PDA

View Full Version : Garnett Ejected for hitting fan with ball

angel_luv
02-26-2006, 07:40 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/nbanews.asp?articleID=159022

With Minnesota leading 64-61 in the third quarter, Garnett was ejected at the 7:47 mark for tossing the ball into the stands and accidentally hitting a fan in the face with the ball after being called for an offensive foul.

:rolleyes How stupid is he!

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Are they going to fine him? I hope they do, maybe then he'll learn the lesson. What a jackass!

angel_luv
02-26-2006, 07:45 PM
I can only assume Kevin will issue an apology. I wonder if he will try to make ammends to the fan in any way?

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2006, 07:51 PM
I can only assume Kevin will issue an apology. I wonder if he will try to make ammends to the fan in any way?
oooh, can the fan sue? lol that would be hilarious. Seeking punitive and compensatory damages in the amount of 5 million dollars 'cause the ball left him/her cookoo! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-26-2006, 07:52 PM
oooh, can the fan sue? lol that would be hilarious. Seeking punitive and compensatory damages in the amount of 5 million dollars 'cause the ball left him/her cookoo! http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Doubtful. I think you give up your right to sue when you sit in your seat.

angel_luv
02-26-2006, 07:54 PM
Since it happened in the Target Center is it safe to assume Kevin hit one of his own fans?

Spurminator
02-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Idiot.

He was on his way to a monster game too...

1Parker1
02-26-2006, 08:01 PM
:lol I think NBA players need to start taking anger management classes as a monthly requirement.

Horry For 3!
02-26-2006, 08:01 PM
He did apologize, after it happened then after the game again.

Horry For 3!
02-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Garnett ejected for tossing ball into crowd

February 26, 2006

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett was ejected in the third quarter against Memphis on Sunday for tossing the ball into the stands and accidentally hitting a fan.

Garnett was reacting in frustration after being called for an offensive foul.

"I just tossed it," Garnett said outside Minnesota's locker room before leaving the arena at the start of the fourth quarter. "I didn't even look at where I tossed it. I was just so ... mad."

With Minnesota leading 64-61 with 7:47 left in the quarter, Garnett was called for the foul while driving against Shane Battier on the baseline. The nine-time All-Star then lightly flipped the ball into the stands under the basket, hitting the male fan.

Garnett said he didn't intend to throw the ball into the stands, but rather was trying to get a delay-of-game call.

"By no means was I trying to hit a fan," he said.

Referee Bob Delaney assessed Garnett a technical foul for tossing the ball, and he was automatically ejected because it hit the fan. Afterward, Garnett walked over to the fan to apologize before leaving the court.

Medical personnel examined the fan, who later walked with his family and arena personnel to a back room. The fan declined to comment to the media. His condition wasn't immediately available, although he appeared to be uninjured.

Before leaving the arena, Garnett said he again checked in on the family to apologize.

"I should have had a little more control than that," Garnett said.

The former league MVP had 17 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists. Eddie Griffin replaced Garnett in the lineup.

1Parker1
02-26-2006, 08:08 PM
^Garnett handled that very well, I think.

angel_luv
02-26-2006, 08:14 PM
"I just tossed it," Garnett said outside Minnesota's locker room before leaving the arena at the start of the fourth quarter. "I didn't even look at where I tossed it. I was just so ... mad."

Garnett said he didn't intend to throw the ball into the stands, but rather was trying to get a delay-of-game call.

"By no means was I trying to hit a fan," he said. "

Please don't even pretend you were thinking.

If you cared about what you hit, you would have looked.

No duh!

P.S Couldn't Garnett safely have acheived the delay of game by simply refusing to turn over the ball or rolling it away fromt the ref when he reached for it?

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Garnett ejected for tossing ball into crowd

February 26, 2006

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Minnesota Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett was ejected in the third quarter against Memphis on Sunday for tossing the ball into the stands and accidentally hitting a fan.

Garnett was reacting in frustration after being called for an offensive foul.

With Minnesota leading 64-61 with 7:47 left in the quarter, Garnett was called for the foul while driving against Shane Battier on the baseline. The nine-time All-Star then lightly flipped the ball into the stands under the basket, hitting the male fan.

