spurs are better letting Tim play through it

It is tiresome when uninformed people continue to spew bile about our franchise player, the reason why the Spurs have three championships. Tim may not be the same until next year, but shit. It's not like his averages have gone down significantly this season from last (a title season). He is not declining, he is injured.

You guys really want KG? Great. Let's just get a person in here with more years of NBA wear and tear on him than Tim, who can't win in the post-season and who by all accounts is not the rosiest of teammates. Let's go through at least two years of mediocrity while he adjusts to the Spurs system and becomes a post player like Timmy, so that we dont have to change the entire game of all the rest of the Spurs to compliment him (which would lead to more years of mediocrity).

Meahwhile, the Timberwolves will become NBA champions under the healthy, not-in-decline Tim Duncan.

Yes, this is my dream scenario. Let's do it!

ChumpDumper
02-28-2006, 03:35 AM
whatever tim's injury isThank you for your expert opinion, doctor....

PM5K
02-28-2006, 03:38 AM
It's funny that this team is on pace to win as many or more games than it ever has in franchise history, yet we are having this discussion.

Another interesting point is that Tim's rebounds, steals, and blocks are all up from earlier in the season, his shooting percentage is what's taken a dive, it makes me wonder how an injured guy can block more shots, get more steals, and rebound more....

ChumpDumper
02-28-2006, 03:47 AM
Like I said: we may not have Tim Duncan, but we have Ben Wallace except he gets double and triple teamed on offense down low and can hit from outside.

I'll take that.

101A
02-28-2006, 08:49 AM
so there is nothing you can do medically to make tim better...I find that hard to believe.

Anti-Inflammatories (Motrin [Ibuprofen]) pretty much clears up the pain - doesn't cure it, but makes it feel fine.

BUT

Long term systematic use of such drugs is what contributed to Sean and 'Zo now having non-OEM kidneys.

Periodic use doesn't pose this risk.

I'm betting, come playoff, he'll pop 1000 mg before the games &, voila - a very respectable Tim Duncan. No use risking such things during the season - could also be largely cleared up in another 6 weeks.

Also, I think Manu has been told to take it easy & not drive so much (too much risk of another ankle thing) - come playoffs, he'll be his old self.

More than HCA or seeding, health is the most important factor when the playoffs start. The Spurs are playing EXACTLY as they would if that was their priority. Winning is a bonus.

Joepa
02-28-2006, 09:32 AM
We Spurs fans are spoiled.

I can't believe some of you are seriously calling for Tim's head in exchange for freaking Dwight Howard.

LilMissSPURfect
02-28-2006, 09:37 AM
No need for tim to kill hisself out there.....best performances are save for last..c'mon now!

keep your regular season mvp...chalk up 4 finals mvps for timmay!!!!!!! :angel :fro :fro :fro :fro :fro :fro

polandprzem
03-03-2006, 01:58 AM
Well Timmy didn't start this Month in a good note

4/11 15 pts and 6 rebs :depressed

Banks91
03-04-2006, 10:48 PM
I know his injury and his subpar performance has been beaten to death.
But just to realize the extent of the injury, just say to yourself

3 20 and 10 games in a 27game stretch. Just repeat that to yourself a couple of times and let it sink in.

Rummpd
03-04-2006, 10:55 PM
To be fair he has a lot of 15 and 15 games - that is also a very effective night most of the time with the Spurs other scorers.

z0sa
03-04-2006, 10:59 PM
The W is more important than any stats - Tim is scoring when they need him to, and thats what really counts.

cs100
03-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Tim's numbers don't matter if we win. He will gladly give up the ball to his teammates when they are making baskets. His defense has been very good since all star break. Pop said that Tim is starting to feel better (re planters faciatis). Tim was more aggressive this game, despite Jack Nies disrespecting him.

P.S. If you are a fantasy player and you are a Spurs fan, you should realize that Tim doesn't care about stats.

Leetonidas
03-05-2006, 12:12 AM
22 Points and 15 Rebounds

I notice Tim has been very good on the glass despite the injury. :tu

Leetonidas
03-05-2006, 12:12 AM
I also noticed he hit a bank shot tonight for like the first time all year.

