View Full Version : Prediction for the Mavs - Spurs Game

queeniesuck
02-28-2006, 06:04 PM
The Mavs will win, of course :angel

Mavs 101 - Spurs 90

http://www.geocities.com/queeniesuck/shortybball.jpg

PWNED 2006
02-28-2006, 06:08 PM
i also said that dallas will win in a blowout so they can prove that their the best.
i hope the spurs win just because i dont like dallas but i think dallas will win

T.F. Storm
02-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Mavs 90
Spurs 95

Peter
02-28-2006, 06:10 PM
The Mavs will come loaded for bear, but the Spurs are also starting to tighten things down and get ready for the postseason. I expect an exciting game, but given that it's at home I give the edge to the Spurs. Something like:

Mavs 85
Spurs 95

Oh, Gee!!
02-28-2006, 06:12 PM
If the Spurs lose (esp. if it's by a lot), I'll officially begin panicking.

Leetonidas
02-28-2006, 06:13 PM
The Mavs will win, of course :angel

Mavs 101 - Spurs 90

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/Harto/noob.jpg

Spurs 95
Mavs 87

mavsfan1000
02-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Mavs win 110-91.

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Howard will play and he will be at 100%. The Mavs right now are playing much better and more focused basketball than the Spurs. Avery has cut down on his mistakes on his preperation for the game and it appears no more getting down early to teams like the Raptors. (37-20 Mavs against the 6ers after being down big early the previous 2 games) The Mavs and Spurs have both had 2 days of rest before this game. Duncan hasn't played full strength in a long time and his scoring went way down in February, so that could have a big effect if you have no go-to guy. I'm sure Parker's drive will be cut down as he was the guy who won it for ya'll last game, especially if Armstrong gets put in. I say with all this:

Mavs - 98
Spurs - 92

Leetonidas
Mavs win 110-91.

Your credibility as a member just lost any small amount of value it had with that post. You're a fucking dumbshit if you think the Mavs are going to blowout the Spurs AT HOME.

queeniesuck
Let's put money on this, how do we use the Vbookie Cash thingy?

Leetonidas
02-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Howard will play and he will be at 100%. The Mavs right now are playing much better and more focused basketball than the Spurs. Avery has cut down on his mistakes on his preperation for the game and it appears no more getting down early to teams like the Raptors. (37-20 Mavs against the 6ers after being down big early the previous 2 games) The Mavs and Spurs have both had 2 days of rest before this game. Duncan hasn't played full strength in a long time and his scoring went way down in February, so that could have a big effect if you have no go-to guy. I'm sure Parker's drive will be cut down as he was the guy who won it for ya'll last game, especially if Armstrong gets put in. I say with all this:

Mavs - 98
Spurs - 92

More focused ball? The Spurs are starting to turn it up. Finley went off last night. 8-8 from the field. Warming up for the Mavs.

DMFFL341
Your credibility as a member just lost any small amount of value it had with that post. You're a fucking dumbshit if you think the Mavs are going to blowout the Spurs AT HOME.

I'm certainly not defending him but we've already blown ya'll out once and I doubt we were at full strength. (I'll look it up) But just as the Mavs have a chance to blow out the Spurs the Spurs have just as good of a chance to blow out the Mavs.

Leetonidas
Let's put money on this, how do we use the Vbookie Cash thingy?

Why do you keep posting Sequ everywhere?

island_dude
Alot depends on the the health of several Mavs players.

I understand that Harris' thigh unjury could be more serious than originally thought, and it's unlikely he will play. I thought he was a key contributor in the last couple of games, with his ability to drive into the lane. Very similar to what Parker does for the Spurs.

Howard is still day to day, but I look for him to play, but he might not be 100%.

Dirk rolled his ankle in the third period against the Sixers, and even though he came back and played well in the fourth, he could have some lingering effects even by Thursday.

I think I'll wait and see what the status of these players will be before making any predictions.

Leetonidas
02-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Tim Duncan is like 50%, so I don't want to hear any bullshit injury excuses.

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 06:20 PM
More focused ball? The Spurs are starting to turn it up. Finley went off last night. 8-8 from the field. Warming up for the Mavs.

Haha, I want to see your season grade on Finley for the season, trust me all he does is jump shot and it will not be working against the Mavs, he's just too washed up and we could virtually put anyone on our team and they could guard him effectively just because he rarely ever drives anymore.

midgetonadonkey
02-28-2006, 06:21 PM
I predict the Spurs will miss some shots and the Mavs will miss some shots. They will play at least 48 minutes and the team with the higher score will win.

Leetonidas
02-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Haha, I want to see your season grade on Finley for the season, trust me all he does is jump shot and it will not be working against the Mavs, he's just too washed up and we could virtually put anyone on our team and they could guard him effectively just because he rarely ever drives anymore.

So you don't think he's going to hit a open shot at all? If you're not going to play any help D, then you're going to get burned by Parker, Manu, and Tim.

Leetonidas
02-28-2006, 06:22 PM
I predict the Spurs will miss some shots and the Mavs will miss some shots. They will play at least 48 minutes and the team with the higher score will win.

:tu

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 06:23 PM
So you don't think he's going to hit a open shot at all? If you're not going to play any help D, then you're going to get burned by Parker, Manu, and Tim.

Trust me, he won't be open, and if he is he won't make the majority of his open shots.

Peter
It's not an individual defender that is going to slow Parker down. It takes a concerted team defense, the likes of which has been seldom seen (the '04 playoff series versus the Lakers comes to mind). The Mavs have to be able to control the paint, which means containing Duncan while keeping TP and everyone else out. That's a tall order for any NBA team, especially for the Mavs.

queeniesuck

Why is that impossible? The Mavs are really hot right now, they can blowout any team in the league.

BigVee
02-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Alot depends on the the health of several Mavs players.

I understand that Harris' thigh unjury could be more serious than originally thought, and it's unlikely he will play. I thought he was a key contributor in the last couple of games, with his ability to drive into the lane. Very similar to what Parker does for the Spurs.

Howard is still day to day, but I look for him to play, but he might not be 100%.

Dirk rolled his ankle in the third period against the Sixers, and even though he came back and played well in the fourth, he could have some lingering effects even by Thursday.

I think I'll wait and see what the status of these players will be before making any predictions.

Heard of Robert Horry? No injury excuses.

island_dude
02-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Tim Duncan is like 50%, so I don't want to hear any bullshit injury excuses.
That's why I'm waiting before making any prediction. Even if everyone's healthy, it can go either way. I won't use injuries as an excuse if the Spur win though. Hopefully you would say the same to any Spurs fan that would try to do the same though.