"By no means was I trying to hit a fan," he said.

Referee Bob Delaney assessed Garnett a technical foul for tossing the ball, and he was automatically ejected because it hit the fan. Afterward, Garnett walked over to the fan to apologize before leaving the court.

Medical personnel examined the fan, who later walked with his family and arena personnel to a back room. The fan declined to comment to the media. His condition wasn't immediately available, although he appeared to be uninjured.

Before leaving the arena, Garnett said he again checked in on the family to apologize.

The former league MVP had 17 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists. Eddie Griffin replaced Garnett in the lineup.
well no shit sherlock! still, I think he should get some kind of fine, or else he'll never learn.

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Some of you act like Garnett is doing stuff like this all of the time. He screwed up, but generally speaking, he's been one of the league's good citizens. He will be fined, and might be suspended, but it's not because he'll "never learn" without those things -- it's because he screwed up and players who screw up face punishment.

Garnett can't win in this crowd -- dude gave some ridiculous sum of money to Katrina relief and got ripped for not giving more. Now, he owns up to a mistake, and some would probably like to see him get the Artest treatment. Kevin Garnett is a wonderful basketball player and, by all accounts, a good man. Give him a break.

Pistons < Spurs
02-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Some of you act like Garnett is doing stuff like this all of the time. He screwed up, but generally speaking, he's been one of the league's good citizens. He will be fined, and might be suspended, but it's not because he'll "never learn" without those things -- it's because he screwed up and players who screw up face punishment.

Garnett can't win in this crowd -- dude gave some ridiculous sum of money to Katrina relief and got ripped for not giving more. Now, he owns up to a mistake, and some would probably like to see him get the Artest treatment. Kevin Garnett is a wonderful basketball player and, by all accounts, a good man. Give him a break.
:tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu :tu

My vote for post of the month!

angel_luv
02-26-2006, 08:48 PM
I saw the replay of Kevin's toss. He threw the ball toward the base of the basket.
It really did look like his hitting the man was a complete accident. It was still a silly thing to do though.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2006, 08:55 PM

Fuck giving him a break! Is he a professional athlete or not!? Professional athletes CAN NOT be allowed to throw balls and shit because they are unhappy with the calls they get! That is bullshit! Seriously, you want to forgive him because he's the "lesser evil" of the league? so because he doesn't do as much stupid shit as the rest of the players he should be let off the hook? Give me a break! The league needs to start shaping up! Too much of this gangsta' shit going on on the court, and IT DOES NOT BELONG THERE!! I say fine his ass! and fine him well! Then we will see who else wants to play macho and start throwing shit around!

ALVAREZ6
02-26-2006, 09:05 PM
All I gotta say is...

http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/especiales/2003/10/nba/images/rasheed-reuters.jpg

ALVAREZ6
02-26-2006, 09:06 PM
but in all seriousness, I would be honored to be fit in the face by a ball by a guy like KG, AI, or any other superstar that I like.

I would have kept the ball and made the fucker sign it though...

angel_luv
02-26-2006, 09:14 PM
but in all seriousness, I would be honored to be fit in the face by a ball by a guy like KG, AI, or any other superstar that I like.

I would have kept the ball and made the fucker sign it though...

You're crazy, Alvie.

When I imagine Rasho hitting on me that is so not what I have in mind. :lol

ALVAREZ6
02-26-2006, 09:17 PM
You're crazy, Alvie.

When I imagine Rasho hitting on me that is so not what I have in mind. :lol
Well I don't plan on hitting on any guys, so I guess it's just different.

If KG hit me with a ball, it means all of the players on the court pretty much touched it, which is like the same type of thing as a game-worn jersey, only a game-used ball...and then autographed. :)

ALVAREZ6
02-26-2006, 09:23 PM
I think I'm gonna make a big copy of the Sheed on weed pic and go to a Pistons-Sixers game, where I will ask him to sign it.

How do you think he would react???

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-26-2006, 09:50 PM
The article says he walked with his family to a back room, but I know I saw on the highlights that they took him out on a stretcher.

Not saying it was necessary (since I doubt a ball going the way KG tossed it would hurt), that's just what I remember seeing on the highlight.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Even money says the guy sues KG...