Buddy Holly
03-05-2006, 12:15 AM
KORI owned DIEMAN in the now locked thread.

Damn, OZ never had rapes that bad.

Ouch.

koopa
03-05-2006, 12:19 AM
this is what i love about tim, he don't give a damn about stats and won't force it just to get 20 points, the W is all the matters, and we are still on top of the west even with him playing like crap. we shouldn't worry about his stats cause in the long run they don't mean a damn thing if they ain't getting the W

dieman8686
03-05-2006, 12:19 AM
KORI owned DIEMAN in the now locked thread.

Damn, OZ never had rapes that bad.

Ouch.
Closing a thread owns me? I think it owned RUmmpd more then it did to me since he brought up attacks on Mavsfan when there are clearly others.(threads)

Or maybe I was owning you that you come and attack me about owning me...lol in which you yourself was unable to post there too...

Buddy Holly
03-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Closing a thread owns me? I think it owned RUmmpd more then it did to me since he brought up attacks on Mavsfan when there are clearly others.

Or maybe I was owning you that you come and attack me about owning me...lol in which you yourself was unable to post there too...

Yeah, that entire post made about as much sense as Anna Nicole.

She own'd you in her first reply dipshit.

She own'd you like the way the Spurs have own'd the Mavs the past 300 years.

dieman8686
03-05-2006, 12:22 AM
To end this let me say this one more time I have respect for Timmy, he is a warrior for going through PF. Im just spamming about the fans...

FromWayDowntown
03-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Basically, Mavs fan's position is apparently that if a Spurs player continues to play and put up numbers that are okay, even if far below his career averages, he's not really hurt, but when Josh Howard tweaks an injury on a dunk, it changes the complexion of that game.

And, of course, that Tim Duncan is no longer an elite player.

Buddy Holly
03-05-2006, 12:23 AM
To end this let me say this one more time I have respect for Timmy, he is a warrior for going through PF. Im just spamming about the fans...

:jack

dieman8686
03-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah, that entire post made about as much sense as Anna Nicole.

She own'd you in her first reply dipshit.

She own'd you like the way the Spurs have own'd the Mavs the past 300 years.

After this one im done fooling around with people like you who couldnt back shit up with claims against me in the other thread, in which someone with a higher understanding came and said what he had to say, while your pircky ass comes in( OWNED YOU)...
I used the word owned on you since you just had to come in this thread call it out, you must be my "bucket boy" in which your thinking of me...(sarcasim if you don't ¿comprende?)

Buddy Holly
03-05-2006, 12:28 AM
After this one im done fooling around with people like you who couldnt back shit up with claims against me in the other thread, in which someone with a higher understanding came and said what he had to say, while your pircky ass comes in( OWNED YOU)...

What dumbass? I said every Rummp and Kori said, you idiot.

He can't plant his foot. He's had this since before the season. He needs months and months off to heal the thing.

You're the lameass who went on and on about NOTHING.

dieman8686
03-05-2006, 12:38 AM
What dumbass? I said every Rummp and Kori said, you idiot.

He can't plant his foot. He's had this since before the season. He needs months and months off to heal the thing.

You're the lameass who went on and on about NOTHING.
First of all I don't even want to continue on what I said before(don't want to repeat myself again, just go back and read what I said)and I already know the facts about PF, so please dont tell them to me since clearly you knew nothing about PF and just say that it takes a long time to hear....

By just starting the bitchfest here again makes you lame(More of Kori Ellis words)
"Oh and there's already about 1000 threads about Tim and this condition.

I'll bump one and you all can continue the bitchfest there.

Thanks."
Just quit while your at it, I am(for real this time)on this pointless thread talking to a pointless person. Go talk mavsfan001 I think he is more of your level with irrational thought.
|
|
V(Cough cough look whose talking about having the last word lol...)

Buddy Holly
03-05-2006, 12:42 AM
To end this let me say this

After this one im done

Someone can not keep a promise.

Wait, you're just the type of person who needs the last word in everything.

Buddy Holly
03-05-2006, 12:44 AM
First of all I don't even want to continue on what I said before(don't want to repeat myself again, just go back and read what I said)and I already know the facts about PF, so please dont tell them to me since clearly you knew nothing about PF and just say that it takes a long time to hear....

