PDA

View Full Version : One word can make all the difference!

Greg Simmons
02-26-2006, 12:39 PM
When you hear the word Behind?
You sometimes don't notice it that much, or at all for that matter. But when the word Behind applies to you? Then it's a different matter all together.

Being behind on your SI subscription payment is not as noticeable and being behind on your car payment. The word behind is not something you want the hear when your boss at work says "your behind on your job"

I personally don't like to be behind someone at the covenant store who is trying to buy 20 different lotto scratch off tickets. Well for Spur fans the word behind is something they are not happy to hear especially when they win a game like the Golden state Warriors and the paper reads the Spurs are still one game behind the Dallas Mavericks.

Let us just hope this word behind is not something we read or hear every day in the month of March. Or we could find ourselves come playoff time left behind altogether!

Thank you.

Trainwreck2100
02-26-2006, 12:41 PM
http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/smilies/duncan1.gif

Leetonidas
02-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Who the hell is Greg Simmons?

Mrs.Szczerbiak
02-26-2006, 12:47 PM
Who cares?

mouse
02-26-2006, 01:01 PM
http://www.ksat.com/insideksat/109785/detail.html

Greg Simmons may be the best sports Anchor San Antonio has ever had in the history of Sports TV.
If you don't know who he is your either new to Sports , or your some stupid redneck living in a trailer with no television.

which ever one you are? I hope Kori can forgive you for making SprusTalk look bad.

SpursWoman
02-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I don't like to hear the word behind when it's attached to you have and an enormous.

:fro

Leetonidas
02-26-2006, 01:48 PM
http://www.ksat.com/insideksat/109785/detail.html

Greg Simmons may be the best sports Anchor San Antonio has ever had in the history of Sports TV.
If you don't know who he is your either new to Sports , or your some stupid redneck living in a trailer with no television.

which ever one you are? I hope Kori can forgive you for making SprusTalk look bad.

On KSAT? Sorry, don't watch the news.

Dunc
02-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Just trying to figure out the point of this post.....

Smackie Chan
02-26-2006, 03:03 PM

Nothing new for piston fans. your still trying to figure out how you got your ass waxed in the finals

Dunc
02-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Nothing new for piston fans. your still trying to figure out how you got your ass waxed in the finals

Wow.... tell me this didn't come from a Mavs fan... pick and choose your spots to get your digs in, dude. You might not want to say anything about the playoffs, ya know? I think that topic is really off-limits to you when it comes to dissing recent champions.

And waxed? I don't think losing a game 7 that came down to basically the final 3 minutes can be considered being "waxed". Smarten up dude.

KEDA
02-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Greg Simmons is Dan Cooks bitch!!!

BOOK THAT!!!

long live Dan Cook, he was the man!!!

1Parker1
02-26-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't like to hear the word behind when it's attached to you have and an enormous.

:fro

:lmao That was my first thought too after I read this thread.

Unless of course, you're JLO or Beyonce and can still look good :)

Dunc
02-26-2006, 03:41 PM
In which case, it's fantastic :D

SouthernFried
02-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Man, Greg. Couldn't you come up with something a little better, or coherent...for your first post?

When you hear the word "behind??!!"

Dude, let the interns do the writing.

And you really don't have to write in soundbites. I've seen very few Pulitzer members here.

Love your hair.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-26-2006, 04:44 PM
http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/smilies/duncan1.gif

Smackie Chan
02-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Wow.... tell me this didn't come from a Mavs fan..

I think 95% of the world was watching the finals so it could come from millions of sport fans around the globe. Including Mav fans , and lakers fans alike.
Even Piston fans from your own cheesy city. which unlike yourself? are able to admit defeat when it comes.

remember the first step is admitting you lost in the finals, then we can move on to step #2 dealing with your inner pain.

pick and choose your spots to get your digs in, dude.

My digs? are you sure your not a cowboy? You do seem to have a brokeback mountain way about you. not that theres anything wrong with that!

You might not want to say anything about the playoffs, ya know? I think that topic is really off-limits to you when it comes to dissing recent champions.

So now you want to censor which fans that can post on message boards? Are you a Moderator at another cheesy website?
If you want only fans from Championship teams to talk? then you could find most websites very empty with the same fans talking to each other.

God forbid another city get a team like Nashville or Charlotte they are screwed. I kinda wonder what Spur fans did for 25 years prior to them getting their first ring? Sorry If I forgot your Pistons won back to back rings there first two years in the NBA.

Trust me brah the count the rings card is a sign of deperation on your part, If you want to live in the past? go right ahead. I kinda like to talk about this season. and from the looks of it? you better hope you don't face the Mighty Mavericks! you won't have a game 7 when we sweep your thug looking Pistons.

And waxed? I don't think losing a game 7 that came down to basically the final 3 minutes can be considered being "waxed".

maybe Waxed was to harsh for you. sorry let me try another term......ummmm what term can I use to not offend a hurt Piston fan?..................face it!

the bottom-line is your team choked, and big time.

Smarten up dude.

You have a point! why am I responding to a wannabe Piston fan with a name like Dunce?

