PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Detroit's new Fresh Prince...

JMarkJohns
02-26-2006, 09:54 PM
You may have deleted the thread, but I always copy my posts before I submit them. Good habit to get into.

You may think you're a creative troll, but it's pretty lame.

http://www.onlinesports.com/images/phf-aagk131.gif

Derek Fisher assures the Detroit Pistons a 2004 NBA Title.

OH SNAP!! ;)

That's exactly right. The Pistons didn't defeat the Spurs by defeating the team that beat the Spurs. That isn't logic. It's insanity.

The Pistons lost outright in their bout with the Spurs. 4-3, Spurs, so stop pretending you accomplished something two years ago against this team when you didn't then and didn't when you could last season.

You're on the right track this year, but that was early and your boys have been average of late. Let's see if you can win the games in June. The "season" games that truly matter.

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 10:37 PM
. . . .but that was early and your boys have been average of late.

I have no idea what precipitated this post -- there must be some backstory.

Nevertheless, I'm shocked to come in here and find out that a team that has won 16 of its last 19 (and gone 9-2 on the road in that stretch) has been "average of late."

JMarkJohns
02-26-2006, 10:42 PM
I have no idea what precipitated this post -- there must be some backstory.

Nevertheless, I'm shocked to come in here and find out that a team that has won 16 of its last 19 (and gone 9-2 on the road in that stretch) has been "average of late."

Average of late, not over the last month. What are they, 3-3 over the last two weeks? Isn't that average?

The dumb Prince started a thread celebrating the Fisher shot just for the hell of it. Whatever...

ABDENOUR POWER
02-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Average of late, not over the last month. What are they, 3-3 over the last two weeks?

Uh, Detroit is on a 5 game winning streak.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Yeah, Yeah.. I just looked it up.

Over a two week stretch, however, they were average and that was recently. They have played much better apparently since a 4-4 stretch.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2006, 10:51 PM
I guess the jokes on me for defending the Spurs. Serves me right.

Come one, come all!!!

Spurminator
02-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Let the record show that the Spurminator post quoted was a good-natured response to a "smack" Caption This thread and does not necessarily reflect my true feelings about the 2004 NBA Champions.

Carry on. ;)

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 10:58 PM
I guess the jokes on me for defending the Spurs. Serves me right.

Come one, come all!!!

Oh, I thought you were dissing the Spurs -- my bad. Like I say, I didn't know the backstory and couldn't really tell if you were commenting on the Spurs or not. I was appalled at the thought that anyone could say that the Spurs have been just average of late.

Of course, I also would disagree with calling the Pistons average of late, but my standards for what qualifies as above average might not be as high as yours.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Oh, I thought you were dissing the Spurs -- my bad. Like I say, I didn't know the backstory and couldn't really tell if you were commenting on the Spurs or not. I was appalled at the thought that anyone could say that the Spurs have been just average of late.

Of course, I also would disagree with calling the Pistons average of late, but my standards for what qualifies as above average might not be as high as yours.

would a 4-4 two week stretch qualify as average? I believe break even is the basic definition...

I didn't realize they had won five straight.

I thought my post was pretty straight forward. It had a Detroit poster in the Title and mentioned Detroit throughout. I said that Detroit's win over LA didn't qualify as a win over the Spurs in 2004. Especially since the Pistons failed in the head-to-head matchup just last year. I was critical of the poster and his post because it was mindless. Should have doublechecked the records, but the point still remains. Detroit is great, but they have yet to beat the Spurs when it matters most.

Thanks folks, that's it, that's all... Good night.

Please clean up all the tomatos off the stage before ya leave. They might end up stinking as much as my takes.

ShoogarBear
02-26-2006, 11:09 PM
I still have no idea what this thread is about.

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 11:12 PM
I still have no idea what this thread is about.

That makes me feel much, much better.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Again...

Fresh Prince of Detroit creates a thread celebrating Derek Fisher's .04 second shot (as pictured). He did so just cause and for no real reason except he likes to think of himself as creative and such.

My initial post here was a response to that thread, which I guess was deleted.

I decided that since I had copied the message before the error occured, that I'd go ahead and tell Prince what was up.

GD IT... Never thought I'd get flack for taking up the Spurs cause.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2006, 11:15 PM
Yer welcome to delete it, if'n ya wants...

Since no one really cares. I'd do it, but evidently, don't have the power.

FromWayDowntown
02-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Again...

Fresh Prince of Detroit creates a thread celebrating Derek Fisher's .04 second shot (as pictured). He did so just cause and for no real reason except he likes to think of himself as creative and such.

My initial post here was a response to that thread, which I guess was deleted.

I decided that since I had copied the message before the error occured, that I'd go ahead and tell Prince what was up.

GD IT... Never thought I'd get flack for taking up the Spurs cause.

You're not taking flak. We're just not privy to the backstory and the original post made it difficult to understand whose ox was being gored in your take. I thought you were dissing the Spurs recent play, so I jumped in with a counter to that position.

