PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to TheTruth!

katyon6th
02-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Congratulations my brotha on your new job at HEB's insight center!! It's gonna be fantastic to get outta the real world and into a cubicle! Woo.

:elephant

TheTruth
02-27-2006, 11:48 AM
aye aye aye

batman2883
02-27-2006, 11:48 AM
feel sorry for ya

katyon6th
02-27-2006, 11:51 AM
feel sorry for ya

You shouldn't, he gets a pay increase, set hours, weekends off, etc. etc. etc. And the cubicle really isn't a cubicle, it's just a sweet office environment. It'd be awesome if he worked in an office like The Office. "Michael Scott! FBI! I've got a gun!" Shiiiit.

batman2883
02-27-2006, 11:53 AM
i work in the same type of office, and i tell you what, id rather be out where i can see the sun then locked in this damn building all day

Taco
02-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Congrats

samikeyp
02-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Hail the Truth! :tu

TheTruth
02-27-2006, 11:55 AM
i work in the same type of office, and i tell you what, id rather be out where i can see the sun then locked in this damn building all day
Well, I'll be doing a lot of traveling to HEB stores all over the state every few weeks. But you are right, working in an office environment has its disadvantages.

But so does working at an HEB on the south side.

batman2883
02-27-2006, 11:57 AM
lol i think the biggest plus is sitting on your ass all day....its really quite comfortable...and i have been known to fall asleep at my desk many times

midgetonadonkey
02-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Congrats dude.

Melmart1
02-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey, Truth- do they pay for your travel up front? When I was a trainer, they used to make you pay, then reimburse you. I hated it, cus I travelled often for awhile and could hardly afford all that gas money, car rental, hotel etc. I told my boss I couldn't do it anymore and he finally started charging everything himself and getting reimbursed, all I paid for was gas and food.

It was interesting to see other parts of Texas, though I think I could have died in peace having never visited Big Spring, TX.

TheTruth
02-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Hey, Truth- do they pay for your travel up front? When I was a trainer, they used to make you pay, then reimburse you. I hated it, cus I travelled often for awhile and could hardly afford all that gas money, car rental, hotel etc. I told my boss I couldn't do it anymore and he finally started charging everything himself and getting reimbursed, all I paid for was gas and food.

It was interesting to see other parts of Texas, though I think I could have died in peace having never visited Big Spring, TX.
They give me a company credit card, and I charge everything. I give them the receipts and they cut me a check once a month to pay the credit card back. I was talking to one of my future co workers and he said that it works great, but that they are sometimes late in cutting the check and you have to pay it out of pocket while waiting for the check.

Melmart1
02-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh, that would work better, that is how the military does it. I wish they had that back when I worked for them.

What is the insight center, anways? I have never even heard of it, must be new since last time I worked there (around 2001).

Whatever it is, Congrats! Has to be better than working with crying kids and people bitching about their coupons.

MannyIsGod
02-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Thats how UDS did it for me when they sent me everywhere. The best type of cubicle hell job is the kind where you get out to go to the stores and such. Nice job and congrats.

2Blonde
02-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Congratulations, Truth. I hope you enjoy your new job. :spin

BIG DADDY JOSH
02-27-2006, 01:59 PM
Congrats Matthew.....guess i won't see you at the HEB anymore :(

TheTruth
02-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Oh, that would work better, that is how the military does it. I wish they had that back when I worked for them.

What is the insight center, anways? I have never even heard of it, must be new since last time I worked there (around 2001).

Whatever it is, Congrats! Has to be better than working with crying kids and people bitching about their coupons.
Insight Center = Product Development Office. Whenever HEB creates a new Own Brand product, it goes through my dept. When they do create a new product our office gets it and sends us out to do taste tests and collect data from customers. We get the data, go back to the office and input them into a computer and make the decision if it should go into production and hit the shelves.

I believe that it's been around for a while, but they are tucked away all by themselves at the arsenal downtown.

TheTruth
02-27-2006, 02:04 PM
Congrats Matthew.....guess i won't see you at the HEB anymore :(
Naw man, no more close encouters of the joshy kind for me.

ObiwanGinobili
02-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Congrats !!!! :tu

sidenote: do you want ot give me a clear explanation of HEB's coupon policy ? and whyt they refuse to stack HEB coupons with manufacturer coupons? even though they will be reimbursed bythe manufactuere for the amt of the coupon plus anopther .08cents? and even tho the HEB coupns you are trying to stack then with are straight out and out HEB coupons and are not manufacturer contract HEB coupons???

btw. yes I am one cheap bastard.

TheTruth
02-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Congrats !!!! :tu

sidenote: do you want ot give me a clear explanation of HEB's coupon policy ? and whyt they refuse to stack HEB coupons with manufacturer coupons? even though they will be reimbursed bythe manufactuere for the amt of the coupon plus anopther .08cents? and even tho the HEB coupns you are trying to stack then with are straight out and out HEB coupons and are not manufacturer contract HEB coupons???

btw. yes I am one cheap bastard.
HEB makes many many more dollars when they sell Own Brand products. Why do you think their own brand products are first on every aisle.

Trainwreck2100
02-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Well, I'll be doing a lot of traveling to HEB stores all over the state every few weeks. But you are right, working in an office environment has its disadvantages.

But so does working at an HEB on the south side.

Dibs on your bulletproof vest

Melmart1
02-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Ohhh, I always just called you guys the product research guys, hahaha. That's a cool job, I did one of those taste thingies for some milk last time I was in town, that seems like a fun job. Congrats! Now you can be Mandy's sugar daddy.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Well Congratulations, Matthew.

Save a lot of money so that I can start pressuring you to marry Mandy :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Congrats, Matthew.

Might I recommend getting a Satellite Radio with your increased pay to make the road trips a little easier.

Old School Chic
02-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Congratulations! :elephant

Anyone else celebrating a new career move other then Zstomp & The Truth?

tlongII
02-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Nice!

Silver21_Black20
02-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Congrats!

desflood
02-27-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm looking for a job. Not much luck yet.

Old School Chic
02-27-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm looking for a job. Not much luck yet.

What type of job are you looking for? you can PM me :spin

Ginofan
02-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Well Congratulations, Matthew.

Save a lot of money so that I can start pressuring you to marry Mandy :)

Step off the gas!!! :lol

Congrats my love, I knew you would get it. You deserve it! Love you!

sa_butta
02-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Congratulations! :elephant

Anyone else celebrating a new career move other then Zstomp & The Truth?I transferred to a different department and got a pay increase, does that count?

GoldToe
02-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Congratulations!! And save your money and stick with free radio.

SpursWoman
02-27-2006, 08:30 PM
Awesome...good job! :elephant

ShoogarBear
02-27-2006, 08:32 PM
So, is this exempt or non-exempt?

CheapBastard
02-27-2006, 08:42 PM
HEB and Hill Country Fare rock!!

Fonzie
02-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Aaaaaay...that's cool!

KEDA
02-28-2006, 12:33 AM
HEB makes many many more dollars when they sell Own Brand products. Why do you think their own brand products are first on every aisle.

Same thing for Office Depot Brand merchandise at my store!!!

And Matthew, again congratulations on the promo!

TheTruth
02-28-2006, 02:38 PM
thanks everyone