FromWayDowntown
02-28-2006, 06:29 PM
The Mavs right now are playing much better and more focused basketball than the Spurs.

As getting down big to the Raptors at home no doubt proved.

Avery has cut down on his mistakes on his preperation for the game and it appears no more getting down early to teams like the Raptors. (37-20 Mavs against the 6ers after being down big early the previous 2 games)

And I guess a single game is representative of a sudden improvement in coaching philosophies? If so, Popovich has obviously stressed offensive execution and making shots since the Spurs shot 72% through three quarters against the Knicks.

If you're going to try to talk basketball, at least make an attempt to raise resaonable points based on representative evidence.

The Mavs and Spurs have both had 2 days of rest before this game. Duncan hasn't played full strength in a long time and his scoring went way down in February, so that could have a big effect if you have no go-to guy. I'm sure Parker's drive will be cut down as he was the guy who won it for ya'll last game, especially if Armstrong gets put in.

It's March, baby. February is over. Besides, it's not as if the Spurs have a single go-to guy. The game is on national television -- ask SequSpur his thoughts about Manu Ginobili in nationally televised games.

I say with all this:

Mavs - 98
Spurs - 92

If the Mavericks fulfill Mavs' fans fantasies and score 98, or 101, or 110, or 348, or whatever ridiculous number Mavericks' fan chooses to pull out of his ass in predicting the score of Thursday's game, they'll probably win. That, or any prediction that the Spurs will give up more than 95 points on Thursday is crazy talk. We'll see.

leemajors
02-28-2006, 06:32 PM
i don't get DMFFL341's sig - the Jet is an color commentator on Inside the NBA. Kenny Smith played for the Rockets last i checked...

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 06:35 PM
As getting down big to the Raptors at home no doubt proved.

And I guess a single game is representative of a sudden improvement in coaching philosophies? If so, Popovich has obviously stressed offensive execution and making shots since the Spurs shot 72% through three quarters against the Knicks.

If you're going to try to talk basketball, at least make an attempt to raise resaonable points based on representative evidence.

It's March, baby. February is over. Besides, it's not as if the Spurs have a single go-to guy. The game is on national television -- ask SequSpur his thoughts about Manu Ginobili in nationally televised games.

If the Mavericks fulfill Mavs' fans fantasies and score 98, or 101, or 110, or 348, or whatever ridiculous number Mavericks' fan chooses to pull out of his ass in predicting the score of Thursday's game, they'll probably win. That, or any prediction that the Spurs will give up more than 95 points on Thursday is crazy talk. We'll see.

Ok so coming back from down 24 against a team that was on fire took no focus?

Avery Johnson took full responsibility for the Mavs starting off bad against the Raptors and the Grizz and said he was going to especially emphasize starting well in the next game and it happened.

Just because February is over doesn't mean Duncan hasn't shot poorly for the past month.

How are you going to tell me that predicting 98 for an ON FIRE Mavs team right now on the Spurs is ridiculous? Get your shit straight, the Mavs have a great chance to score 98.

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 06:35 PM
i don't get DMFFL341's sig - the Jet is an color commentator on Inside the NBA. Kenny Smith played for the Rockets last i checked...

Terry's nickname is Jet.

GoSpurs21
02-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Terry's nickname is Jet.he has to use a recycled nic name...how lame

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 06:40 PM
he has to use a recycled nic name...how lame

Lame? Maybe, but it doesn't stop him from play some great basketball.

FromWayDowntown
02-28-2006, 06:41 PM
How are you going to tell me that predicting 98 for an ON FIRE Mavs team right now on the Spurs is ridiculous? Get your shit straight, the Mavs have a great chance to score 98.

Alright, Einstein.

Tell me how many teams (other than the Spurs) have managed to score more than 95 points in the AT&T Center since December 1; for that matter, how many have managed to score more than 95 all season? Here's a link (http://www.nba.com/spurs/schedule/) to assist you in answering those questions.

Get your shit straight, indeed.

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Alright, Einstein.

Tell me how many teams (other than the Spurs) have managed to score more than 95 points in the AT&T Center since December 1; for that matter, how many have managed to score more than 95 all season? Here's a link (http://www.nba.com/spurs/schedule/) to assist you in answering those questions.

Get your shit straight, indeed.

Ok we'll win 85-80. Is that better? Just because statistically no one can score on the Spurs in the AT&T Center doesn't take away from what the Mavs have done in the past 20 games.

FromWayDowntown
02-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Ok we'll win 85-80. Is that better? Just because statistically no one can score on the Spurs in the AT&T Center doesn't take away from what the Mavs have done in the past 20 games.

Nor does what the Mavs have done in the past 20 games take away from what the Spurs have done in their last 20. 19-1 is excellent; 17-3 is far from mediocre, though I'm sure it plays that way in Big D.

At least now, though, you're being somewhat realistic.

ABDENOUR POWER
02-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Go Spurs!

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 07:03 PM
Nor does what the Mavs have done in the past 20 games take away from what the Spurs have done in their last 20. 19-1 is excellent; 17-3 is far from mediocre, though I'm sure it plays that way in Big D.

At least now, though, you're being somewhat realistic.

17-3 is by no means a bad record, but the Mavs have been unreal, no one has ever averaged 19 wins to 1 loss in a season so obviously they are doing something and that's the way they're playing right now, but the best record ever in the NBA was compiled with how the Spurs are playing right now so let's just agree that both teams are playing pretty damn well and the Spurs have the most trouble recently against the 76ers and Cavs that kept them from where the Mavs are right now.

leemajors
02-28-2006, 07:10 PM
the mavs are not averaging 19 wins to one loss. to do that with their current record they would have to currently stand at 209-11. there are not 220 games in an nba season last time i checked.

FromWayDowntown
02-28-2006, 07:12 PM
17-3 is by no means a bad record, but the Mavs have been unreal, no one has ever averaged 19 wins to 1 loss in a season

Are you saying that no team has ever won its games at a 19-1 pace throughout a season? If so, I'm not sure what the relevance of that point is, since the Mavericks won't finish the season having won 19 of every 20 they've played either.

If you're trying to say that this is some unprecedented run in NBA history, the 72 Lakers and their 33-game winning streak might wish to have a say in your discussion.

so obviously they are doing something and that's the way they're playing right now,

Yes, the Mavericks are playing well; but not exceedingly better than every team in the current NBA (much less every team in NBA history)

but the best record ever in the NBA was compiled with how the Spurs are playing right now

Huh?