By just starting the bitchfest here again makes you lame(More of Kori Ellis words)
"Oh and there's already about 1000 threads about Tim and this condition.

I'll bump one and you all can continue the bitchfest there.

Thanks."
Just quit while your at it, I am(for real this time)on this pointless thread talking to a pointless person. Go talk mavsfan001 I think he is more of your level with irrational thought.

Dude, I'll buy Hooked on Phonics for you if you will you just please stop!

polandprzem
03-05-2006, 04:42 AM
"I'm as healthy right now as I have been all season."
timmy d

Kori Ellis
03-05-2006, 04:44 AM
"I'm as healthy right now as I have been all season."
timmy d

Yeah I heard him say that tonight. Thank God it's starting to improve. Maybe the PF will be gone by the time the playoffs start.

polandprzem
03-05-2006, 04:55 AM
Yeah I heard him say that tonight. Thank God it's starting to improve. Maybe the PF will be gone by the time the playoffs start.
Hopefully , hopefully Kori

We need Timmy. But I haven't seen him saying that so I do not know what he ment by that. Is it hurting him as it was and just not let the jurnalist know and make any excuses(?)
Or he feels better and better and that injury was not a problem and he wants to improve his game.... all in all he don't want the injury get in the jurnalist head and his own.

zocool16
03-05-2006, 12:35 PM
Timmy's the man, it's just that the offense isnt relying on him no as much anymore... he's just not takin enough shots. i think we should trade parker, ginobili, and finley so he can take all the shots again and average his 25, 15, and 5...what do u...?.. oh no wait.. we might not win like that. nvm lets forget about this :-)

Peter
03-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, Duncan's surely regressed now. His best days are behind him. How will the Spurs cope when he retires this summer?

polandprzem
03-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah, Duncan's surely regressed now. His best days are behind him. How will the Spurs cope when he retires this summer?

I think they will be the favorites. You know when Timmy retires Pop will also do that. Then we can hire Larry Brow - what do you think Peter? (btw. How is your wife Juliana?).
And we can beat all tye teams. Tim is the cancer to this team...

v2freak
03-05-2006, 02:16 PM

I disagree

thispego
03-05-2006, 02:23 PM
oh ok :rolleyes
hey here's a good idea, this should appease the tdfan2007's and v2freak's of the world
lets completely RAG OUT tim duncan
get him to score 25 and 12 every night
dont get any of the other team that we pay millioins of dollars to involved

that should make for 0 more championships and 1-2 more years for duncans career
i swear the people who call out duncan can boggle my mind with their reasoning

v2freak
03-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Who's calling out Duncan? I am merely disagreeing with your suggestion that Duncan is not the fulcrum of this team when in fact he is the very face of this franchise. There is nothing wrong OR FALSE about saying that if he does not play well, the Spurs sometimes struggle.

thispego
03-05-2006, 02:33 PM
Who's calling out Duncan? I am merely disagreeing with your suggestion that Duncan is not the fulcrum of this team when in fact he is the very face of this franchise. There is nothing wrong OR FALSE about saying that if he does not play well, the Spurs sometimes struggle.
what you say is true, however, i was responding to this:

......with my original statement

i believe this was posted after the goldenstate game (win) where duncan had 16 rebounds 9 points 4 assists and 4 blocks

Peter
03-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Rumors of the death of Duncan's game have been greatly exaggerated, to paraphrase another...

ChumpDumper
03-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Just a little reminder abject ignorance is not exclusive to the whiny Maverick fan:
The Spurs are back atop the West after winning last week's showdown with the Mavericks, but this time they're doing it with mirrors, with Tim Duncan a pale imitation of himself and a battered Manu Ginobili taking a step backward. Tony Parker averaged 19 points in February to Duncan's 14 and Ginobili's 15 as they went 9-2, clinging to the tail of the Mavericks, who went 10-1. … Making it more perplexing, Duncan's fade is no longer attributed to sore knees. He averaged 12.6 rebounds in February, is No. 5 in the league overall at 11.6 but doesn't post up much anymore. Said Golden State assistant Mario Elie, a former Spur: "You still worry about Tim but I think the main concern now is No. 9 [Parker] in the open court." … Bottom line: The West is w-i-d-e open. … http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nbacol5mar05,1,726621.column?page=2&coll=la-headlines-sports

thispego
03-05-2006, 02:40 PM
peter and chump KNOW their shit

thispego
03-05-2006, 02:49 PM
lets go tdfan2007, i know you're trying to come up with something