A stretcher for getting hit with a basketball? What a pussy...

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Fuck giving him a break! Is he a professional athlete or not!? Professional athletes CAN NOT be allowed to throw balls and shit because they are unhappy with the calls they get! That is bullshit! Seriously, you want to forgive him because he's the "lesser evil" of the league? so because he doesn't do as much stupid shit as the rest of the players he should be let off the hook? Give me a break! The league needs to start shaping up! Too much of this gangsta' shit going on on the court, and IT DOES NOT BELONG THERE!! I say fine his ass! and fine him well! Then we will see who else wants to play macho and start throwing shit around!

Tim Duncan frequently throws the ball at the basket support after plays end. He's obviously not intending to hit fans, but is often expressing frustration, either with the way the Spurs have played or with the way the game is being called. If one of Duncan's throws went astray and inadvertently hit a fan, would you be lobbying so hard for a severe penalty?

More than that -- the original point that I made is that Garnett WILL be penalized by the league for his error in judgment. Is a one-game suspension enough for you? If not, are you suggesting that Garnett should face an Artest-like penalty for what he did? Where exactly do you draw the line?

1Parker1
02-26-2006, 10:19 PM

I agree, by all recounts of what I read in that article, it seemed he was truly remorseful and apoligized to the fan AND his family first thing, without anyone having to tell him. It's not like he did it viciously or with intent.

CharlieMac
02-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Garnett's a good guy. I saw the replay and that fan was obviously milking it. I can just hear him whispering to his daughter, "Cry god damn it, CRY!"

A stretcher. Jesus Christ.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Tim Duncan frequently throws the ball at the basket support after plays end. He's obviously not intending to hit fans, but is often expressing frustration, either with the way the Spurs have played or with the way the game is being called. If one of Duncan's throws went astray and inadvertently hit a fan, would you be lobbying so hard for a severe penalty?

More than that -- the original point that I made is that Garnett WILL be penalized by the league for his error in judgment. Is a one-game suspension enough for you? If not, are you suggesting that Garnett should face an Artest-like penalty for what he did? Where exactly do you draw the line?
NOBODY! and I mean NOBODY should be throwing anything while they are out on the court! Besides I never said suspend him, I said FINE him. If Duncan threw a ball because of frustration and hit a fan, I would want him to get fined as well! What the hell is wrong with this league?? Its starting to be more about the show than it is about the sport. You frustrated, count to 10, or some shit like that! He is a PROFESSIONAL basketball player!! Have some self control for crying out loud!

I say fuck giving these guys breaks just because they are famous! They need to start learning that PROFESSIONAL means exactly that! PROFESSIONAL! Leave the punk ass macho attitude at home!

E20
02-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Garnett is a good guy, people have to cut him slack.

He's a fiery competitor and damn good ball player. He's emotions got the best of him, but he still manned up.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2006, 10:52 PM
Garnett's a good guy. I saw the replay and that fan was obviously milking it. I can just hear him whispering to his daughter, "Cry god damn it, CRY!"

A stretcher. Jesus Christ.
It doesn't even matter how hard the guy was hit, Garnett shouldn't have been throwing balls anywhere other than purposely aiming at the basket.

angel_luv
02-26-2006, 10:55 PM
I think I'm gonna make a big copy of the Sheed on weed pic and go to a Pistons-Sixers game, where I will ask him to sign it.

That would be awesome to have the game ball especially autographed.

Anout Rasheed- I dare you. :) Take a friend with you to take pics.

CharlieMac
02-26-2006, 10:57 PM
NOBODY! and I mean NOBODY should be throwing anything while they are out on the court! Besides I never said suspend him, I said FINE him. If Duncan threw a ball because of frustration and hit a fan, I would want him to get fined as well! What the hell is wrong with this league?? Its starting to be more about the show than it is about the sport. You frustrated, count to 10, or some shit like that! He is a PROFESSIONAL basketball player!! Have some self control for crying out loud!

I say fuck giving these guys breaks just because they are famous! They need to start learning that PROFESSIONAL means exactly that! PROFESSIONAL! Leave the punk ass macho attitude at home!

