PDA

View Full Version : All - NBA candidates

polandprzem
02-27-2006, 02:51 AM
Well I want to talk about Timmys chances to be in the NBA first squad.

We know his season is not what we wanting it to be like, and we know thatb Parker is one lever higher than last year.

those 2 things can make a thinking in the jurnalists that he is not there. He is not allnba player.

What do you think? Can he be because of his court presents?

He was alwayes in first nba team and is close to making a history. Pettit first 10 seasons and Baylor 10 in 11 years (1year injury), Larry Bird 9 first seasons.
Timmay 'just' 8 first season first teams selection.

This year he has got rivals like Nowitzki, James, Brand, Matrix. wooo. many.
Buit I'm wondering if they could bring him at the center posision (previous years he couldn't be) and oif they can put james in the guard position?
But if James would be in the guard pos. than we've got Billups or Nash in the second one.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2006, 02:56 AM
1st-team
guards: Nash, Bryant
forwards: James, Dirk
center: Tim Duncan

2nd-team
guards: Billups, Iverson
forwards: Marion, Brand
center: B. Wallace

3rd-team
guards: Wade, Parker
forwards: Carter, Garnett
center: Bosh

Players like McGrady, J. O'Neal, Camby, etc.. all received consideration, but all missed significant stretches during the season and I've always held that a minimum of 70 games should be played to qualify.

Rynospursfan
02-27-2006, 03:05 AM
Duncan has only started, what one or two games at Center this year. I seriously doubt they will put him in that category. I think he streak may be done unless he can really turn up the offensive production these last couple months.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2006, 03:13 AM
If they fail to list Duncan as a center, then the trickle down is bad.

Duncan falls to 2nd-team, Ben Wallace replaces him as 1st-team center.

1st-team
guards: Nash, Bryant
forwards: James, Dirk
center: B. Wallace

2nd-team
guards: Billups, Iverson
forwards: Duncan, Brand
center: Bosh

3rd-team
guards: Wade, Parker
forwards: Marion, Garnett
center: S. O'neal

This really sucks, because Marion really does deserve to be on the 2nd-team. His numbers are flat-out crazy this year. That said, I can't place him above Duncan or Brand, though an argument can be made that he's having a better statistical season, I don't think it's enough since Duncan and Brand are their team's prime players, drawing for focus of the defense each night.

If Duncan does continue to struggle and Marion keeps picking up his play, I think Marion could be voted 2nd-team over Duncan, though I don't think that will happen.

FromWayDowntown
02-27-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't particularly care and doubt that Tim cares much about the subject, but I think Tim will be hard-pressed to continue that streak. He'll likely be on some all-NBA team, but unless his scoring improves dramatically in the next 6 weeks or he has huge games against premier teams, I don't think Tim's numbers will get him that First Team vote, particularly because Nash, Kobe, Billups, Lebron, and Dirk are all legitimate MVP candidates.

Darrin
02-27-2006, 01:53 PM
G - Billups, Bryant
F - James, Brand
C - B. Wallace

G - Nash, Parker
F - Duncan, Dirk
C - Shaq

G - Iverson, Wade
F - Howard, Marion
C - Bosh

ShoogarBear
02-27-2006, 03:36 PM
G - Billups, Bryant
F - James, Brand
C - B. Wallace

G - Nash, Parker
F - Duncan, Dirk
C - Shaq

G - Iverson, Wade
F - Howard, Marion
C - Bosh

No way Parker is over either Wade or Iverson. His best shot and only shot is 3rd Team.

Billups, Kobe, and Nash are going to be interesting, since they could conceivably finish (however sorted) 1-2-3 in the MVP voting.

I think Dirk will get 1st Team over Brand, although Brand probably deserves it more.

Shaq as 2nd team makes me puke, but it's probably inevitable.

ALVAREZ6
02-27-2006, 03:47 PM
1st team All-NBA roster: Rasheed Wallace. No one else.

http://elmundodeporte.elmundo.es/elmundodeporte/especiales/2003/10/nba/images/rasheed-reuters.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
02-27-2006, 04:49 PM
If Duncan does not make 1st team this year i will quit watching basketball and just assume the pistons will win every championship for hte rest of my life (because this incarnation won a total of one against a 3 man laker team and a broken malone)

Spurologist
02-27-2006, 06:11 PM
ALVAREZ6, that pic was funny but getting annoying. You can always get a poster of it pass it out to friends if you want to share it so much.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Not over Dirk, not over James. Please, look at the stats, then the standings.

Dirk is a top-5 MVP candidate this season. Duncan is not. James, is as well.

Duncan's best hope is that they select him as the center, which he'd deserve. As a forward, it's debatable whether Duncan is having a better season than Marion, Brand and Bosh.

ALVAREZ6
02-27-2006, 07:51 PM
:lmao

That was the point...I was purposing posting it repeatedly...

ShoogarBear
02-27-2006, 08:25 PM
we know that picture is funny but stop fuckin posting it every threadThat thing is gonna haunt us if the Spurs lose to the Pistons in the Finals.