Peter
03-05-2006, 03:04 PM
The scary thing for the league is that TP is good enough now to carry the team while TD can recuperate during the regular season. Otherwise we are to believe that TD's legs have suddenly calcified at age 29.

thispego
03-05-2006, 03:07 PM
calacified knees or no calcified knees, duncan should drop 25 every night

TDfan2007
03-05-2006, 03:13 PM
oh ok :rolleyes
hey here's a good idea, this should appease the tdfan2007's and v2freak's of the world
lets completely RAG OUT tim duncan
get him to score 25 and 12 every night
dont get any of the other team that we pay millioins of dollars to involved

that should make for 0 more championships and 1-2 more years for duncans career
i swear the people who call out duncan can boggle my mind with their reasoning

Who said we need to do that? I'm just saying that the franchise player should be attempting more than 13 shots per game. I'm not saying that I want Tim to pull a Kobe, but he needs to get more involved offensively. This team might be able to beat teams like Golden State when Tim scores 9 points but they simply can't beat teams like Dallas and Detriot if Tim struggles offensively or isn't involved enough in the offense.

Oh, and just so you know, here are Tim's playoff averages in the Spur's title years:

99: 23.2 ppg 11.5 rpg 2.8 apg

03: 24.7 ppg 15.4 rpg 5.3 apg

05: 23.6 ppg 12.4 rpg 2.7 apg

Tim needs to play well for the Spurs to win.

thispego
03-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Who said we need to do that? I'm just saying that the franchise player should be attempting more than 13 shots per game. I'm not saying that I want Tim to pull a Kobe, but he needs to get more involved offensively. This team might be able to beat teams like Golden State when Tim scores 9 points but they simply can't beat teams like Dallas and Detriot if Tim struggles offensively or isn't involved enough in the offense.

Oh, and just so you know, here are Tim's playoff averages in the Spur's title years:

99: 23.2 ppg 11.5 rpg 2.8 apg

03: 24.7 ppg 15.4 rpg 5.3 apg

05: 23.6 ppg 12.4 rpg 2.7 apg

Tim needs to play well for the Spurs to win.
i dont really need the averages... i saw those playoff runs....
True, Tim needs to play well for the Spurs to win... so does manu, tony, horry, BRUCE

i just think it's funny how bent out of shape some get when Duncan doesnt score double digits

Should duncan be jacking up 13 + attempts per game if they arent falling for him and they ARE falling for someone else?
I consider us lucky to have a franchise player that doesnt need to jack up shots to be effective. Do you really want him to force it and push it night in and night out?? there wouldnt be any duncan left for the playoffs

ChumpDumper
03-05-2006, 03:24 PM
This team might be able to beat teams like Golden State when Tim scores 9 points but they simply can't beat teams like Dallas and Detriot if Tim struggles offensively or isn't involved enough in the offense.Um, we just beat Dallas with Tim shooting 36%.

And I don't see how Tim has ever been less involved in the offense. Even when he moves like Mark Eaton he draws double teams, and the Spurs know it.

thispego
03-05-2006, 03:25 PM
exactly
involvement in the offense isnt limited to scoring points

Peter
03-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Again, the Spurs have the 2nd best record in the league with others carrying a greater share of the load. If opponents want to start leaving Duncan to concentrate on shutting down TP, let them. We'll see how much longer people will be woofing about how Duncan's game has declined.

z0sa
03-05-2006, 06:35 PM
I agree. If people want to guard Tim one on one and stop TP, let them. Tim simply can't be stopped 1on1, even in his beleaguered state.

E20
03-08-2006, 01:51 AM
Timmy got out worked by Brand and the refs.

T Park
03-08-2006, 01:58 AM
Tim played well in the time out there.

You can tell hes feeling better.

Elton Brand is a stud.