While I don't share your enthusiasm, at all, I agree on the fine. He should have been fined and that should have been the end of it. No ejection, no suspension.

angel_luv
02-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Timmy does occasionally bounce the ball off the basket. I remember now that you guys mentioned it.
Until now, I never thought of that habit being potentially dangerous . Maybe Garnett didn't either.

Thank God it hit a grown up and not a child.

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 11:01 PM
But that's precisely my point.

Garnett did something stupid. The league fines (and sometimes suspends) players who do stupid things. Garnett will be fined. Accordingly, I don't understand the gnashing of teeth about the punishment that is in his future. There will be punishment, you can be assured of that.

But Kevin Garnett is not part of "the problem" in the NBA. He's a fantastic player and, apparently, a good man. He will be fined.

What more do you want, MaNuMaNiA?

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2006, 11:07 PM
But that's precisely my point.

Garnett did something stupid. The league fines (and sometimes suspends) players who do stupid things. Garnett will be fined. Accordingly, I don't understand the gnashing of teeth about the punishment that is in his future. There will be punishment, you can be assured of that.

But Kevin Garnett is not part of "the problem" in the NBA. He's a fantastic player and, apparently, a good man. He will be fined.

What more do you want, MaNuMaNiA?
I don't know, for players to stop doing that sort of shit... is it really too much to ask? I want the league to make sure they get the message through that players have to be professionals when on the court. Seriously, am I the only one who finds stuff like this childish and stupid??

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 11:10 PM
I don't know, for players to stop doing that sort of shit... is it really too much to ask? I want the league to make sure they get the message through that players have to be professionals when on the court. Seriously, am I the only one who finds stuff like this childish and stupid??

I've said all along it was stupid. KG said it was stupid.

Tell me, though, what the appropriate punishment is. You've said a fine, but how much? Is there some number that will make the point and put an end to any player doing any stupid thing on the court?

You argue as if the NBA has never doled out a punishment to any player.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2006, 11:15 PM

Tell me, though, what the appropriate punishment is. You've said a fine, but how much? Is there some number that will make the point and put an end to any player doing any stupid thing on the court?

Well, apparently the punishment is not enough is it

ShoogarBear
02-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Just watched the video. I have seen about 1000 NBA players toss the ball in frustration even harder than that. Including Manu. They just didn't happen to hit anyone.

CharlieMac
02-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Thank God it hit a grown up and not a child.

Well, he was scarried off in a stretcher...... :lol

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Well, apparently the punishment is not enough is it

Do you honestly believe that there's a punishment that will be so severe that it will forever stop players from occasionally doing stupid things in the heat of the moment?

If the Artest and Sprewell suspensions -- which basically cost each of those guys a season, a boatload of money in terms of lost salary, and a severe loss of reputation -- weren't enough to accomplish that goal, what will be?

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Do you honestly believe that there's a punishment that will be so severe that it will forever stop players from occasionally doing stupid things in the heat of the moment?

If the Artest and Sprewell suspensions -- which basically cost each of those guys a season, a boatload of money in terms of lost salary, and a severe loss of reputation -- weren't enough to accomplish that goal, what will be? What makes you think they didn't accomplish the goal? Call me the next time a player rushes to the stands to hit a fan http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

I'm talking the smaller indiscretions. Seriously though, the fine is probably going to be like $5,000, which to them is absolutely nothing. You can't expect that to teach them anything

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-26-2006, 11:29 PM
I agree with FWD and the lil' Philly gal. Stuff happens. I don't think it was intentional.

Brutalis
02-26-2006, 11:30 PM
Guys it was an accident. The guy played it up though for what it was worth in the spotlight.

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 11:32 PM
What makes you think they didn't accomplish the goal? Call me the next time a player rushes to the stands to hit a fan http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

I'm talking the smaller indiscretions

The point is that the very harsh penalties haven't stopped all stupidity. You seem to want a penalty that will forever end all stupidity. Are you arguing that there has to be a harsh fine assessed for every stupid act before all stupidity goes away? If the threat of losing a season's worth of games and salary isn't enough to end stupidity, there's little that can be done, other than to penalize it when it occurs.

I don't understand why Garnett ends up being the example, though. He admitted that he did something stupid and apologized for that. He certainly seems to understand that neither is good enough to remedy the problem -- he seems to know that he'll be fined or suspended or both. What else is necessary?