Wow.... tell me this didn't come from a Mavs fan..

I think 95% of the world was watching the finals so it could come from millions of sport fans around the globe. Including Mav fans , and lakers fans alike.
Even Piston fans from your own cheesy city. which unlike yourself? are able to admit defeat when it comes.

remember the first step is admitting you lost in the finals, then we can move on to step #2 dealing with your inner pain.

pick and choose your spots to get your digs in, dude.

My digs? are you sure your not a cowboy? You do seem to have a brokeback mountain way about you. not that theres anything wrong with that!

You might not want to say anything about the playoffs, ya know? I think that topic is really off-limits to you when it comes to dissing recent champions.

So now you want to censor which fans that can post on message boards? Are you a Moderator at another cheesy website?
If you want only fans from Championship teams to talk? then you could find most websites very empty with the same fans talking to each other.

God forbid another city get a team like Nashville or Charlotte they are screwed. I kinda wonder what Spur fans did for 25 years prior to them getting their first ring? Sorry If I forgot your Pistons won back to back rings there first two years in the NBA.

Trust me brah the count the rings card is a sign of deperation on your part, If you want to live in the past? go right ahead. I kinda like to talk about this season. and from the looks of it? you better hope you don't face the Mighty Mavericks! you won't have a game 7 when we sweep your thug looking Pistons.

And waxed? I don't think losing a game 7 that came down to basically the final 3 minutes can be considered being "waxed".

maybe Waxed was to harsh for you. sorry let me try another term......ummmm what term can I use to not offend a hurt Piston fan?..................face it!

Smarten up dude.

You have a point! why am I responding to a wannabe Piston fan with a name like Dunce?

http://www.jackiechanfans.com/sac1athmbnl.jpg

Dunc
02-26-2006, 05:29 PM

Lol, I don't remember ever saying we didn't lose.

I admit it. We lost. It's a'ight. That's why there's always next year, which in this case, is *this* year.

Cowboy? Um, nope. I'm actually Canadian, pretty far away from the land of the cowboys.

Nah dude, I just think you're an idiot.

Sorry If I forgot your Pistons won back to back rings there first two years in the NBA.

Nah dude, they won back to back rings about 16 years ago. How many did Dallas win back then?

Well brah, obviously your Mavs are looking good this year. Um, I don't think you're in the class of the Pistons and Spurs yet, but that's why they play out the season, right? Btw, that was a nice comeback against the Raps yesterday.

Yes, but my original post, to which you then responded, was that I didn't get the point of this thread. I'm even more confused now, cuz I've clearly popped up in the fucking twilight zone over here.

Let alone responding to a wannabe ("wannabe"? so... I wish I was a Pistons fan?? lol) Piston fan with a name like Dunc (without the "e") twice. Listen dude, if you want to debate something, please. Let's. I'd love to compare the Mavs and Pistons with ya or something. Talk about how both teams match up against the Spurs or something like that, cuz this is a Spurs board.... jesus christ I'm starting to understand what you guys are saying about Mavs fans... they are fucking idiots if this guy's any indication.

LilMissSPURfect
02-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Let's just put this season BEHIND us and get to the bidness at hand!

tw05baller
02-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Lol, I don't remember ever saying we didn't lose.

I admit it. We lost. It's a'ight. That's why there's always next year, which in this case, is *this* year.

Cowboy? Um, nope. I'm actually Canadian, pretty far away from the land of the cowboys.

Nah dude, I just think you're an idiot.

Nah dude, they won back to back rings about 16 years ago. How many did Dallas win back then?

Well brah, obviously your Mavs are looking good this year. Um, I don't think you're in the class of the Pistons and Spurs yet, but that's why they play out the season, right? Btw, that was a nice comeback against the Raps yesterday.

Yes, but my original post, to which you then responded, was that I didn't get the point of this thread. I'm even more confused now, cuz I've clearly popped up in the fucking twilight zone over here.

Let alone responding to a wannabe ("wannabe"? so... I wish I was a Pistons fan?? lol) Piston fan with a name like Dunc (without the "e") twice. Listen dude, if you want to debate something, please. Let's. I'd love to compare the Mavs and Pistons with ya or something. Talk about how both teams match up against the Spurs or something like that, cuz this is a Spurs board.... jesus christ I'm starting to understand what you guys are saying about Mavs fans... they are fucking idiots if this guy's any indication.
actually there are cowboys in canada baybe just not where you live.

SouthernFried
02-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Largest Rodeeeooo in the world is in Canada.

Toronto or Montreal, or Calgary. Who the hell knows...it's Canada fer chrissakes.

mugatu
02-26-2006, 06:33 PM
actually there are cowboys in canada baybe just not where you live.

Dunc might not wear a cowboy hat, but he's Homo to the Bone!

Victor Newman
02-26-2006, 06:43 PM
. jesus christ I'm starting to understand what you guys are saying about Mavs fans... they are fucking idiots if this guy's any indication.

Once someone starts to talk like that ^
they lost all hope for any real sports smack in my book!
sorry but your not Newman enterprise material.

