PDA

View Full Version : From ESPN's Page 2 Daily Quickie

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-28-2006, 12:19 PM
One night after dropping 20 points in a laugher over the Knicks, Tony Parker is going to be dropping lyrics on an audience of nutty willing sycophants listeners in his live debut as a rapper, at a club in San Antonio tonight.

What better moment than to recount the various attempts by NBA players to show they have as much game on the mic as they do on the court:

*Allen Iverson ("40 Bars")
*Kobe Bryant ("Thug Poet")
*Shaq O'Neal ("Shaq Diesel")

I've heard LeBron also wants to release a rap album, and several NBA players have invested money in being producers. None have been revelations.

So will TP9 break the curse? Well, he raps in French; I just can't see that breaking into the rotation on Hot 97.

(Follow-up: I read that TP's first video, "Top of the Game," will feature cameos by Tim Duncan, Robert Horry, Nazr Mohammed and Brent Barry. It's hard to decide which guy in that bunch is the least awkward.)

That last thing about his video cracked me up. Good luck TP...anyone know what club hes going to be at anyways?

pache100
02-28-2006, 12:22 PM
I thought this was cancelled? According to the paper this morning, he has postponed the club debut indefinitely (read until after the finals). According to what I read, the Spurs thought it might be a distraction and asked him to wait and Parker agreed.

pache100
02-28-2006, 12:39 PM
The event for tonight at Club Antro is "Fat Tuesday".

Angel_Luv posted on Sunday:

When I called the first number it was a recording saying they were taking reservations for the Fat Tuesday blast.

It didn't even register to me that that was weird until after the rep ( second number) told me that was the replacement event.

Also when I tried to buy tickets on the computer earlier today a message came up saying they were no longer being sold online.

I was really excited about going too. Boosh! :depressed

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35351&highlight=tony+parker+club+debut

I'm trying to find the Express-News article from today's paper, but it has not been posted on the website yet.