By the way, the Spurs are one box-out (or one free throw) short of 18-2 in their last 20. The Spurs didn't get the box-out or the free throw and lost that game, but you seem to suggest that the Mavericks are playing head-and-shoulders better than every other team going; I'm just saying that it's not as if the Mavericks have lapped the field or anything.

so let's just agree that both teams are playing pretty damn well and the Spurs have the most trouble recently against the 76ers and Cavs that kept them from where the Mavs are right now.

Again, I agree that the Mavericks are playing great ball right now and they deserve credit for that. I even think there's a chance the Mavericks can win on Thursday night. But I'd disagree strongly with the notion that the Spurs are somehow lagging desperately behind. Where exactly are the Mavs that the Spurs aren't? 1 up with 26 games to go? What an insurmountable margin that is!

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 07:16 PM
the mavs are not averaging 19 wins to one loss. to do that with their current record they would have to currently stand at 209-11. there are not 220 games in an nba season last time i checked.

Wow jesus fucking christ do I have to spell it out to you? They have 19 wins and 1 loss in their last 20 games if you haven't figured it out by now.

FromWayDowntown
02-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Wow jesus fucking christ do I have to spell it out to you? They have 19 wins and 1 loss in their last 20 games if you haven't figured it out by now.

I don't think anyone has disputed that. The Spurs have 17 wins and 3 losses in their last 20 games. Your point?

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Are you saying that no team has ever won its games at a 19-1 pace throughout a season? If so, I'm not sure what the relevance of that point is, since the Mavericks won't finish the season having won 19 of every 20 they've played either.

If you're trying to say that this is some unprecedented run in NBA history, the 72 Lakers and their 33-game winning streak might wish to have a say in your discussion.

Yes, the Mavericks are playing well; but not exceedingly better than every team in the current NBA (much less every team in NBA history)

Huh?

By the way, the Spurs are one box-out (or one free throw) short of 18-2 in their last 20. The Spurs didn't get the box-out or the free throw and lost that game, but you seem to suggest that the Mavericks are playing head-and-shoulders better than every other team going; I'm just saying that it's not as if the Mavericks have lapped the field or anything.

Again, I agree that the Mavericks are playing great ball right now and they deserve credit for that. I even think there's a chance the Mavericks can win on Thursday night. But I'd disagree strongly with the notion that the Spurs are somehow lagging desperately behind. Where exactly are the Mavs that the Spurs aren't? 1 up with 26 games to go? What an insurmountable margin that is!

What I was saying is that no one has ever won 95% of their games in a season (Which the Mavs have done in their last 20 games for all of you that can't catch on) so obviously we are playing well enough to score 98 points on the Spurs.

I think it could be argued that the Mavs are playing exceedingly better than any other team in the NBA over the last 20 games. They are winning 10% more of their games than everybody.

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 07:23 PM

He was trying to say that I implied we had 19 wins for every 1 loss this season and he just showed his own ignorance by even posting that because I obviously wasn't implying that, I know we aren't winning 95% of our games this season, I'm not a dumbass.

Supergirl
02-28-2006, 07:26 PM
Spurs 98
Mavs 94

Duncan will dominate the 4th quarter for the win. Mavs can't guard him.

SoCalSpursFan
02-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Spurs 92
Mavs 87

Book It!

FromWayDowntown
02-28-2006, 07:31 PM
What I was saying is that no one has ever won 95% of their games in a season (Which the Mavs have done in their last 20 games for all of you that can't catch on) so obviously we are playing well enough to score 98 points on the Spurs.

Sure, but the Mavericks aren't going to win 95% of their games this season. Heck, I'd even bet you that the Mavericks won't win 95% of games remaining on the schedule. But what does winning 19 of 20 have to do with scoring points on a defensive-oriented team on its home floor? That the Mavericks are winning games doesn't lead inexorably to a conclusion that they'll be able to score more on the Spurs than any other team has. It just means that the Mavericks have been winning a lot of games and, I guess, playing well enough to do that.

Of course, in rolling to 19-1, the Mavericks HAVEN'T played against San Antonio and HAVEN'T played in San Antonio, so the 19-1 is entirely independent of the Spurs.

I think it could be argued that the Mavs are playing exceedingly better than any other team in the NBA over the last 20 games. They are winning 10% more of their games than everybody.

Over a 20 game stretch. But, over the longer course of the NBA season, however, they are only one game better (for the moment) than a Spurs team that has looked to be on cruise control for most of the season.

I guess I just don't follow your logic -- more precisely, I find whatever point you're trying to make wholly illogical.

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Sure, but the Mavericks aren't going to win 95% of their games this season. Heck, I'd even bet you that the Mavericks won't win 95% of games remaining on the schedule. But what does winning 19 of 20 have to do with scoring points on a defensive-oriented team on its home floor? That the Mavericks are winning games doesn't lead inexorably to a conclusion that they'll be able to score more on the Spurs than any other team has. It just means that the Mavericks have been winning a lot of games and, I guess, playing well enough to do that.

Of course, in rolling to 19-1, the Mavericks HAVEN'T played against San Antonio and HAVEN'T played in San Antonio, so the 19-1 is entirely independent of the Spurs.

Over a 20 game stretch. But, over the longer course of the NBA season, however, they are only one game better (for the moment) than a Spurs team that has looked to be on cruise control for most of the season.

I guess I just don't follow your logic -- more precisely, I find whatever point you're trying to make wholly illogical.

BUAHAHAHAH, Good job sherlock, you're right, the Mavs aren't going to win 95% of their games this season. It's a statistical impossibility LOL!! Good job. You're right, we probably wont keep up the win percentage either. But as of now we are the hottest team in the NBA meaning we are scoring more than usual or playing better defense than usual or both. Right now I have to say we are scoring better than normal and playing slightly better defense. So you can't say that there is no way in hell that the way the Mavs are playing now that they can't score 95 points on the Spurs. We'll see what happens.

Spurologist
02-28-2006, 07:50 PM
he has to use a recycled nic name...how lame

those are his initials Jason E. Terry. The original jet is Kenny "the jet" Smith.

DMFFL341
02-28-2006, 07:51 PM
those are his initials Jason E. Terry. The original jet is Kenny "the jet" Smith.