IcemanCometh
02-26-2006, 11:38 PM
guy obviously was a shitty fan, he complained and fucking got garnett ejected.

ShoogarBear
02-26-2006, 11:57 PM
guy obviously was a shitty fan, he complained and fucking got garnett ejected.He'll get a nice check out of it.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-26-2006, 11:58 PM
The point is that the very harsh penalties haven't stopped all stupidity. You seem to want a penalty that will forever end all stupidity. Are you arguing that there has to be a harsh fine assessed for every stupid act before all stupidity goes away? If the threat of losing a season's worth of games and salary isn't enough to end stupidity, there's little that can be done, other than to penalize it when it occurs.

I don't understand why Garnett ends up being the example, though. He admitted that he did something stupid and apologized for that. He certainly seems to understand that neither is good enough to remedy the problem -- he seems to know that he'll be fined or suspended or both. What else is necessary?
So what you are saying is, you know its wrong, they know its wrong, but there is nothing they can do to stop it, so to hell with it?

Dunc
02-26-2006, 11:59 PM

You should absolutely do that.... I think he would laugh his ass off, lol

kris
02-27-2006, 12:10 AM
The guy is just trying to sue. (No Blaze, buying a ticket does not relinquish your right to sue.) I saw the replay and all that happened was he got hit by a basketball. The only trauma he suffered was how embarrassing it would be to make the officials carry you out because you got hit with a basketball. Just about everybody has been hit in the head with a ball, it could have hurt, but it's just one of those things you shake off.

I hope Garnett doesn't get suspended, but it looks like he will.

Exaggerated reactions like the guy checking for blood and AL's call for responsibility will probably force the NBA's hand.

At least the fans booed the guy.

kris
02-27-2006, 12:10 AM
double post

Despot
02-27-2006, 12:18 AM
While the guy was probably trying to milk it, I'm pretty sure that the idea of taking him out on a stretcher was the idea of the Arena staff, just to be careful. And I also doubt the girl was faking the crying, kids have been known to cry when their parents are hurt, thats not unbelievable.

As far as the lawsuit goes, I'm betting he is able to sue, I don't believe there is any contract or agreement that can be enforced when someone is inflicted by gross negligence. The league should not come down too hard against KG, a hefty fine and one game suspension should do it, but they should do their best deter the behaviour.

This guy was hit, had the hell scared out of his daughter, was booed by an arena full of people, and whether he enjoys it or not, he is a national news story, not all people want to be in the spotlight. I would have called it a bad night, and a reason to stress out, so yeah, I feel for the guy. He'll probably wind up getting team signed basketballs and Jerseys though, hell, the guy probably has a nice settlement check in hand as we speak.

timvp
02-27-2006, 12:27 AM
The fan should have caught the ball. KG barely tossed it.

That fan should also stay faaaaaaaaar way from a baseball game.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-27-2006, 01:02 AM
The fan should have caught the ball.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that. :lmao

T Park
02-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Call me the next time a player rushes to the stands to hit a fan

Antonio Davis?

No shit.

What a fuckin douche bag.

Sits there, making his daughter cry by not trying to settle her down, worrying more about "getting hit"

Gets wheeled out on a goddamn stretcher.

Total, absolute douche bag.

Bravo to Minnesota fan for booing his pansy ass.

That guy is also the guy prob trying to sue the state of Minnesota because he got hit with a showflake on the head.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-27-2006, 01:15 AM
I think it's bullshit that the fan needed to get carried out on a gurney. Must be a lawyer.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-27-2006, 01:18 AM
Antonio Davis?
yes T Park, thats right, that episode and the brawl were same case scenario http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif The man witnessed an intoxicated man grab his wife, and thought she was in peril. No amount of fines can prevent a man from protecting his family.

You call the fan a douche bag, but I bet that with the money he's probably going to get, he'll put her through college http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Horry For 3!
02-27-2006, 01:56 AM
:lmao @ that fan being carted out after getting hit with a basketball

Horry For 3!
02-27-2006, 01:56 AM
The fan also got booed because I guess he was the reason why Garnett got ejected.