Suns Fan
02-26-2006, 06:55 PM
I'm tempted to pull out the smack bat on this young Pisson fan but, I kinda feel sorry for him being from Canada and all :lmao

mouse
02-26-2006, 07:09 PM
Canada? I'm not sure that is something you want to go around telling people Brah if you want any respect on the www , just a heads up :lmao

I think the topic starter makes a good point. After all the Hype, and all the games the Spurs manage to win? They still find themselves Behind the Dallas Mavericks.

So that word does seem to be very important if you care about where you stand in the playoffs. But i'm sure most of you knew that already,
unless your from Canada :lol

Dunc
02-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Yeah, you're right about the cowboy thing... primarily out west in the prairie provinces. I was just saying I don't like near any cowboy regions. For what it's worth. And the rest of you guys, again, I'm not sure where any of you are coming from, but clearly you're enjoying yourselves, so keep it up.

Big Worm
02-26-2006, 07:53 PM
A gay cowboy from Canada who is a Detroit Pistons fan? aint dat some shit patna

Daddys Girl
02-26-2006, 07:56 PM
I like boys from Canada! you have any pics of yourself Dunc?

Dunc
02-26-2006, 07:58 PM
And to complicate things further, this gay cowboy from Canada who is a Pistons fan is married.... to a woman. Crazy shit that, eh?

Star Player
02-26-2006, 08:17 PM
This DUNC dude is funny, I like him. He is a team player!

slayermin
02-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Greg Simmons is one thing I don't miss about San Antonio.

Brianna
02-26-2006, 08:19 PM
And to complicate things further, this gay cowboy from Canada who is a Pistons fan is married.... to a woman. Crazy shit that, eh?
:lmao

I must say being Behind the Mavs is not fun :depressed

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-26-2006, 09:03 PM

Mouse just wanted another screen name and thought he'd test it out.

Dunc
02-26-2006, 09:03 PM
Lol, I thought maybe it was something like that :)

DannyT
02-26-2006, 09:22 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAME CANADA.............
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/dt372001/bush_dumbfmntn.jpg

Mrs.Szczerbiak
02-26-2006, 09:38 PM
Calgary has the biggest rodeo in the world...

Al Sharpton
02-27-2006, 12:30 PM
After Thrursday? the word for the day will be Far Behind

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-27-2006, 01:11 PM
http://www.dictionary.com

3 entries found for behind.
be·hind Audio pronunciation of "behind" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (b-hnd)
adv.

1. In, to, or toward the rear: We walked behind.
2. In a place or condition that has been passed or left: I left my gloves behind.
3. In arrears; late: I fell behind in my payments.
4. Below the standard level; in or into an inferior position: Don't fall behind in class.
5. Slow: My watch is running behind.
6. Archaic. Yet to come.

prep.

1. At the back of or in the rear of: He sat behind her.
2. On the farther side or other side of; beyond: The broom is behind the door.
3. In a place or time that has been passed or left by: Their worries are behind them.
1. Later than: The plane was behind schedule.
2. Used to indicate deficiency in performance: behind us in technological development.
1. Hidden or concealed by: hatred hidden behind a bland smile.
2. In the background of; underlying: Behind your every action is self-interest.
6. In a position or attitude of support: The leaders have the army behind them.
7. In pursuit of: The police were hard behind the escapees.

n.

Informal. The buttocks.

[Middle English bihinde, from Old English behindan. See ko- in Indo-European Roots.]

[Download Now or Buy the Book]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

behind

In addition to the idioms beginning with behind, also see come from behind; drop behind; fall behind; get behind; power behind the throne; put behind one; wet behind the ears; with one arm tied behind one's back.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer.
Copyright © 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.

behind

adj : having the lower score or lagging position in a contest; "behind by two points"; "the 8th inning found the home team trailing" [syn: behind(p), trailing] n : the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?" [syn: buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, derriere, fanny, ass] adv 1: in or to or toward the rear; "he followed behind"; "seen from behind, the house is more imposing than it is from the front"; "the final runners were far behind" 2: remaining in a place or condition that has been left or departed from; "when he died he left much unfinished work behind"; "left a large family behind"; "the children left their books behind"; "he took off with a squeal of tires and left the other cars far behind" 3: of timepieces; "the clock is almost an hour slow"; "my watch is running behind" [syn: slow] 4: in or into an inferior position; "fell behind in his studies"; "their business was lagging behind in the competition for customers" 5: in debt; "he fell behind with his mortgage payments"; "a month behind in the rent"; "a company that has been run behindhand for years"; "in arrears with their utility bills" [syn: behindhand, in arrears]

The Mavs are 3 Championships behind The Spurs.

Smackie Chan
02-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Rack! this Vato ! :lmao

rayray2k8
02-27-2006, 04:36 PM
man fuck greg simmons, don harris would whoop his ass!!! hell I'll even go as far as saying, that kori could kick his ass!! with David Chancellor biting at the leg..
I can see it now :lol
j/k kori

Willinsa
03-01-2006, 06:46 PM
I hate WOAI and their "Sports team", Hairless is god awful. As for Chancellor he sucks more.