You could argue that they are different since obviously that's where Jason Terry got his nickname and that Kenny Smith was "The Jet" where as Terry is known as "Jet".

mavsfan1000
02-28-2006, 08:22 PM
The mavs will own the spurs once again. I guess the first beatdown wasn't enough.

snowboarder
02-28-2006, 08:40 PM
I won't talk shit until the games over

But you know who I'll be rooting for

Kori Ellis
02-28-2006, 08:45 PM
98-96 Spurs win.

Spurologist
02-28-2006, 09:00 PM
98-96 Spurs win.

who gets the game winner?

SoCalSpursFan
02-28-2006, 09:03 PM
who gets the game winner?

Dirk passes to Finley who takes it the other way and dunks it for the win.

Dirk claims after the game, "Um, wasn't he on our team?!"

adrienne
02-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Umm...

Spurs 94
Mavs 91

I think the Mavs will keep it close throughout the first half...Spurs will pull away in the third quarter, and then the Mavs will chip away throughout the fourth (as they've got a thing with good fourth quarters anyway) but it won't quite be enough. :oops

Ouch.

Spurologist
02-28-2006, 09:24 PM

That would be awesone. Serious ownage.

mavsfan1000
02-28-2006, 09:28 PM
Umm...

Spurs 94
Mavs 91

I think the Mavs will keep it close throughout the first half...Spurs will pull away in the third quarter, and then the Mavs will chip away throughout the fourth (as they've got a thing with good fourth quarters anyway) but it won't quite be enough. :oops

Ouch.
Are you really a mavs fan? Come on. :pctoss

adrienne
02-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Yes, yes I am very much a Mavs fan. But this is a prediction thread, not a fantasy thread.:)

I just think it's a lot to ask for them to win this one...there's a lot of hype and anxiety about this game, and so the SA fans will be crazy.

nkdlunch
02-28-2006, 09:48 PM
Yes, yes I am very much a Mavs fan. But this is a prediction thread, not a fantasy thread.:)

I just think it's a lot to ask for them to win this one...there's a lot of hype and anxiety about this game, and so the SA fans will be crazy.

this Dallas fan knows her shit! good job

Pistonfan1
02-28-2006, 10:04 PM
It is really sad that these Mav fans have only been around for 5 years since they got a new logo and jerseys. No one gave 2 shits about the Mavs in 97,98 etc and now all of a sudden they act like their fucking loyal. It is sad because at least the other pro Dallas teams have loyal fans win or lose but the Mavs fans are the complete opposite.

SequSpur
02-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Mavs 103
Spurs 89

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2006, 10:13 PM
Mavs 103
Spurs 89

Stop being a bully

FilSpursFan
02-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Of course... Spurs will win...!
Spurs - 98
Mavs - 88

adrienne
02-28-2006, 10:18 PM
It is really sad that these Mav fans have only been around for 5 years since they got a new logo and jerseys. No one gave 2 shits about the Mavs in 97,98 etc and now all of a sudden they act like their fucking loyal. It is sad because at least the other pro Dallas teams have loyal fans win or lose but the Mavs fans are the complete opposite.

Umm...excuse me? And I suppose ALL pistons fans are drunken idiots who provoke 6'7" athletes who are paid to be in shape?

Yeah. Quit with the generalizations.

SequSpur
02-28-2006, 10:19 PM
It's hard to be loyal to losers.

reader
02-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Mavs 92
Spurs 87
Don't really like it, but that is how I feel about the game.

edit ... and then if I am wrong, it is all good.

picnroll
02-28-2006, 11:15 PM
I predict that Spurs win, Cuban whines.

mavsfan1000
02-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Some spurs fans with some sense. Hopefully they are right and I can talk smack all night. :lol

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2006, 11:22 PM
Some spurs fans with some sense. Hopefully they are right and I can talk smack all night. :lol

Spurs Lose it's cause Duncans injured

Spurs win it's cause Howards injured.

phyzik
02-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Dirk yells at teammates thinking its the playoffs....... Spurs win..... Avery realizes he is working for the spawn of satan and comes back to the good guys in black.... Cuban cries about the ref's.... balance in the world is restored.... The end.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-28-2006, 11:29 PM

because he is on the PAYROLL :lol

LilMissSPURfect
03-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Spurs play some serious D ....hold the ponies to 84 points!
Timmy and the MAN U have big games! 94!!!!!!!!!

GO SPURS !!

leemajors
03-01-2006, 12:10 AM

you aren't the sharpest knife in the block. if you talk shit, come correct. you said the mavs were averaging 19 wins to one loss this season, i merely pointed out that was not the case.

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2006, 12:19 AM
A little history lesson for the folks out there.

http://img16.echo.cx/img16/3474/tmacdunk3tj.gif

Leetonidas
03-01-2006, 12:30 AM
The mavs will own the spurs once again. I guess the first beatdown wasn't enough.

You seem to be forgetting the second game, didn't the Spurs win that one? :rolleyes

SenorSpur
03-01-2006, 12:33 AM
You Mavs fans have been and are very visible. Just make sure that you're all around after the Spurs "bust that ass"on Thursday.

OK Mavs fans. It's mighty quiet. Where are ya'll asses at? :elephant

aaronstampler
03-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Spurs 212, Mavs -8. The "whitewash" lineup we saw in the 4th against the Knicks plays the whole last half this time.

After the game, Cuban offers to buy to trade teams with Peter Holt, for half a billion dollars cash.

Pistonfan1
03-01-2006, 01:50 AM
Umm...excuse me? And I suppose ALL pistons fans are drunken idiots who provoke 6'7" athletes who are paid to be in shape?

Yeah. Quit with the generalizations.

Where the hell were you 10 years ago then?? No one in that city gave a shit about that team until they changed their Jerseys when the Cuban era started. How long have you been a mavs fan? Since 2002 or since 2004? Mav fans didnt exist 10 years ago and now all of a sudden they exist. Front runners that is what all Mavs fans are and no one in that city even cared about then in the 90's that is such a shame to see.

carina_gino20
03-01-2006, 01:57 AM
Where the hell were you 10 years ago then?? No one in that city gave a shit about that team until they changed their Jerseys when the Cuban era started. How long have you been a mavs fan? Since 2002 or since 2004? Mav fans didnt exist 10 years ago and now all of a sudden they exist. Front runners that is what all Mavs fans are and no one in that city even cared about then in the 90's that is such a shame to see.

leave them alone.. :lol

people have to start somewhere, sometime...

