PDA

View Full Version : Can we win with the current injuries?

spursfaninla
02-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Do you think that if Duncan is still suffering from his sore foot, and Manu is limited (he seems to be currently), the Spurs can go all the way?

I have a feeling that we need to be 100% to beat the pistons. I know Duncan wasn't completely healthy last time, but I think they are stronger this year...

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-28-2006, 12:15 PM
Injuries are a part of the game. Duncan did it on two bad wheels last year, Ginobili got banged up a few times during the run (thought never enough to miss time). Before that the Spurs won a championship with the Admiral nursing a bad back. Granted that this year's Pistons look tougher than last year's, but I believe the Spurs find a way.

spursfaninla
02-28-2006, 12:22 PM
I think last year was as close as can be to come out on top. We BARELY beat detroit.

They are BETTER this year.

We are MORE INJURED than last year, at least as indicated by the performance of Manu and Tim the last few weeks.

Tim's foot is really lingering-Kori said it takes 4-6 months to heal, and I don't know if that is "taking it easy" or playing NBA games time.

Manu can play through some stuff, but a bad ankle will kill your lift, which seems to be his problem right now. He will probably be fine unless he gets hurt again, which considering his playing style is always a risk.

Bottom line: If we get healthy, I know we can do it. If we are hurt, I'm afraid we fall short.

lilmads
02-28-2006, 01:15 PM
I honestly think that for the regular season, keeping in mind all the injuries, the Spurs are doing fine. Last year at this time they were 43-13 and this year they are 44-12. Despite the injuries, they're playing well enough to be this good.
The only thing is the Finals will be against the Pistons. And we all know how that went so far this season...
So with injuries, I'd have to say there's not a big chance that we can win.

spursfaninla
02-28-2006, 05:00 PM
I do think the Spurs win over 60 in the regular season, with our without our full-strength trio. Its when the playoffs start that being full strength will matter. Even against Dallas or Phoenix, I don't really fear them being 75%, considering Tony's improvement. But Our team today isn't good enough to beat Detroit at full strength.

spur219
02-28-2006, 05:52 PM
There is no way. Spurs won't beat Detroit if they are not healthy. It will probably be a tough 6-7 game series if the Spurs are 100% healthy. So if the Spurs are not healthy them not making the finals would be possible but beating the Pistons would not happen.

MoSpur
02-28-2006, 05:54 PM
I hate to say its, but to be honest I doubt it.