No shame in getting worked by an allstar.

timvp
03-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Brand > Dirk

T Park
03-08-2006, 02:10 AM
No question......

zocool16
03-10-2006, 05:22 PM
Some people might read this and think of me as an ignoramus, but oh well this is my opinion so please respect it; here goes:

I understand Tim Duncan's scoring is down, as well as other stats of his. Because of this there's been so much talk about how Duncan's not the same player or that his level's going down or whatever because of his injury...

Well I don't know what the fuzz is about. TO ME, Tim Duncan looks fine, he seems to play the same way as he always has WITH THE EXCEPTION that the Spurs' offense finally doesn't require him to take 20 shots a night. He's not shooting it enough to get his points, he passes it, doesn't get one on one chances to dominate. The times that i see him go to the basket, he looks fine. I don't see him playing any differently other than not taking as many shots as he used to. The Spurs are winning this way so he doesn't really see any reason to change his game and take less shots for the benefit of the team. But trust me, if he saw that something's going on, he'll ask for the ball and you'll see the "old" Timmy back, that's the one that averages over 20 and 10 rebounds a game. But what do we really want, 25-15-5 Timmy, or a Spurs championship... I think it's possible that we might win it either way, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

The Spurs look good, Tim Duncan looks good, I think people should talk more about Manu for now... I think he's starting to regain his explosiveness.

polandprzem
03-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Are you talking about last two games?

Btw. There is a thread about Tim and this same subject.

T Park
03-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Tim Duncan is looking faster, hes moving better, and hes jumping a tad better.

Now tonight, he might not do that great, a very short time in between games.

But Duncan does look better, he moved pretty well last night, its just

Parker is better, Ginobili is better, Finley adds more touches, Barry, Mohammed.

It goes on and on, theres only one basketball, and Duncan has sacraficed shots.

The playoffs though, will be another story, if they don't immediately force the ball out of his hands, ala Phoenix last night.

lil'mo
03-10-2006, 05:29 PM
i agree zocool
talk to tdfan2007 and the rest of his duncandoom&gloom posse

boutons_
03-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Tim has not been as good and fast about challenging drivers, coming across the paint, rotating. Spurs lost the paint again last night, seriously. That almost never happened last season. I put that down to his PF.

Nazr is the one who drives me crazy with the slowness of his rotations, when they even happen, and his backpedalling down the lane with a driver, rather that taking his position soon enough to alter the driver's path or take a charge. Rasho is so much better at defending the paint. One of Nazr's great gifts are his long arms, but I'm always screaming at him to get his hands up, get in somebody's face.

spursfaninla
03-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Duncan is much worse in back to backs, clearly his pf is bothering him more when he doesn't get rest.

Playoffs will offer plenty of rest, he will be fine.

You should recognize that his shooting percentage since the allstar break has been worse than his average, hence his lower scoring as well.

SouthernFried
03-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Duncans defensive rotations are not as quick as previous years and he is getting scored on in a lot of 1 on 1 situations. Plus, it seems like everyone has been blocking his shot.

But, he's moving better and better lately. I heard something about him getting new shoes. Having foot problems myself...it's amazing how much different shoes can affect you.

Tim may be able to step it up in the playoffs...but, I see us winning like we have all year. From a lot of different sources... on different nights.

TDfan2007
03-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Tim's defense has gotten worse, his field goal percentage is beyond horrible for a big man, and he's been horrible on the 2nd game of back to backs. Is that enough proof that his PF is bothering him?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-10-2006, 09:15 PM
He's definately not "fine".

He's still damn good, but you can see on his finishes around the rim. The leg/lift just isn't there.

MrChug
03-10-2006, 09:19 PM
#1. You'll quickly find that the one certainty about this forum is that you can't ask people to "respect" your opinion, because that will just bring their shit startin spark to a full fucking flaming roar, even if they agree with you because they have nothing better to do.

#2. You're exactly right. Sure he gets sore and the facitis gets tender on the 2nd night of back-2-backs. But he does what he has to to ensure a win. Proof? 48-13

SpursFreak212
03-11-2006, 02:06 AM
Duncan is one of my favorite players but i'm tired of seeing him playing so unmotivated everygame.

i think the Spurs need to do something about that situation if it's not solved then let's try trading him.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-11-2006, 02:07 AM
so should we go into rebuilding mode?