Pistonfan1
03-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Cowboy fans, Stars Fans, Ranger fans=Loyal and Mav fans=Loyal since 2001 when they changed jerseys and people then started to watch them...pathetic.

yourtehclay
03-01-2006, 02:04 AM
Duncan drops 80 on the mavs

final score 80-20

mavsfan1000
03-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Cowboy fans, Stars Fans, Ranger fans=Loyal and Mav fans=Loyal since 2001 when they changed jerseys and people then started to watch them...pathetic.
What's pathetic is a Piston fan trolling a spurs board about the mavs. Stop hating.

DMFFL341
03-01-2006, 02:32 AM
you aren't the sharpest knife in the block. if you talk shit, come correct. you said the mavs were averaging 19 wins to one loss this season, i merely pointed out that was not the case.

I'm so sorry I have to put in "a part of a season" for you to comprehend it you fucking moron. You're just trying to be a dick and it's pretty pathetic, cause you were the only one who didn't seem to get what I was saying.

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2006, 02:37 AM
What better way for POP to get his 500th win against the MAVS

DMFFL341
03-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Or Avery to get his 62nd. :fro

mavsfan1000
03-01-2006, 02:43 AM
I think Pop will have to wait another game to get 500. :spin

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2006, 03:08 AM
Pop only has to wait another day, 500th win comin up, what better way to celebrate against Allas

Dirkuleez
03-01-2006, 04:32 AM

You my friend are an Idiot. To say all Mavs fans are Front Runners and didn't exixt clearly shows this. I've been a loyal Mavs fan since 82. To say we didn't care during the 90's is just wrong. Did you expect Mavs fans to be running through the streets chanting "were the best" when they were winning 15 games a year? I dont ever see Detroit Lions fans talking smack either but does that mean they don't exist? It's hard to get excited when there's nothing to be excited about. You have to remember also that during the early to mid 90's Dallas had what many believe to be one of the best football teams ever. If given a choice to buy season tickets to one or the other, what would you spend your hard earned money on? A Super Bowl contender or a lottery team?

shelshor
03-01-2006, 06:34 AM
Spurs---91
Mavs---86

jochhejaam
03-01-2006, 06:37 AM
Dallas has won 18 of their last 19, is that right? If I were to bet I'd bet a small amount on Dallas but I want S.A. to win to give us a little more breathing room for HCA.
GO SPURS!!! :D

Spurs 91, Mavs 88

10-tka
03-01-2006, 07:33 AM
102:89

Rasho 12 pts 8 rbd
Beno 14 pts

Pistonfan1
03-01-2006, 07:57 AM
What's pathetic is a Piston fan trolling a spurs board about the mavs. Stop hating.

You not being able to answer a simple question is obvious to me that your a front runner. It is facts not hating and your problem with that is you know I am right on this. How long have you been a Mavs fan? 4 or 5 years? :rolleyes

Pistonfan1
03-01-2006, 08:11 AM
You my friend are an Idiot. To say all Mavs fans are Front Runners and didn't exixt clearly shows this. I've been a loyal Mavs fan since 82. To say we didn't care during the 90's is just wrong. Did you expect Mavs fans to be running through the streets chanting "were the best" when they were winning 15 games a year? I dont ever see Detroit Lions fans talking smack either but does that mean they don't exist? It's hard to get excited when there's nothing to be excited about. You have to remember also that during the early to mid 90's Dallas had what many believe to be one of the best football teams ever. If given a choice to buy season tickets to one or the other, what would you spend your hard earned money on? A Super Bowl contender or a lottery team?

Looking at your post count it seems like you have other log in names on this board as well but it is whatever. Of course I didnt expect Mav fans to talk like they were the best but they NEVER talked about their team period during that time. People never cared about them or any move that they made in that era. No one gave 2 shits about going to the games to support their team through thick and thin. So many fans from Dallas I have talked to all tell me "I didn't really watch the Mavs during the 90's and I started to keep up with them the year they beat Utah round 1" :rolleyes . Of course there are those few loyal fans who supported/watched their team during those rough years who can be called fans but not the people who started to care against Utah in 2001.

leemajors
03-01-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm so sorry I have to put in "a part of a season" for you to comprehend it you fucking moron. You're just trying to be a dick and it's pretty pathetic, cause you were the only one who didn't seem to get what I was saying.

no, your posts make little sense and you have no facts to back them up. i got exactly what you were saying, your base comprehension of the english language made it easy to pick apart. in other words, it was a joke and you responded like a true teenager.

101A
03-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Enough about the damned Mavericks.

Lets examine this AWESOME 19-1 run they are on.

In this run, they have played 13 GAMES IN DALLAS.

On the road, they have played a total of 3 teams with winning records - and the Mavs lost one of those.

In the same span the Spurs have played 12 Road games, and only 8 in the SBC - AND the Spurs have played 7 road games against teams with winning records; the Spurs 17-3 over that stretch is AT LEAST as impressive.

Also, if anybody has been paying attention, the Spurs have, in fact, started blowing teams out again - hasn't happened this season; seems like every time they would start pulling away, Pop would mess with the line-up.

Thursday is Mav's fans worst nightmare, and they don't even know it.

Mavs are coming to SBC/ATT with a LEAD in the division and facing the Spurs IN MARCH in a nationally televised Thursday night (meaning not Sunday afternoon) game on 3 days rest!

Remember when Phoenix came to town for its first visit last season - with all the hype and talk?

The Spurs are going to beat the crap out of Dallas because.....are you ready?????
?
?
?
?
?
?
They are a MUCH better team than Dallas.

Tony & Manu (with the green light he hasn't had for a couple of weeks) are going to LIVE in the lane. Tim is going to play MVP ball. Nazr is on a mission (if anyone hasn't noticed), Bowen can notch a couple more DPOY votes, Finley, Van Exel AND Barry all have something to prove...

I'm sick of hearing about Dallas's overhyped depth! Look at those names up there - count the rings! (and Horry's not in that list) Ponder the varied and massive talent and experience and understand, that that team hasn't even warmed up to the season yet, but only trails Dallas by a single game!

I watched for a decade, and then after 99, as the Spurs would go on massive W/L runs, building to a HUGE regular season game (oxymoron btw), against a SUPERIOR team, only to get my hopes dashed against the rocks of NBA reality. Prepare to get disappointed Mavs fans, it IS coming, and as Clayton Williams said, "You might as well sit back, relax, and enjoy it."

Spurs by any number Pop chooses.

1Parker1
03-01-2006, 09:28 AM
^:lol Awesome post :tu

island_dude
03-01-2006, 09:40 AM
I've been a fan since the innaugural 1980 season, so don't include me into the mix. I probably wasn't as enthusiastic in the 90's when that franchise was the worst in sports, but was still a fan.

island_dude
03-01-2006, 09:49 AM
I suppose you've never heard of the Reunion Rowdies of the late 80's? Reunion Arena was a rocking place during that era. The 90's were definitely a dark era for them.

