PDA

View Full Version : Lessons from the Knicks Game

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
02-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Watching the destruction of the Knicks last night should make all Spurs fans count their blessings. The Spurs have a first class organization, an ownership committed to winning (even within a limited budget), a front office that knows what it's doing. They have a plan to keep the team competitive not just this year, but for the next decade.

Think about it: the "small-town" Spurs are THE model, THE gold-standard, by which other NBA franchises are judged. And the big-town Knicks are just another example of an overhyped, media-driven, ego-crazed organization that desperately wants to achieve the Spurs' status.

So the next time you want to knock Rasho, or Brent Barry, one of Pop's coaching decisions, or slam the Spurs for not having what it takes---all of which is certainly your right to do as a fan---just take a deep breath and realize how lucky you are to be a fan of a top-caliber team at the peak of their success. Don't take it for granted. Just look at the Knicks.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-28-2006, 10:04 AM
ahem... you do realize its the KNICKS you're talking about, right? you want our Spurs to prove they have what it takes, lets see them do what they did to the knicks, but instead do it to the Mavs or the Pistons. Then come here and talk the talk. Until then, I say lay low :)

101A
02-28-2006, 10:13 AM
ahem... you do realize its the KNICKS you're talking about, right? you want our Spurs to prove they have what it takes, lets see them do what they did to the knicks, but instead do it to the Mavs or the Pistons. Then come here and talk the talk. Until then, I say lay low :)

They've done just that consistently (absolutely 3 of the past 7 seasons).

Poster didn't say this is the first example; just a glaring example.

The negativity on this board for an injured, defending champion team on a 65 win pace is almost unbelievable.

ObiwanGinobili
02-28-2006, 10:21 AM

From reading his post I did not seem to think he was talking about us kicking the knicks ass's. He was not talking about the spurs proving thru this Win that they have what it takes to be an nba champ or whatever else you were alluding too.

He was talking about the difference between the 2 franchise's.
The knicks are BIG, they are from New York (big) City, they have lots of :bling :bling :bling thrown at that team, they have big name players (sopposedly) in QRich, Marbury, JRose, etc,. they have one of the "greatest" coaches of all time. They are located in a BIG market and make a gazillion dollars just on local advertisments and season tickets.But what has it gotton them??

nothing. they are the most laughable team 2nd only to the Toronto Raptors. Everythign about that team is just crap. Management, roosters, financial situation, all of it. crap crap crap.

Now compare that to the Spurs.
We are in a SMALL market. Small city. Some (idiots) say SA barely qualifies for it;s NBA team. Holt cat & owners are cheaper then all of hades when it comes to :bling. Infact there has been more than one post on Spurs message boards suggesting fans take up a collection to help pay for whatever player we'd (the fans) would like ot sign but know Holt won't put up the dough. It's common knowledge that Spurs front office struggles every year to sell out tickets and season tix. We have 1 big name player (Duncan... duh). Our management is smart, they plan for not only this season but for upcoming seasons .. they want to keep the team succesfull in the long run.

And what do we have to show for it?
A consistant record year after year of winnning, of being contenders.
Three NBA championships.

nkdlunch
02-28-2006, 10:23 AM
the only lesson learned is that the knicks suck balls and can even get destroyed by the Hawks.

Peter
02-28-2006, 10:27 AM
No Tim Duncan and this thread doesn't exist.

Peter
02-28-2006, 10:32 AM
Lesson: Spurs fans should stop dumping on Duncan and recognize how truly fortunate they are, for if a team can't land a talent like that through the draft, even if they play in the world's largest media market, it will be a struggle to build a winner.

travis2
02-28-2006, 10:52 AM
Everythign about that team is just crap. Management, roosters, financial situation, all of it. crap crap crap.

The Knicks have roosters? :wtf

:lol

bdubya
02-28-2006, 10:55 AM
The Knicks have roosters? :wtf

:lol

That's where the "crap crap crap" comes from. If they was getting EGGS instead, they'd be looking at the playoffs. Props to the teams like SA that have competent poultry coordinators.....

MaNuMaNiAc
02-28-2006, 11:26 AM
Lesson: Spurs fans should stop dumping on Duncan and recognize how truly fortunate they are, for if a team can't land a talent like that through the draft, even if they play in the world's largest media market, it will be a struggle to build a winner.
Indeed, but there is no need to remind everyone of that in every thread Peter

leemajors
02-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Indeed, but there is no need to remind everyone of that in every thread Peter

peter can't help being redundant.

bull62400
02-28-2006, 11:48 AM
i say this. With Duncan and Ginobili not exactly 100%. Both being key players. AND... the fact that this is one of Duncan's worst years. Only being back one game from the Mavs and about 3 from the pistons I say is pretty damn good. I could only imagine what the spurs would be like when all players are 100%. I'm not saying it will be a cake walk, but if we stay healthy, it will be a road to the championship this year.

Dario
02-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Peter is just a true black&white person, if its black for him it must be black, if its white for him, well then sure as hell it must be white.
This sounds like a racial statement
- and its not... :)