That guy is a fucking pussy. He leaves after getting hit by a fucking basketball. What a loser.

angel_luv
02-27-2006, 01:57 AM
If he is not injured he cannot sue, right? Unless maybe he attempts to makes a case for distress caused.

Horry For 3!
02-27-2006, 01:59 AM
It is pretty pathetic when he barely got hit.

I have got a basketball throw at my face and I didn't bitch about it.

Dude is obviously lame.

Warlord23
02-27-2006, 02:07 AM
The guy who got hit was a knowledgable Minny fan. He got Garnett out of the game before the 4th quarter, and the Wolves went on to win it. He saved another choke job.

j/k

polandprzem
02-27-2006, 02:13 AM
The guy who got hit was a knowledgable Minny fan. He got Garnett out of the game before the 4th quarter, and the Wolves went on to win it. He saved another choke job.

j/k

That was I was thinking. With KG on the court the probably would loose this game.

But come on KG is a good guy - he wears a suit.
He wanted to pass the ball to the fan cause the fan said he would do better job on the court than KG.
Yes he is a good guy - sometimes he hits his teemates sometimes he call fans a faggots, but he is a good guy.

----
sue sue sue - that's the America. :rolleyes

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-27-2006, 05:00 AM
The fan should have caught the ball. KG barely tossed it.

I agree, I thought this was impossible, but he has worse hands than Nazr.

DannyT
02-27-2006, 05:47 AM
The Kid is just done man, he's mentally exhausted and prolly fed up with the team, he is goin through a lot of things right now and has big decissions to make after this season, can he stick it out and be loyal like 5-0? doubt it he will prolly sell out like the like of a elbow throwin postal mailman.... but this is not usually k.g's style..... and tooo ol' farmer boy who milked the shit outta this incident ....
man the f*%$ up, gooo back home and ask your ol lady if you could please have your cajones back before youre panzy @$$ attends another sportin event....now having said this i will prolly end up gettin flatted by diseal or beat by artest the next time i go to an event knowin my luck......

danny t

jochhejaam
02-27-2006, 07:30 AM

Sending a message about messing with the fans whether it be going into the stands or throwing something into the stands needs to be reinforced in a strong way. I'd say a $100,000 fine might get other players attention about this unnaceptable behaviour. And I agree that Garnett isn't a problem child for the NBA.

1Parker1
02-27-2006, 09:31 AM
I agree with FWD and the lil' Philly gal. Stuff happens. I don't think it was intentional.

Hey Punk! Who you callin little? :eyebrows

1Parker1
02-27-2006, 09:35 AM
If he is not injured he cannot sue, right? Unless maybe he attempts to makes a case for distress caused.

Honey, this is America. You can sue anyone at anytime :lol

DMFFL341
02-27-2006, 09:37 AM
I was listening to ESPN radio last night and they could not stop laughing about the fan that got hit. Apparently Garnett didn't even hit him hard and they had to take the fan out on a stretcher, and the crowd booed the fan for being such a pussy. I think it's hilarious IMO.

Joepa
02-27-2006, 09:45 AM
That fan is ridiculous.

angel_luv
02-27-2006, 10:07 AM
I was listening to ESPN radio last night and they could not stop laughing about the fan that got hit. Apparently Garnett didn't even hit him hard and they had to take the fan out on a stretcher, and the crowd booed the fan for being such a pussy. I think it's hilarious IMO.

Was the arena medical staff required to take the fan out on a stretcher ( protocol)?
Or did he insist on it?

Pistons < Spurs
02-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Was the arena medical staff required to take the fan out on a stretcher ( protocol)?
Or did he insist on it?

I would imagine it was the arena's doing. Seeing how flaky he was acting, they're probably just covering their own asses so that he doesn't say he has whiplash or who knows what, 2 weeks from now.

FromWayDowntown
02-27-2006, 11:28 AM

If you want to get all technical about it, little (in most states, at least) would stop him from filing a lawsuit. He cannot prevail in the suit (in most states, at least) unless he can show that he sustained some sort of injury, whether the injury was physical or mental/emotional.

This morning, that fan is probably visiting Dr. Nick Riviera and some psychiatrist to come up with a paper trail to eventually prove those types of injuries.