Pandaemonaeon
03-01-2006, 09:56 AM
Remember when Phoenix came to town for its first visit last season - with all the hype and talk?

SA beat Phoenix

Everyone except Suns fans (obviously) KNEW they weren't going to win against SA because they couldn't play playoff basketball. This year's Dallas can and that's why they're getting all this hype, at least that's what I hope everyone's thinking and not only because they have an OMG record.

I'm sick of hearing about Dallas's overhyped depth! Look at those names up there - count the rings! (and Horry's not in that list) Ponder the varied and massive talent and experience and understand, that that team hasn't even warmed up to the season yet, but only trails Dallas by a single game!

Agreed but not in the way you phrase it. Depth is overrated because a) AJ shortens his rotations to 8 and b) the playoff scheduling isn't tight enough to make fatigue and whatnot a factor. Depth aids against injuries though, as is the case with us and no, I'm not talking about "I can't play 100%" type of injuries.

LilMissSPURfect
03-01-2006, 09:56 AM
I had the pleasure the see the SPURS at reunion arena...It was nicely decorated in (ahem..tryin to 4get the pink days)SILVER & BLACK.........SPURS fans were treated to any seat in the house.........!!!

101A
03-01-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm sorry I made an error in my previous post.

The Spurs have played 13, not 12 road games in the past 20 - exactly the number of HOME games the Mavs have had.

101A
03-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Everyone except Suns fans (obviously) KNEW they weren't going to win against SA because they couldn't play playoff basketball. T

And you think Dallas fan is different this year?

I'll go out on a limb, and invite guests of SpursTalk who are neither Mavs or Spurs fans to come into this thread and tell us what THEY think the Mavs chances are against the Spurs in this years playoffs. I'm betting most view the Mavs very much like they viewed the Suns last season. I might be wrong.

BTW, how man Piston's fans are bumping around the Mavs boards discussing the upcoming finals?

Pandaemonaeon
03-01-2006, 10:15 AM
And you think Dallas fan is different this year?

Tim Duncan thinks so, Tony Parker thinks so, Phil Jackson thinks so, Charles Barkley thinks so, most of the people here at Spurs Talk think so, and yes I, the biggest Mavs pessimist of them all think so too. Of course, the issue of whether they could take out the Spurs in a playoff series hell, if they could translate regular season success to the PO, is still up in the air but that's not the point. Dallas is different this year and it's obvious.

pache100
03-01-2006, 10:19 AM
98-93/Spurs

http://i2.tinypic.com/ot17di.jpg

101A
03-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Tim Duncan thinks so, Tony Parker thinks so, Phil Jackson thinks so, Charles Barkley thinks so, most of the people here at Spurs Talk think so, and yes I, the biggest Mavs pessimist of them all think so too. Of course, the issue of whether they could take out the Spurs in a playoff series hell, if they could translate regular season success to the PO, is still up in the air but that's not the point. Dallas is different this year and it's obvious.

You weren't comparing Dallas to Dallas last year, you were comparing Dallas to Phoenix last year:

Everyone except Suns fans (obviously) KNEW they weren't going to win against SA because they couldn't play playoff basketball. This year's Dallas can and that's why they're getting all this hype, at least that's what I hope everyone's thinking and not only because they have an OMG record.

Nationally Phoenix had FAR more believers last season than Dallas does this.

adrienne
03-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Where the hell was I 10 years ago...well...hmmm...I was 10, and just worried about doing well in the fourth grade.

101A
03-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Where the hell was I 10 years ago...well...hmmm...I was 10, and just worried about doing well in the fourth grade.

So, you're 20?

Relatively ancient as far as Mavs fans go.

adrienne
03-01-2006, 10:27 AM
I see you're one for the math.:) Yes, I'm 20.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Let's look into the old crystal ball...
OK, here's how I see it going down. Tony Parker, playing with a severe hangover after another night of clubbing with Eva, shows tremendous heart leading the Spurs through three quarters before eventually passing out into a puddle of his own vomit. Coach Pop looks down the bench and calls on NVE to get in there. Instead NVE shoves Popovich and turns his jersey inside out, revealing Mavs colors. Finley soon does the same and they both take their places on Mavs bench as a hush falls over the AT&T Center. Cuban takes advantage of the silence to stand up and proclaim that this was all part of his master plan. That he snuck Finley and Nick into the Spurs as sleeper cells and still actually has them on his payroll. As he cackles maniacally Pop, undaunted tells Beno to get out there. However, the young Slovenian slips on Parker's vomit and gives himself a severe concussion after banging his head on the floor. In a moment of despair Popovich is beside himself wondering what he's going to do about his PG situation.

Meanwhile on the other side AJ is confronting Cuban. "Mark! I wanted to win, but not like this! This isn't how I run this team!"

Cuban snorts derisively, and shouts back, "You don't run this team, I do! Now get back to work, Avery!"

Avery nods sadly, says, "Fine, I'll get back to work...BUT NOT FOR YOU!" The brief look of shock on Cuban's face is priceless shortly before AJ knocks him out with a devastating haymaker. He tears off his suit to reveal a Spurs #6 jersey with the old school fiesta colors and gives Pop a big manly hug before entering the game for the Spurs. The referees desperately try to reach David Stern by phone but as it is Thursday evening he is curled up in front of his TV for NBC's Must See Thursday line-up and has left strict orders that he is not to be disturbed. Fearing a riot from the Spurs fans should the game be stopped, the refs allow the game to continue, and AJ leads the Spurs to victory.

Of course, this won't be quite as dramatic as it sounds, because at the end of the third quarter the score will already be Spurs 197, Mavs 13. Come on people, it's the friggin Mavs.

101A
03-01-2006, 10:34 AM
I see you're one for the math.:) Yes, I'm 20.

As a Mavs fan, I can understand that you didn't understand the structure of my post.

The "math" was simply a tool to make a sarcastic, generalized statement about the intelligence and maturity level of the average Dallas Mavericks fan.

to wit:

So you're 20?

...was written simply to set up the punch line:

relatively ancient for a Mavericks fan.

I guess I could have just written the punch line, but in consideration of the number of Mavs fans browsing this particular thread, I figured I better do the math. (implied: because they can't do it themselves.)

adrienne
03-01-2006, 10:36 AM
I find it humorous that you're criticizing MY "lack of recognition" of your sarcasm...