Leetonidas
03-11-2006, 02:08 AM
G-T-F-O.

biggerspursfanthanu
03-11-2006, 02:08 AM
Wow this cant be a serious post.

mavsfan1000
03-11-2006, 02:10 AM
:lmao

Pistons < Spurs
03-11-2006, 02:13 AM
OMG...... :rolleyes

SpursFreak212
03-11-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm sorry guys, but i'm serious Tim Duncan is playing like a old man out there i know he's going through some injury issues but he looks unmotivated maybe the Spurs should sit him out until the last 1-2 weeks of the season?

plus how many of you are confident Duncan will be injurie free his whole career? i'm concerned he's gonna be injurie prone.

leemajors
03-11-2006, 02:14 AM
let's trade him for that kwame brown guy, he seemed to have duncan figured out...

Amuseddaysleeper
03-11-2006, 02:18 AM
I'm sorry guys, but i'm serious Tim Duncan is playing like a old man out there i know he's going through some injury issues but he looks unmotivated maybe the Spurs should sit him out until the last 1-2 weeks of the season?

plus how many of you are confident Duncan will be injurie free his whole career? i'm concerned he's gonna be injurie prone.

perhaps you suggest since Duncan is on a $100M dollar contract that we just cut our losses now and trade for some draft picks and build around parker and manu, cuz I mean Pop and Bufford are great when it comes to finding talent so replacing an injured TD shouldn't be too big of a problem right?

Walton Buys Off Me
03-11-2006, 02:18 AM
You gonna show up this year big fella?
How long you gonna milk the sore foot?
You make 17 million a year- be a fucking man!

Ladies and gentlemen, we officially have another Chirs Webber on our hands.

If he was a racehorse, he'd have two bullets in the side of his head.

'Bout time somebody addressed this, I'm glad the media is roasting his sorry ass today. If he can't handle the 30 minutes he played during the 'scrimmage' last night in Phoenix, he needs to sit his lazy ass down- bottom line.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-11-2006, 02:19 AM
walton what is your finals prediction?

pistons 4
dallas 2

I'm curious

leemajors
03-11-2006, 02:19 AM
you, sir, are an idiot.

zocool16
03-11-2006, 02:20 AM
the man is entitled to his opinion. it will be regarded as an idiot one among the majority of people who have any basketball iq. Duncan makes this team, he's still the MVP of this team even if you don't realize it.

polandprzem
03-11-2006, 02:23 AM
Maybe Orlando will agree to trade for Milicic? We can also send injury prone Manu there cause I do not think they would agree for the trade like this (with only Duncan for Darko).

Also the spurs can trade Pop - since he is loosing all b2b.:pctoss And I would trade him to Seattle for Bobby. :tu

milkyway21
03-11-2006, 02:23 AM

'Bout time somebody addressed this, I'm glad the media is roasting his sorry ass today. If he can't handle the 30 minutes he played during the 'scrimmage' last night in Phoenix, he needs to sit his lazy ass down- bottom line.if you're Tim Duncan, what would you do?

Ask Pops, you'd SIT instead?

Pistons < Spurs
03-11-2006, 02:26 AM
If I recall correctly, us Pistons made a trade of a ham sandwich for Bowen in the off season.

http://www.janinehosegood.co.uk/FOOD%20PICS/HAM%20SANDWICH.jpg

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20511&page=3&pp=26&highlight=sandwich

I'm thinking this time we can give you Ketchup and Mustard for Duncan. K&M can be the new twin towers!

http://home.nycap.rr.com/mccartyphoto/stillife_final/images/112_mustard_ketsup.jpg

GET THIS DEAL DONE!!!!!

biggerspursfanthanu
03-11-2006, 02:26 AM
When did chris webber ever lead a team to a championship. the one shot he had at one he sold his team out.

