PDA

View Full Version : Question about AT&T Center Parking

ObiwanGinobili
02-27-2006, 11:24 AM
OK.
So we have tickets tonight for Spurs vs. Knicks.
They did not come with a parking pass.
I've never had Spurs tickets without a Parking pass.... I don;t know what to do .. what are my options. :oops

I would've gone down and got one BUT-- I bought them friday afternoon , we left for Victoria friday night and spent all weekend helping my in-laws move to New Braunfels. Got back late last night and I can't go get one this afternoon because it's Emo's week to drive the car-pool so he has the vehicle.

Sooo..... where can I park? how much does it cost etc etc etc.

(ps. kiddos will be there too decked out in their Spurs gear best! so please don;t tell me i have to park 14 miules away and hike it! :angel )

Dunc
02-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I imagine you can probably just pay cash to get in... I've only been to Pistons games, but you can just give em $10 and they'll let you park. Should be the same there?

Budkin
02-27-2006, 11:29 AM
I've never parked in the real lots there but there's a pay for parking lot across the street from where the VIA buses drop people off. I think it's like 11 bucks. I've also found that the VIA park and ride buses are easy to use. I use the one on Randolph Blvd. but I'm coming from Austin.

boutons_
02-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Arrive a bit early to assure you can park where mostly everybody else does, in the ATT parking lots. Not 14 miles, maybe 1400 feet.

angel_luv
02-27-2006, 11:32 AM
It is not a bad walk even from the cheaper parking.

Phenomanul
02-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Just for reference, I've never had a parking pass and it has always been a short walk... :)

travis2
02-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Coming in from I-35 on AT&T Center Parkway...follow the signs (and traffic) to lots 6-7-8. I think the parking there is $8. It's a walk, but not a bad one. And it's still on the AT&T grounds.

midgetonadonkey
02-27-2006, 12:25 PM
I park at the Dr. Pepper place for $10 and it's not far at all.

pache100
02-27-2006, 12:27 PM
I've only parked at the Arena for Rampage, Silver Stars, and pre-season Spurs games. I always ride the bus when it is running, I don't think you can beat it for $5 each and it gets you pretty close to the door (you probably have seen where the busses board and deboard at the arena) and you can park your car right across the drive from where it picks you up/drops you off at the park-and-ride. I use the Randolph Blvd P&R, too, it's very convenient getting in and out. The busses start running about an hour before the game (sometimes earlier) and run until about an hour after the game is over (or until no more people are coming out of the arena toward the busses).

The best thing about riding the bus for us, besides it's cheaper than parking, is - NO GRIDLOCK! Those big ol' busses just cut through that after-game traffic like buttah. You are out of there in a heartbeat as soon as the bus is full. We always get home a lot earlier when we ride the bus than when we have had to park at the arena.

When I have gone to Rampage/Silver Stars/Spurs pre-season games, though, sometimes I have a parking pass, sometimes not. I have never had a problem parking, though; there is usually different prices for the different lots, and they will ask you which you want and tell you where to drive to park for that price.

HAVE FUN AT THE GAME!

dknights411
02-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Four words: VIA Park and Ride.

newbiefan
02-27-2006, 01:18 PM
usually pay the $15, short walk to the center. costs $5 for each adult in park and ride, don't know how much kids cost..

ObiwanGinobili
02-27-2006, 02:03 PM
$5 for each adult ot Park & Ride?
ehhh.. I'm willing to trade the inconvience of parking at the AT&T for the savings... we will be 3 adults ($15) plus to kids under 2.

Thanks everyone for your help!! (esp. Travis) :tu
Looks like we'll be parking in 7-8 or 9. :)

leemajors
02-27-2006, 02:06 PM
I've never parked in the real lots there but there's a pay for parking lot across the street from where the VIA buses drop people off. I think it's like 11 bucks. I've also found that the VIA park and ride buses are easy to use. I use the one on Randolph Blvd. but I'm coming from Austin.

is there a randoph blvd. exit off 35?

gay abc
02-27-2006, 02:14 PM
we always park in lot 1 or A (can't remember - too old) :lol $15.00 - short walk :smokin

Budkin
02-27-2006, 05:19 PM
is there a randoph blvd. exit off 35?

No, when I'm coming from Austin I exit at Weidner and make a left on it, then drive a couple blocks and make a right on Randolph. Then you just follow it down to where you meet up with the highway again and you will see the Park and Ride on your right.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2006, 05:21 PM
$5 for each adult ot Park & Ride?
ehhh.. I'm willing to trade the inconvience of parking at the AT&T for the savings... we will be 3 adults ($15) plus to kids under 2.

Thanks everyone for your help!! (esp. Travis) :tu
Looks like we'll be parking in 7-8 or 9. :)

Travis gave you the most reasonable option for your family, I think. It's not that far. And $8 is cheaper than some of the offsite lots.

SpursWoman
02-27-2006, 05:32 PM
My parking pass is for lot 6 (the $8 lot) ... the only time it sucks is when it's 10 degrees & windy or pouring down rain. On a nice day like today it's a very nice walk. :)

Shelly made me park in the $20 or $15 lot or whatever once...and it took over an hour to get out of the parking lot after the game...then we proceeded to get lost. :angel :lol

ObiwanGinobili
02-27-2006, 05:46 PM
My parking pass is for lot 6 (the $8 lot) ... the only time it sucks is when it's 10 degrees & windy or pouring down rain. On a nice day like today it's a very nice walk. :)

Shelly made me park in the $20 or $15 lot or whatever once...and it took over an hour to get out of the parking lot after the game...then we proceeded to get lost. :angel :lol

:lol
haha! I always park in the ones that are right upr front practically kissing the door.. (lots 2 or 3??) anyway. they alwasy came with my tix so I had no idea how much they were.
We are always the last ones to leave so by time we get to the parking lot it's completely dead. :angel

big mistake I once made was try to take Houston from a friends house to downtown at 9:30 on a game night..... :oops a simple 5 min. trip turned into 1 1/2 hours.