Borosai
03-01-2006, 10:42 AM
OK, here's how I see it going down. Tony Parker, playing with a severe hangover after another night of clubbing with Eva, shows tremendous heart leading the Spurs through three quarters before eventually passing out into a puddle of his own vomit. Coach Pop looks down the bench and calls on NVE to get in there. Instead NVE shoves Popovich and turns his jersey inside out, revealing Mavs colors. Finley soon does the same and they both take their places on Mavs bench as a hush falls over the AT&T Center. Cuban takes advantage of the silence to stand up and proclaim that this was all part of his master plan. That he snuck Finley and Nick into the Spurs as sleeper cells and still actually has them on his payroll. As he cackles maniacally Pop, undaunted tells Beno to get out there. However, the young Slovenian slips on Parker's vomit and gives himself a severe concussion after banging his head on the floor. In a moment of despair Popovich is beside himself wondering what he's going to do about his PG situation.

Meanwhile on the other side AJ is confronting Cuban. "Mark! I wanted to win, but not like this! This isn't how I run this team!"

Cuban snorts derisively, and shouts back, "You don't run this team, I do! Now get back to work, Avery!"

Avery nods sadly, says, "Fine, I'll get back to work...BUT NOT FOR YOU!" The brief look of shock on Cuban's face is priceless shortly before AJ knocks him out with a devastating haymaker. He tears off his suit to reveal a Spurs #6 jersey with the old school fiesta colors and gives Pop a big manly hug before entering the game for the Spurs. The referees desperately try to reach David Stern by phone but as it is Thursday evening he is curled up in front of his TV for NBC's Must See Thursday line-up and has left strict orders that he is not to be disturbed. Fearing a riot from the Spurs fans should the game be stopped, the refs allow the game to continue, and AJ leads the Spurs to victory.

Absolutely fantabulous! :lol

101A
03-01-2006, 10:44 AM
I find it humorous that you're criticizing MY "lack of recognition" of your sarcasm...

touche.

20 from Dallas?

Any pictures. :spin

Gamabunta
03-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Spurs welcome the Mavs back to reality.

adrienne
03-01-2006, 10:52 AM
No, no pictures. I'm Amish. I'm risking being shunned as we speak using a computer....filthy technology!

1Parker1
03-01-2006, 10:53 AM
touche.

20 from Dallas?

Any pictures. :spin

:lol Adrienne, you should have seen that one coming.

pache100
03-01-2006, 11:02 AM

That sounds like something from The Onion! http://i2.tinypic.com/ot28fp.gif Excellent!

Justin Timberlake
03-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm going to have to say that the Spurs will be victorious over the Mavericks, especially with Harris and Howard both lingering with injuries and Dirk being injured as well. Bruce has really stepped up on the offensive side lately and Manu and TP are pretty much carrying the load to give Tim a much needed rest in these past games, look for the spurs to win by at least 10

1Parker1
03-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Will Bruce be put on Harris? Wasn't he injured the last time they played?

Justin Timberlake
03-01-2006, 11:13 AM
Justin Timberlake has spoken Spurs will win by at least 10, it is in my knowledge and as such it has been deamed uncontestable

loveforthegame
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
I just couldn't stomach a Spurs loss. The Mavs fans are talking too much shit on both sides of the boards. It would serve them right to lose but I'm sure they'll be excuses. How many times have we heard that the Spurs get all the calls and all the breaks?

I don't care if it's by 1 point or 20, I just want a Spurs win.

trevcourt
03-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Spurs 98

mavs 87

Taladro
03-01-2006, 11:33 AM
I just couldn't stomach a Spurs loss. The Mavs fans are talking too much shit on both sides of the boards. It would serve them right to lose but I'm sure they'll be excuses. How many times have we heard that the Spurs get all the calls and all the breaks?

I don't care if it's by 1 point or 20, I just want a Spurs win.
As you wish, the Spurs will deliver. No thriller though, it will be a finish with the subs. :spin

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-01-2006, 01:27 PM
Spurs 91
Mavs 83

DMFFL341
03-01-2006, 01:42 PM
You know what started our 19 of 20 game winning streak? No, it wasn't just the Mavs started playing well, it was a coaching move. After the 115-113 OT loss to the Knicks, Avery was so upset and frustrated with Dampier that he benched him and started Diop. So far it has turned into Damp coming off the bench, playing a hell of a lot better, recording a lot less fouls, and the Mavs are where they are now. Now I don't think it is coincidence we are playing a lot better than we did before, and I personally think we can keep up the great playing, maybe not 19 wins to 1 loss the rest of the way, but atleast a win percentage of 80 over the rest of the season.

DDS4
03-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Enough talk.

All I have to say is...if the Spurs win, the Mav fans better be around to take their cough medicine.

adrienne
03-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Even if I PREDICTED a Spurs win, and just don't want to be around to dwell on it?

I'm telling you now, if the Mavs lose...which I expect they will...I probably WON'T be around.

DDS4
03-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Even if I PREDICTED a Spurs win, and just don't want to be around to dwell on it?

I'm telling you now, if the Mavs lose...which I expect they will...I probably WON'T be around.

Except for you, many of the Mavs fans in here have been talkin' about how the Mavs are going to dethrone the Spurs ALL season long.

This game is by no means a playoff game, but if the Spurs win, I expect Mavs fans to disappear or at most, whine about how they didn't win.

Duncanoypi
03-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Dampier will be fouled out tomorrow...Vbook it!

LilMissSPURfect
03-01-2006, 03:25 PM

This SPAM stuff works well for the FANS too ehy?

Of course, this won't be quite as dramatic as it sounds, because at the end of the third quarter the score will already be Spurs 197, Mavs 13. Come on people, it's the friggin Mavs.
:spin

adrienne
03-01-2006, 03:54 PM
I know many Mavs fans are going to the extreme. But you can't blame us for feeling good about our team and being excited about the way things are going....do you remember what it felt like before the Spurs won the championship in '99?

I personally don't believe the Mavs will win tomorrow in SA, and as much as I love this team I still think they need some time before they'll be able to make a SERIOUS run at a championship. But you have to admit that this team is a lot better than most people thought they would be.

DMFFL341
03-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I am still going to be around win or lose tomorrow.

bdubya
03-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Spurs lock it down when it counts, and take it 96-89.

SenorSpur
03-01-2006, 04:18 PM
I know many Mavs fans are going to the extreme. But you can't blame us for feeling good about our team and being excited about the way things are going....do you remember what it felt like before the Spurs won the championship in '99?