Ultimately, in an instance like this one, if the guy is dead set on being a jackass and filing suit, Garnett will likely just settle the suit for nuisance value (what it would cost him to defend against the suit) and move on. The guy will probably get some cash and that will be that.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-27-2006, 11:55 AM
http://www.atlantaillustrated.com/blogs/blog02/uploaded_images/dr_nick_riviera-734744.jpg

Victim's Doc: "And this smudge here that looks like my fingerprint. No, that's trauma!"

In the few seconds of coverage I saw, the fan seemed to be unresponsive to KG when he went to apologize. This guy saw dollar signs instead of a Timberwolves jersey.

infinite styles
02-27-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm not condoning anything that Garnett did and he should probably get suspended but give me a break. This fan clearly saw dollar signs when he got hit and decided to milk it for what its worth. Even when Garnett went up to apologize dude was acting shady. Anyways to get carried out on a stretcher is plain ridiculous.

infinite styles
02-27-2006, 01:19 PM
I've never seen a fan carried off on a stretcher when ever shaq dives into the stands.

Darrin
02-27-2006, 01:32 PM
yes T Park, thats right, that episode and the brawl were same case scenario http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif The man witnessed an intoxicated man grab his wife, and thought she was in peril. No amount of fines can prevent a man from protecting his family.

You call the fan a douche bag, but I bet that with the money he's probably going to get, he'll put her through college http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

No matter his baser instincts, the fact of the matter is Davis put his wife in more peril by rushing into the stands than to sit by and call security. All it takes is one person overracting to Antonio Davis going up into the stands and there's a riot. The NBA players are playing Russian Roulette. Artest was lucky to get out of a mob of 1000 people without a scratch on him. If you need to see what I mean, check out the bloodied soccer player who ran into the stands or the fans who fling flares onto the field at a soccer match.

Stay out of the damned stands. I am not excusing a fan who puts his finger in the face of a player's wife or a fuck-up who throws a plastic cup at a player like he's a fucking two-year-old with shit for brains. Or an asshole who launches a quarter at a player.

I'm not saying these people don't deserve to have their asses kicked. But I don't want to live in a world as an NBA fan where a player is severly injured, or worse, dead at the hands of an angry mob of fans.

rayray2k8
02-27-2006, 03:51 PM
First of all KG didnt throw the ball THAT hard, so my question is, whos the bigger bone head?
KG or the over-exaggerating fan?
Dont get me wrong, what KG did was wrong and he should be punished but the way the fan acted like he was shot by a snipper.
2 words.. cha-ching

FreshPrince22
02-27-2006, 03:56 PM
LMAO at the fan leaving on a strecher. Are you kidding me? If KG gets a lawsuit out of this that fan should be shot.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I guess the NBA should prohibit halfcourt heaves, and blocks, because i've seen many of those go into the crowd with more force than how KG threw the ball.

Horry For 3!
02-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Rome is ripping into that fan :lmao :lol

sickdsm
02-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Obviously it was stupid, the only clip i saw was the one at ESPN.com which you really can't see that good. But i can see that he basically threw it with his wrist and forearm. Like a jumpshot with one arm. The stretcher was apparently target center precaution but ONLY bc of the way the guy acted. Two examples come to mind this year against the wolves, Carmelo and Rashad lewis both hit a fan doing that. Rashad was frustraated and tried to slam the ball into the backpost and missed and fiercely hit a woman in the face. I can't remember if it was at target or seatle but i think it was Mps. An autographed jersey and pict and he was on his way.

BTW, neither Rashad or Carmelo were ejected in those games.

I'd be pretty embarrased to be that guy even if it was in Memphis.

I'd never show my face again considering it was in Mps.

baseline bum
02-27-2006, 05:09 PM
This thread is worthless without video.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-27-2006, 05:24 PM
It's on the NBA front page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

polandprzem
02-27-2006, 07:00 PM
"Come - play with us" - said garnett passing the ball to the fan.

angel_luv
02-28-2006, 12:34 AM
When Manu picked up his third foul tonight against the Knicks he was obviously frustrated and made a quick motion to heave the ball. But he stopped himself and rolled the ball on the floor instead.

It reminded me of this thread, the post.