For the record, I appreciate the argument you were making -- I do wonder what would have happened had Fisher not made that shot. But the truth is that he made it. The Pistons eliminated the team that eliminated the Spurs, so I don't honestly subscribe to the notion that the Pistons would have lost to San Antonio in 2004, largely because I don't know what would have happened. The Spurs and Pistons had played in San Antonio late in that season and the Spurs were able to beat them, which makes me think the Spurs would have had a chance to win the Finals. The Spurs also didn't have the sort of "I'm out to win an MVP for myself" wild card that the Lakers had. And the Spurs, ostensibly, wouldn't have suffered a serious injury to one of their starters -- something that may have affected the Lakers chances to win the series. Still, that Pistons team earned a title and they were worthy champions, as their play since the 2004 Finals has shown.

The margin between the Spurs and the Pistons over the last few seasons (particuarly since the Rasheed Wallace trade) is basically negligible.

JMarkJohns
02-26-2006, 11:25 PM
I wasn't saying the Spurs would have won. I'm saying that he couldn't say that since the Pistons beat the Lakers who beat the Spurs that it was the same as beating the Spurs.

Anyway. I'm tired.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5237/petranemcova1119ua.jpg

For your trouble.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9937/ivanab31cj.jpg

FreshPrince22
02-26-2006, 11:39 PM
This new guy is trying to ruin my good name

JMarkJohns
02-26-2006, 11:45 PM
That's why I said "new"... I didn't want anyone getting the two of you confused.

Dunc
02-26-2006, 11:45 PM
This new guy is trying to ruin my good name

Everytime I see his name on a post I just cringe and pray...

ShoogarBear
02-26-2006, 11:56 PM
This new guy is trying to ruin my good nameLOL, he already has. I thought you were who we've been talking about.

Dunc
02-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Btw, JMark, I think we all accept your offerings of contrition :D

JMarkJohns
02-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Just to set the record straight.

I wasn't badmouthing the Pistons, the Spurs or saying either was better or what not.

I was calling out the new troll for his mindless logic and trolling techniques.

I guess you just had to see enough of his stuff that you grew tired of it.

And you're welcome...
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/5181/marisamiller275gb.jpg

Dunc
02-27-2006, 12:08 AM
I, for one, like this guy :D

T Park
02-27-2006, 01:09 AM
My new favorite Suns poster. :lol

Dunc
02-27-2006, 01:13 AM
I think that this whole thing with the new Fresh Prince has all worked out for the best, really :)

Trainwreck2100
02-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Sent to the tomb of silence.

Horry For 3!
02-27-2006, 02:39 AM
Yeah that "Fresh Prince Of Detriot" kid is pretty lame. He/She is most likely a troll from what I have seen them type.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2006, 02:42 AM
My new favorite Suns poster. :lol

You love the pics! You really love the pics...

Since no one has said anything in the "hot chick" thread, I submit...

My Spanish-hearted Mona Lisa
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6425/jkfront20gr.jpg

There's a little something extra there, however :eyebrows

ABDENOUR POWER
02-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Damn JMark, after those photos you're alright in my book. :lol

Darrin
02-27-2006, 01:18 PM
It would've been interesting to see that 2004 series. I actually wanted either the Spurs or the T-Wolves to make the Finals because I would've felt better had the Pistons not won, and I thought they presented better matchups when you considered not having the guard Shaquille O'Neal in his prime.

Let's not forget that Indiana and New Jersey did not beat the Pistons with Rasheed Wallace in the regular season entering the playoffs. In fact, neither of those teams scored over 71 points in their matchups with Detroit. The Lakers and T-Wolves had already wrapped up their festivities.

The Pistons, however, did play the Spurs and the result was a complete and total meltdown to the Defending Champions at SBC Center. That loss gave the Pistons their only back-to-back losses in the final 24 games of the season (20-4). They were coming off a back-to-back in New Orleans which they lost on a controversial call. A call, in combination with a last-second offensive foul on Chauncey Billups in Minnesota, that caused the Pistons to file an official grievence with the league over a particular referee.

But the game at SBC was a nightmare. It was close throughout, but the Spurs limited the Pistons to six made field goals in the fourth quarter, and Ben Wallace was ejected in one of only two games I have ever seen him get two technical fouls (January of 2004 vs. the Raptors).

So combine that with the series last seasonand we have no room to talk. The Spurs are the team to beat until they are beat, and this year's team is doing everything it can to beat the Spurs and win an NBA Championship.

Dunc
02-27-2006, 01:33 PM
It's official. Jmark is the man.

Darrin
02-27-2006, 01:35 PM
It's official. Jmark is the man.

She's looking a little cold.

ABDENOUR POWER
02-27-2006, 05:54 PM
She's looking a little cold.

I'd be willing to warm her up. :lol

v2freak
02-27-2006, 09:28 PM
All hail JmarkJohns...

JMarkJohns
02-28-2006, 01:38 AM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9971/millajovovich00554nb.jpg (http://imageshack.us)