I personally don't believe the Mavs will win tomorrow in SA, and as much as I love this team I still think they need some time before they'll be able to make a SERIOUS run at a championship. But you have to admit that this team is a lot better than most people thought they would be.

Absolutely! There's no question this is perhaps the best Mavs team ever. Mavs fans have every right to be excited and talk shit. In fact, the rise of the Mavs makes for a "sterling" rivalry between our two teams. It's good for basketball and I believe it makes the Spurs better too.

I'm always amused at the cockiness displayed by each annual WC contender in thinking they're ready to knock off the world champions. Last year, it was Phoenix. This year the Mavs. I don't think the Mavs are quite there yet, but it's good to see them finally develop into a championship contender.

I only wish the NBA reseeded after each round so that the potential for a Spurs/Mavs WCF series would be possible.

50 cent
03-01-2006, 04:37 PM

Adrienne, you are the coolest and most sane Mavs fan out there. Most of the others are just grade A douchebags.

DMFFL341
03-01-2006, 04:47 PM
Absolutely! There's no question this is perhaps the best Mavs team ever. Mavs fans have every right to be excited and talk shit. In fact, the rise of the Mavs makes for a "sterling" rivalry between our two teams. It's good for basketball and I believe it makes the Spurs better too.

I'm always amused at the cockiness displayed by each annual WC contender in thinking they're ready to knock off the world champions. Last year, it was Phoenix. This year the Mavs. I don't think the Mavs are quite there yet, but it's good to see them finally develop into a championship contender.

I only wish the NBA reseeded after each round so that the potential for a Spurs/Mavs WCF series would be possible.

Last year ya'll weren't considered the "champs" the Pistons were.

Dirkuleez
03-02-2006, 04:02 AM
Looking at your post count it seems like you have other log in names on this board as well but it is whatever. Of course I didnt expect Mav fans to talk like they were the best but they NEVER talked about their team period during that time. People never cared about them or any move that they made in that era. No one gave 2 shits about going to the games to support their team through thick and thin. So many fans from Dallas I have talked to all tell me "I didn't really watch the Mavs during the 90's and I started to keep up with them the year they beat Utah round 1" :rolleyes . Of course there are those few loyal fans who supported/watched their team during those rough years who can be called fans but not the people who started to care against Utah in 2001.

Well as far as me having other log in names the answer is no. I actually had no intentions of posting anything here. I just wanted to see what the Spurs fan perspective of the game was. Anyway. I can agree with much of what you are trying to say. It's just the way you phrased it the first time made it sound like we all traded in or Mavs gear and rooted for someone else. Some probably did but there was a few of us that toughed it out. Did we watch them as much? NO. It's hard watching the team you love get beat by 20+ points on a nightly basis.

timvp
03-02-2006, 04:05 AM
Dirkuleez

:td

Dirkuleez
03-02-2006, 04:44 AM
What's up with you timvp? Is there a reason you felt the need to but in on the discussion we were having?

spurschick
03-02-2006, 08:08 AM
What's up with you timvp? Is there a reason you felt the need to but in on the discussion we were having?

:lol It's timvp's forum. Show some respect.

Rummpd
03-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Spurs clamp down

Mavs

DMFFL341
03-02-2006, 09:18 AM

He made a fucking comment taht had absolutely nothing to do with the convo. What the hell is the point of that? And if you think Dirkuleez is bad sn look at yours timvp. Oh I bet that was hard to come up with.

101A
03-02-2006, 10:03 AM
He made a fucking comment taht had absolutely nothing to do with the convo. What the hell is the point of that? And if you think Dirkuleez is bad sn look at yours timvp. Oh I bet that was hard to come up with.

We all are guests in HIS house, punk.

Look in the "State of the Union" thread to get some perspective.

And, oh yeah; The Mavs Suck.

Brutalis
03-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Ok. Go sit in the boat with these Pistons fans and watch yourselves slowly drift out to sea......

austinfan
03-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Close game, 90-87 Spurs, with Tony having a big night despite being heavily defended. Rebounding has been good lately, too, for the Spurs and I think we'll see more of that.

Go Spurs Go!

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2006, 10:44 AM
i dont need to predict, this will be an easy win, next!

lilmads
03-02-2006, 10:50 AM
Spurs 92
Mavs 84

TP better have a good night!

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Why do Mavericks fans -- and not fans of other teams -- feel they have some sort of authority to come in here and start dictating how conversations should go and what the terms of posting should be around here? It's an odd phenomenon.

If you think timvp's statement was irrelevant, just scroll. Don't tell the guy who runs the forum how to run his forum.

Presumptuous.

Dirkuleez
03-02-2006, 06:07 PM

I wasn't disrespecting him. Just asking him what the thumbs down was all about. No biggie. Besides. You have earn respect.

Kori Ellis
03-02-2006, 06:09 PM

He was giving his opinion about Dirkuleez screen name. Get over it.

T-Pain
03-02-2006, 06:15 PM
mike wilbon just predicted the mavs will win

DMFFL341
03-02-2006, 06:19 PM
He was giving his opinion about Dirkuleez screen name. Get over it.

Does that have anything to do with Prediction for Mavs - Spurs Game? Didn't think so.

FromWayDowntown
03-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Does that have anything to do with Prediction for Mavs - Spurs Game? Didn't think so.

Ah! I see the forum police have arrived.

Kori Ellis
03-02-2006, 06:22 PM

Do you think every thread on the forum sticks to the topic? :lmao

DMFFL341
03-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Well not only was he being a dick, he couldn't even stay on topic with it.

T-Pain
03-02-2006, 06:25 PM
spurs 107
mavs 106

Spurminator
03-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Dirkuleez

I like it.

Take it for what it's worth, of course...

Spurminator

Rynospursfan
03-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Spurs 91
Mavs 86
Dirkuleez :td

mavsfan1000
03-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Mavs will win and than I'll be posting all night. lol

Dirkuleez
03-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Well if timvp just didn't like my screen name, I have no problem with that. I just thought he didn't agree with something I said in an earlier post. No worries. I go by the name Dirkules over at realgm but some people thought I was trying to write Dirkrules and just mispelled it. I just didn't want to have to explain it everytime I posted like I had to over there. Especially since I'm dealing with Spurs fans ;)

bdubya
03-03-2006, 01:54 PM
Spurs lock it down when it counts, and take it 96-89.

I publicly apologize for underestimating Finley's free-throw shooting. :oops