TDfan2007
03-11-2006, 02:30 AM
If I recall correctly, us Pistons made a trade of a ham sandwich for Bowen in the off season.

http://www.janinehosegood.co.uk/FOOD%20PICS/HAM%20SANDWICH.jpg

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20511&page=3&pp=26&highlight=sandwich

I'm thinking this time we can give you Ketchup and Mustard for Duncan. K&M can be the new twin towers!

http://home.nycap.rr.com/mccartyphoto/stillife_final/images/112_mustard_ketsup.jpg

GET THIS DEAL DONE!!!!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Great stuff. BTW this original poster is an idiot if he's being serious. Average basketball fans can't tell the difference Tim makes on the court even if he's not scoring.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-11-2006, 02:30 AM
speaking of webber, in espn's daily dime he predicted that the mavs would topple the spurs in the west b/c they have jason terry who is what NVE used to be for dallas :rolleyes

milkyway21
03-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Duncan is one of my favorite players but i'm tired of seeing him playing so unmotivated everygame.

i think the Spurs need to do something about that situation if it's not solved then let's try trading him.poor guy.

try sending e-mail to Holt or Pops. :lol

say you want Duncan out, let's just build this team around Rasho or Sean Marks, (no offense meant). Or trade him for Kwame, they're both 1st overall picks right?

woodseed
03-11-2006, 02:33 AM
If you don't like Timmy, I'm sure Dallas fans would take him for Dampier.

angel_luv
03-11-2006, 02:37 AM
:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

SpursFreak212
How bout Tim Duncan, for Yao Ming??

polandprzem
poor guy.

try sending e-mail to Holt or Pops. :lol

say you want Duncan out, let's just build this team around Rasho or Sean Marks, (no offense meant). Or trade him for Kwame, they're both 1st overall picks right?

Tim is also the 1st overall but Kwame is younger :smokin

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-11-2006, 02:49 AM
With everyone else ragging on Duncan for being 'soft', I stuck by the now three-time MVP, knowing that he would rise like a phoenix above the ashes and carry us to victory. I'm proud of myself and the determination, resolve and loyalty I showed.

biggerspursfanthanu
03-11-2006, 02:53 AM
hahahaha Nice find.

milkyway21
03-11-2006, 02:54 AM
Tim is also the 1st overall but Kwame is younger :smokinare you telling me Kwame could copy what Tim Duncan had accomplished in S.A.?

u think Kwame got what it takes to lead the Spurs to titles?

LeBron perhaps but no, not a young player like Kwame.

SoCalSpursFan
03-11-2006, 03:23 AM
:vomit

SoCalSpursFan
03-11-2006, 03:24 AM
Um...3 championships?

Kori Ellis
03-11-2006, 03:47 AM
Bump.

Here's where all the Duncan bashing should go.

Starting repeated threads of the same thoughts over and over is useless.

Kori Ellis
03-11-2006, 03:51 AM

'Bout time somebody addressed this, I'm glad the media is roasting his sorry ass today. If he can't handle the 30 minutes he played during the 'scrimmage' last night in Phoenix, he needs to sit his lazy ass down- bottom line.

:lmao

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15806&highlight=quit

Darrin
03-11-2006, 04:29 AM
I find this thread oddly comforting. Why? Not because I think Tim Duncan is going to break down, but this is a similar reaction some Pistons fans had earlier this season when a star player was playing average. All the responses are the exact same.

I was the angry fan charging others of betraying a winning ship, by the way.

polandprzem
03-11-2006, 04:33 AM
are you telling me Kwame could copy what Tim Duncan had accomplished in S.A.?

u think Kwame got what it takes to lead the Spurs to titles?

LeBron perhaps but no, not a young player like Kwame.

OIf you trade kwame for TD we have a dynasty in San Antonio man :smokin

polandprzem
03-11-2006, 04:37 AM
And because of Tim I lost bigtime in vbookie. 2 frickin bilion difference in one bet (to Crimsonspur) :pctoss

:hang

Rummpd
03-11-2006, 08:20 AM
'I for one believe that last night was truly one from the beginning that Duncans foot was really bothering him he looked slow running down the court especially, and am wondering why Pop did not go early to Oberto or esp. Marks for a spark? Pulling Nazr when we are getting trounced on the boards, and Rasho clanking shots and getting no boards, also questionable.

Duncan will be there when it counts, maybe not at the level of his best years, but he will be a lot better.